Skyrim Legendary Edition??... Is this true?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShangTsung

LOL Mwhals, I think he's describing how to download his F2P version of it...if you buy it like a good, upstanding citizen *snicker* <3, all you gotta do is pop the disc into your Xbox, run it and it will give you installation instructions. :)
so on legendary edition you still have to install the dlc? wow that really sucks.. glad i read about this before buying it, i would have been pissed to learn that all i got was another regular version of the game.. they should seriously make this more clear cause a lot of people probably paid 60 bucks for it thinking the same damn thing.

utael

Shang no, When you buy legendary you get two discs, One has Skyrim, the other has the DLC you get those with legendary. What was described above as F2P is someone taking that second disc and hosting it on the web (illegally) and letting people download it for free.

ShangTsung

Shang no, When you buy legendary you get two discs, One has Skyrim, the other has the DLC you get those with legendary. What was described above as F2P is someone taking that second disc and hosting it on the web (illegally) and letting people download it for free.
so if one version is the "complete" version with dlc, why would they even bother giving an extra copy without it? seems kinda pointless.. :confused:

utael

its not legal, its illegal copies on the internet making it so you don't have to buy skyrim legendary edition or the DLC's

Sean

lost somewhere
so if one version is the "complete" version with dlc, why would they even bother giving an extra copy without it? seems kinda pointless.. :confused:

Disc 1:
-vanilla Skyrim updated to version 1.9

Disc 2:
-Brings you to a menu to install each of the 3 DLCs
-This is also a good way to share the DLC with friends who don't have it, as all you have to do is install the DLC from the disc on their Xbox

Typically games do this when they release add on packs, ultimate editions, or goty, then those get ripped and uploaded so people can download them.

Borderlnds 1 & 2 are examples of addon packs
Dragon Age Origins is an example of Ultimate Editions
Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, and Oblivion are good examples of GOTY games that did this (here's an unboxing of Skyrim Legendary so you can see how it works)

There has also been instances of arcade games going the same route, like the Worms series

These files typically either get ripped or just copied from the hard drive once they are installed over to a USB, then they are uploaded to a site, and then downloaded by many people.

(Also, all of these links are either to Amazon or YouTube)

ShangTsung

Disc 1:
-vanilla Skyrim updated to version 1.9

Disc 2:
-Brings you to a menu to install each of the 3 DLCs
-This is also a good way to share the DLC with friends who don't have it, as all you have to do is install the DLC from the disc on their Xbox

Typically games do this when they release add on packs, ultimate editions, or goty, then those get ripped and uploaded so people can download them.

Borderlnds 1 & 2 are examples of addon packs
Dragon Age Origins is an example of Ultimate Editions
Fallout 3/NV, Skyrim, and Oblivion are good examples of GOTY games that did this (here's an unboxing of Skyrim Legendary so you can see how it works)

There has also been instances of arcade games going the same route, like the Worms series

These files typically either get ripped or just copied from the hard drive once they are installed over to a USB, then they are uploaded to a site, and then downloaded by many people.

(Also, all of these links are either to Amazon or YouTube)
ohh... so its NOT on disk dlc? you still need another disk to install it.. thats freakin lame, i dunno why some devs have such a problem with just adding the dlc to the disk, "Borderlands" proved it can be done, so theirs no excuse.

Mwhals

ohh... so its NOT on disk dlc? you still need another disk to install it.. thats freakin lame, i dunno why some devs have such a problem with just adding the dlc to the disk, "Borderlands" proved it can be done, so theirs no excuse.

On the PS3, it is all on one disk, but you still have to install the DLCs on the hard drive.

Sean

lost somewhere

No it didn't.
They just gave individual codes for their DLC (in their GOTY) , so you would have to have Xbox Live (or internet connection) to redeem them, needless to say that pissed people off.

ShangTsung

No it didn't.
They just gave individual codes for their DLC (in their GOTY) , so you would have to have Xbox Live (or internet connection) to redeem them, needless to say that pissed people off.
whaa... my guess is you must have bought the earlier GOTY version of borderlands "which they did release early on with the codes an all" but later they included it all on disk with no codes needed, just pop in disk an play, which is the version i have. o_0

Sean

lost somewhere
whaa... my guess is you must have bought the earlier GOTY version of borderlands "which they did release early on with the codes an all" but later they included it all on disk with no codes needed, just pop in disk an play, which is the version i have. o_0

Looked it up, and I guess it was soon after the GOTY edition was released that Gearbox put all the DLC on the disc after some severe backlash.

Also, Morrowind was the only game I ever bought that was a GOTY.

Toshiro

I am downloading the Legendary edition from Steam. I have a crap connection (avg. 1Mb/sec) so it is still DLing.
Do I have to install the DLCs separately? I had no Skyrim before this.
Finally after watching culveyhouse for more than a year, will I be able to play.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I am downloading the Legendary edition from Steam. I have a crap connection (avg. 1Mb/sec) so it is still DLing.
Finally after watching culveyhouse for more than a year, will I be able to play.
To my knowledge, Steam will install it for you. I've never had to actually go in and install anything I've downloaded through them.

Sent when I should probably be working instead...

PS3 is one disc. As stated above, a disc with DLC on it is awesome for sharing with friends/family, and also for actually owning a hard copy of the DLC (For example, if you lose access to the profile that purchased downloadable content, you lose access to that content. Disc based, however, lets you still use your DLC).

Anyway, Legendary Edition is marketed towards late-comers anyway. The company assumes that if you already owned vanilla Skyrim, you probably owned the DLC as well.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
PS3 is one disc. As stated above, a disc with DLC on it is awesome for sharing with friends/family, and also for actually owning a hard copy of the DLC (For example, if you lose access to the profile that purchased downloadable content, you lose access to that content. Disc based, however, lets you still use your DLC).

Anyway, Legendary Edition is marketed towards late-comers anyway. The company assumes that if you already owned vanilla Skyrim, you probably owned the DLC as well.

Exactly. I am one of those latecomers to the DLC's and was extremely excited when I found this Legendary edition.

Toshiro

To my knowledge, Steam will install it for you. I've never had to actually go in and install anything I've downloaded through them.

Sent when I should probably be working instead...
Yes, Steam did install all the DLCs. Can I disable the DLCs? I kind of want to do most of the Skyrim quests before starting on the DLCs.

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
i've been playing legendary difficulty, figured it was always there. may be it came as part of one of the DLC's I have?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yes, Steam did install all the DLCs. Can I disable the DLCs? I kind of want to do most of the Skyrim quests before starting on the DLCs.

You don't really have to disable the DLCs to play the main quest of Skyrim. If you have them, you will have some extra items and functionality generally available. When you make level 10, you'll get the message for Dawnguard and it will put the quest in your journal. Dragonborn will start with an attack by some Cultists, but once you get the journal entry, you don't have to follow up on it until you want to. Hearthfire is an environmental add-on.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts