• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Would you join an RP like this?

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
i was thinking this forum could really use an RP section, so what better place to start than with a Skyrim RP? If you don't know what a forum RP is, basically it's where the creator(me in this case) posts a character card , which includes stuff like, name, race, gender, powers, class, and stuff like that. Once you have created a character, you RP as if you are that character, is he/she a friendly person, a loner? Are you a mighty dragon hunter or a lowly mage apprentice? stuff like that. But there is no "overpowered" stuff like "so and so, is the best mage ever and kills everyone". if the votes turn up with more yes's than no's I'll put up in another thread, a character card, and the official rules. note that this is not the actual RP, just a little info about it, and a poll to see if anyone would actually join. 0_o

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I think it's an interesting idea. I used to be part of a forum-based role playing group (an upgrade from the old play by email days). It worked out well as long as people participated often enough. I don't know if I could participate in one now just because of my actual life being so busy but I'd be interested to see where this goes.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to be out of town starting Christmas Eve until the 30th. I'll have internet access in theory, but it is vacation so I don't know how often I'll care about my wifi signal.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I used to be very active in forum-based roleplaying, but I haven't played for a long time. It would be exciting to get back into, I think. I'm well experienced with the format and procedure, and think this would be an interesting idea, so if you need any extra assistance I'd be willing to help out if it's a popular enough idea. :)

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
it's official! the day after xmas i'll put up the character card's and official rules, and Andante, i will probably needs some help ironing out rules and everything so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Sure, I'm on here at least once every day. Just let me know when, and with what you'll need help and I'll do what I can.

Lemviticus

I adore Role Play! Count me in! :)

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
I am working on everything as i type this, I'll post my first draft of rules here, please tell me if I need to add anything, or take anything away. PS, merry belated Christmas

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Sorry It took so long to make, I was lazy yesterday.
Character Card

Name:
Race: (anything from Skyrim)
Class: (Mage, warrior Rouge, etc, etc)
Personality:

(i think that's about it, if anyone has more ideas for this let us know here.)

Rules(Andante, please look these over and tell me if anything needs to go or anything I need to add, thx)
1. have fun, duh.
2. No godding, no killing forumer's characters, or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people.
3. No profanity. No exceptions.
4. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in parentheses.() for example (i need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide.)
5. if somebody leaves due circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp and stuff like that.
6. This RP will most likely be monitored by me and possibly Andante, we and anyone else I list as RP monitor(with their agreement of course.) on the Front page of the actual RP, will resolve all RP related arguments, like who got what loot from dragon or stuff like that. But Renegader and the Moderators of this forum will have the final say in everything, meaning just because you are in an RP you may not break the rules of the forum.

I think that's everything. Please tell me if I need to add a rule and why or whether I should take one away and why.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Seems pretty inclusive to me, though I think we can fluff up the character profiles a little more perhaps add a section for a brief history, and maybe the option to include a photo (or, screenshot) to clarify anything written in the physical description. I suppose the option to add miscellaneous information (character likes, dislikes, weapon preferences, specialties, and alliances are always an option for the player. :)) Will there be a limit to the number of characters a person will be able to play? I would suggest only one, or two major "adventurer" characters, and perhaps a suggestion of 2 to 3 "NPC" characters to fill in the role of shopkeepers, blacksmiths, quest givers, etc. Nothing too overwhelming, people tend to lose interest and quit when that happens. :sadface:

My only suggestion for the rules would be to expand on just what isn't acceptable, especially when it comes to god modding. Each player and their characters deserve a fair chance to play, and be accepting of limitations. I know you may love and be proud of your character, but they muct have realistic weaknesses you're bound to play to. None of that "Character X dodges all attacks and uses Uber Mega Explosion Magic to blow Characters Y and Z to pieces, LOL!!" stuff. :p

Also, what sort of format do you plan to take? I'm assuming not all players can be the Dragonborn if the plan is to keep one major plot for all players to participate in. I don't think it would be fair to choose one player to be the Dragonborn either, especially to those new to forum roleplaying who deserve an equal opportunity to participate.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Thanks for all the tips! I think this would be a better version of the character card, taking your advice into play.

Name:
Race: (anything from Skyrim)
Class: (Mage, warrior Rouge, etc, etc)
Looks: (photos/screenshots will work here as well as a written description.)
Personality:
Misc: (weapon likes and dislikes, Empire or Rebellion, stuff like that goes here.)

Expanded rules!

1. have fun, duh.
2. No godding, no killing forumer's characters, or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people. No being a Dragonborn either, in the story of Skyrim they are very rare, thus it would be un-fair to have one person be a Dragonborn and be able to use Shouts so easily.
3. No profanity. No exceptions.
4. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in parentheses.() for example (i need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide.)
5. if somebody leaves due circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp and stuff like that.
6. This RP will most likely be monitored by me and possibly Andante, we and anyone else I list as RP monitor(with their agreement of course.) on the Front page of the actual RP, will resolve all RP related arguments, like who got what loot from dragon or stuff like that. But Renegader and the Moderators of this forum will have the final say in everything, meaning just because you are in an RP you may not break the rules of the forum.
7. Only one "playable" character as of now, but when playing you need someone to give out a quest or sell items or something like that you may make an "NPC" character, do not make a character card for an NPC. Just do something like this.
Example: Shopkeeper: What can i do for you mighty adventurer?
Player: I need some new armor.
Shopkeeper: Why sure, our smith just forged some yesterday.
8. "Duels" or player battles, are as of now not permitted, I will try to think of a fair way to incorparate them, but until I modify this post stating the rules for dueling don't do it.

Better? if so, I'll make the actual thread

argonian12

NOTICE FROM A NEW COMER========================
===================

So if you want to kick start the rp again, you can ask me. Allow me to introduce my self, I am argonian12. I'm a newcomer to forum and (as always) is a huge fan of role playing. I want to make my own, but haven't found the right place to. Till I found this....... I want this to be available to everyone. So conceder me a member. And here's a character sheet photo to give you an example. And I want somebody to show me around the rules and such. And just how every thing is going.

Sincerely, argonian12

P.s. I hope the forums going good guys. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405711518.186355.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405711518.186355.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 3

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
NOTICE FROM A NEW COMER========================
===================

So if you want to kick start the rp again, you can ask me. Allow me to introduce my self, I am argonian12. I'm a newcomer to forum and (as always) is a huge fan of role playing. I want to make my own, but haven't found the right place to. Till I found this....... I want this to be available to everyone. So conceder me a member. And here's a character sheet photo to give you an example. And I want somebody to show me around the rules and such. And just how every thing is going.

Sincerely, argonian12

P.s. I hope the forums going good guys. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forums, mate.

Wow, it seems you found an old thread (older than my account and many others!) but don't worry, there is Roleplaying in these forums. In this link, you will find many threads about roleplaying. Some of them are looking for new members, some aren't, just check the OOC and ask the RP owner if things look fuzzy about how full the RP is.

I would recommend the character profiles link as well (also created by NikolaTesla), so you would have a clue about what CC (character cards) are like, but, according to the pic you've uploaded, you seem you already know your way around that. Hope to have helped :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts