PC Skyrim 1.5 Texture Bug/AMD Catalyst Problem?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lothisan

It seems that turning off anti-aliasing works! Hopefully bethesda will release another patch soon to fix this issue though.

IAnon

The latest AMD Catalyst version is 12.2. 12.3 hasnt come out yet so if you say you do have it you are wrong.
As stated here under the "Known Issues" section, it says that
Elder Scrolls - Image corruption can be be seen with Anti-Aliasing enabled on speciic AMD graphics hardware. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3
and that it will be fixed in 12.3 so all we have to do is wait or turn Anti-Aliasing completely off.

*|PEZ|* kajar9

Ermm... I am not sure what you are talking about. I have 12.3. Want proof?
cat12.3.png

And I still have that problem.

Also, I did a total overhaul for my computer today (Mobo, Ram, Processor, HDD) but kept my video card. I had XP before and the same card with XP compattible catalyst ran relatively fine with AA on. (It laggspiked periodically)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Bummer. I'm guessing there's going to be a 1.5.5 patch or something pretty quick over all this. What are the release notes for your 12.3 Catalyst? Does it say anything about Skyrim?

*|PEZ|* kajar9

I used this link to get the catalyst. It automaticly downloaded 12.3 version to me.

AMD Driver Autodetect

I believe they just haven't gotten to update the page yet.

And it still gives me AA pixels

Questorian

same problem here tried Skyrim again after a long break and found the particles be it smoke or water spray have these artifact fragments in it. Other forum post said to roll back to 12.1 ATI Driver but seriously is there no other way arround it??

dunner17

Google search 12.2 release notes it screws up AA (or you could turn AA off in skyrim launcher to fix temporarily) in skyrim wait until the real 12.3 (CCC info is wrong)
Or device manager, display adapters , properties on amd card driver driver tab then roll back ( if you had 12.1)
12.1 is confirmed to work fine. 12.3 comes sometime during the week that i am commenting in
Hope it helps

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
When someone gets the official 12.3 can you please post it here and let us know if everything was fixed?

PromiserOfDeath

The Picture is a Doom 2 Achievement Profile Pic!
Hi Guys im New.
Just to Answer some Questions I'm getting the same thing as the Second Picture, Squares. and it looks like its the 1.5 Patch cause my AMD Drivers are all fine!
I posted a Video on Youtube.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
What version of Catalyst are you running? And did you try turning off anti-aliasing?

PromiserOfDeath

The Picture is a Doom 2 Achievement Profile Pic!
Latest 12.3 i Believe is the Latest and i have AA Turned Off as of right now and it works fine the Square are gone.
Any news on the next Patch?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts