Skyrim creation kit due in on Tuesday

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
As tweeted by Pete Hines and confirmed by Bethesda, the long awaited creation kit is due on for Tuesday the 7th of February 2012 along with a "special surprise". There's only one way to find out what it is!

If you haven't seen the trailer then here it is:

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Apparently somebody hacked into Steam's server and figured out that the surprise is a texture pack for PC users. But it could be all BS.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Artists will apreciate dynamic shadows

LOL

NOT UNLESS YOU'VE FIXED THEM!!!!

Which they probably haven't judging from a quick look at the patch in action. Shadows in Skyrim are huge resource hogs and most people have to have shadow resolution turned down, which gives the blocky pixel "retro-style" :) shadows... and an eyesore.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Texture pack? I doubt it. We already have the 2k textures mod. o_O

They don't care about that. I think what they're doing there is attempting to add value to Skyrim by offering this service which won't be available to those who haven't payed for Skyrim. I don't know the software, I am guessing that mods made with the creation kit will have some sort of DRM that will prevent them from running without Steam running, or running on a cracked TESV.exe... Hopefully I'm wrong.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts