• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
You guys continue to impress! As a fellow necromancer, i have extensive experience in the art of ressurection and it is one of the few forms of magic that I continue to use throughout most of my builds. The Dragonplate heavy armour with the hood does indeed look omnious and evil and I love to combine heavy armour with magic. The two handed sword just tops it off :D

I realise you guys are quite busy but it would be good to have a chat on the forums sometime...

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Ok, I made up my mind; I'm going for it. The Bonelord it is.
Gonna do some hardcore gaming from now until the end of this weekend to see how far I can get. This'll be my first human 'dude' I've played in the game so far...

(Screenshots soon to follow)

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Here's the first pic of my version of the Bonelord build presented by FudgeMuppet:

24wgda9.jpg

This is only the first half of the build. It's taken me two days just to get my Smithing up to 100, kill enough dragons to get all of the bones for the armor and weapons, and do a little bit of miscellaneous adventuring in-between. So far I'm level 22, and I'm taking a break for today.

The second half will be working solely on my Conjuration skill, which will probably take another few days of grinding just to get the necessary perks and spells needed to complete the build.

More pics soon to follow.

And yes, I'm staying true to the build as far as the RP story goes (coincidentally I found a Stray Dog as a follower!).

I've tweaked my build a bit to fit my style of play, and also make it survivable on Master difficulty. Any questions or comments about my stats, perks, gear, or strategies are welcome, so don't hesitate to ask.

'Til next time...;)

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I very rarely have my characters use Heavy armour but i was planning to do it anyway and prob wear deadric as my endgame armour. Instead im now going Dragonbone :cool:

I had a Lv6 Altmer (Kain) who I was going to make a necromancer anyway, so Iv started to turn him into a Bonelord. Im not going to grind too much though coz Iv done it in the past and it drives me mad!

Im also thinking about using the Dawnguard vampire hood instead of the DBcowl. If its possible Orchid... can you check out that combo (dragon armour/vamp hood) and see if it looks good?

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Sorry, Irishman, but my Reply button still isn't working for some annoying reason.

I'm going to go join up with the Dawnguard this evening, so after I kill myself some vampires, I'll see if I can't find one of the vampire hoods you're talking about and try it on alongside my Dragonbone armor.

Just out of curiosity, are you on Xbox or PC? The reason I'm asking, is because the armor my character is wearing is actually from a mod, and it's called Dragonbone Ebonsteel Armor. It uses ebony to reinforce the dragon bones and also makes it look a lot cooler. Stats are basically the same as standard Dragonbone armor, however.

I'd almost say it's a little tougher to make, since it requires ebony ingots and dragonbones, along with both the Ebony and Dragon Smithing perks. If you do have a PC, you can get this mod because it actually comes with a dark chainmail hood as an option. I went with the horned plate helmet because it just looks so damn boss on my character.

As soon as I get a hold of one of those vampire hoods, I'll be sure to post a screenshot for you. I'll try to get this accomplished before I go to bed tonight. :cool:

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Im on ps3 so no mods for me unfortunetly. One day I'll have an awesome gaming computer. But than I prob wont have a real life!

Thanks Orchid, Its no rush as I still havent unlocked dragons on my playthrough yet. Im gaining some levels so I can fight revered and legendary dragons through the main questline.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Lyker asks: What summons should I use?

Keeping in the theme of the Bonelord's penchant for Necromancy, these are the spells I've obtained thus far (you can purchase these in the regular game without needing any expansions):

(I'm playing a Breton, so I've already started with the Conjure Familiar spell)

Raise Zombie/ Reanimate Corpse/ Revenant/ Dread Zombie/ and perhaps later Dead Thrall

(Observations: these spells I have found to be less effective (with the exception to Dead Thrall, which I don't have yet) since you need a corpse for them to work on, and then sometimes the corpses' level may be too high for a specific necromancy spell.)

These are the spells from the Dawnguard DLC, which are on my list to obtain next (found only in the Soul Cairn):

Conjure Boneman/ Summon Arvak (not necessary, unless you want an undead steed)/ Conjure Mistman/ Conjure Wrathman

(Note: these are the cream of the crop necromancy spells imo, considering you don't need any corpses. Also, Wrathman works effectively with Conjuration's Twin Souls perk, giving you two powerful undead summons instead of just one.)

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Here's a couple of images I hastily through together to show you what both the Vampire Hood (left) and the Dark Brotherhood Shrouded Hood (right) look like with the Dragonbone armor (my armor's slightly different in appearance, but close enough to get an idea):

rmprio.jpg

Personally, I think the DB hood looks better, plus it comes with a Sneak enchantment. I believe this is the same hood that FudgeMuppet uses in his YouTube vid. Only good thing about the Vampire Hood is that it can be enchanted with whatever you want, but appearance-wise isn't very menacing looking.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Yeah the vampire hood really doesnt look great hey. Iv never got it to be honest, as i always side with the vampires. Although there is an unenchanted DBhood that you get in the Dawnstar sanctuary...

Again, that sucks coz i wanted to take out the DB for the 1st time on this build :mad:

Decisions, decisions!

EDIT: by the way Orchid, your armour looks wicked! im so jelous of pc players :p

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Yeah the vampire hood really doesnt look great hey. Iv never got it to be honest, as i always side with the vampires. Although there is an unenchanted DBhood that you get in the Dawnstar sanctuary...

Again, that sucks coz i wanted to take out the DB for the 1st time on this build :mad:

Decisions, decisions!

EDIT: by the way Orchid, your armour looks wicked! im so jelous of pc players :p

Thanks for the compliment on the armor; although regular Dragonbone armor doesn't look half bad either. Also, having mods can distract you from actually ever getting anything done in the game, which is what happens to me quite often.

Check this out, Irishman:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shrouded_Cowl_Maskless

Alternatively, a Shrouded Cowl Maskless can be obtained during the quest "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!", as it can be looted from the bodies of the dead assassins.

You can still kill the DB and get this cowl; it is maskless and comes with a Fortify Archery enchantment instead of a Sneak enchantment, which I would personally find more useful for the Bonelord build, since it doesn't use sneaking.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
I see that someone mentioned "dragon weapons." I have normal The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with no DLC's. What DLC should i download to be able to get 'em? I can only make armor. I'm not planing to use 'em, I just want to know for a case where I WILL want to play that type.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Papoy asks: I see that someone mentioned "dragon weapons." I have normal The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with no DLC's. What DLC should i download to be able to get 'em? I can only make armor. I'm not planing to use 'em, I just want to know for a case where I WILL want to play that type.

You don't need any DLC's in order to craft Dragonbone (or Dragonscale) armor. The Smithing perk is included in the base edition of Skyrim, but you'll need to get your smithing skill up to 100 before you can forge it.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
Papoy asks: I see that someone mentioned "dragon weapons." I have normal The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with no DLC's. What DLC should i download to be able to get 'em? I can only make armor. I'm not planing to use 'em, I just want to know for a case where I WILL want to play that type.

You don't need any DLC's in order to craft Dragonbone (or Dragonscale) armor. The Smithing perk is included in the base edition of Skyrim, but you'll need to get your smithing skill up to 100 before you can forge it.

I know that, i already have full dragonscale armor, i just wanted to know witch DLC gives me option to craft dragon weapons. Easyer to ask than trying every DLC on my comp.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts