Spoiler Skyrim 3rd DLC Dragonborn..... DISSPOINTED

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

J'Sabbah

Sorry you took offensive. I meant it only in a jovial friendly way. I meant: it was foolish. Not: you're a fool. You're not, I understand your eagerness. I wanted to rush thru it but then I checked myself.

xGamerGirlx

haha its fine, i was just joking aorund. once i get a dlc i just cant finish the main quest in one day. if i do the quest scatterdly i wouldnt really understand it. thats why i did it. i did the same thing with dawngaurd. and heartfire took me a week to build the house.

Moonwort

It is a drag that you can't steer the dragons, but hucking fireballs from the back of a dragon is my idea of fun. I was not disappointed because I was given plenty of new places to explore. I think I spent about 2 hours messing around raven rock and discovering places nearby before I even started the main quest. If you are not into that I can picture it passing pretty quickly.

I hated the dragon riding at first. That was one of the main reasons I bought it and Bethesda butchered it. Also the Dragonborn story sucked; it was more about Herma Mora than Miirak which was lame. However I got used to the dragon mounts and learned to live with it, hoping Bethesda will update it with a later DLC. The story was terrible though: too short, badly written and completly misleading from the main antagonist.

The way I see it is Dawnguard had a better story (or better way of telling the story rather) but Dragonborn had better content (as far as new areas, weapons, shouts, spells and armor go). I do like how you can sort of have peace with dragons now. I'm a dragon lover and hate to be called a "dragonslayer" so the bend will shout was an amazing edition to the game in my opinion.

xGamerGirlx

totally agree, but i kinda liked the story i didnt really really understand it. i guess its because i have bought any of the previous games of the elder scrolls. but i really enjoyed everything, especially how you can trade a dragon shout for perks.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I'm in the same boat about being disappointed. I experienced a game breaking glitch and realized that it was right before the end of the main questline in the DLC. I spent about 13 hours playing the game in one day, went around the entire island for the special stalhrin armor and doing side quests, and I was already nearly done and would have completed it if I hadn't encountered the glitch. That is beyond short.

I'd comment on the dragon riding, but that's the part that's entirely broken for me.

Rhubarb&Custard

What if you were running thru Dragonborn, had no rumor's leaked about Werebears, and suddenly as you fight some guy he turns into a Werebear infront of your eyes. You would be saying 'OMG OMG OMG This is SO COOL!!!".

I played Dragonborn spoiler free, not even knowing what creatures there were or what the main settlement was called, so when I swam ashore on my way back to somewhere, and see three guys in ragged trousers go all "RAAARRRR" at me, I was all "HOOLLLY WHAT?! WEREBEARS?! Omg they drop honey. LOLOLOLOLOLOL" I don't know why I found that so funny. They carry honey and honeycombs, I felt like I was electrifying Winnie the Pooh. :D

Faust

im going to be honest here... and not squealing over all of the lovely, ashy landscape... this dlc sucks
stalhrim isnt worth getting... heavy looks like it was spewed out in a few minutes and looks almost exactly like steel
that being said the light set looks good but its light that looks heavy... imo that doesnt fit with light peeps (also sorry for any spoilers you may experience... this was typed for people who have done most or all of the dlc)
i hate doing side quests because i know bethesda and i know theyre going to do 5 things to wow you and then kick you in the privates and run away giggling with your wallet... my list of 5 wow moments are: the books, the spiders, the stones, apocrypha and the 3 sets of minor armour (yeah technically more...) the rest, to me, was poorly done... and i didnt even get hyped about dragon riding but that was still a let down after the quest ride... and spears? you guys watch the game jam vid? apparently not if you think spears are impossible to implement.... on top of that mods already have done it... just without good animations... all said im really dissapointed with almost everything skyrim has to offer... only reason i got 900 hours (yeah yeah.... kind sad...) is because of mods and because i didnt have any cool games up until recently

Rhubarb&Custard

im going to be honest here... and not squealing over all of the lovely, ashy landscape... this dlc sucks
stalhrim isnt worth getting... heavy looks like it was spewed out in a few minutes and looks almost exactly like steel
that being said the light set looks good but its light that looks heavy... imo that doesnt fit with light peeps (also sorry for any spoilers you may experience... this was typed for people who have done most or all of the dlc)
i hate doing side quests because i know bethesda and i know theyre going to do 5 things to wow you and then kick you in the privates and run away giggling with your wallet... my list of 5 wow moments are: the books, the spiders, the stones, apocrypha and the 3 sets of minor armour (yeah technically more...) the rest, to me, was poorly done... and i didnt even get hyped about dragon riding but that was still a let down after the quest ride... and spears? you guys watch the game jam vid? apparently not if you think spears are impossible to implement.... on top of that mods already have done it... just without good animations... all said im really dissapointed with almost everything skyrim has to offer... only reason i got 900 hours (yeah yeah.... kind sad...) is because of mods and because i didnt have any cool games up until recently

I dunno, I kinda like the look of the Stalrhim armour, it doesn't even LOOK like steel! The side quests are interesting, the spears, yeah they kinda suck, but who's going to use them with a bow now, really? The spiders are really interesting, Apocrypha was amazing/creepy/annoying(because of the seekers!), I haven't tried all the stones yet (must get on that), the Chitin light armour is bloody amazing, I don't even care about the stats on it, it just looks like something out of Star Wars, it looks like it could protect you from the ash storms and stuff.

I agree with the mods bit though, there are some fantastic Mod Quests that can pass easily for DLC, the Dark Brotherhood Rises, Moonpath to Elsweyr, Wyrmstooth (which I've just downloaded and SO excited to try out). Not to mention all the awesome stuff you can get with mods too.

So I agree with some of the stuff you've said, and I disagree, but hey ho, it's your opinion and that's aaalll that matters. ;)

Faust

I dunno, I kinda like the look of the Stalrhim armour, it doesn't even LOOK like steel! The side quests are interesting, the spears, yeah they kinda suck, but who's going to use them with a bow now, really? The spiders are really interesting, Apocrypha was amazing/creepy/annoying(because of the seekers!), I haven't tried all the stones yet (must get on that), the Chitin light armour is bloody amazing, I don't even care about the stats on it, it just looks like something out of Star Wars, it looks like it could protect you from the ash storms and stuff.

I agree with the mods bit though, there are some fantastic Mod Quests that can pass easily for DLC, the Dark Brotherhood Rises, Moonpath to Elsweyr, Wyrmstooth (which I've just downloaded and SO excited to try out). Not to mention all the awesome stuff you can get with mods too.

So I agree with some of the stuff you've said, and I disagree, but hey ho, it's your opinion and that's aaalll that matters. ;)
i was on here and got the notification so imma just reply because... you know... no life here :p
seekers arent hard at all... the 2h with the super awesome power makes short work of them... and just keep track of the one who was/is the original when they summon reinforcements. i lied when i said 5... i really meant 6-8 (champion cudgel and 2h sword and mebbe a one handed somewhere) and i like the little opinion thing at the end xD at least there are some people on the net who dont oppinion bash.... and i guess i wasnt exactly correct with the stalhrim stuff... although... it does seem based off of it and glass... with some extra thingies added. i dont know where you get star wars from :p and yes i do believe chitin was made for that lol
again appologies for a reply in like 38 min
ALSO! new nordic armour is beast... all i gotta say about that one

Rhubarb&Custard

i was on here and got the notification so imma just reply because... you know... no life here :p
seekers arent hard at all... the 2h with the super awesome power makes short work of them... and just keep track of the one who was/is the original when they summon reinforcements. i lied when i said 5... i really meant 6-8 (champion cudgel and 2h sword and mebbe a one handed somewhere) and i like the little opinion thing at the end xD at least there are some people on the net who dont oppinion bash.... and i guess i wasnt exactly correct with the stalhrim stuff... although... it does seem based off of it and glass... with some extra thingies added. i dont know where you get star wars from :p and yes i do believe chitin was made for that lol
again appologies for a reply in like 38 min
ALSO! new nordic armour is beast... all i gotta say about that one
Ah, but for an aspiring mage (only level 40 ish) they're incredibly annoying. :p I was saying the Chitin Armour looks like it was from star wars, not the Stahlrim, though I do agree it looks a lot like Glass armour, just with a bit more blue rather than green. I've seen a lot of opinion bashers throughout forums, and I'm not one of them, everyone has their own opinion, and forums are here to express and share opinions, that's what they were in the time of the Romans, and that's what they're here for in the time of the Internet. :D

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
One of my biggest complaints from this DLC are those fricken twilight version of the werebears located at Snowclad Ruins. It's blizzarding cold out, and all they wear are ragged trousers. Yeah thank you for ripping off one of the worst movies in this century, Bethesda. Next time put clothes on these NPCs so we don't see them shirtless like those retarded preteen werewolves in twilight.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts