• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Whenever I see these on the Nexus or on Mod review videos I just facepalm, seriously I think it's kind of depraved how guys feel the need to give their character huge boobs and then dress them up in skimpy clothing. Half of the armor mods on the Nexus are like this, it's really annoying how common they are. What do you guys think?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
You'd rather? :

300px-Brienne_of_Tarth_HBO.jpg

Love Brienne.... but if I'm going to look at my character, rather it be a bit more appealing. I only play Skyrim on 360, (hope to change that this weekend), but I probably wouldn't go for the overtly over-sexed armor mods.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
While I admit to having a soft spot for the pulp Conan the Barbarian styled armors (or lack thereof), I think the amount of skimpy mods is pretty ridiculous. I realize that female armor in Skyrim isn't always realistic (steel plate, for instance), but most of the skimpy mods go way overboard.
Heck, I find the popular body mods themselves to be over-exaggerated for my tastes.

KritikalPT

40% of mods are skimpy armor replacements for female
25% are sex mods (really modders? really?)
25% are useless or cheat mods
The last 10% are actually useful and good mods. Unfortunately, they're buried in all those other ones.

MushroomGenius

A.Auditore

maybe...
hmmm how to answer this one... atleast they are putting clothing on them... they could just go all out nude... as for the outfits i dont care for them that much.. i think its sad they are going the lenghts to make a "fantasty" girl, to me almosts sounds like they have no life ( i have no life either (somewhat) but still im not going to make a male character with a huge package and have him run around almost nude) , cant get a girlfriend so they have to make one up with the mods... think its cheaper to do these "alterations" then just going out and getting a xxx mag or dvd

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
hmmm how to answer this one... atleast they are putting clothing on them... they could just go all out nude...
Pretty sure that "invisible armor" has been done. Combine that with a body mod and... yeah.

I've tried CBBE before, but even on the vanilla setting, it felt overdone. Really, the vanilla bodies in Skyrim are just fine. Just throw on XCE for better textures and boom, you're set.

A.Auditore

maybe...
I'm assuming you play as a girl? What's the appeal in that?
yeah and also me i prefer pants instead of skirts thats just me, cause to say if this was real life who the hell is fighting a dragon in a skirt with nips and other stuff flopping about? (not me)

El Fonz0

Exactly my thoughts. Someone could be converting an awesome Morrowind or Oblivion piece of armor or clothing or weapon or trying to add new gameplay options or improve existing ones, and instead, they waste their time making unrealistic, ugly, and non-lore friendly armor, weapons, and clothing.

So much wasted potential, just so they can fap without leaving their session.

KritikalPT

I honestly don't understand why they even make mods such as those. I *guess* I understand the need of seeing some more cleavage or a bit more skin, but there's a thick line between what looks good on a female, everything considering, and then you have mods that make them look like Playboy girls.
Hell, I don't know if I should get more annoyed at the fact that they make sex mods or super skimpy mods, or the mods that adds high heels (seriously, high heels, on SKYRIM?!) or other stupid outfits.

A.Auditore

maybe...
aela's outfit is the ONLY passable "skimpy" outfit (if you will) on skyrim.... and i had to fasce palm myself the other day cause i found out that i could make it gooo me! :D

MushroomGenius

aela's outfit is the ONLY passable "skimpy" outfit (if you will) on skyrim.... and i had to fasce palm myself the other day cause i found out that i could make it gooo me! :D

The "Tavern Clothes" would probably be next, along with the topless Fur Armor (basically a strapless fur bra).

V------ ah yup, forgot the Forsworn armor.

KritikalPT

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the Forsworn armor is skimpy enough? That's a vanilla armor, and it shows more flesh than a night in the Red Light District.
"NO!" scream the modders, "We want more T&A! We need it! Our social life is that bad that we need to train One-Handed by doing this!"
Bah... I could go on forever.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
40% of mods are skimpy armor replacements for female
25% are sex mods (really modders? really?)
25% are useless or cheat mods
The last 10% are actually useful and good mods. Unfortunately, they're buried in all those other ones.
I didn't realize people had made sex mods for Skyrim, I thought that was just Oblivion so far.

A.Auditore

maybe...
Also, am I the only one who thinks that the Forsworn armor is skimpy enough? That's a vanilla armor, and it shows more flesh than a night in the Red Light District.
"NO!" scream the modders, "We want more T&A! We need it! Our social life is that bad that we need to train One-Handed by doing this!"
Bah... I could go on forever.
you make me laugh :D... besides not to much into the mods as i play skyrim on ps3

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Haha, no. I could bet you that one of the first mods that was made for the PC, besides some slight graphical improvements, was a nude mod.
Oh, I knew about nude mods.
I meant mods featuring the actual act of sex. I just checked. They exist *facepalm*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts