• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DeltaV

Has anyone else ever gone exploring off the map in Sovngarde? Through a combination of Skyrim - Apocalypse spells (Wind Running, Conjure Kyrkrim, and Thundering Hooves), I managed to get around Shor's Hall and jump down into the water below to explore around outside the main Sovngarde area.

Turns out, the gods don't seem to have finished the afterlife yet. Once I got down below Shor's hall, there is a huge expanse of water expanding out to the horizon. However, there is an edge to it because if you go out far enough, you reach a wall that seems to have an infinite plane of rock above it, just expanding outwards as you go along. If you go around the perimeter on top of the wall, you will see huge, mountain sized pillars in the distance which, as you get closer, do wonky things to the land, though I never fell through into a void. The pillars themselves appear 3 dimensional at a distance, but when I got up to the nearest, it was two dimensional and I could ride right through it.

ScreenShot31.png ScreenShot32.png ScreenShot34.png ScreenShot27.png ScreenShot35.png ScreenShot36.png ScreenShot39.png ScreenShot2.png ScreenShot7.png ScreenShot14.png ScreenShot13.png

I've played Skyrim for years but haven't ever done any real off the grid exploring, and I must say I enjoyed it. If you haven't played with the Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim mod, there are a lot of fun utility spells (as well as many others) added in that make a lot possible.

For those who aren't too familiar with Apocalypse, the spells I used to get around were:
Wind Running - makes it so you can run on air for as long as your stamina lasts, and also provides immunity to fall damage.
Conjure Kyrkrim - summons an absolutely broken wolf mount that is much faster than a standard horse and can practically run up vertical walls (seriously, you can just run up the side of the throat of the world and screw physics).
Thundering Hooves - increases mount speed by 30% and allows mounts to run on water

ScreenShot21.png ScreenShot24.png

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts