SkyrimForums Minecraft Server!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
How could I rely on somebody who is admittedly a Troll to vouch for me?

:p

Seriously, sorry to hijack the thread, could someone explain Minecraft in a few sentences? I look at screenshots and just see Lego land. What is it that makes this game so appealing? (Never actually tried it)
Oh man, it's tough to explain Minecraft concisely. Especially since I hadn't played it in so long and so much had changed. (There's enchanting tables now?) But I'm gonna try...

Minecraft is a huge first person sandbox game. You are spawned into a randomly generating world with one objective: Thrive. In the first day, you will find yourself scurrying to get materials to build a small house, make torches and tools... because at night, the nasties come out. The world of minecraft is inhabited by zombies, skeleton archers, giant spiders, and maybe worst of all creepers (evil little green dudes who sneek up on you and suicide bomb you and anything you are building). Then you can dive into the caves and mine for better matierials, find treasures, build bigger, more impressive structures. And that's only scratching the surface :eek:

its one of those games which is almost impossible to describe without making it sound bad. but its amazing

Yeah It's basically a do as you please, build what you want lego land :)
I just wrote a book and look at you guys :p Maybe I should work in minecraft's marketing department :eek:

Melee

I'm back, bitches
Minecraft is this beautiful, wonderful, pixelly gem of a sandbox game. :D You can build anything you want, and on a creative server, that's so much easier to do! It's hard to describe, but when I first started playing it, I was sure I wouldn't like it. It didn't sound like much fun. And now I'm joyfully addicted. :D You won't regret getting it.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
Speaking of the server, I just tried logging on and I think it said the server wasn't responding (I think that's what it said). Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? :sadface:

EDIT: It's saying "Operation timed out" when I go to choose the server.

Speaking of the server, I just tried logging on and I think it said the server wasn't responding (I think that's what it said). Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? :sadface:

I was able to get in the server Melee. :sadface:

Ohh! I think you didn't get the message about the ip address. Hold on! :D

Seth

The Skrimmer
Ok.. Since there's afew of us playing now I'm going to purchase an online server. I've noticed on the server log there's alot of disconnecting and people mentioning lag, It's only afew dollars a month for a real server which I don't mind paying for. Plus the new server will eventually have the usual features other servers do like the ability to claim land & make your house's/chests..ect private. So the current server will probably be up and down alot till I get the new server up and working. The current map will be uploaded to the new server so everything will be the same ( So don't worry we won't lose the blow-up doll :p ). :)

Ok.. Since there's afew of us playing now I'm going to purchase an online server. I've noticed on the server log there's alot of disconnecting and people mentioning lag, It's only afew dollars a month for a real server which I don't mind paying for. Plus the new server will eventually have the usual features other servers do like the ability to claim land & make your house's/chests..ect private. So the current server will probably be up and down alot till I get the new server up and working. The current map will be uploaded to the new server so everything will be the same ( So don't worry we won't lose the blow-up doll :p ). :)
That's cool! Seth is King :p I'm glad my fortress de troll will still be there. I didn't even finish it yet ;)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Wish I could join you guys, but I lack Minecraft on the PC. I have a feeling my computer could easier handle it, but I don't have the money to afford it. Oh well.

Random thought: does anybody have skype or anything so we can voice chatty chat while we minecraft it up? Usually when I try to type messages to you, I just end up slamming my face on the keyboard nervously :p You might not actually want to listen to my voice though :eek:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts