Glitch [Slight Spoiler][Guide] How to duplicate Apparel

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stone

Retired Moderator
Stone's Guide
Duplication (Apparel Only)
Introduction
Welcome to my guide. This guide will teach you how to duplicate your apparel.
Requirements
- Must have completed Dark Brotherhood questline
- Must have got the Mannequin upgrade in the new Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.
The Guide
Firstly, make sure you have the requirements stated above. Now, go to the sanctuary in dawnstar. Proceed to the room with the Mannequin. Click on the Mannequin to activate it. Press Square (PS3) or X (Xbox) to store your desired apparel into the Mannequin. Now, do NOT back out of the menu. Go back up to 'Apparel' on the mannequin and take your armour back out. Now, exit the menu and equip the armour that you had originally put in the Mannequin.
Next, quickly leave the Sanctuary. Once you have left, re-enter and go back to the Mannequin. You will notice that if you have done it right, the Mannequin will have your apparel equipped. Take it off him, and repeat if you want to keep getting sets of armour.
Hope this helped!
Glitch Status:
UNPATCHED! - Duplicate while you can!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Great post, i have used it to dupe armor not available but once in the game, Nightingale, Dark brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Dragon masks, etc...

Shew

also on a side note My mannequin in MarKarth keeps recreating a piece of dragon scale armor every time I return home.

Stone

Retired Moderator
also on a side note My mannequin in MarKarth keeps recreating a piece of dragon scale armor every time I return home.
I recently found out that every mannequin does this. :p

Shew

SWEET!

Shew

same as the one listed for the dawnstar sancuary. as listed in the original post.

Shew

note your equiptment on the mannequin will be starter items with no improvements enchantments stay but they will have to be resmithed to whatever level you had them upto

iLLoNyX

Arch Mage to Clan Thu'um.
Awesome guide, bro.

vertigoelectric

I have a question. Once you get a set of mannequins to start duplicating apparel, how do you effectively "reset" it so you can duplicate different items? I know it must be possible, because I've done it before, but it seems rather hit-and-miss. Sometimes it'll start duplicating the new items WITH the old items, sometimes it'll only have SOME of the new items, etc.

Also, as far as losing enchantments on items, I've noticed that you can't seem to lose enchantments on items that can't be disenchanted at the Arcane Enchanter table. For example, I use the mannequins to duplicate the Archmage Robes and the Dragon Priest masks. Those retain their magical attributes after being duplicated.

Oh, and on a side note, if you're in it for the gold, Archmage Robes are a great item to duplicate on mannequins because they're worth quite a bit and only have a weight of 1. I generally carry a stock of Archmage Robes with me regularly so that any time I buy from a merchant, I can just sell back Archmage Robes and essentially get all my gold back. The Volsung Mask is also worth a lot and only has a weight of 5.

Anyway, if someone can answer my original question above, that'd be great. Thanks!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts