• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BlazeGlory

"Skyrim has recently fallen into madness, Elves banning the worship of Talos, The High King lost an ancient shouting contest with Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak, which when added with the banning of Talos has started a rebellion. The Empire is trying to take our religion from us. We Nords didn't sign any damn treaty. I say let the elves come, our ancestors got rid of them once, I'm more than sure that with the right leadership we could definitely do so again. That's another thing many have forgotten. The worship of our Ancestors. The great Ysgramor, his son Yngol, legendary warrior Kvenel The Tongue, and most importantly Talos. Does the empire forget what Talos did for man and the Empire on Tamriel? Or the 500? The Empire wants to kill Ulfric for winning a shouting match against the High King? Pah. What a mockery of the way things used to be in Skyrim. Does the Empire care? No. All they care about is their damn lists, they claim they want to bring law and order to Skyrim. Skyrim belongs to the Nords. Not the damn Empire. Not the damn Elves. Nobody except the Nords. That's how its been. That's how it should continue to be. If I have anything to say about it, It WILL stay that way."

The Build:

Race: C'mon guys, use your head. :p

Stone: Warrior til about level 30 or you get 1H/Heavy to 100, Then Steed or Lord.

Major Skills:

1 Handed - Eduj and Okin are legendary weapons in Skyrim, You should learn to use them as well.

2 Handed - Just as Ysgramor once cleansed Skyrim of the Elves with Wuuthrad, you will do the same.

Smithing - All true Nords craft their own armor. So it is a must to have it atleast level 50.

Minor Skills:

Heavy Armor - All real warriors use heavy armor. It's added protection is priceless compared to the maneuverability of Light Armor.

Block - The most life saving tool of any warrior in Skyrim, Ysgramor's Shield is perfect. But also being able to block with your battle axe will work wonders.

Equipment:

Wuuthrad - Ysgramor's legendary axe. 'Nuff said.

Okin and Eduj - The preferred weapons of Kvenel the Tongue. They may not be the best, But the with the history behind them they are a must.

Helm of Yngol - Ysgramor's son, killed in the Sea of Ghosts. One of the Original 500. He is legendary in the history of Skyrim and Atmora. His helm would be priceless to a True Nord.

Ysgramor's Shield - When the Enchantments are coupled with the 80% frost resistance from your racial ability and Yngol's helm plus your blocking perks it will save you many many many times. Not to mention it was used in the Night of Tears.

Full Ancient Nord Armor - Your ancestors wore it, so by default you will too, It may not be the best, but it definitely gets the job done. Enchant as you see fit.

Recommended Quest(line)s:

MQ - All the way to the end. Not that I should be able to spoil anymore but just in case.
Companions - All the way to the end. Again, No Spoilers.
Dragonborn - Yes, Miraak is a threat to the Nordic way of life.
Ashore in a Sea of Ghosts - Important for RP.
Silenced Tongues - Same as above.
Destroy the Dark Brotherhood - Assassin's are milk drinkers and snow backs. Plain and simple. Always have been, always will be. If it's not face to face its not honorable. Kill Them. ALL.

You can do College quest's of you want, but don't use magic (unless necessary). After all if The Eye of Magnus falls into the wrong hands *cough Thalmor cough* it would surely spell an end for Skyrim.

Bjørn of Helgåfjord

Himintelgja - Heaven Scraper
Very nice! I have yet to find ancient Nord armor-only Nordic gauntlets and Boots. I think these should be allowed, since they have "Nord" in the name.

I would agree-no magic really. "Magic is for destitute milk drinkers who can't afford honorable armors from their ancdstors!" exclaims a Nord warrior, to the many wild cheers and applause of the audience.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
When do the Companion quests end?

Or are you referring to just the main quest, and not the Leaders quests?

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Very nice! I have yet to find ancient Nord armor-only Nordic gauntlets and Boots. I think these should be allowed, since they have "Nord" in the name.

I would agree-no magic really. "Magic is for destitute milk drinkers who can't afford honorable armors from their ancdstors!" exclaims a Nord warrior, to the many wild cheers and applause of the audience.
You may craft this armour yourself but only after you finish the Companions quest line and only at the Skyforge. It can be found under Daedric(glitch I guess).

Bjørn of Helgåfjord

Himintelgja - Heaven Scraper
Thanks mates-I'll have to check it out with one of my warrior builds. I haven't gotten the Daedric smithing perk on any of mine yet, so it's good to know you don't need it.

TJ0331

Nords forever
Im doing a true nord build too except I do use restoration for survivability reasons. I dont use a shield I use one handed axes and swords and use ancient nord armor.

BlazeGlory

You have to finish the Companions to be able to smith the Ancient Nord Armor.

(Edit: Didn't see the other guy had already told you)

BlazeGlory

Im doing a true nord build too except I do use restoration for survivability reasons. I dont use a shield I use one handed axes and swords and use ancient nord armor.
Our ancestors do still honor the magic trade in Skyrim. And I would highly recommend using 2H as well, Just to be a complete total Elf killing machine.

TJ0331

Nords forever
Our ancestors do still honor the magic trade in Skyrim. And I would highly recommend using 2H as well, Just to be a complete total Elf killing machine.

So wuuthrad it is.

AS88

Staff member
Thanks mates-I'll have to check it out with one of my warrior builds. I haven't gotten the Daedric smithing perk on any of mine yet, so it's good to know you don't need it.

If you're looking for a way to get your hands on Ancient Nord Armour, head to Forelhost in the Rift. There are ghosts in there (trying not to spoil it) who wear full sets of the armour, so you could loot a few sets if you were bothered about enchanting or whatever. Also, there's a battlemage called Bashnag in a cave south of Helgen who wears Ancient Nord.

BlazeGlory

If you're looking for a way to get your hands on Ancient Nord Armour, head to Forelhost in the Rift. There are ghosts in there (trying not to spoil it) who wear full sets of the armour, so you could loot a few sets if you were bothered about enchanting or whatever. Also, there's a battlemage called Bashnag in a cave south of Helgen who wears Ancient Nord.

Way to take all the fun out of it. xD

BlazeGlory

So wuuthrad it is.

Wuuthrad is my favorite weapon, The sheer size of the blade alone is amazing. Let alone the extra damage to elves. G.O.A.T. It looks especially good when you couple it with the Ancient Nord Armor. Which is also one of the coolest armor's in the game... What Nord doesn't love smelling like death?

TJ0331

Nords forever
I use wuuthrad at first and run in. Then when my health drops down I switch to my one hand nord hero axe and a healing spell. It makes for a very fun warrior as well as mixes up combat. I agree ancient nord looks really good with wuuthrad. My rules are as follows: Everything I wear and use must look nordic in appearance or at least nothing fancy. I am not allowed to enchant anything because its to magical for my liking. I am only allowed restoration magic because nords typically are not gifted at magic. Also I attack the thalmor as long as there aren't any witnesses.

BlazeGlory

I use wuuthrad at first and run in. Then when my health drops down I switch to my one hand nord hero axe and a healing spell. It makes for a very fun warrior as well as mixes up combat. I agree ancient nord looks really good with wuuthrad. My rules are as follows: Everything I wear and use must look nordic in appearance or at least nothing fancy. I am not allowed to enchant anything because its to magical for my liking. I am only allowed restoration magic because nords typically are not gifted at magic. Also I attack the thalmor as long as there aren't any witnesses.

Forget no witnesses. Let 'em watch. Go into Markarth and kill those Elven bastards too. The Elves need to know Skyrim isn't just a pawn in their little chess game with the Empire.

Also, You should get Eduj and Okin, I may seem a little overbearing but it truly is amazing to have weapons with such history in your hands. They are my most used weapons, whether I'm dual wielding or sword(axe) and boarding. I really also see no need to invest in enchanting, Just buy grand soul gems to refill weapons, its a really easy way to level out the game so you don't just get buried in money or too overpowered within 4-6 hours of play time.

TJ0331

Nords forever

Forget no witnesses. Let 'em watch. Go into Markarth and kill those Elven bastards too. The Elves need to know Skyrim isn't just a pawn in their little chess game with the Empire.

Also, You should get Eduj and Okin, I may seem a little overbearing but it truly is amazing to have weapons with such history in your hands. They are my most used weapons, whether I'm dual wielding or sword(axe) and boarding. I really also see no need to invest in enchanting, Just buy grand soul gems to refill weapons, its a really easy way to level out the game so you don't just get buried in money or too overpowered within 4-6 hours of play time.

Smithing is the craft skill for me. I am not currently using any types of shield because I usually only use weapons my character could actually carry in real life. Such as a two hander and two one handed. I think I will swap my one handers with Eduj and Okin though.

TJ0331

Nords forever
All of the nord lovers should make a thread dedicated to them. We could all talk about our builds as well as just everything nord. Kinda like the argonian one if you have seen it.

BlazeGlory

All of the nord lovers should make a thread dedicated to them. We could all talk about our builds as well as just everything nord. Kinda like the argonian one if you have seen it.

You mean the dock workers?

TJ0331

Nords forever

You mean the dock workers?

Yes but I actually do like argonians. The only thing I hate is the snooty high elves.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts