So, perhaps no more Skyrim DLC in store after all?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShangTsung

well we all knew it had to end sometime, atleast now people can hopefully buy a goty version with all dlc, i plan on buying the goty version when it releases even though i already have the dlc just cause.. what i'm most worried about is the series jumping on the online mp bandwagon like every great gaming franchise seems to do nowadays, thus ruining it.. game devs need to accept that not everybody is obsessed with multiplayer, in fact some of us downright HATE it! i've said this before on here and i just hope bethesda is smart enough not to toss aside all its old school fans that have followed the series from the very start to make buddies with all the CoD multi-addicts.. :oops:

Aniratak

well we all knew it had to end sometime, atleast now people can hopefully buy a goty version with all dlc, i plan on buying the goty version when it releases even though i already have the dlc just cause.. what i'm most worried about is the series jumping on the online mp bandwagon like every great gaming franchise seems to do nowadays, thus ruining it.. game devs need to accept that not everybody is obsessed with multiplayer, in fact some of us downright HATE it! i've said this before on here and i just hope bethesda is smart enough not to toss aside all its old school fans that have followed the series from the very start to make buddies with all the CoD multi-addicts.. :oops:

I hate it too. They are not going to stop making singleplayer TES. That would just not be right at all.. It's not Bethesda that's developing TESO. Another sister-company to Bethesda is doing that.. So it wont take up their time.

ShangTsung

I hate it too. They are not going to stop making singleplayer TES. That would just not be right at all.. It's not Bethesda that's developing TESO. Another sister-company to Bethesda is doing that.. So it wont take up their time.
TESO will most likely be something along the lines of a WoW style skyrim game requiring a pay-to-play account, theirs not really much else they could do with it, i ofcourse have never bought into nor understood the hype of online gaming in general, WoW, or whatever so.. i won't be giving it one look.

Asiaxfani

Well folks. We have had a good run.
I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.

Skyrim will forever be in our hearts and we will play it for many years to come.
It might be the end of an adventure. But the true adventure lies ahead.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Yeah, what he said.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit sad. But we have had a good run, haven't we? Some of us still are. I still have quests to do, places to explore and adventures to have until I'm ready to leave Skyrim. This time I've had with Skyrim has been just incredible. I don't regret one bit using all that money on the game. Don't know about you guys, but I feel I've gotten my money's worth, and then some. I will keep enjoying Skyrim, and if there ever will be another Elder Scrolls game, well Bethesda can count on me to spend my money on it as well. Skyrim has been an epic adventure I'll never forget.

ShangTsung

Yeah, what he said.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit sad. But we have had a good run, haven't we? Some of us still are. I still have quests to do, places to explore and adventures to have until I'm ready to leave Skyrim. This time I've had with Skyrim has been just incredible. I don't regret one bit using all that money on the game. Don't know about you guys, but I feel I've gotten my money's worth, and then some. I will keep enjoying Skyrim, and if there ever will be another Elder Scrolls game, well Bethesda can count on me to spend my money on it as well. Skyrim has been an epic adventure I'll never forget.
so very true.. i seriously doubt i will ever stop playing skyrim, its just one of those games that i ALWAYS keep going back to and NEVER seems to get old, mainly cause theirs just so damn much you can do, so many combat styles, so many character looks, armor combinations, robes, ect, so many different strategies for battle, i honestly don't see how it ever could get old, the game is just a masterpiece and bethesda knew they had struck gold the second they released it, they more less admitted while trying hard not to sound cocky that they were not surprised at all with how popular the game had become, hell i had a freakin pizza delivery dude strike up an hour long conversation one time when i had the game paused on my inventory, he noticed and wanted to know how i got certin items! that is insane! lol

jarif

im not ruling anything out but it could be bullplops or hey maybe they are almost finished.....

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
i read about this just yesterday, it really pissed me off. I was really hoping that they would at the very least make a dlc where you become High King, and if you had already helped the Stormcloaks then Ulfric somehow dies and you are elected king. If you haven't finished yet but are in the process of a civil war thing then the two opposing sides make a treaty and elect you king. Or if you havent started or done the quest where you make a treaty between the sides then you over hear about the moot going to happen so you go to watch. then since you are dragonborn they make you king. if you dont know you are dragonborn and havent done any of the other stuff yet then you over hear go to watch the outcome but before they announce it they feel the presence of a great power and they find you and elect you. if you have done the treaty quest then they make the moot and since you helped with the treaty you go to make sure things run smoothly and are elected. I know this sounds complicated but come on, wouldn't it be pretty awesome to be the high king of skyrim? Oh well, i guess i'm just mad that Bethesda decided they were done with the game. How can you be done with a game this great? The next one had better be better than this one if it causes them to stop caring about such an awesome game.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
It isn't really that much of a surprise to me. In fact, even though I have most of the DLC I still can't be bothered to play it. None of it seems that interesting to me. I'd much rather they move onto a new RP IP at this point. Besides, some DLC ideas just would not be feasible. As the user above me suggested, playing a King would not be as fun as one would think in Skyrim. Being a Jarl or King in Skyrim would require you sitting on your throne a lot listening to other people complain. And with how factions and stories work anyway, chances are you would not even be treated or called High King. :p

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens

I'm Not knocking you posting this video ....but, ugh, this guy.

I gotta rant because there is One thing I won't miss about Skyrim being "Sign, Sealed, Delivered" and that is people constantly making Video's and Articles like this guy has done over the past year creating 50 billion rumors all over the internet that are cleary "False" or "unconfirmed", or taken way out of context. Besides other culprit's, this guy has had no idea except to post speculation as news. It seems like every time some sort of information comes along about Skryim, this guy's Video's pop up with some outlandish rumor., ( I do still kind of find him funny though, like when he started reviewing the Dragonborn Trailer and said the Rieklings Boars were "Ash Zombies on Rino's" LOL!!! His ultimate Elderscrolls fandom seemed to stop at Morrowwind: Bloodmoon for some reason)

Even in this Video, I seriously would hope one would atleast goggle the term "Redguard Video Game" before he'd make a Full video like this on pure assumption that it was to trademark a "DLC" or a "Video game charater" (Or atleast Google it if your an actual fan of it). If one wants to be the "Hand on the Pulse" of reporting information, you would hope that would mean "Doing atleast an inch of Research". No More Skyrim News means these guys can't make up more rumors about it.

Bye Bye to these guys.

jarif

I'm Not knocking you posting this video ....but, ugh, this guy.

I gotta rant because there is One thing I won't miss about Skyrim being "Sign, Sealed, Delivered" and that is people constantly making Video's and Articles like this guy has done over the past year creating 50 billion rumors all over the internet that are cleary "False" or "unconfirmed", or taken way out of context. Besides other culprit's, this guy has had no idea except to post speculation as news. It seems like every time some sort of information comes along about Skryim, this guy's Video's pop up with some outlandish rumor., ( I do still kind of find him funny though, like when he started reviewing the Dragonborn Trailer and said the Rieklings Boars were "Ash Zombies on Rino's" LOL!!! His ultimate Elderscrolls fandom seemed to stop at Morrowwind: Bloodmoon for some reason)

Even in this Video, I seriously would hope one would atleast goggle the term "Redguard Video Game" before he'd make a Full video like this on pure assumption that it was to trademark a "DLC" or a "Video game charater" (Or atleast Google it if your an actual fan of it). If one wants to be the "Hand on the Pulse" of reporting information, you would hope that would mean "Doing atleast an inch of Research". No More Skyrim News means these guys can't make up more rumors about it.

Bye Bye to these guys.
umm your point is?

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
umm your point is?

Wow, Didn't see the Point? ok.. here it is again:

"One thing I won't miss about Skyrim being "Sign, Sealed, Delivered" is people constantly making Video's and Articles like this guy has done over the past year creating 50 billion rumors all over the internet that are cleary "False" or "unconfirmed", or taken way out of context."

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
Skyrim has 3 DLC's (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.) I would not be surprised if they stopped now. Oblivion only had 3 DLC's, and was a great game, and Morrowind had only 2 expansions.

ultimatedovahkiin

Skyrim has 3 DLC's (Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.) I would not be surprised if they stopped now. Oblivion only had 3 DLC's, and was a great game, and Morrowind had only 2 expansions.
well what you said about oblivion having three dlcs is kinda true, it had two BIG ones like with a story and questline and stuff. Then it had a few dlcs that were houses for your character and had a short one quest thing. Skyrim has two BIG dlcs and one minor house one. The house one is more advanced and is closer to a big one than the Oblivion house dlcs. So I think at the very least they should give Skyrim a few lairs like Oblivion has.

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
well what you said about oblivion having three dlcs is kinda true, it had two BIG ones like with a story and questline and stuff. Then it had a few dlcs that were houses for your character and had a short one quest thing. Skyrim has two BIG dlcs and one minor house one. The house one is more advanced and is closer to a big one than the Oblivion house dlcs. So I think at the very least they should give Skyrim a few lairs like Oblivion has.

Agreeable to a point. I think they did a good job on houses in Skyrim. One in every major hub is ideal and the Hearthfire DLC added what I like to think of as retreat houses. I really don't know why they added adoption, most likely for immersion. The lairs are almost present in Skyrim too. The Dawnstar Sanctuary has a chest and a mannequin iirc. Arch-mages quarters and the Jorrvaskr room also, I think the thieves guild does not offer room since it's in such poor shape(maybe?).

::I do recall some random shacks all over Skyrim that have a safe feature, so you can store some. I use Anise's Cabin for random alchemy sessions. Also forgot Lord harkon's quarters and numerous safe chests/room gained through faction quests.

jarif

Agreeable to a point. I think they did a good job on houses in Skyrim. One in every major hub is ideal and the Hearthfire DLC added what I like to think of as retreat houses. I really don't know why they added adoption, most likely for immersion. The lairs are almost present in Skyrim too. The Dawnstar Sanctuary has a chest and a mannequin iirc. Arch-mages quarters and the Jorrvaskr room also, I think the thieves guild does not offer room since it's in such poor shape(maybe?).

::I do recall some random shacks all over Skyrim that have a safe feature, so you can store some. I use Anise's Cabin for random alchemy sessions. Also forgot Lord harkon's quarters and numerous safe chests/room gained through faction quests.
but the thing is we never got closure. I mean theres a war about imperials vs stormcloacks, falmer, dragons, Thalmor. We need closure to the MQ as dovahkiin despite peoples ''roleplay''

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I guess we'll have to wait until the next game to find out? I mean, I'm sure that even if it's based hundreds of years later that there'll be books about it. Or who knows, maybe it'll be shortly after Skyrim and there will still be dragons.

Who knows~

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
but the thing is we never got closure. I mean theres a war about imperials vs stormcloacks, falmer, dragons, Thalmor. We need closure to the MQ as dovahkiin despite peoples ''roleplay''

Cliffhangers. They are very keen to them. (Them being the designers.)

ultimatedovahkiin

Cliffhangers. They are very keen to them. (Them being the designers.)
I wish they wouldn't do a cliffhanger :/ Because in a series like this when the plot is different each time and there is a different main character in each of the games and the games take place in a total different part of the continent then a cliff hanger is just not cool because you cant really explain it. You know what I mean?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts