Spoiler Skyrim 3rd DLC Dragonborn..... DISSPOINTED

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
dont go to forums if you dont wanna get spoiled. simple.
Ummm actually that's invalid, if there's any spoilers you have to have the Spoiler tag added to your post, which you haven't done.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
People are actually disappointed with this DLC? Come on peeps, this is Skyrim's Shivering Isles. Another island to explore, get new armors and weapons. It's worth the 20 bucks just for all the new weapons and armors alone.

This DLC blows Dawnguard out of the water.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
If y'all bought and beat dragonborn y'all know what I'm talking about. i beat the main quests under 2 hours. and at the end when you kill miraak, you couldnt keep his dragon. thats not the worst part. YOU CANT CONTROL THE DAMN DRAGON. when i saw the trailer i thought you could actually have a mount dragon that you could control just like the horses. the only thing you do on a dragon is sit. you can only fast travel to somewhere and see you fly for 3 seconds then loading screen. you would atleast think you could see yourself flying there. -_-. i just think it was a little bit of a rip off. i was actually really excited to ride dragons. FML

What did you guys think about it?

I for one am loving it. The dragon riding was a disappointment, for sure. Not being able to actually control it is pretty lame. I was hoping to fly into Riften and BBQ Maven Black-Briar cause she seems to think she runs the joint instead of me. The main questline was a sadly too short, but for what it lacks in that it makes up for in side quests, there are loads. I'm also finding it a tad on the difficult side (although I'm playing with a level 42) which is a refreshing change from the one-hit kills I've been experiencing up until this point, so I'm enjoying the challenge. All-in-all I'm enjoying it far more than I did the Dawnguard DLC, it's a welcome distraction from homework. ;)

Haru17

Lost Falmer
dont go to forums if you dont wanna get spoiled. simple.

The spoiler tag feature is located so easily accessible next to the title for a reason. People want to enjoy both the forums and the game without having either ruined for them. Your lack of both caution and respect for someone you have spoiled content are not kosher on these forums. Treat your fellow forum-goers with respect.

DunndelionRHCP

I felt really disappointed in the content of Dragonborn, I'm just doing side quest and exploring at the moment. The first two things I wanted to check were spears and werebears. I was expecting spears as a new melee weapon at best or a Fallout style thrown weapon at least. Only for the massive downer that for some physics defiling reason you shoot a spear (Which has the girth of a Falmer penis and no load notch) from your bow? WAT?

But I thought hay wuteva I'm an axe man at heart anyway. SO I go exploring for werebears, for my heart to race when I find 3 at a tomb and another 2 in a random encounter. Yet no known way to become one.

It seems Bethesda have been really mean by adding this stuff and leaving it truly unusable for the player.But I should of known better, these are the guys who gave us horse armour.

I SEE HE TRUTH

zbp

i to was disappointing but i all the other things were awesome yes no dragon to ride an yes no wearbear an no spears an also im disappointed by the final boss's armor its made for mostly a lvl 12 it sucks yeah good for mage but i see no good for the mask an the sword wish they did a little better there but all in all i give it a 7/10

grimAuxiliatrix

Kind of disappointed to hear that the dragon riding portion wasn't so good, but I guess I'm a lot less disappointed than some since I figured it'd be too difficult for Bethesda to make it so we could ride the dragon around all the time. Too many problems with that, like landing somewhere you can't normally, etc.

Are the other parts of the DLC worth it, though? Are the quests interesting?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Jerky camera angles aside, the scenery from on top of the dragons is really quite pretty....

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Hmm...I wandered here after a long absence to get the low down on this Dragonborn DLC, but you guys are giving me conflicting emotions. On one hand, it sounds like there are a ton of awesome new weapons and armors. Not to mention, a whole slew of side missions (which unlike the original poster, I'll actually stop and do). However, the dragon flying sounds to be a let down and this nonsense that I'd shoot spears from my bow unsettles me.

The spear thing really has me concerned, to be honest. That sounds awful. And there's no way to become a werebear?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Love it. Get it. Dragon riding isn't integral to the plot. That's all you need to know. :)

zbp

Kind of disappointed to hear that the dragon riding portion wasn't so good, but I guess I'm a lot less disappointed than some since I figured it'd be too difficult for Bethesda to make it so we could ride the dragon around all the time. Too many problems with that, like landing somewhere you can't normally, etc.

Are the other parts of the DLC worth it, though? Are the quests interesting?

oh heck yeah they are but bethesda could make it do able with the dragon riding in the next patch thats what we all want i would figure its worth buying just dont be set on the main quest being better then the side queasts

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I'm suprized that the player can't actually control the flight of Dragons they fly, but then again... I find it a suprize that they made dragons flyable at all. There are so many places that are unaccessible without flight for good reasons. Some are just Game play. They don't want you flying to the top of the mountain to get the last treasure where the dungeon lets you out at without making you do the dungeon first. Some things are unaccessible because they are just models, and the actually area's are zones you have to access through a door (aka Solitude, Windhelm, Whiterun, Riften, Markalth, etc.) For instance... Day Spring Caverns/Fort Dawnguard?, You Can't Fly to it even if you could control your dragon because it simply isn't there.

So in truth, even though it's suprizing yet it makes total since why you can't control a dragon all over the map like you are playing World of Warcraft or something like that. They would have to reprogram the WHOLE Game world just for the one feature. Making a Dragon "Flyable" but not "Controlable" is a pretty smart Idea by the developers imo. It's giving some players "kind of" what they want without just saying flat out "NO" to Riding a Dragon when alot of the Player Base simply can't understand why It can't be done fully.

zane

Hmm...I wandered here after a long absence to get the low down on this Dragonborn DLC, but you guys are giving me conflicting emotions. On one hand, it sounds like there are a ton of awesome new weapons and armors. Not to mention, a whole slew of side missions (which unlike the original poster, I'll actually stop and do). However, the dragon flying sounds to be a let down and this nonsense that I'd shoot spears from my bow unsettles me.

The spear thing really has me concerned, to be honest. That sounds awful. And there's no way to become a werebear?

They aren't normal sized spears... they're mini spears used by small goblin creatures.

so far, majority of negative reactions to the DLC have been on personal hypes. For instance lets say a DLC has over 30 major features, but many people only care about 2. So when these 2 features are a let down, they completely disregard the other 28.

Now there are some people who are in fact generally displeased - but I would suggest reading some thorough explanations. I'll be doing a video later today and it may be uploaded tonight or tomorrow depending on how much editing it'll need as well as other stuff i have to do (college paperwork and etc).

I assure you, if're you're interested more in just the fact to get new weapons, new armors, new items, CRAFTABLE AND PERSONAL ENCHANTABLE STAVES, new oblivion plane, new spells, new summons, new monsters,
Becoming a god to small goblins lol
, Riding dragons just for the hell of it if you dont feel like fighting them, new robes, new dragon priests, new shouts, awesome dragon spirit armor, new followers, interesting side quests, notable funny and wise-cracking npcs, powerful freaking netch xD, and more - then you should be fine.

yes you may be disappointed by a few things - no game (or extra content is this case) is perfect. Will it ruin your entire experience? - well that's up to you. My opinion is you definitely get your money's worth if not more.

- I made a post somewhere else about why the dragon riding is the way it is as well. I think it's in the post about "why the dragon riding disappoint guys" thread or something. In case you're wondering why Bethesda most likely chose that route.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Also, I find it funny that most of the stuff People are Upset that aren't in Dragonborn are because of Rumors and nothing else. Pure Rumor in it's purest form.

Did Bethesda tell you guys you were going to be using spears and Become Werebears? NO, Infact it was some kid that started those rumors somewhere saying "Idk if they will or won't be there, just say'n". Then, websites like The Bit bag.com (Or should I say "The $hit bag.com) rush to publish stories saying "Some Kid said there's gonna be Spears!!!!"

None of it was true and Now people are dissapointed. Seriously?

What if you were running thru Dragonborn, had no rumor's leaked about Werebears, and suddenly as you fight some guy he turns into a Werebear infront of your eyes. You would be saying 'OMG OMG OMG This is SO COOL!!!".

...Instead your typing on a Website talking about how much it sucks that you can't turn into one.

BTW, if you want to see real disapointment in a Skyrim DLC, you should ask a PS3 player lol? ..:D

zbp

Also, I find it funny that most of the stuff People are Upset that aren't in Dragonborn are because of Rumors and nothing else. Pure Rumor in it's purest form.

Did Bethesda tell you guys you were going to be using spears and Become Werebears? NO, Infact it was some kid that started those rumors somewhere saying "Idk if they will or won't be there, just say'n". Then, websites like The Bit bag.com (Or should I say "The $hit bag.com) rush to publish stories saying "Some Kid said there's gonna be Spears!!!!"

None of it was true and Now people are dissapointed. Seriously?

What if you were running thru Dragonborn, had no rumor's leaked about Werebears, and suddenly as you fight some guy he turns into a Werebear infront of your eyes. You would be saying 'OMG OMG OMG This is SO COOL!!!".

...Instead your typing on a Website talking about how much it sucks that you can't turn into one.

BTW, if you want to see real disapointment in a Skyrim DLC, you should ask a PS3 player lol? ..:D

an pc too

xGamerGirlx

Ummm actually that's invalid, if there's any spoilers you have to have the Spoiler tag added to your post, which you haven't done.

well my bad. you saw the title. so its kinda your fault. and sorry for not puting spoiler . :/

xGamerGirlx

People are actually disappointed with this DLC? Come on peeps, this is Skyrim's Shivering Isles. Another island to explore, get new armors and weapons. It's worth the 20 bucks just for all the new weapons and armors alone.

This DLC blows Dawnguard out of the water.
i was just dissapointed with the dragon riding. i love the dlc. its worth 20 bucks. its just those moments where you are excited for something then you dont actually get it.

xGamerGirlx

I'm suprized that the player can't actually control the flight of Dragons they fly, but then again... I find it a suprize that they made dragons flyable at all. There are so many places that are unaccessible without flight for good reasons. Some are just Game play. They don't want you flying to the top of the mountain to get the last treasure where the dungeon lets you out at without making you do the dungeon first. Some things are unaccessible because they are just models, and the actually area's are zones you have to access through a door (aka Solitude, Windhelm, Whiterun, Riften, Markalth, etc.) For instance... Day Spring Caverns/Fort Dawnguard?, You Can't Fly to it even if you could control your dragon because it simply isn't there.

So in truth, even though it's suprizing yet it makes total since why you can't control a dragon all over the map like you are playing World of Warcraft or something like that. They would have to reprogram the WHOLE Game world just for the one feature. Making a Dragon "Flyable" but not "Controlable" is a pretty smart Idea by the developers imo. It's giving some players "kind of" what they want without just saying flat out "NO" to Riding a Dragon when alot of the Player Base simply can't understand why It can't be done fully.
i understand. but ehh. they could of done somthing, i mean your not going to just tame a dragon just to fast travel. its a waste of time. i seriously thought you were able to control it. maybe they will have an update.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts