Spoiler Side Quest: March of the Dead (lots of spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saozig

Hippy
***To get this quest, you need to head along the beach south of the docks where you arrived at in Raven Rock. As you head toward the farm icon in your compass, you'll encounter a Dunmer guard captain, Veleth, battling ash spawn, help him defeat the spawn and then talk to him. He'll ask you to help investigate the spawn and the farm and when you find something of interest, he'll give you this quest.

OK, this was a short side quest, but I liked it! The final battle was Captain Falx Carius was REALLY tough for my lv 31 Dark Elf on adept level. The Become Ethereal shout and all the extra healing potions I bought came in real handy! Also sooooo glad I brought Marcurio along because he was just pummeling the ash spawn with shock spells while I focused on killing the captain before he killed me, which was funny because if it wasn't for the stupid little quest arrow on the captain's head, I would have lost him amid the flashes of lighting from Marcurio's spells and the fire from the ash spawn. It was totes cray-cray in there, y'all! I think having a weapon with a stamina damage enchantment really helped, as it slowed him down (first time I just ran in there like a n00b and he pawned me in a half-second). d

The weapon you loot off of Carius is nice: "Champion's Cudgel" -- a Nordic warhammer with an enchantment for 50% chance for each element of fire, frost and shock to do 39 points of damage (don't know if this is leveled--my char was at lv 31--32 after that fight!) . No wonder he was pounding my Dark Elf so badly!

Also when I went back to Veleth to inform him Carius was taken care of, I got a 2500 gold reward and now everyone in Raven Rock loves me for killing all the ash spawn.

And yeah, iI admit, all those coffins kind of creeped me out. Kept expecting vampires to show up :p

Saozig

Hippy
It was in the knapsack in the room of coffins with the wooden bar/table in the middle, where you find the journal that explains what happened to Carius. The knapsack is on the floor, leaning up against the front of the bar. That's where I found the key.

Saozig

Hippy
Given how hopped up on Red Bull I was, I'm surprised I didn't miss it myself! :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts