• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

RACE
Nord: My favorite one. They lack Archery, but you can go to Faendal and level it up all the way to 50. They also look like Vikings.
Redguard: These are good also, they are only missing Light Armor which is crucial to survival, but it's you pick.
*NOTE: Pick any race you want, these are just my favorite for this class*
SKILLS
Block: Kind of obvious, you need this to block power attacks and arrows. Also that Magic Resistance is a VERY useful perk.
One Handed: You will be using this to deal damage, I personally like sword because they swing faster.
Archery: I like to start of a fight with one or two arrows, than just slash them with my weapon. This is also useful against magic users until you get Magic Resistance since you can just keep shooting.
Smithing: You will need the Light Armor stuff. You might go the Heavy side, but the only thing you benefit is the weapons, while for the Light you get weapons, armor, and shields
Light Armor: You need this, since you are using this type of armor for swift movement than you need to max this out.
Restoration: Put a spell in your right hand, and put up your shield, and heal away! This isn't really important, but if you play on harder difficulties than this is a must!
This is your basic build, the rest of the points, put them wherever you want!

Now, for every 1 point in Health, I put 2 points in Stamina. You may think that Health is more important, but you may not know that when you block an attack it drains your stamina. Also, you're going to want to Shield/Power Bash .
Stone: Warrior. After I get about 80 in all the needed Warrior skills I like to go Thief for the Light Armor, but again personal preference
Thanks for reading. I hope I helped some people, if you have any questions than please comment!​

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I like that character layout. If I may make a suggestion, you probably don't need 5/5 in Agile Defender or in Shield Wall, especially if you are smithing all the way up to Dragon armor. How do you feel about enchanting a weapon with an Absorb 1 Stamina effect? I think that solves a lot of the problem with stamina draining from blocking and shield bashing for me. Maybe prioritize Stamina until about 200-300, and then invest fully in Health. This looks like a solid, fun build. Sneak doesn't fit in with the character style at all, but maybe you could add about 3 Sneak perks in so if you needed to backstab someone with your sword you'd at least have the option, or for the 3x Archery sneak in a pinch?

Skarv

Yeah, I would go into Sneak, but I've played on my Assassin for a LONG time so I want to give Sneak a rest. I didn't go into Enchanting because I don't really understand the perks and that stuff, so I leave it to the smart guys on here.

Skarv

Having a bit problem, still deciding whether to go Heavy or Light, is there any difference excluding the armor difference?

perkecet

light uses less stamina, and allows it to regen faster. i, personally, see no point to heavy armor except for role play purposes. it makes you very slow until you get a certain perk, unless you have the steed stone. unless you're playing on master i wouldn't bother with that clunky crap. playing a warrior in light armor is much more exciting as well. in heavy armor it's just "walk into group of enemies and swing until they all die". with light armor you can have a bit more fun with it since you don't have to be so conservative with your stamina. it's up to you, but there are very few circumstances where i'd choose heavy on a character of mine.

Skarv

Very true, I am playing on master right now so I still haven't decided. The reason I asked the question is because......Nords don't look to good in Elven and Glass Armor. Oh yeah, has anyone tried out this class?

perkecet

this is a pretty standard class i've done it at least three times. just a traditional warrior in light armor.

Skarv

Did you like it? I have one but due to my schedule in real life I barely have time to relax and play Skyrim, or at least read a book! Was the defensive side good and offensive side good?

perkecet

yeah it's fun that's what i'm playing pretty much. my guy's just a bit of a magic user. i ground conjuration so i could get DT and have my little posse. use resto to heal me and my boy j'zargo, and in the middle of getting alt to 75 so i can use paralyze. other than those 4 spells i use it's the exact same, and this character has lasted longer than 90% of the ones i've had. level 45 right now and i JUST got myself dragonscale armor! coolest looking armor in the game IMO. oh, another difference is that for some reason early on i decided that ranged attacks were for losers, so now i'm stuck having to watch my j'zargo or guards fight my dragons for me when they attack. it ends up just being me and my awesome dremora follower chillin around until they land.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts