18+ Silk Spinner (MGS RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    It is detailed in a book called 'The report from Iron Mountain' that if the U.S entered a long lasting peace that governments would fail and countries would fall apart. War itself brought in billions and billions of money used to keep countries running and therefore if war would cease to exist, so would the world in time. The War Economy as it is known is pivotal to the survival of the world. But to survive it, the world had to evolve. With the war in the middle east raging hotter than it ever has been along with civil wars in third world countries the blood money continued to roll into certain companies rather than countries. Those companies were slowly developing augmentations of all sorts. Now, the battlefield has been taken over by corporations. Instead of countries waging war with their countries behind them it's industries waging their own war with their own PMCs. Intel Reports state that the biggest corporation, Achne Industries have something that is quite dangerous in development.

This gave rise to a new answer to the overwhelming problem. Codenamed 'SNAKE PIT', the team is made up of hand picked individuals who are being led by Joseph Teller-Call sign Vexing Snake and his second in command Kenzi Dennis- call sign Inland Taipan. The mission is to discover and if need be destroy weapon and detain the heads of Achne if allegations are proven true. It won't be easy and there will be blood. Are you prepared to bleed for your country?

Rules:

• Don't be a dick so no godmodding, metaphysically knowing what the other writer knows, and no OPed character
    • Be creative but if it's too much, it probably is
    • Know enough of the mythos to write well
    • Its good to see hate among characters but try to keep the hatred to an absolute zero in the OOC
    • I'm asking for dedicated writers and if you go missing for a long period time with no reason sent to me or Simus, prepare to be executed and replaced by a hopeful
    • No railroading at your own discretion and let's not have a mini RP within a RP.
    • This will be 18+ so that's a plus (GET IT)
    • More importantly, have fun with it!
    • Also this is set after Snake and The guns of the Patriots so no Snake showing up and having a meltdown about how war changes and his meltdowns
    CAST
    Wolfbane as Joseph "Vex" Teller (Vexing Snake), Kenzi Dennis (Inland Taipan) and Yuri Balalaika (Caspian Cobra and Grey wolf undercover)
    Simus as Jessica Teller and Adam Bensen (Bionic Python)
    Daryl Dixon as Bryce Montarello (Death Adder)
    ShadowKitty as Nina Sidorova (Deep Copperhead and Red Wolf undercover)

Last edited:

Wolfbane

"I don't know why I'm here. Maybe it's because I need your guidance on what to do in this situation and how to handle it. After all, you were one of the best.I know you completed your last mission, but.... but I need advice. Now, I'm tasked with my own mission with my own team. How'd you do it? I have things I wish to ask of you. If only you could speak and give me the advice I desperately need."

He took his beret off as he began to ask for silent advice. Advice that he desperately needed for what was to come. He was made for this, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any doubts or sneaking fears lurking in the pitch black of his mind. Whether he was afraid or not he was tasked to do this, and he will complete the mission no matter what.

"And you, you're the one who started this all; some say the cells I was made out of was part you and part artificial. I don't know if that's true or not seeing as how supposedly all your sons have died. Stranger things have happened." He looked at each of the graves with a sad sense of honor as he addressed each god damn hero. It felt like he was asking the gods of war themselves.

"Then of course the person that mentored the legend. All the questions I have for you. How'd you sacrifice your very being like that and all for your country? Is there a thing such as true peace or would this world fall apart? I guess this is all outside the point. You three did the best for all of us and what was asked of you. I only hope I can do the same and die knowing I did you all proud.

Now a new threat has arisen and even though we have never met I ask all of you for guidance. I know there will be sacrifices,hard times and devastating defeats. All I ask for is your blessings. Each one of you faced things far bigger than you, yet you battle it out and emerge victorious. Intelligence is beyond being in the dark."

The driver in the Humvee began to start the engine as if the world depended on it. The driver slowly took their glasses off to reveal a single brown eye full of desire while the other eye was as yellow as her hair and filled with technology. She bit the arm of her sunglasses and bounced them up and down as she spoke through her white teeth.

"We have to go Vex. You know how the general is; crotchety and extremely impatient. It blows my mind that he doesn't die of a heart attack with the amount of worrying the man does. I'm no doctor but-"

"I got it Kenz. I'm on my way. For a sniper you love to talk." He spun around to his partner with a genuine and wide smile before turning in respect and glared at the graves. These were the resting places of the heroes that this country needed in dire times. No one in the states knew what these soldiers went through and most likely will never know. His hand shot up in a salute, flashbacks of Snakes in this very spot as he stared deep into the gravestones. He then turned on his heel after leaving a Havana Cigar on one, a pack of cigs on the other, and an American flag and some grass lilies on the last. A fellow soldier paying respect to grizzled martyrs.

"Alright Kenzi. Hows the dossiers coming? They need to informed and dropped to the LZ in the mission. I want operatives who know what the mission is and know that while they are good on their own, their the best in my team. I don't want sad excuses for lone wolf missions." The cemetery began to get smaller and smaller the farther they got away from it. The radio of the car was at a good tone as sound of the underground 80's poured out of the speakers. He looked from the horizon to his partner in not only combat but life. There was only one other girl he loved; his sister. The only real family he ever had in fact. This was going to be one of the only peaceful moments in this mission from hear on out.

"They should be here soon. For now, let's ask the question; why are we dropping these guys off in a hot spot for all things lead fed? Shouldn't they be told where our field base is?" Her slender finger danced in the air as the rest wrapped around the leather steering wheel. There was only a few people Kenzi would never question and follow to the end; Vex is on the top of that list. Even above the general. The general has the frequent tendency to keep the two operatives hidden from certain aspects until they absolutely need to know. Whereas with Vex he tells her every aspect and every angle right when he learns it. That's not just because of his leadership but because she is one of the only women that he'd die for.

"If these people are the best in their fields then they will find some way to make it. They don't necessarily have to know how to kill someone. We already have people for that. Their called soldiers. You and I were tasked to build a team, and leave the other work to the grunts. There is always more than one way to solve a puzzle."

Vex ripped the plastic off a new pack of smokes and began to inhale once red and orange dances upon it. It would be sometime before the three would get to the mission area and all they had was time. The test may be a little tough, but for snakes to survive out in the wild, they have to know to survive. He peered out the window of the vehicle and gazed upon the rapidly moving scenery. The world on the outside may look serene and calm but inside it's hatred and fire continues to churn.

The average person has no idea what the war economy is or that it has a name. All they see is the corporations saving face by spoon feeding a false narrative of augmentations to better humans. There are three major corporations on the market; Achne, who is the biggest, Kusanagi, and Itomza. Each with their own hired PMCs. It's gotten so bad that the Taliban and the people of the middle east are working together to try to drive them out. If that wasn't bad enough there are reports of Achne Industries working on something big. No eye witnesses thus far but Vex needs a damn good team to find out. You'd be surprised how much pull these corporations have. The average person only knows that the war in the middle east is reaching an all time high. They don't know that smaller countries are raging battle with small proxy wars. Some say war never changes, but war is always evolving.

With the evolution of war came the evolution of the soldier. Vex was one of those soldiers. He was born from glass mother on November 1st to no parents, and the only family he has is Jess, who did grow up with parents. Vex only had his mentor who named him, trained, and maybe in a way adopted him like a son. Joseph Teller was born a soldier, having heightened senses and battle prowess genetically pumped in him where as Jess was more of the mind. Vex is strategic and smart, yes, but Jess was made for her intellect.

"Hey, Joe? Do you remember anything about your birth? Any needles or tubes? I don't mean to bring up any repressed memories but I'm just curious." She turned to face Vex, who was tracing the new edges of his square of cigarettes. As much as the two know about each other, she doesn't know too much about the birth of the man next to her. They've been serving with each other for quite some time. In the back of her mind there is a sense of odd curiosity of what is like to be born from a tube, and not from a living womb. They always celebrated his birthday but how does it really make him feel?

"Not a lot. I remember bright lights,doctors and a sticky feeling. I also remember my mentor. Look, lets not bring up all that yeah? Not the best memory, that's all. Just get us to the base so you and I can prep." He stopped playing with his pack and messed Kenzi's hair up to lighten the mood and ease the nerves brought by the thought of failing.

The rest of the drive was more enjoyable with the two discussing old missions as well as reminiscing about calmer times and the many shore leaves they spent together. The air force base was getting bigger and more defined as they got closer to it. The two pulled up to a checkpoint and a seasoned looking serviceman guarding the gate before them. "Halt; You need to tell me your callsigns before you enter." The man stood unwavered, like a real soldier should.

"Callsign Vexing Snake and Inland Taipan"

"Last name Teller and Dennis."

Kenzi sounded off right after Vex stated their callsigns. He doubted they would ask for an authorization code but he was prepared if necessary. there was a few minutes of silence before the soldier nodded and opened the gate, finally allowing them through. "You may proceed. Good luck out there."

both parties nodded in thanks before the Humvee continued to the hangar. The air was cool and there were still puddles. kenzi was wearing a wide cuff and neck thermal under a leather bomber jacket on top of her fatigues while Vex was adorned in his service uniform. About 20 minutes had past before they caught sight of the massive C-130 and their aerial command center.

To get into the drop zone, Vex's base team will need to get airborne and above the target. They had to be there and prepped by 1000 and dropped at 0100 hours. The two parked right in the hanger and in front of the large cargo bay door. The crew welcomed them shortly leading them in to get ready for drop. Once in, the two switched to their desert field gear, parachute and harness, and then began to take count of ammo, supplies, and finally loaded up their weapons. The remaining time was spent sharing a smoke and listening whatever was in the stereo from the last mission.

"Five minutes from the DZ. Prepare to drop." The cargo bay door slowly opened allowing a powerful vacuum of air to start before dissipating. Both Vex and Kenzi nodded while putting their helmets on and holding their fist up, a sign of good luck. They drew closer to the edge, the loud sound of the wind muffled by their helmets. Their backs were facing the door and a thumbs up before the two gently tipped over the edge and into a free fall. Most soldiers spread out as soon as they could but for Vex and Kenzi, especially Kenzi, it was just a free fall. A leap of faith until it was time to pull the chute.

Kenzi closed her eyes and smile as she heard the gushing wind darting past her like invisible bullets while Vex flipped face first to view the earth. In some way it was peaceful; just them and the openness of the sky. Their hearts continued to beat fast due to the high altitude of the jump. Controlling your breath was extremely important; You must not black out in a dive, especially at terminal velocity. It could take hours to regain consciousnesses and it could even be too late before you do.

Meanwhile at HQ, Brigadier General Roy Campbell monitored the agents on the giant wall screen with an anticipation he hadn't felt in years. The command center of Jerusalem Air Force Base was cold. It had to be to keep all of the sensitive equipment cool. But Campbell didn't even notice. After years in retirement, personal drama with his daughter and political warfare he was in command of FOXHOUND again and leading a field operation. That excited him like nothing else.

The images they were getting were via a cloaked Cypher drone. Jessica Teller, its inventor, was piloting it and making sure the general saw every bit of what was going on. The Cypher was made to run almost silently but when it was tumbling down at 130 miles per hour that didn't really matter. It would be critical when the operation started however. Campbell was thankful for such timely footage. They hadn't had anything this good during the Shadow Moses Incident or Big Shell and with ops like this you needed all the information you could get.

The agents were about five minutes from chute opening now so Campbell figured it was a good time to review their objectives one more time while they had nothing to do but listen. He nodded to Jessica and she opened a CODEC channel.

"Alright you two, let's go over this one more time. Your mission is to infiltrate the training camp for Wolfpack Associates, find any evidence of this new weapon we've been hearing about and get out. You'll make your way to the camp individually, meet up inside and proceed with your mission. The rest of your team will be making their way individually as well. You won't meet up with all of them prior to the mission but you'll know who to look for by the time you get there. Once your mission is complete, head to the extraction point where you'll be evaced by blackhawk. We'll go over some more details when you land." The slight sound of speeding wind could be heard from Kenzi's codec, signally that she was too lost in the fall to respond.

"Even being dropped out of a plane at 35,000 feet you can still find a way to bother me, General. This isn't our first mission. Now let me enjoy my descent from heaven to hell." Finally the general stopped long enough for her to enjoy the silence and then join Vex, deploying their chutes in tandem, black cloth and paracord exploding outwards and catching the wind. The gap between the two was safe enough to wear their parachutes wouldn't get tangled in each other. It had been a few minutes before they landed and the vibrations began, causing them to crotch and put their finger to their ear.

"Alright you two. We'll be using your code names from now on. Joe your code name for this mission will be Vexing Snake. We'll call you Vex for short. Kenzi, your code name will be Inland Taipan. We'll call you Taipan for short. Neither of you are to use your real names until this mission is over. I'll be communicating with both of you via codec and you'll be able to talk and listen with each other. The codec stimulates the small bones in your ears. No one else will be able to hear it. I know this is old news for both of you but experience has taught me that even the best agents can always use a refresher.

Now, let's go over your mission. You two are ten miles outside of a training camp owned and operated by the PMC Wolfpack Associates. They're a small but highly lucrative PMC based out of Texas and they're taking increasingly large contracts here in southern Syria. Ever since the government fell in the last civil war back in 2015 Syria's been a hotbed of anarchy and terrorist action. Israel and the United States formed a coalition with the six largest Middle Eastern powers to restore order in Syria and stem the violence. PMC's were critical in restoring order in 2018 two years ago and since then virtually all the peacekeeping efforts have been shifted onto the private sector. Achne Industries is the largest of the peacekeeping PMC's and Wolfpack is one of their subsidiaries. A week ago Israeli intelligence discovered evidence of Wolfpack representatives meeting with known terrorist leaders and discussing a possible revival of the same conflict they helped bring down. When Israel forwarded this information to us the pentagon immediately contacted both Wolfpack and Achne's CEO's but they both denied any such action. Wolfpack even went so far as to threaten exposure of the War Economy to the public if any of their operations are interfered with. If this happens, public opinion against PMC's would explode and every government who hires them will face massive civil unrest. Forty nine percent of Achne's contracts are awarded by the DoD and the State Department so for them to suddenly give America the cold shoulder is a very bad sign. That's why the pentagon called in us."

"And the war machine keeps on turning. If word gets out that there is a lucrative profit due to war then the military will be compromised and put under harsh scrutiny. It's a smart move on the CEOs part. The Pentagon must have more than they are telling us."

"They always do. Why is the Department of Defense along with the State Department surprised that Achne is pulling away? Forty nine percent is big but America has a history of lending a helping hand only to be stabbed by that same hand."

"You have two mission objectives. First, infiltrate the Wolfpack training camp undetected and find its headquarters building. Then find any evidence that confirms Israel's report and escape with it. This is the second largest PMC training camp in the Middle East and Wolfpack's biggest frontline base. Any information has got to be here."

As the general continued to drone on, all Kenzi could focus on was the blistering heat, snarling her lip at the fact they were going to operate in the blazing sun and sneak through even hotter sand. It sneaks it way in your clothes, your boots and sometimes in your damn rifle. The grains make it especially hard to infiltrate and not leave a single piece of evidence that you were even there. People just adore sand when it's on the beach not on a god damn warzone. The more she thought of it the more she wanted to punch something. Luckily, the general built a wall of words blocking her from the infuriating thought.

"Considering the importance of this mission we will be deviating from standard FOXHOUND procedures. Not only will you two be working together but you'll also have an entire team to back you up. Some of them will rendezvous with you there at the camp but others are already in enemy territory and are waiting for you there. To minimize the risk of detection and capture, all of you will be making your way to the Wolfpack camp on your own. You'll need to treat this part of the mission as a one-man sneaking mission. Don't let the enemy see you, don't engage the enemy unless absolutely necessary and most of all don't leave any trace of your presence. That includes footprints, trash, ammo casings and magazines, spent equipment and bodily waste. Cigarette ashes too so no smoking."

Campbell had just thrown a lot at them and figured they had questions, so he paused for a moment to let them get a word in. The soldiers began to strip away the paracord and packed up the chute and screwed on suppressors to their weapons for the mission parameters of the enemy never knowing they were there in the first place. It would seem next to impossible to the average civilian. However, they are FOXHOUND agents, and this is what they do best, know and love. It was nothing they haven't done before; The pair were in Siberia for recon on what the Russian military was doing in that frozen wasteland. The mission was to enter the base without a trace. Whether it was moving slowly and wiping away their tracks to traversing high points they did it. Not a single bullet was spent and no magazines were dropped. Not even a drop of blood was spilled.

"Yeah, Yeah, we get it. No having fun. We were never here; Like a ghost, like a shadow, we stalk like panthers. Move swiftly and without a print."

"We were never here, affirmative. What about the rest of the team? How are they arriving? I assume we're going have a map updated with several entry points? Or are we going blind as well?" Vex laid the map out and pinned put three rocks on it to hold it down as they talked to get a good layout of where both he and Kenzi needed to go. It won't be as easy now that his sharpshooter is on her own, but they wouldn't be some of the best if that would stop them. His eyes scanned every inch of the map as Kenzi's golden eye snapped to every building and corner. She was wearing her shooting gloves; her trigger finger is covered to make it easier to shoot, her thumb is free so she can operate her bolt, any mag release, slide lock and any other operations similar to those. The middle finger is also free to reach for another magazine. Lastly the other fingers are covered to grip the weapon itself. The same goes for the other hand. She pointed her trigger and middle finger together directing it at the higher pathway.

"I'll go high; taking the rooftops and higher levels bypassing the hostiles. It will be the easiest course of action given my skills. There shouldn't be too much resistance in my way. If I do see anyone, I'll just ninja my way around them. The hard path is yours, Vex. You have to make your way through the city and through the warzone all whist not being seen." She couldn't help but laugh at how much harder going through the city will be. Not only will there be bullets flying from both sides, but either side has no idea that they are here and will shoot to kill without a second thought. On top of that the buildings themselves might be makeshift camps and there also might be mines. After she thought all of that, she was a little concerned but it was Vex. His whole life believe it or not was the hard path. Not having biological parents, no blood related family aside from your sister and not knowing who you actually aside from a super soldier. Sure, Kenzi is a woman with his heart and his sister is his little guardian angel, aside from his mentor whose name is rarely spoken out of respect. The general is not even family to him. Vex only has his two girls to care about. Will that change? Maybe or maybe not. Kenzi just wants to tell him what he already knows so the fact that he does know that she deeply cares makes her feel better. She was suddenly shaken out of it by a warm laugh and the rolling of the paper map.

" 'ninja your way around?'even as we serve in the best damn division you still talk like we're just soldiers. That's one of the things that makes you so damn cute." his finger flew up air quotations to emphasize the very Kenzi slang. In the mission they are suppose to show professionalism but right now they needed to relax for the task at hand. The general might not like the way they are acting now, but they are constant professionals who rarely make mistakes. It's always good to remind the team what you are fighting for and right now these two are not only fighting for their great country but they are also fighting for each other. Fighting to see the next golden hour as well as the next blue hour.

"Don't worry about the rest of the team. Those that aren't already in the area will make their way to the camp so you can better plan for yourselves. The others will have to stay put for their own safety but I'll tell you how to contact them as we go. One of them I can tell you about up front. He's a negotiation and CQC expert named Bionic Python. He was sent in a month ago to gather information on the camp while posing as a DoD adviser. I don't know how but two weeks ago his cover was blown and he had to fight his way out of the camp. He's been on the run ever since. He contacted us at 0500 this morning explaining all of this and his tracker indicates he's been stationary since then so he must have found a safe place to hide. You should find and make contact with Python to assess his condition but this is a secondary objective. You can wait until after the mission to find him if you think that'll be easier. Vex, once you do find him give him the small blue case inside your pack. I don't know what condition he's in and he could very well be hostile. The contents of that box will make him much more receptive. He also has an updated map of the area. You both have maps in your pack that display the intel we do know but his is more current if you think that'll help.

Also, there's someone else back here at the airfield that'll be contacting you over the radio. She'll serve as a technical adviser to the entire team as well as handling the saving of your mission data. Vex, I think you'll be happy to hear who it is. I'm patching her through now."

"Hi Joe! It's Jess! Can you hear me okay?"

"There she is! I hear you loud and clear Jessie. Let's move out and get this done.

"There's our little spitfire. We read you crystal. Affirmative Vex.before we head out I think it would be a good idea to find out the morale of both sides and see if there is an easier route of us or any battlefield traps or hazards. Jess, is there anything we should know how about the city and what is exactly happening between the sides and if they laid anything that can blow up Vexie here?"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Another Jäger bomb." Bryce slurs as he walks haphazardly into the kitchen. He goes to pour himself another drink but I've hidden the alcohol from him. He's had far too much. I'm watching him from the dining room table, under the chandelier. This is the first vacation the infamous Montarello Ghost has ever taken. The party has about 160 people, he knows 40 or so. It's the wedding after party. He decided we needed to quickly be married before he was sent away, and I arranged a party for the celebrations.

I've had a bit to drink myself but I like to keep all my faculties. I'm sentient. He certainty isn't. He's stumbled toward the makeshift dance floor in the yard now, making a fool of himself. It's good to see him smile, even if it only happens when he drinks. Everybody is laughing, cracking jokes. Oh no, here he comes.

"Why are snakes so grumpy all the time?"
    Bryce asks me.

"I don't know, why do you ask?"

"It's a secret!"

"Oh really?"

Suddenly he pulls the most surprised expression I've ever seen a human being make. He looks wondrously over my shoulder as his eyes widen before snapping his attention back at me.

"What is it?"

"They're.. just tails.. They're just tails with faces... They're sentient tales... They're..."

"That's quite the discovery."

"I must inform Eric at once."

"You do that."

He walks off and does whatever it is he set out to do. As I watch him walk off, stumble into a wall, apologize and continue I just have to wonder: What did I do to deserve this? Bryce is happy. He's finally happy. I no longer have to fl*ff people for money. I'm going to be a teacher now. The education I got toward to end of Azahir's rule counts in the US. I start in a month. I'm officially Mrs Montarello.

Life is great.

I stand up to fetch Bryce and take him to the bedchamber and a bullet whizzes right past my ear. A storm of lead sprays through the glass windows and impale themselves into all surfaces of the room. I duck behind the kitchen counter and smoke fills the house, decorative lamps and ornaments smashing to the floor as tears fill my eyes. They burn. Bryce grabs me and we exit the manor making a beeline for the closed gates. I bash the lock and shake the door, the damn thing wont open.

Bryce forces a hand down his throat, urging a puke. Sobering himself up so he can think. Smart. When he is done he stands up and picks me up by my waist and hoists me over the fence, all the while shouting commands and giving me comfort- if one could even do both.

He jumps over and falls down the other side, still a little drunk, and I pick him up as we run off down the street. We're stopped by a van crashing into the wall ahead of us blocking the path. Four armed gunmen jump out the back and take us hostage. Two more jump out the front seats. Four of them are assaulting Bryce and one begins to apply pliers to his right hand. The two that have me are just making me watch. They're not even hurting me. But Bryce..

They think he sold out Azahir, as he is the only one of his generals that survived the American invasion. Funny, I didn't even know he held such a high rank...

They remove his nails one by one as he doesn't tell them about his reason for being on American soil. His mission. I don't know what that is, but they sound really serious. He's lost three finger nails and counting. He's screaming, they're yelling, I'm crying- balling at this point. He's shouting at them now, asking how they know about the operation. Now he has no fingernails on his right hand. They toss me to the ground in front of him and shoot me in both my legs, demanding answers.

They want to know why he didn't die fighting the American pigs who slayed Azahir. Why he so eagerly jumped into their sheets. He's on his knees, defeated. I crawl to him in an embrace. They try to pull me away but they cant, my grip is like iron. They'll never tear us apart. I feel like my embrace is protecting him, shielding him from the harm they wish to impose. As I dig my face into his shoulders and tighten my grip, my blood sprays all over his face. I didn't even get to see the look of sheer horror on his face. I didn't get to comfort him afterwards. Just a memory, haunting him in every waking moment.

"I hereby pardon you of-"

As the judge listed Bryce's long, extensive list of crimes he zoned out. He didn't care. When Azahir was assassinated and the archives of blackmail on all his employees were discovered it really ruined their futures. Most of them were killed but due to Bryce's incredible history, he was spared for this. Redeem himself serving America or be executed like the dictator before him.

When it was all over he got two days of waiting before he was on a plane headed to the mission zone; Syria. Flashes of his late wife smiling, laughing, giggling etched into his mind from a recent past made its way into his thoughts. He thought of those visions often, especially when in danger. He missed her dearly. "Prepare to jump."

She was so beautiful. A busty, ladylike figure with luscious red lips and long dark hair falling down her back. Radiant green eyes, a plump bottom and enticing hips. She was breathtaking. "3, 2, 1."

Bryce took a leap from the plane, falling into the warzone. Gunfire could already be heard. He pushed all memories of his precious wife to the back of his mind, tucked away. He could not bring something so beautiful to a place like this. He landed on the rooftop to a mostly destroyed, rundown 4 story hospital. "Death Adder standing by."

He awaited orders.

There was some static over the codec before he received a reply. "Death Adder, your objective is retrieve Intel specifying any reasons that the PMC is hitting this place so hard. Not also that, we need more information. I want something more to show for this than a pat on the back and off we go. Whether it's financial, military or more details of their plan here. There must be no blood, bullets or magazines left. That means no war crimes or killing sprees in villages. In and out without anyone noticing. After you have obtained the info make your way to the forward base at the coordinates given. I repeat, in and out without anyone noticing. Vexing Snake out."

Bryce took note of what the lead had to say and ignored the disrespect that was shown toward his past. Americans will be Americans. Lording over their 'superiority.' "Acknowledged."

He didn't even know why he was doing this. He only agreed because it would save his life, which he would spend with his wife. Since she died he has no reason to keep fighting. Old habits die hard. He made his way to the bottom floor with little effort, it was empty apart from the rats. He ghosted his way through the streets, being careful as to not leave a footprint or even shake the trash that littered the area. It was truly masterful. There was a lot of gunfire just three streets over, private military tearing each other apart. While he completely avoided them there would definitely be mines in the back alleys. He couldn't see any and that terrified him. Whether through sheer luck or their folly he exited the dense urban environment and crawled into the outer rim of the city. A camp had been set up here, along with several others across the city. This one, however, was on the brim.

As he approached the Wolfpack training camp, prone in the dirt, he watched the patrols. The spotlights made it impossible to hide in the shadows, he would have to use cover more tactfully. He noticed shooting drills going on along with the bunker. He crawled up onto the side wall and shimmied his way around it, popping into a window. The light was off as there was off duty sleeping guards, they even had earbuds in. Too easy. He stole a uniform from the locker and put it on, along with a balaclava. He hid his weapons and stealth suit in the locker under some clean uniforms as he could not wear both. Picking up the standard firearm on base from a sleeping soldiers bedside, he began to patrol the camp. He noticed their comm station and approached it. "Halt!" An officer said in a language Bryce didn't understand. He stopped and turned to the officer. The man readjusted a service stripe on the shoulder before saluting Bryce. After replicating the salute the man walked away.

Bryce continued his approach on the comm station. The blue lights on the equipment held many buttons and switches that he deciphered with ease. Standard equipment, nothing special here. While it was all in another language it was the exact same operating system as he used to use when he served in a PMC. He held a button and began to transmit. "Enemy forces approaching from the west side." He said in a thick Russian accent, deliberately, as he had spotted a few Russians in the camp.

As the soldiers began to form their attack on the non existent invader he was able to go about his business without suspicious eyes dwelling on him. He drew his weapon and jogged around the camp, looking for a high profile building that may contain precious assets as there was no documents at the comm station. He noticed a small makeshift warehouse about 15 meters across and proceeded to open the main door. It was locked, but he managed to wedge it open as it only had a cheap lock.

Here there were crates of paperwork and barrels upon barrels of oil. Most the paperwork was rubbish but he managed to find three particularly sensitive folders. Skimming through them showed various motives for being here, although he didn't have time to take a proper look as the soldiers had realized they had been deceived. Exiting the warehouse and joining returning soldiers inconspicuously.

"Another fl*ffing drill." He heard someone say in Afrikaans.

Bryce swapped out his gear again and upon leaving everything as he left it, escaped the camp. But he wasn't done yet. There was another camp he had to extract Intel from, and it was in the belly of the beast. Behind the second line of the shooting there was a highly guarded apartment complex that had been re-purposed for their needs. He was to make his way there, extract the remaining data, review the files and exit the mission area if he had what he needed. Anything less was a failure.

Retreating back into the cover of the towering buildings, he stalked the streets.

Last edited:

Wolfbane

"Hi there Kenzi! It's great to hear from you guys! That way I know you both landed safely! Now, as for stuff that can blow you up let's pull up the latest satellite scans of the area and see what we're up against." Both agents had a blue-tinted tactical map display appear in front of their eyes with a pulsing dot indicating where they were and showing the areas of interest. "You guys are here, south of the city. Wolfpack's base is to the north of the city. Python is somewhere in the mountains north east of the city and south west of Wolfpack's base. Wolfpack is officially in control of the city but it's a warzone right now. Local mallitia forces have been gathering outside all week and they launch a full scale assault this morning. Wolfpack's lost a lot of ground to them due to their superior numbers but their troops are relatively low-tech. Expect basic infantry and trucks. Their guns are also naked so you'll be able to use them. Wolfpack's lost a lot of ground but they still firmly hold the northern half and they've brought in some serious firepower to make their counteroffensive. Expect well-trained and well-equipped infantry with stryker and helicopter gunship support. Along with a lot of GEKOS. I know it sounds like suicide but you guys can go by virtually unnoticed if you play it stealthy and there's no time to go around the whole city."

"If you want me to suggest a route, use the right analogue stick to move the cursor around and select the "plot route" button. This will highlight the best way to your current objective from where you are. Press the action button to cycle between objectives and press the back button to exit the map. Press the action button to pull the map back up again. You can also use your controller's middle touchscreen to draw your own route if you fine one better. Good luck guys, and call me if you need any information on the environment or and equipment you pick up. My codec frequency is 141.25."

"If we input a cheat code will it give us unlimited lives or ammo?"
    Kenzi turned her device and swiped left, extending it into a controller and moving the analog sticks left, down, right, up, left, down, right, up, all with a chuckle, making even Vex laugh as he hears the clicking and the screen input. With the joke passing Kenzi expanded the map and placed markers on each approximate GECKO, tapping her fingers on the side thinking about the last time the pair encountered the insanely proficient mech. If they are in fact on the battlefield then that leads to the conclusion or at least the assumption that Wolfpack has major skin in the game. You don't risk discretion at the hands of a god damn hopping cow mech if there wasn't something very valuable.

"The real problem is those damn GECKOs. Flying around and mooing like a cow strapped to a jet pack. It's bad enough that they are A.I but to top it off they don't stop until their target is killed. I suppose making them moo quite smart. It Leads soldiers into a false sense of security due to the sound of home. That's why they also give off the scent of grass and even make a cicada call. Psychological warfare meets primal warfare." A trimmed eyebrow was raised at the thought of a board of robotic experts all nodding their head at a cow protocol on the chicken walking cow bot.

"Not only that but the fact that we are not suppose to be here. If either either side catches us then it's full and plausible deniability. We never existed and we're never seeing home again. Lucky for us, that won't happen. Isn't that right, Jess?"

"Damn skippy! I highlighted the general route and any points of interest or areas of concern. There will be a lot of buildings around so cover should be decent. The rubble from the string of bombardments should also create good transition points. It's sad to see what the city has turned into."

"What about mines, Jess? I don't want to land on what I think is sand only to find out it's a blasting cap with enough power to turn me into red jelly."

"I marked all areas of concern, like I said. I also provided an additional route and made it to where your device will notify via codec if you are close." The pattering of a keyboard could be heard coming through the codec. The noise dampener will be turned on in the field just in case an enemy has acute hearing or if a PMC soldier has an implant. Implants; Wolfpack is known for combat augmentations and implants but most are minor, no attack units as of yet.

A blue route popped up making its way to the HQ signaling that this is the path that Vex will take. From the looks of it he should avoid the fighting and mines but anything and everything change in the field. Fighting could escalate and go deeper in the city, an attack helicopter could blow up a building and block the path and so forth. Here's hoping that won't in fact happen. If all goes his way he should make it with all his appendages attached as well as hole free. Both sides should be immersed in shooting each other for money and country. It seems like the Middle East has been soaked in blood since before modern firearms and pseudo ideology. The Sunni and Shia have been butchering each other over the same religion for centuries. One believes that Mohammad was god and the other believes that Mohammad was not a god but a prophet. They are killing each other over the same religion just different view points but they don't seem to care about this key element. The idea that peace will be achieved here is as absurd as Iran and Israel having tea over peace talks and nuclear disarmament.

Regardless of the semantics of the matter, the two had a job to do and they planned on seeing it through no matter what. The history books will never tell tales of their bravery or courage—no tales of the blood spilled or lives lost —Their names will never meet a page and if it does it will not be by their request. The files may be stricken black but in this age once information leaks out it empties into the vast electronic ocean. A country being able to control information is next to impossible. Classified is subjective and can be declassified with the right programs and the know how. Just like the special operators before them and around the world they swore an oath to never yearn for fame and to never discuss their missions with anyone, family included, even after they have accomplished the mission. They are the unsung heroes of history and this world is in their debt. There have been operatives who divulge the details of a mission, however they are either not held in high regard or die of a heart attack, an accident or a bullet to the skull. Some are knowing red herrings or scapegoats. Such is the job they love so much.

A yellow route then appeared on the HUD and diverged off to the left and up a building connected to a series of other structures. The line waved up and down every roof, darted in and out a few windows, highlighted a long steel wire and then into the HQ; this was Kenzi's general route. It would be the easier route in terms of safety and she can also call out sniper nests down to Vex or any other obstacles heading his way before he got there. Kenzi's ghost eye quickly darted to and from each building and took note of the shape, the texture of the building, the rooftops and what else was around it. With a satisfied nod the two attached suppressors onto their respective weapons and cocked the actions.

"Alright, time for our prayer." Both partners locked hands and bowed their heads and even Jess got silent.

"May we move like a ghost, unseen and unheard. Locked away from everyone else. Let's us stalk like a snake in grass. If the time comes to act like us coil and strike, sinking our fangs, venom dripping into our prey. And if we fail let us join together once again in the afterlife." Vex let go of Kenzi's hand and held up his necklace; a split domino with a one pip dangled in front of their faces causing Kenzi to do the same and show her half. They may not have dog tags and any tattoos may be covered but that doesn't mean they would give up another connection to each other. In most cases they would be not be put on the same mission in fear of acting out of rage if the other died, but that's what gave them tan edge; minds and hearts connected. Not only we're they partners, but they are a team almost made for each other. She got her eye implant and a slight reflex boost just so Vex would have a very capable partner. Vex may have been bred to fight and lead, but that doesn't mean Kenzi can't upgrade a little bit. The things we do for the people we love.

"Alright Jess, you're our guardian. Keep us safe. I'll come in second, so our sharpshooter is up first." Vex smiled and gave his angel of death a quick but loving hug before she made her way into the field. As a leader Vex does a few things differently; he let's his closest people see the loving side of him but shows the professional to any other operative. Some might say he's a hardass but that's because when on a mission the most important thing is succeeding, not having a fun time. He wouldn't be a good leader if he cared about winning a congeniality contest.

Heat waves swam across the sand covers horizon as she peered through her scope, black crosshairs scanning the area in front of her. It snapped to each building in view and took note of cover and any footholds or holes used to get up in the roof. Even though she already had a route mapped she wanted to see if there were any shortcuts or hazards. While one eye was deep in the scope her ghost eye swiveled and made sure she wasn't noticeable or there wasn't anyone around. One of the many great things about augmentations. Hers was minor enough to not look intrusive. Instead of a purely yellow eye her iris was bright yellow and wires took the place of veins. The eye enabled her to be a one woman sniping team; it took note of wind, trajectory, Coriolis effect and any other factors. Not only that but it picks up small details so if they have to investigate something or she wants to pull of an incredible shot the eye would take note of the smallest of openings.

However, with rewards comes risks. The eye itself can get hacked into, if let's say some sort of EMP wave went off it could stop the aug rendering it useless. The eye itself has a few tricks to protect it, so she isn't worried for the most part. The eye as well as her other augs require a tune up every time something goes wrong. The hardest thing about it is that it makes her never forget what she sees. One foot in the present and one foot in the past. It might sound like a great thing but not in her line of work. Whenever she closes her eyes she can see all the people she failed to protect and all the evil she failed to stop.

The rifle was lowered and slung on her back and her MP5 took it's place and she continued towards the first building. The height of the house was like any other middle eastern home; short enough to monkey her way up there but high enough for a nice perch. Kenzi simply released the MP5 letting it fall to her side before she ran up the wall and pushed up off it catching herself on a ledge. Her foot began to feel around before finding a large hole and digging right in it enabling her to lean up for a brick to grab in order to move her left foot up on the window sill allowing her to reach the roof. She took one look at the skyline and simply shook her head; air strikes and drones are the preferred method to war for countries such as the U.S due to not having boots in the ground. It's purely to save face. Air strikes always kill more civilians than they do enemies in urban environments. Teams like SNAKE PIT only get sent in when it gets worse and always under the blanket of secrecy. The public doesn't know half of what goes on. The minority that do can't find anything else about current missions. Some soldiers go home to their families, some go into private contractor still fighting the good fight and some turn to wet work or mercenary work. Wolfpack accepts soldiers from all over the world. Some soldiers were once good and others were never good to begin with. Some men will go off and kill a few civilians or rape a woman or two and chalk it up to 'war is war. War will always have casualties' and try to justify it.

War crimes make her sick. You join the service to protect your country and those in need, not because you get off on killing and pillaging the lands. A soldier who commits these heinous acts are lower than dirt in both her eyes and Vex's eyes. The fact that they have to work with a war criminal makes her stomach hurt and skin crawl. She knows the bastard is good at what he does but that doesn't mean she has to like it. After all the asshole is only helping to get his sentence exonerated.

She took a deep breath and began to run along the edge getting faster once she saw a new window into a new building. A smile crept on her face before she jumped into the window coiling her legs allowing her to go through and roll out of it without a scratch. However, the smile dissipated as soon as she saw blood. Her ghost eye began to scan the small house and compiled signs of a struggle; upheaved furniture, broken glass, numerous holes in the walls and TV and a bloody bed and even bloodier stuffed bunny. It looked like a family of three shared the small apartment like house. The child's room was close enough to where she didn't even have to move out of the living room. Her eyes ran across the floor before she found the casings associated with the bullet holes; 7.62' rounds. This wasn't done by a PMC soldier but instead an insurgent. What kind of a monster kills his countrymen for no reason then say that they are fighting for them? Furthermore what kind of a monster would kill a child?

All thoughts exited her mind as the chattering of foreign threats entered the bottom floor. Her head swiveled in every direction trying to come up with a plan. She could go through the window but what if there are more outside? What if she landed incorrectly and broke her leg? She could block the door with the table but what if she left a boot print? The voices are getting closer and her time is running out. She can't scramble up the wall because once again she could leave a print. The couch was standing vertically and was weighed down by rubble from an adjacent wall. Maybe an explosion knocked a hole in the wall? Either way it didn't matter as the stairs outside started to creak in threes. By the sounds it was three men and one had a machine gun, not only by the volume of sound of the creak and the jingle of a bandolier.

The door swung open violently and the three men barged in.

Sometime had passed since Kenzi had departed, telling Vex that is was now his time to do the same. He eyed over his route one last time before making his way into the warring city. The Middle East; a place with so much history in not only in religion but in architecture. I'd only he was here on better terms and working with an excavation team like he did around Egypt. It seemed like yesterday; The team had been lucky enough to not only find valuable digs but also find them in the shade. Vex had on tan cargo pants and a blue shirt with a ball cap. Kenzi had desert fatigues on, a white tank top but this time she had long hair. One side was long anyway.The other side was shaved short where the longer side was flipped over.

"Hey Vex. You think we'll see any action?"

"Not if we're lucky. You always bitched about a vacation. This is the best of both worlds; we get to go on digs in the shade AND get paid. Or do you want us to be stuck in some muggy ass swamp training men who will just run away once the fighting starts?"

"Yeah, yeah. I got it. Hey, Chataev. What are you hoping to find? Links to ancient aliens?" Kenzi snickered but she meant what she said. She was just as interested as they were. Although having something to shoot wouldn't hurt, well not her at least. This was better than some jungle in the amazon where bullets are the least are the least of your worries.

"You are correct. The sand here nowadays was not here when the first pyramid and sphinx was built. History, computer models as well as recorded accounts have talked about a another pyramid aside from the ones we know today. The most interesting thought is that of the idea that the slaves did not use wheels and rolling pins but rather the blocks levitated in place by some otherworldly force. Not only that but there is plenty of other evidence around the world, but I digress. Right now we are looking for more mundane things such as pottery or tools."

"Sounds pretty awesome. Anyway, you have fun with that. Vex! I'm sitting by you!" Kenzi got up and instead of taking a seat by his side, she took a seat on his lap, making him let out a sigh as the obvious sign of affection, knowing that when they are acting as contractors they are not officially SNAKE PIT but rather hirelings from a decent corporation. Now, if it was typical mission, then it would not be allowed under most circumstances. This was not a typical missions so they could act more relaxed than usual. The two watched the archeologists enjoy their work just as the two soldiers enjoyed time away from the intense parameters, radio silence and professionalism. For just a moment there was peace in this war torn land, this blood soaked world and for just that instant it was good. Moments like these are what make these two fight on; the ability to enjoy the sun and nature, to enjoy the knowledge of other people and to protect history and the people around them. This is what it means to be a soldier to them. Not the medals or the killing, but saving people that can't help themselves. They are many who alone can change the world for the better, no matter what anyone else says.

"Hey Vexie, do you remember the first time we met? Not the first time we went on a mission but the first time we saw each other face to face." Kenzi leaned against him and messed with her hair to get it out of his face.

"How could I forget. I was in the Mess eating across from everyone else, reading up on what I had assigned by my mentor and when I looked up I saw you eyeing and sizing up each table, as if you were looking for prey. God, we were just kids back then it seems like. We both had sparred a couple of times but that's the extent of our interaction. He didn't want me to ostracize myself from the crowd so he mixed me in with the others as well as you. Maybe it on purpose. He had a knack for seeing the best in people and parring up people who complimented each other. Jesus, you were the only one who gave me plops like I was normal and not, well me." Vex smiled and chuckled at the look of joy Kenzi had when he began to talk about how the two met at while the stars were aligned, some might say.

"So far so good, big guy. What else? What were you thinking? I know what I was thinking but I'll save that for later." She grinned and asked permission to smoke, which the team allowed as long as she doesn't get near the artifacts. She pulled out a steel flip lighter with K&V etched on with numerous scratches on it and pinched in between her thumb and first two fingers popping it open before lighting her cig, letting out small puffs of smokes filling the air around them.

"I thought that you looked very good fighting and I also tired to figure out how to ask you out without getting shot."

"Looks like you didn't get shot by me, yet." The half haired heroine pointed at Vex and pretended to shoot him.

Vex would have been lost in the memory if not for the sound of vehicles. He ducked crouched next to a nearby dumpster and as soon as the troop truck was just about to near him he rolled under and quickly latched on, scrapping his vest for a moment.

Who has the easiest path now, Kenzi! He thought to himself and snickered tightening his grip and foot hold on the frame. Oh he wished they could have their trackers on. The look on her face once she knew how fast he was arriving. All he had to do was hold on and wait until they stopped towards the battlefield. All he had to do was get off and make a run for it which would be straight forward. It's not like it needs some unforeseen writer detail it at every step.

Her nails dug into the rafters while she knew damn well that could have died right then in there if not for the couch. Which is now being used as a stand for the machine gun team who was unloading like a bunch of amateurs. Foreign tongues began to make sense thanks to her language augs. The men were chattering about something that had the word mech in it but she couldn't be sure over the fire of the Pecheneg. Whatever it actually was they seemed scared quite worried. That sign alone didn't sit well with her nor did the fact of dying by the hands of three god awful shots that just happened to know how to reload. Flashes and cartridges filled the room drowning out the voices and making focusing on her grip and position even harder. Her eyes darted to each hand knowing that before too long they would give out, causing her to lose her grip and her life.

Okay, remember rock climbing in Peru? You almost fell if not for the piton. All you have to do is reach for your MP5. God damn girl, why did you leave the piton in the ACC? I'll have it request mine as soon as these bastards leave. The thought locked in her memory and all focus went on getting the weapon out while also maintaining her hold. Her legs spread and found two corners and arm barred in the left beam and gently moved to he left to try to reach the damn gun. The gun was hanging on her side for comfort as well as ease of carrying that and her M24. Black steel could be felt and a hopeful smile crept on her face but soon went away as she felt her right leg burning, which was a sign of exhaustion.

Come on... Almost there... Almost.

She gasped as she felt her right leg go then panicked when she could feel her other going. In a desperate attempt, she forced her arm forward grabbing the sub machine gun quickly slid it across the left beam and grabbed it, letting her legs go and wrap around the same beam. This gave her a little time, but not much. The men fired belt after belt from an limitless supply in her mind. She couldn't do it much longer. She could feel her body go at once, but for once god was on her side because the group now had their brains across the floor from the bullets of an unseen group of soldiers. With a long sigh, she let off the beams, landing with a thud. Not as graceful as she usually was but was better than being filled with holes... Or worse.

"This is Inland Taipan coming in. I got held up but I'm making my way now. Oh and Jess? Remind me to bring my piton from now on. Taipan over and out." She let out an angry sigh before pulling up her map to acquire her next move as well as let her arms and leg rest for a bit. After her body recovered from almost dying she sat on the windowsill with her back to the outside and her hands found stones, gloves gripping each edge and bump and began pulling the body attached to them up higher and higher as her legs coiled and pushed her off shooting her in the air just enough for her to land softly. When the dust settled her head slowly looked up with a smile before she springboard off of a ledge and flew over a street wide gap taking a glimpse of the street below her chuckling before rolling of it and into a run towards the HQ almost skipping her way into the base knowing that she beat Vex.

"Hi there. What took you so long?" Vex grinned and fanned his hands to the equipment and called Jess to confirm that they had arrived. To say that Kenzi was disappointed was an understatement. Her feelings of anger had to wait until Vex radioed them in.

"Vexing Snake and Inland Taipan coming in. We have arrived and awaiting the rest of the team."

Last edited:

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "I believe my negotiations are more than fair. Assassination of the US president in exchange for your land, women-"

"Yes Mr Azahir, but must you have my wife? We took sacred vows, the gods-"

"fluff the gods. I've been wanting to fl*ff your wife since I was eleven years old. The assassination of a world leader is no easy feat but I have faith in my operative. Only after the job is done I will take your wife. Until then, rest. Have her while you can. But know when the job is done, she is mine."

"Yes, your supremacy.." The client mumbled.

Bryce stood silently aside the right of Azahir's throne, guarding him. He was stoic and unmoving, extremely self disciplined and unmoving he bore his signiture armour. It was ceremonial and designed to look fearsome, it wasn't designed for combat.

That being said, it was very protective, but it wasn't something an assassin the modern world would adapt. Especially one of Bryce's talents. The bulky armour would be horrible for stealth.

Azahir had it designed to match the rest of the palace guards, only instead of black and gold it was white. It was a culture thing for Azahir, it had no meaning to Bryce.

white samuri armour.jpg

He was trained in the use of the katana and has had to use it multiple times in Azahir's service simply to kill people Azahir wanted. A servant happens to walk into the room at the wrong time? Bryce, kill her.

A client offers a bad price? Bryce, kill him. He had fallen so low. He was a soldier who fought for Australia's interests and to save the world and now he is a murderer who kills innocent bystanders on a brutes whims.

Bryce had been tasked with the assassination of the US president, he had been given 1.5 years to complete the task. He would have had it completed in 6 months had Azahir not been slain. Azahir had mentioned how proud he was of Bryce's abilities, but did not believe he would make it out of the country alive after completing the task.

Remembering what a pig Azahir was gave him no comfort in the coming storm. He watched the bullets fly above his head as he crawled through the trenches in the street.

The taste of iron, the taste of blood still on his tongue from when his wifes brain matter splattered into his eyes and mouth. The gunfire overhead brought him back to the gunfire in the estate the day after his wedding.

She didn't even get a honeymoon, he thought.

He was distracted and noticed himself getting sloppy, rushing, so he slowed down and composed himself. The apartment complex that had been repurposed by the PMC's was heavily guarded on all sides but one. The rear had one lone guard who had fallen asleep.

Bryce walked right up to the glassless window and slipped inside, brushing right past the guard. He crept his way upstairs, hiding under a table on the second floor. Three men walked in and sat down at the very table he was hiding under. They talked for quite some time about their plans to kidnap and train more child soldiers to guard key points throughout the city.

People hesitate when shooting a child, Bryce would know. He sure did, he regrets it everyday when he breathes through lungs that are not his own.

The men left and Bryce followed them. He followed a man in a suit up the stairs and as he slipped into one room Bryce slipped into another. This room contained a desk, a computer and some magazines along with other clutter. Bryce waved the mouse and the monitor flickered to life, revealing a raunchy background picture and some personal diaries.

Bryce gave them a quick read and discovered some information on how the author felt excited about working with the 'freedom fighters'. The terrorists.

It went into detail but Bryce just had the information downloaded and sent to HQ. The retreat out of the building was just as easy as it had been getting in. He exited the same window sneaking past the same guard and headed southward toward HQ.

The codec came to life, "Vexing Snake and Inland Taipan coming in. We have arrived and awaiting the rest of the team."

It didn't take Bryce long to exit the city southward and near the gates of HQ. "HQ, this is Death Adder, objective complete. Outside HQ now." The gate opened and he walked in. He could see a short blonde and tall bearded man. They must be apart of the operation. He approached them and as they looked to him the look of disgust and discomfort was present.

He extended a hand, knowing full well they did not like him. Vex's comments had made that clear. "Bryce Montarello at your service." He said with a killers grin.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The cave was cool relative to the blazing heat outside but Adam Raven took no comfort in it. The cave was also dark, wet and had too many holes and pits that he didn't notice until it was too late and he either tripped or stumbled. Normally his augmentations would have made such obstacles trivial but his biological power supply for them was close to running on empty. He ran out of food two days ago and drank the last of his water this morning. The battery in his heart that powers the augmentations he had to activate could recharge by itself but only up to about twenty percent power. The remaining eighty percent had to come from Adam. Either from the food and water he ate or from his own body fat and he didn't want to resort to that. He was already hungry enough to eat a live rat and draining his body's reserves further just to increase combat effectiveness could bring him to starvation. Then he'd be too weak to move let alone fight and he wasn't about to let the enemy find him slumped in some corner of this sulfer-reeking cave wasting away.

He had been on the run for over two weeks and he still hadn't figured out how they found him. His cover story was airtight and he had played the DoD Contractor role perfectly. But someone, somewhere had found out who he was, reported him to Wolfpack's command and brought him in for “questioning.” It had been where all of this started but also the best part of his semi-successful escape. He could remember it all perfectly.

He walked into the head office of the base commander, escorted by two Wolfpack soldiers. He wasn't worried. He had to go everywhere with an escort as this was a frontline combat zone and the base commander had sent for him to answer questions on several DoD contracts already. All of that changed when Adam got there.

“Good morning Mr. Raven.” The commander said, in front of his desk from behind two more soldiers with M4's aimed at Adam. “I'm afraid I have some bad news. We've discovered that you've been lying to us. You are not a DoD contractor here to evaluate and propose an acquisition for Wolfpack services. You are a FOXHOUND agent sent to evaluate our facility for an incoming attack. Under Syrian law, our host country, foreign espionage of a private military contractor is immediate and nonnegotiable grounds for execution. You, Mr. Raven, are sentenced to be executed by firing squad. The sentence will be carried out now.”

“Good morning to you too Major.” Adam said in his medium tone, slightly raspy voice. Within miliseconds his foot long blades swung out from inside his mechanical forearms and his hyper-enhanced reflexes kicked into action. He charged both guards and stabbed them through the stomachs before they could engage. Both men fell and doubled over in bleeding pain, dropping their weapons. Adam grabbed one of the M4's mid-air and immediately shot four rounds into one of his escorts' chests. The man fell down dying and the other was shocked at what just happened. He hesitated for a fatal second, giving Adam just enough time to reel his carbine over and shoot the man between the eyes, killing him instantly. The major, armed with only a knife, struck Adam in the back but the blow was harmlessly deflected by his bolted-on body armor. Adam dropped his carbine, pulled out his blades again and stabbed the major through the throat, flecking Adam's face, beard and face-mounted sunglasses with blood. He knew he had to move fast or he'd be killed. Another solider, passing through on patrol, heard the gunfire in the office and saw Adam kill the major. The man wasted no time sounding the alarm and by the time Adam could break the door down and slice the man's throat hard enough to half-sever his head the entire facility was a chorus of blaring alarms. Things got insane after that but the details weren't important. All Adam cared about at the moment was that he was trapped in this cave and Wolfpack was still looking for him. The bastards were damn persistent and the communication he had with the Colonel this morning had pulled an entire squad to him. Their bodies now littered the entrance to the cave but it had taken the last of Adam's ammo and he couldn't hold off another assault in his condition.

Sudden footsteps got his attention. Someone had entered the cave and had found his trap. He had hung a simple bouquet of three grenades in a small crack in the ceiling, far enough from the light of the entrance to where it was not readily noticeable. The tripwire he had rigged to activate it however could be spotted and from what he could hear it sounded like it had been found. His new visitor had stopped walking and the slight creak of gear and shoe rubber told Adam that they were kneeling down. A quiet twung told him the tripwire had been cut and they were going to move deeper into the cave. Adam activated his cloak and crept along as quietly as he could. He was in a sort of ditch just below the pathway to the entrance so he could see and hear everything that went on without being seen himself. As he peeked over the stalactites, stalagmites and darkness that concealed him he was surprised at what he saw. He was expecting a squad of soldiers but saw only a single man. He was completely covered in gear, with his face obscured by a helmet, dust mask and sunglasses. He was Wolfpack. They had found him. Adam hadn't heard of any inbound friendlies from Campbell this morning and calling to ask again would only give away his position again, so he couldn't count on any reinforcements. He had to take this man out himself. If he found Adam he would alert his friends and they would kill him. But just before he moved to engage Adam noticed something very strange.

The man was pulling down his pants. He had sat down over a large crack in the floor, pulled down his pants and it looked like he was getting ready to poop? Yes. That was exactly what he was doing. He was relieving himself in Adam's cave. This was simultaneously the most disgusting and hilarious sight he had ever seen.

Using up the last of his power he sprinted over to him, extended his right blade and pinned him against the cave wall with his left arm just as his cloak gave out. He put his blade tip against the man's throat, ready to stab him in an instant, and used his legs to pin his shoulders to the wall so he couldn't go for a weapon. The man didn't cry out but his breathing became very panicked and Adam could practically see the embarrassment in his eyes behind his sunglasses. It's a good thing he was already going to the bathroom because he had just peed himself.

“Listen to me very carefully.” Adam growled. “If you try and scream or call for help I will slit your throat before you can get one word out. You are going to tell me who you are, what you're doing here, how you found me and where the rest of your unit is, in that order. If you do this I will let you go but you will leave all of your gear behind. Do you understand?”

“Y-Yes! I understand! Just please don't kill me!” The man said loudly. “Sazaki, Johnny A! Wolfpack Company A! First squad, second platoon! Field engineer and intelligence officer! I'm here because...well...I-I really needed to be alone a think about some things and I really had to go to the bathroom!”

“That much is obvious.” Adam said with a slight smile. This man was obviously a new recruit and from the sound of things he wasn't fitting in very well. “What sort of things did you need to think about Johnny?”

“Well...things are hard out here with the company. I got out of the army about a year ago and I was looking for some other work and Wolfpack pays way better for basically the same work I've been doing so I joined up. The problem is it's just not the same you know? The mission is just so...well...”

“Profiteering?” Adam added, never lowering his blade.

“Yeah! Profiteering! I mean, the stuff I saw when I was in the army...Praying Mantis, Beauty and the Beast, that fight between Liquid Ocelot and Solid Snake...”

“Seriously? You believe in those bullplops myths? How long did you serve rookie?”

“Hey! I'm no rookie! I served for Sixteen years. Mostly frontline service I'm a sixteen year vet.”

“Bullplops. Considering your dumbass position there's no way you're a sixteen year vet. You're in an active warzone and yet you go into a cave alone just to take a dump? Did you clean rifles all that time or are you really that stupid?”

“Hey! I've been through a lot of plops man! I'm kind of a slow learner I'll admit but I...uuurgghh...that was a big one.” A wet slosh told Adam more than he wanted to know about what Johnny was talking about. “Oh wow, that really felt good!”

“I...bet it did.” Adam said awkwardly. “Look, you're obviously an idiot with no business being a soldier, especially since you just told an enemy you're alone, so I'm gonna go outside and take whatever you drove out here with okay?”

“Well, I've got a bike outside but how am I gonna get back to base?”

“Guess you're gonna have to walk back. Don't worry, it'll give you plenty of time to think about 'stuff.' Later Johnny.” Adam walked out, now much more confidant in his ability to outsmart his enemy.

“Hey, wait a second!” Johnny yelled back. “Could you at least leave me some water? Hello? Hello!?”

But it was too late. Adam was gone. He had a motorcycle, an M4 and plenty of food, water and ammo to make his escape. The cave and mountains were separated from the city by open desert and there wasn't a soul in sight, but he knew Wolfpack was tracking him. He would have to find a safe place to contact the general and get extraction. He knew just the place: an old, abandoned PMC outpost inside the city. It was abandoned months ago when rebel elements against the new government first flared up and Wolfpack decided to cease all of its local recruitment efforts. A lot of foreign troops had been moved in since and that really got the militia stirred up. Adam and Wolfpack knew they were preparing for weeks and were able to help prepare the city's civilian population but it wasn't enough. Adam could hear from the explosions that things had finally boiled over and a lot of people were going to die today.

After about twenty minutes Adam was inside the city and was able to find the old outpost from memory. The fighting hadn't reached that part of the city yet and evading Wolfpack's deployed troops was easy. Something inside the base concerned him though. The old toll gate used to bar traffic was opened. It was closed and locked last time he checked and no one went in there. That was a mystery but not a shock. An open gate wasn't anything to get crazy about. What was a shock however was the three people standing outside the main recruitment building. A man and a woman both with neck length hair and wearing desert combat fatigues and a short-haired man wearing some sort of stealth suit. Adam had no idea who these people were but due to their uniforms they weren't with either side of the current battle. They were definitely foreigners, either American, Western European or Australian, but it was impossible to tell wich just from looking at them. Europe and Australia didn't have any business in Syria and the U.S had pulled its forces out months ago so if they still had people here what were they up to? Adam tried to analyze them, watch them as they talked but an explosion in the building right behind him turned their heads towards him. He tried to get behind the guard shack at the front gate but it was too late. One of them had seen him and was coming this way.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Yobanyi karas’ (fluffing moron) Nina swore to herself as she stared down at the screaming recruit on the ground in front of her. She had just delivered a particular nasty blow to his privets, a blow that he should have been able to block.

“Again!” she yelled in the American accent she had worn for more than three months since infiltrating the Wolfpack compound. The recruit continued to rock back and forth, clutching his balls. Nina kicked him.

“Get up!” she ordered bluntly. Nina was in no mood to pander to recruits today. She knew the end for her and Yuri's mission was drawing near and she was aching to get out of this cesspit of a desert.

“Ah, Ma'am” a blonde haired recruit said tentatively from the circle of onlookers “I don't think he can”. Nina squatted down with perfect balance, her bare toes digging into the rubber matting. She grabbed the recruit by the chin and looked him in the eye.

“Why are you here?” she demanded. The young man shook his head which caused Nina to hiss with anger. She shoved away from him and stood.

“Class is over. Take him to the medic” she said stoically and stormed off to the female changing rooms. She stripped off her sweaty gym clothes and headed for the showers. Nina let the water wash over her as she stood under the shower head, face upturned towards the torrent of water. She relaxed until an almost forgotten sound buzzed in her head.

"Deep Copperhead and Caspian Cobra, this is Vexing Snake. We will soon approach the base so we will need a distraction. You and Caspian create a distraction and have chaos ensue. The longer the better. I'll leave up to you both. You two snakes know what to do. Vexing Snake out." His fingers floated from his codec to the satellite picture as well as the blue print obtained by the deep cover team. Copperhead and Caspian are the best deep cover team there is. They could infiltrate the CIA, which they have. They swore to protect their country, foreign and domestic. One might ask why would two Russians help the U.S and consider it their country? You could say they are also protecting the motherland from these threats but these two Ruskies are loyal to the cause and two the employer. SNAKE PIT is not just a team, but a code among brothers and sisters.

“Polucheno (received)”

Wolfbane

"Deep Copperhead and Caspian Cobra, this is Vexing Snake. We will soon approach the base so we will need a distraction. You and Caspian create a distraction and have chaos ensue. The longer the better. I'll leave up to you both. You two snakes know what to do. Vexing Snake out." His fingers floated from his codec to the satellite picture as well as the blue print obtained by the deep cover team. Copperhead and Caspian are the best deep cover team there is. They could infiltrate the CIA, which they have. They swore to protect their country, foreign and domestic. One might ask why would two Russians help the U.S and consider it their country? You could say they are also protecting the motherland from these threats but these two Ruskies are loyal to the cause and two the employer. SNAKE PIT is not just a team, but a code among brothers and sisters.

“Polucheno (received)”

"Alright. This is yet another CQC training drill. If you passed the other drill with Red than you should be able to pass this. There will be two drills; wood and stun. In the wood portion we will be using wooden knifes to train, nothing dangerous. Once we get a few down for the day it will be time to use the stun knives. Who will be my first partner to show to the class?" There was a silence that dropped throughout the recruits. The last thing they wanted to do was get beaten yet again and this time with the risk of being stunned again and again.

Nina must have really beat the stupid out of these morons. Potseluy menya v zad , Nina. Kiss my ass, Nina. How can I teach these whelps a damn thing if they don't want to spar in the first place. Holy pl*ps! I mean... Zaebis! Now I'm thinking in American accent! His eyes snapped out of concern and onto a cocky recruit who was laughing and boasting instead of paying attention to what he was saying, which annoyed him to no end. If someone is showing you something important then you be quiet and observe. A arm extended and pointed at the recruit who stopped and met eyes with Yuri.

"Lets go, front and center. So you think you got what it takes and know how to dance? Then pick up the knife. For this exercise both combatants will each have a knife. I will be using my sparring Karambit while all of you will be using a straight blade for this lesson. Now let's begin and see if this boy can perform like a man." The recruit snarled and entered with a strong jab, which Yuri answered to with a wrist lock and digging the curve of his Karambit in the crease of the arm. He wrenched the wrist and spun the cocky recruit around to face the class with a smile.

"Its not always about power. It takes precision and remembering to stay calm and fluid, like water." The cocky soldier tried to to reverse the hold but was only spun around to the other trainees before Yuri placed his foot behind the man's and spinning him to the ground and violently wrenched the man's hand, making him drop the knife and right as he kicked it away it looked like a pistol. He subtly shook the image away trying not to let another one of his visions to freak him out. Yuri has been suffering a form of PTSD by seeing faces of lost ones or people he has killed for dirty reasons. If it's not faces its something that isn't there. The man was crying and tapping from Yuri's lock and successfully made the training scarier. The Russian looked down at his opponent and let go to help him up.

"You ought to be happy you are not Russian. Spetsnaz will spar without pads and without holding back." His accent slipped making the men raise their eyebrows for a moment. "The man who taught me was a Russian. Mean ole bastard but once I knew how to beat him he wasn't so much of a prick..." His ear started to vibrate and the sound began to play as well as a voice. "What the hell are you standing around for? Get to it before I run my boot so far up your ass you'll taste the dirt off the sole."

“Polucheno (received)” There was a slight pause between Nina's answer due to the codec. This way there will be no confusion. The sound of running water could be heard as well as a locker closing. She must be done with her class.

"Da, polucheno." The codec called ended and Yuri quickly darted his eyes back to the trainees to make sure he was not spotted and made his way to the gym where the two operatives can spar while discretely talking without curious ears. The two have been undercover for three months and while it may not be too long the fact that they are posing as PMC hired senior soldiers that it could be considered deep. There were a few Russians amongst the ranks it would be easy to find that they were plants. If the accents they could pose as a typical western mercenary. It was also a good way to keep their accent sharp and to learn to try not sound like Vlad from a typical KGB spy movie. God, does Yuri hate cliches.

Yuri walked into the gym and leaned against the doorway of the female changing room and knocked three times, each knock separated in a distinct fashion, conjuring a knock from the changing room telling him that she was in the room.

"You know I have to train the ones you either didn't kick the hell out of or the cocky ones who got lucky. You up for a few rounds? It would give us some time to practice and catch up." Yuri emphasized the latter term to let her know about the plan as well as be a little cheeky. Don't mix business with pleasure, people always tell him. What if your business is your pleasure and you happen to find a partner to share both?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Nina dressed quickly after the Codec message ended. She knew Yuri would come looking for her immediately to discuss their options. What she hadn't told him, was that she already had a plan. She was nervous but resolved that this was the only way for their mission to be successful. She slid into her khakis just as she heard the knock on the door. Nina replied, letting Yuri know she was alone in the changing rooms, which wasn't a hard thing, there weren't that many women in Wolfpack.

"You know I have to train the ones you either didn't kick the hell out of or the cocky ones who got lucky. You up for a few rounds? It would give us some time to practice and catch up." Nina smirked for a second, then opened the door and ushered Yuri inside. She noticed he was surprised to see her fully dressed already.

"You are one to talk" she said as she slid her knife into its holder. "How many did you send to the medic this week?" she stood and turned towards him,
    took a breath and continued on. "Anyway, we don't have time for this small talk. Vex needs a distraction and I know how to give him one" She held up her hand. "Let me finish before you object. You're going to kill me"...

Nina quickly filled Yuri in of her plan. She had been going over it for the last month and the more she picked through each detail, everything that could go wrong, changing her mind and adding something else, the more she knew it would work. She was going to have Yuri take her to the Commander's office, exposing her as a spy, which in all honesty, was the truth. Yuri was then to convince the Commander that it was necessary to gather all personal in one place to interrogate, to weed out any more potential threats. Yuri was then to seemingly kill her and dump her body out beyond the compound, where she would then be able to take his Security Key and rendezvous with the rest of Snakepit. She knew Yuri would not like her plan at all, maybe even refuse to do it, so she had every argument covered with come backs.

"...Oh and now, you're going to have to hit me." When she finished she waited for his response. They stood in silence for an agonisingly long time.

Wolfbane

"You are one to talk" she said as she slid her knife clicked into the sheath. "How many did you send to the medic this week?" she stood and turned towards him,taking a deep breath hinting that something bad was going to happen, "Anyway, we don't have time for this small talk. Vex needs a distraction and I know how to give him one" She held a finger over his lips,"Let me finish before you object. You're going to kill me..."

The two stared at each other as the heavy and antagonizing silence fell between them. "You're going to have to hit me..."

Was this a joke? This had to be a joke, albeit not a funny one, but still a joke. Kill her? Kill not only his war partner but his lover? The love of his life? His huntress?His kotenok- his kitten. Why would she think this was a good idea?

"Absolutely not. There is plenty of other solutions better than this. I... I can't even imagine killing you, let alone actually doing it. No! What if I do actually kill you? I can't be alone, not in this weak and pathetic world. I...I just-" A soft finger laid over his lips as she pursed her lips together to silence and calm him down.

"Quiet, moy volk. You won't kill me, it will just appear that way. Do what I say and we can finally get out of here." She gently cupped her wolf's face, looking into his concerned eyes knowing what she is asking him to do.

Yuri clenched his fist and punched her in the stomach, then kneed her in the face before pulling a zip cuff he had for a practice demonstration for the recruits. He brushed her hair out of her eyes and kissed her like he did something horrible to her, which he did. He grabbed her by the arms and made his way to the commander's office. He leaned in closer and whispered softly in her ear and touched her gently.

"Please forgive me, my huntress. I do not mean to hurt an angel." He opened the door and kicked her inside the office and yanked her head up by her hair, showing her bruised face off to the commander of Wolfpack.

"Looks like we have a spy amongst us. I caught her sending information as well as leaving dead drops just outside of her walls."

"Very good, Grey Wolf. Was she the only one?"

"Highly unlikely sir. I suggest we gather most of the personnel in the gym and interrogate them thoroughly. With your permission I'd like to take care and clean up this filth."

"Permission granted. I'll go round up the personnel myself.... After I watch. I always like a good show."

Yuri swallowed hard and proceeded to lay into her, punch after punch, making her face red and swollen. He kicked her stomach harder and harder causing her spit up blood before he yanked her up by her hair and began to wrap his hands around her neck, tears rolling down his face. He tightened his grip around the woman who saved him more times than he could count. With each gasp for air he choked back more tears, trying not to blow his cover while he strangles his lover to the edge of death. Nina's legs were convulsing, feet trying to dig into the wood floor. The two locked eyes and Yuri could see himself crying in hers, he gradually loosened his grip so she could inhale one last gulp of air and held her breath, her augmentations kicking in before he dropped her at his feet and wiped the tears away acting like it was sweat.

"Such a good show. I'd have some fun with her myself but I'm afraid work awaits. Dump in the back. I'll make sure to radio the guards about you."

"Very good sir. Thank you." He bowed his head, cut the zip cuff and threw Nina over his shoulders like trash, which even hurt him so. If Nina ever died Yuri would would snap; Nina is one of the only things worth living for and she is the only person that knows that he sees things that aren't there, faces of people he's killed or objects taking the form of other things. Yuri was her Wolf just as Nina was his cat-his panther- his huntress. Without her he'd be a wild beast, a blood thirst animal.He reached outside just on the outer walls and fell to his knees to hold and cradle her damaged face. Then it started; the crying. tear after tear rolled down his face and onto hers, through the blood on her face. Blood that he drew. Blood that was on his hands. This was blood that he drew by harming her not from love or sparring, but by kneeing her in the face and kicking her stomach in, like some junkie or some punk kid who stole from the wrong people.

"Nina, wake up. God damn it Nina wake up!!! Don't leave me without you, I can't fight the abyss alone! Please, Kitten. Don't fl*ffing do this to me, god! I will rip the heavens in two and make sure you bleed for this!" For just a moment he forgot about everything; the mission, the objective and even the fact that her augmentations were helping her hold her breath while looking dead. No, she is gone in his arms and the pain was worse than that of any bullet.

A soft hand reached up and cupped his face with a smile. All Yuri could do was avert his gaze from her, ashamed that he had hurt her. Nina turned his face and wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"There there, little pup. I'm alright." She grabbed his keycard and the two held each other close. Closer than they had been in the past three months of being undercover.

"This is Caspian Cobra. All personnel are in the gym being interrogated due to the fabricated story of multiple spies amongst themselves. It should take some time so you are clear to Infil, over."

"Acknowledged. We knew you'd get the job done. Be there ASAP. Vex over and out." His hand lowered and rested on the table and his eyes intently caught sight of a man that was staring and standing in place, more than likely waiting until he was done on the codec. He pushed off the table and walked over to the man while the sound of Kenzi could be heard behind him.

"Bryce Montarello at your service." The man held out his hand in a mocking manner which was not met in kind.

"You have no name on this mission, none of us do, Adder. You are at my service so I expect you to listen and not go AWOL. If you do you'll have a big problem. After all I control your sentence and freedom. I've killed for a lot less." The two went their separate ways Vex took his post by Kenzi who loudly sighed and kicked at the sand like a child wanting a toy at a store.

"Can I have a light now?"

"Negative, Taipan. Relax and focus on the task at hand." He turned and smiled as she gave him the finger and going back to analyzing the routes in.

"Glad you could make it in time, Python. We made contact with our deep cover team and they will provide us a distraction. Time to get acquainted to the team. The sharpshooter is Inland Taipan, the one in the far off is Death Adder and I'm Vexing Snake. We should be able to move out shortly."

At the base Yuri helped Nina up and wrapped her arm around his neck and they made their way to the gate where there was always two guards posted along with the security system. He gently sat Nina down and both withdrew their respected knives out and like two wolves made their way to the guards. Nina hugged a wall while Yuri casually walked up to the checkpoint and convinced the guards to leave the post and take a smoke break. Throughout the operation they both made it a point to befriend every checkpoint guard and anyone else just in case they needed to pull them away. Luckily the two Reds hated most of the men here who killed Russian civilians and soldiers in other conflicts. There wasn't a lot of people they liked in the PMC. Right as the first guard was pulled to the ground by the neck Yuri sank his karambit in the base of the skull of the second guard, neither made a sound. As he hid the bodies Nina flipped the camera's off and opened the doors. Yuri radioed in to the others shortly after.

"This is Caspian, over. The gates and cameras are deactivated. Everyone else are isolated in the gym. We'll meet you by the gate."

"Acknowledged. Good work you two. Alright team, let's move out!" the sound of various voices and weapons being readied could be heard. Now it was time to act.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts