Skyrim gets super laggy after about 5 minutes, sounds like dubstep

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
It's not quite a CTD, but it does make the game rather unplayable when it happens, which is about 5 minutes into playing. First and foremost, I'm running around 180 mods right now, including ENBoost and safeload up and other stability mods. I checked the drivers for my GPU's and they are up to date. I know it's not a hardware issue as I'm running 16gb of 2400mhz ram, an i7 4790k, and two GTX 970's. I enabled SLI (at least I think I did) through the NVidia control panel and even triple buffering through the Nvidia Control panel as well. In the last 5 days or so, the game, it's also happened in COH2 as well though so it's not entirely limited to Skyrim, will get super duper laggy. It's clearly a software issue given how awesome my hardware is.

The sound will come through my headphones sounding like dubstep. It always forces me to quit to desktop whenever it happens, when I play skyrim it happens usually within 5 minutes of a playthrough. Any ideas on how to work this out I could use some suggestions. I really don't want to have to reformat my PC, Windows 8 has always been problematic for me and I may not get a truly enjoyable skyrim experience until Windows 10 comes out it seems atm.

What happens if you run Skyrim without mods at all? Do you have the same issue? I understand you are getting the same issue through COH2, but I'm just trying to rule out other obvious possibilities.

Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers? Are they beta or stable versions? It's possible an update that happened recently, either to Windows or your drivers may be the source of your issue.

tealemonade

I'm assuming that you're not going to experience those issues with all mods disabled, so it's probably a mod. I wouldn't blame Windows 8 for the problem, though. That many mods is bound to screw something up and affect your gameplay rather than the operating system bugging out on its own.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts