• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

uneasybuffalo

Im not a huge achievement whore like some, but on an awsome game like skyrim I might try for them all. I have beef with one in particular. Having A bounty of 1000 in all nine holds. I have a problem with this simple becouse I play the good guy, well I dont like to get caught with my theft. other then that it seems like they are mostly going to be easy to grab. No working through the ranks of guilds anymore just joining is anof.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/elder-scrolls-v/achievements/

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Have they confirmed whether the achievements will have in-game effects? Otherwise I couldn’t care less. I think they are stupid and superfluous if the only reward that you get for completing them is some little notification.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Have they confirmed whether the achievements will have in-game effects? Otherwise I couldn’t care less. I think they are stupid and superfluous if the only reward that you get for completing them is some little notification.
they don't do anything other than give the company some information about their players. they can look at % of people who got the achievement. it's a nice statistics I suppose.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Mh, I hadn’t thought of that possibility. I would still prefer them to have some sort of benefit though. You know, like getting a damage bonus when fighting spiders after you killed 500 of them. Something like that.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the game can have its little own achievement system. The achievements you gain to your gamer score/trophies shouldn't count towards anything in terms of in-game content. It will create a huge mess if you have multiple characters because how would you know which character has obtained that achievement?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I totally forgot about gamer score / Steam achievements. I was indeed having in-game achievements in mind (like in “Mass Effect” for example).

Jeruhmi

Mh, I hadn’t thought of that possibility. I would still prefer them to have some sort of benefit though. You know, like getting a damage bonus when fighting spiders after you killed 500 of them. Something like that.
I see where you're coming from in that particular sense, but a lot of players have the ability to boost their gamerscore through use of third party software. So if you understand what I'm saying then anyone could potentially get all the achievements and become overpowered.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Master Criminal
Bounty of 1000 gold in all nine holds

This one is gonna be fun and challenging to get. I'm very curious how justice system works in Skyrim. Obviously not like the one from Oblivion but I would like to see how much they improved it. Since there's public execution in the game, maybe going to jail means death penalty if you committed a crime too heinous? It's funny how you can just walk out just after staying in jail for few days.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I see where you're coming from in that particular sense, but a lot of players have the ability to boost their gamerscore through use of third party software. So if you understand what I'm saying then anyone could potentially get all the achievements and become overpowered.
That’s not really a good argument, I think, if you keep in mind that there is pretty much always a way to get unfair advantages in single-player games through third-party software (e.g. trainers). Cheaters gonna cheat, no matter what.

Jeruhmi

That’s not really a good argument, I think, if you keep in mind that there is pretty much always a way to get unfair advantages in single-player games through third-party software (e.g. trainers). Cheaters gonna cheat, no matter what.
Saying that developers don't use achievements as skill in game because it's easy to cheat is not a good argument?... O... K...
Achievements are the easiest things to cheat on Xbox Live, even a 5 year old could do it. You need a USB.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I am saying that developers shouldn’t remove a feature just because it can be abused with some effort. Especially not in a singleplayer game.

Jeruhmi

I am saying that developers shouldn’t remove a feature just because it can be abused with some effort. Especially not in a singleplayer game.
Well seeing as it's singleplayer I guess the only person you are cheating is yourself. If it was multiplayer then it's just wrong.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts