Siding with the vampires is a good choice.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
Why are they 'evil' anyways? Just another race trying to survive. You could say the Dawnguard are evil in Vampire culture due to them not wanting to do anything but kill Vampire lol.
All comes down to perspective, the pious believe anything that runs counter or against their beliefs has to be evil,because they believe their way is correct in the eyes of their God.Morality is the cause of many disputes and delays in advancement.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
The problem I have is that the Vampires ASK you to MURDER. The Dawnguard allow you to do an evil thing only in order to do good.

Lewsean

The problem I have is that the Vampires ASK you to MURDER. The Dawnguard allow you to do an evil thing only in order to do good.
See that's the thing.. Why is it 'good' for the Dawnguard to kill, but not Vampires?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
See that's the thing.. Why is it 'good' for the Dawnguard to kill, but not Vampires?
If what the vamps do is "evil" is that not like saying a sabre cat is "evil" because it is following it's own predatory instincts? Admittedly, some of the things that the vamps do seem to be rather arbitrary and unnecessary which would be "evil", but much of what both the Vigilan of Stendar and the Dawnguard do is "evil" in my opinion. The just hunt down anything that doesn't fit their dogma regardless of whether their victim is actually doing anything "evil" or not. An example would be the Vigilan chasing down a single vamp in the wilds who is obviously terrified and running away and using every trick in the book to evade them when there is no-one and nothing about that could possibly be their "victim". I always end up feeling sorry for the poor vamp.

J

Jeremius

Do you have problems with the Dark Brotherhood side then, or do you always just choose to kill them all?

I think what he is saying is that the Vampires want you simply kill, while the Dawnguard allows you to actually kill legally when you have to kill a vampire in a city or something.

Jurgarik Greycloak

There is a difference. the Vampires ask you to murder for no real good reason. The Dawnguard ask you to kill for a specific reason, to protect people.

Daelon DuLac

There is a difference. the Vampires ask you to murder for no real good reason. The Dawnguard ask you to kill for a specific reason, to protect people.
Uhm... the vamps ask you to kill for good reasons: territory, revenge, feeding, etc... At least World Domination is a noble goal. What good reason does the Dawnguard have other than a religious conviction or something. I maintain that the Dawnguard and the Vigilan of Stendarr are nothing but religious fanatics and I do not abide by religious fanatics.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Uhm... the vamps ask you to kill for good reasons: territory, revenge, feeding, etc... At least World Domination is a noble goal. What good reason does the Dawnguard have other than a religious conviction or something. I maintain that the Dawnguard and the Vigilan of Stendarr are nothing but religious fanatics and I do not abide by religious fanatics.

You have the right to your opinion. I have the right to believe that Territory, Revenge, putting fear into the hearts of the people of Skyrim are not good reasons.

Daelon DuLac

You have the right to your opinion. I have the right to believe that Territory, Revenge, putting fear into the hearts of the people of Skyrim are not good reasons.
Absolutely! To each his own. :) Of course, you realize, even without any of the three we mentioned, there's ever chance that your Dragonborn is putting fear in the hearts of the people of Skyrim anyway. Okay, maybe fear in the hearts of the bad guys (bandits, highwaymen, evil mages, etc...), but it's still fear. :)

Bulldog

And I ask again because I am curious. Do you join the Dark Brotherhood? They kill for profit and put fear into the hearts of the people of Skyrim.

Lewsean

The Vampires ask you to kill to take attention off of them.. In what way is that any different than the Dawnguard asking you to kill to bring attention to the Vampires? Humans naturally see anything as an immediate threat towards us as 'evil' because we're too naive.

Jurgarik Greycloak

And I ask again because I am curious. Do you join the Dark Brotherhood? They kill for profit and put fear into the hearts of the people of Skyrim.
I do on characters that fit it. If my characters are good people, no.

Jurgarik Greycloak

The Vampires ask you to kill to take attention off of them.. In what way is that any different than the Dawnguard asking you to kill to bring attention to the Vampires? Humans naturally see anything as an immediate threat towards us as 'evil' because we're too naive.

Vampires are not innocent civillians, unlike the targets the vampires have you murder.

Daelon DuLac

Vampires are not innocent civillians, unlike the targets the vampires have you murder.
There are no innocent Civilians in Skyrim! Every last one of them has an ulterior motive and will rob you blind (I'm kidding, but, even Danika wants something from you :)). Especially those dern children. Nasty little cretins. (yeah - sell me overpriced flowers ya little twerp - where'd ya get them? everything is covered in snow!). Especially that Braith and the Jarls kids. Nasty!

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
I never side with the vampires in any case, however I disagree that vampires are all monsters and guilty. Just because they are vampires, doesn't mean they are uncivil or unreasonable. Dangerous? Absolutely, but who isn't in Skyrim? You can find an old lady in the wilderness who greets you and treats you kindly, but if you dare explore her cabin she will start to kill you for no reason!

But even if they are vampires I still respect them, such as that one vampire who sell logs to you. What's her name again?

Jurgarik Greycloak

There are no innocent Civilians in Skyrim! Every last one of them has an ulterior motive and will rob you blind (I'm kidding, but, even Danika wants something from you :)). Especially those dern children. Nasty little cretins. (yeah - sell me overpriced flowers ya little twerp - where'd ya get them? everything is covered in snow!). Especially that Braith and the Jarls kids. Nasty!

None of the civillians in Skyrim actually commit any crimes. The Dawnguard give you the option to murder a vampire or to rob one to prove that it is a vampire. The vampires give no other options, except murder a civillian who is minding their own business.

Daelon DuLac

None of the civillians in Skyrim actually commit any crimes. The Dawnguard give you the option to murder a vampire or to rob one to prove that it is a vampire. The vampires give no other options, except murder a civillian who is minding their own business.
FAH! I murder civilians that are minding their own business all the time. I want their stuff! But, then again, it's not like I ever play "good" characters. They're boring.

I am beginning to understand why I'm on a 6 month break from Skyrim and have, as yet, not really missed it. Although, I'll admit, it's light years ahead of Final Fantasy. :)

Lewsean

Proving my point post by post. You only see them as evil and not innocent because what they do is directly threatning to humans, having something overtake us in the food chain is a no go, thus they are 'evil'. When in fact everything they do is in the interest in self preservation, which is more than I can say for the Dawnguard. Most Vampires don't even want the prophecy of the sun to come true, as it's more of a danger to them than a benefit because they are so few in number.

Daelon DuLac

Proving my point post by post. You only see them as evil and not innocent because what they do is directly threatning to humans, having something overtake us in the food chain is a no go, thus they are 'evil'. When in fact everything they do is in the interest in self preservation, which is more than I can say for the Dawnguard. Most Vampires don't even want the prophecy of the sun to come true, as it's more of a danger to them than a benefit because they are so few in number.
Interesting point. Even today, say, if a bear or a lion hunts a human we call them "evil". Are they truly evil? I think not. They're just being what their nature dictates. We humans like to think of ourselves as the top of everything and that everything else should be subjugated to our needs and wants. It goes back to the old judeo/christian idea that everything was put on the earth to serve us. Personally, I do not agree with that at all.

You are right about the prophecy thing too. After all, Valerica certainly doesn't seem to think it's a great idea and she is a vampire after all, a very old and powerful one made by Molag Bol directly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts