• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
When skyrim is comes out, I'll be writing down my experience in Skyrim from my character's perspective. I know there's some people doing this and goes even further by not using the in-game map and draw their own map as they progress. I'm really looking forward to this and I think it's a nice little project to really get into the game.

Thought I might just share the idea with you guys. I would like to hear some of your ideas, thoughts or opinions on this.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
That's actually some mini suggestion you made then, maybe we can have a section where users can have their own personal 'diary' where they can report their character's experiences?

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I heard the game actually keeps a record of everything you do kinda similar to this?

But writing it down from your own perspective does sound like fun. I think I'll type though, my writing skills are plops. xD

Steve House

I think it would be cool to allow everyone to have their own "Diary" as Renegader said. I'd be more then happy to write my players experience from his perspective for people to read. I'm a decent writer and I've written a few of my own short stories before. This could be the beginning of some interesting reading for everyone. :p Count me in! lol

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah it would be cool if we had a separate section for Skyrim RP section though it won't be much active until the game comes out.

I'm getting a leather covered unlined journal and write down stuff my character does. You can draw too if you want. I don't think I'll draw, especially with the whole map thing, but I might if I feel pretty necessary. I still haven't decided on what kind of character I should go with on the first playthrough though. I wrote down like... 8 character ideas and they are all good to me lol

Steve House

I still haven't decided on what kind of character I should go with on the first playthrough though. I wrote down like... 8 character ideas and they are all good to me lol

LOL...I feel the same way...I keep telling myself that I'm gonna play a certain type of character and stick with it and then try the other types out after, but everytime I watch skyrim footage, I change my mind all the time lol. I just found out that you'll actually be able to forge weapons and armor from Dragon Bones so now I'm psyched to try out that whole armor set lol...knowing me, I'll sit at the character creation screen for the first half hour to an hour of my time with Skyrim lmao.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
LOL...I feel the same way...I keep telling myself that I'm gonna play a certain type of character and stick with it and then try the other types out after, but everytime I watch skyrim footage, I change my mind all the time lol. I just found out that you'll actually be able to forge weapons and armor from Dragon Bones so now I'm psyched to try out that whole armor set lol...knowing me, I'll sit at the character creation screen for the first half hour to an hour of my time with Skyrim lmao.
Yeah... It's not just the character play style that's keeping me from selecting a character. I wrote down all their personalities and background stories so that I can do my journaling better but I like them all. I think I'll have to ditch all of them and just go with a character with a personality that suits journaling the best, an open background story and absolutely no combat style in mind and just go with the flow.

Steve House

Yeah... It's not just the character play style that's keeping me from selecting a character. I wrote down all their personalities and background stories so that I can do my journaling better but I like them all. I think I'll have to ditch all of them and just go with a character with a personality that suits journaling the best, an open background story and absolutely no combat style in mind and just go with the flow.

You should post up your character's background/personalities :) Maybe it'll help give some people some ideas as in a fun way for them to play their own characters. More choices for "actual role-playing" that they can try to immerse themselves into. Just an idea :)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
You should post up your character's background/personalities :) Maybe it'll help give some people some ideas as in a fun way for them to play their own characters. More choices for "actual role-playing" that they can try to immerse themselves into. Just an idea :)
yea, I think I'll do that later today. I would love to hear some other people's stories

Stonkey

Ah, now I see where the idea for your character types came from. I just have to wonder how much time you have on your hands that you can journal in real life about a game you are playing. Are there any positions open at whatever job you have?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Ah, now I see where the idea for your character types came from. I just have to wonder how much time you have on your hands that you can journal in real life about a game you are playing. Are there any positions open at whatever job you have?
honestly, no. But I plan to keep my journal with me while I'm playing.

EDIT:
nvm I kind of misread that. I'm a college student so I don't have a job :/ also, all the schoolwork keeps me busy so I don't have all that time but still. I'm going to do it even if it's going to be a slow process.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
The drawing-your-own-map part sounds like a lot of work. I could see how this might work in buildings and tunnels but out in the open? Good luck with that.

Also, keeping a diary is an interesting idea. It makes sense since you’ll be spending hours upon hours in this world and reading diaries are often written for books that will keep you less long entertaining. I’m looking forward to yours should you decide to publish it here since I am probably too lazy to make one myself :p

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
The drawing-your-own-map part sounds like a lot of work. I could see how this might work in buildings and tunnels but out in the open? Good luck with that.

Also, keeping a diary is an interesting idea. It makes sense since you’ll be spending hours upon hours in this world and reading diaries are often written for books that will keep you less long entertaining. I’m looking forward to yours should you decide to publish it here since I am probably too lazy to make one myself :p
thanks. I'm not the only one doing this though. I know a forum that's dedicated to this stuff. it's pretty new and it's almost dead at the moment since skyrim isn't out yet but it looks pretty promising.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
An entire forum? I didn’t expect this to be so popular. What’s the name of that board? Oh and I take these diaries also include descriptions of the fictional background story et cetera of their character?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
well, it's named The Skyrim Tavern. I can link it to you but I get the feeling that the people there want to keep it exclusive mostly. We have a section for journals and sections for character bios etc.

Jeruhmi

I see how this could be a neat little hobby for you, but I personally think that is going to take a lot of time and effort. I look forward to the end product, would be awesome.

Mikk

Article Writer
This thread has honestly inspired me to write some serious fan-fiction, something I never thought I'd find myself saying xD

Jeruhmi

I generally don't get too into roleplaying past character creation and having a general idea of how my character will play.
That makes sense. We all have our own personal opinions on things. I guess you're not the creative type?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts