• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Well, since the game is on its way to release, I guess we can talk about potential DLC since the developers started on them yet.

Known fact about DLCs for Skyrim:
-They announced that they plan on making fewer but bigger DLC.
-It will be similar to Fallout's DLC in terms of size. NO HORSE ARMOR!
-They did say they hope it to make it similar to Shivering Isle DLC

Well, I really loved Shivering Isle DLC for oblivion. It was amazing. Oblivion gave me an impression that other oblivion realms are all just typical hell and pretty boring in general... I mean, we only visit Mehrunes Dagon's realm and I wasn't particularly impressed by it. Not to mention, you briefly visit Peryite's oblivion realm which is exactly the same format as Dagon's. I think there's a high chance that the next DLC will take place on one of the oblivion realms. You can read about them right here. There's a lot of interesting realms... For example, I think Hircine's realm sounds interesting. Just imagine, running around in Hircine's realm of puzzle rooms and maze as you are being chased down by werewolves and giant bears. :]

If not, it could take place somewhere beyond the shores of Tamriel, like other continents but that seems a little bit too big for DLCs as they described. Perhaps a whole new game like Fallout:NV for Fallout 3? Well, that's thinking a bit too far ahead but I'll be interested in it. What do you guys think?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
They've learned their lessons from that horse armor DLC, and amount of praise Fallouts DLCs have gotten from players and critics equally, devs are most likely to go that direction. Bioware DLCs are just pure rip-offs if you compare them to what Bethesda has published.

Realms are good guess, because you can invent anything out of them. There's no limit to imagination, is there? In addition, developers can invent a few new realms.

Cole

Mythik
The good thing about the oblivion realms being a potential dlc is that they can be made to look like almost anything and the devs can let their imagination flow, as stated above. It would be fun and interesting to explore these realms.

I would also love to see realms that aren't in the Oblivion mindset. Maybe a small corner of Morrowind and Cyrodiil available? This one is a bit more difficult as the other zones have been used, or might be used in a later game like Hammerfel.

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
I have no idea! Bethesda would probably come up with something cool to where you do some quests for dragons until you become the master.. Kinda like a dragon guild? Idk haha.

Cole

Mythik
You're own clan of dragons, that would be a dream come true. Along with a pet dragon to raise! I want that so bad!

Cole

Mythik
Which might lead to them to eventually allow us to fly around possibly? That would be very cool, I know I would spend a lot of time looking down at the land below as i flew around.

Travis

Oh man! Flying your pet dragon around the landscape would be incredible. I won't hold my breath, but if they could figure out a way to pull that off, that's DLC I would buy!

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
I just hope they don't make stupid small DLC's like they did in Oblivion that didn't even feel great after completing it..*cough* "Knights of the nine" Boring and all you got was heavy armor..

Travis

Well, since the game is on its way to release, I guess we can talk about potential DLC since the developers started on them yet.

Known fact about DLCs for Skyrim:
-They announced that they plan on making fewer but bigger DLC.
-It will be similar to Fallout's DLC in terms of size. NO HORSE ARMOR!
-They did say they hope it to make it similar to Shivering Isle DLC

Well, I really loved Shivering Isle DLC for oblivion. It was amazing. Oblivion gave me an impression that other oblivion realms are all just typical hell and pretty boring in general... I mean, we only visit Mehrunes Dagon's realm and I wasn't particularly impressed by it. Not to mention, you briefly visit Peryite's oblivion realm which is exactly the same format as Dagon's. I think there's a high chance that the next DLC will take place on one of the oblivion realms. You can read about them right here. There's a lot of interesting realms... For example, I think Hircine's realm sounds interesting. Just imagine, running around in Hircine's realm of puzzle rooms and maze as you are being chased down by werewolves and giant bears. :]

If not, it could take place somewhere beyond the shores of Tamriel, like other continents but that seems a little bit too big for DLCs as they described. Perhaps a whole new game like Fallout:NV for Fallout 3? Well, that's thinking a bit too far ahead but I'll be interested in it. What do you guys think?
I like the idea of a puzzle DLC. Generally though, I pass on DLC... I can't help but feel like I am getting ripped off. Like I am paying a little more, for something that should have been included. I would rather they just take the time to finish the game, and then deliver it all at once, like a GOTY edition that comes with all the DLC... but at launch. You know, the way games used to be. I guess I just resist change.

Travis

I just hope they don't make stupid small DLC's like they did in Oblivion that didn't even feel great after completing it..*cough* "Knights of the nine" Boring and all you got was heavy armor..
I wish they could find a happy medium. I thought the wizard tower was really cool. Kind of like owning your own hideout (like talked about in one of the other threads). But I think most people thought it was a rip off. That's one of those things that would have been great to have at the BEGINNING of the game, instead of the end.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I like the idea of a puzzle DLC. Generally though, I pass on DLC... I can't help but feel like I am getting ripped off. Like I am paying a little more, for something that should have been included. I would rather they just take the time to finish the game, and then deliver it all at once, like a GOTY edition that comes with all the DLC... but at launch. You know, the way games used to be. I guess I just resist change.
I understand your feeling. These days there are too many DLC's out there, even appearing on indie games too. However, sometimes a game development is too huge and complicated. Skyrim, for example, is an expansive world that you can explore in. It's hard to design other contents while you are developing the main game. That's probably why when the game comes out, DLC comes out eventually. They want to add more contents to the game they already developed without making a completely new game. I like to see it as 'they are not done with skyrim yet and will put more effort into it' rather than 'they are ripping me off with contents that should've been in the game release'. But there are some bullplops side to DLCs, like exclusive DLCs for pre-purchases or just day 1 DLC.

Travis

Yeah. Day 1 DLC is bologna!! Maybe I could get behind DLC a little more if I think of it as mini expansion packs. Or a big expansion pack, but in small installments :) I'm getting more used to it for sure. I'm sure I will end up with much of the DLC for this game... especially if they do a few big ones, which is what it sounds like.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
You just resist retarded, money-grubbing change, that’s all. What happened to decent addons with about as much content as the main game? DLCs are such a plight from the consumers’ point of view. Sure, it’s great for corporations like Bethesda who literally only give a fuck about money any nothing else but we are getting ripped off indeed.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts