Spoiler Skyrim 3rd DLC Dragonborn..... DISSPOINTED

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xGamerGirlx

Kind of disappointed to hear that the dragon riding portion wasn't so good, but I guess I'm a lot less disappointed than some since I figured it'd be too difficult for Bethesda to make it so we could ride the dragon around all the time. Too many problems with that, like landing somewhere you can't normally, etc.

Are the other parts of the DLC worth it, though? Are the quests interesting?
the wuest is very interesting, new island new armor, new people, and new voices. its worth 20 bucks. :3

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
i was just dissapointed with the dragon riding. i love the dlc. its worth 20 bucks. its just those moments where you are excited for something then you dont actually get it.

If you want a game that has decent dragon riding, I suggest getting Lair, Draken: The Ancient Gates, or Drakenguard. These games are focused around the rider and their dragon. Whereas, Skyrim is focused around you being the Dragonborn and the slayer of dragons.

Bethesda didn't have to put dragon riding in the game at all. You play as a Dragonslayer, not a Dragon tamer. So I honestly don't understand the complaint.

xGamerGirlx

I for one am loving it. The dragon riding was a disappointment, for sure. Not being able to actually control it is pretty lame. I was hoping to fly into Riften and BBQ Maven Black-Briar cause she seems to think she runs the joint instead of me. The main questline was a sadly too short, but for what it lacks in that it makes up for in side quests, there are loads. I'm also finding it a tad on the difficult side (although I'm playing with a level 42) which is a refreshing change from the one-hit kills I've been experiencing up until this point, so I'm enjoying the challenge. All-in-all I'm enjoying it far more than I did the Dawnguard DLC, it's a welcome distraction from homework. ;)
yea, i finsihed it within 2 hours, thats what happened when you love skyrim :/

xGamerGirlx

Hmm...I wandered here after a long absence to get the low down on this Dragonborn DLC, but you guys are giving me conflicting emotions. On one hand, it sounds like there are a ton of awesome new weapons and armors. Not to mention, a whole slew of side missions (which unlike the original poster, I'll actually stop and do). However, the dragon flying sounds to be a let down and this nonsense that I'd shoot spears from my bow unsettles me.

The spear thing really has me concerned, to be honest. That sounds awful. And there's no way to become a werebear?

there is new weapons and armor, but the dragon riding was a let down. but for the spears, you throw them , and werebaers, i only heard about it in the forums, never saw one in the actual game.

xGamerGirlx

If you want a game that has decent dragon riding, I suggest getting Lair, Draken: The Ancient Gates, or Drakenguard. These games are focused around the rider and their dragon. Whereas, Skyrim is focused around you being the Dragonborn and the slayer of dragons.

Bethesda didn't have to put dragon riding in the game at all. You play as a Dragonslayer, not a Dragon tamer. So I honestly don't understand the complaint.
i bought lair and finished it :D i love that game, i love any dragon game, idk why i just think draon riding is soo interesting.

xGamerGirlx

Also, I find it funny that most of the stuff People are Upset that aren't in Dragonborn are because of Rumors and nothing else. Pure Rumor in it's purest form.

Did Bethesda tell you guys you were going to be using spears and Become Werebears? NO, Infact it was some kid that started those rumors somewhere saying "Idk if they will or won't be there, just say'n". Then, websites like The Bit bag.com (Or should I say "The $hit bag.com) rush to publish stories saying "Some Kid said there's gonna be Spears!!!!"

None of it was true and Now people are dissapointed. Seriously?

What if you were running thru Dragonborn, had no rumor's leaked about Werebears, and suddenly as you fight some guy he turns into a Werebear infront of your eyes. You would be saying 'OMG OMG OMG This is SO COOL!!!".

...Instead your typing on a Website talking about how much it sucks that you can't turn into one.

BTW, if you want to see real disapointment in a Skyrim DLC, you should ask a PS3 player lol? ..:D

actually there are spears, idk about werebears though, havent seen one so far. and i know ps3 and pc are dissapointed. but they said its coming out in a month, atleast you all will have a chance to get it.

zane

i understand. but ehh. they could of done somthing, i mean your not going to just tame a dragon just to fast travel. its a waste of time. i seriously thought you were able to control it. maybe they will have an update.

its not gonna happen, go look at the video of the dragon riding mod for pc players. you'll understand why it's likely not to happen.

zbp

its not gonna happen, go look at the video of the dragon riding mod for pc players. you'll understand why it's likely not to happen.
controling dragons is kinda useful you can use it to attack them an stuff

Beelzemonic

I do admit that the main quest was to short, and I was hoping you could control the dragon you ride, but I dont really care about all that. I would have liked a longer main quest, but the rewards are great and the main quest was fun for me, the best part is that there seems to be many side quests and stuff to do in Solsthiem, and besides, who doesnt want a Morrowind type world?. Its a very nice change from the snow covered Skyrim landscape we seen for over a year. To me, the dlc is worth it, and I am very pleased with Dragonborn, very fun, nice quests, great rewards, and a very nice landscape. This new land is even making me think of getting into alchemy and conjuration, due to all these nice ash items and spells.

Eidelon

ESCERNIES ESCORAE IDELION ESCAVERMES ESCERIOS
Hmm...I wandered here after a long absence to get the low down on this Dragonborn DLC, but you guys are giving me conflicting emotions. On one hand, it sounds like there are a ton of awesome new weapons and armors. Not to mention, a whole slew of side missions (which unlike the original poster, I'll actually stop and do). However, the dragon flying sounds to be a let down and this nonsense that I'd shoot spears from my bow unsettles me.

The spear thing really has me concerned, to be honest. That sounds awful. And there's no way to become a werebear?
the spear thing makes sense, there really arent any spears in the dragonborn dlc the Reiklings just use arrows as spears, actual spears were probably too hard to add. there is a small chance you can turn into a werebear but it isnt looking good

DunndelionRHCP

Spears and werebears were a personal hype for me I'll admit. Though I still can't help feeling the whole DLC is just half hearted. They could of done so much more with the ideas they had. The dragon riding is a little naff but I spose I'd prefer that then it crashing as the map can't load due to travel speed.

I'd rather of them left it out then put these new concepts in missing that luster.

The story is pretty good and I like the (Don't worry no spoilers) progression of how you can perceive antagonist. Though the content as a whole just seems like a novelty instead of a new experience. Though I may have brought this on my self from choking myself while fapping about certain ideas I read about and really wanted in.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Thank you everyone for clarifying the spears. I was thinking spears comparable to like, Gungnir. Giant spears you would find in a shield wall. If any of you understand what I'm talking about.

Also, I have to say, you've all made a lot of sense regarding the dragon flight. Though it would have been cool if, even if you couldn't control the flight, you could see the whole trip in third person and you could look around while you were on your way. Regardless, for RP purposes, considering I don't (I cave on some of the tedious missions) use fast travel, having the ability to have my dragon fly me to place to place sounds useful.

I appreciate the discussion, guys. Thanks.

llhypnotikll

Xbox Gamertag: llHyPNoTiKll
I literally bought the dlc everything BUT the dragonriding lawl. i knew i was not going to be able to control a dragon so i didnt get my hopes up. I have played threw half the main quest and the dlc has not disappointed me. they made a pretty epic story behind the Dragonborn's

im impressed

CaptMorgan72

I for one really loved it. I'm sure that Bethesda had their reasons not to make the dragons steerable. I just see it as a cool little thing you can do. Just last night a huge group of vampires and bandits was attacking me the same time a dragon decided to. I took control of the dragon's will and mounted it. It started to fly in circles and I ordered it to attack the vamps and bandits. It was pretty awesome riding the dragon has it swooped down and napalmed the vamps and bandits. It finally landed and used its tail and teeth to finish them off with me on its back commanding it. That was pretty cool.

Jurjeskovici

Since I only play on PC, i'll have to wait a bit longer, but from what I see, Dragonborns is going to be worth it - tho they should've make a permanent dragon mount. Or after you finish the main quest ( Dragonslayer ) , you should be able to ride Odahviing, and not only fast travel.

J'Sabbah

This DLC is absolutely amazing! You were a fool to rush thru it. Sorry. The main quests are always the last things I do. I've been playing dragonborn for about 30 hours so far and haven't finished the main questline. All the side quests and added content are exceptional! There is a whole village made out of freaking mushrooms! Mushrooms!!!

xGamerGirlx

well sorry im not you, and i am not a fool to rush through things. i just like to get through the main quest then the side quest. and i think i know theres a " village" of mushrooms, it only holds 3 or 4 people, yea not really a village. but i really wish you could buy a mushroom house, that would be really cool. but the only thing that turned me down was the dragon riding, you could atleast see the dragon fly to the place instead of seeing the same loading screen. -_- so FYI DO NOT call me a fool.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts