• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
This is a rant thread, in the words of Heath Ledger, "And here we go"
Im level 26, i did dawnguard at level 9, did destroy dawnguard mission at level 13, and im still getting attacked by the dawnguard every other in game day, im sick of it, your turn someone

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
lol.. Well I hate Vampire attacks! I have had whole cities nearly entirely cleaned out due to those blood suckers. One playthrough I lost nearly all of my smiths. Another time I was running towards the city gates during the battle for Whiterun and came upon a whole heap of dead towns folk plus a couple of vampires. Happened without me even being there to defend them. I was like.. "WTF?"o_O One lone guard stood in the middle of the carnage, no doubt wondering the very same thing.

Dawnstar.... I had just lost the smith in a dragon attack and then I hear more unrest and some vamps decide to attack.. the smiths pregnant widow runs off to take on the vampires, with no more than an iron dagger... "Wait! Think of your unborn child!" I cry out, but she is too grief stricken by the death of her hunny-bun I guess. There goes my smithy connection in Dawnstar...

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
They are annoying because their gear lets them resist your attacks. Also their high armour rating means that I often had to resort to VL form. They always attacked when I fast travel to Castle Volkihar, which is awfully brave of them.

But are they a nuisance? Well, THEY don't attack settlements, and their loot is good (only way Vamps can get Crossbows). TBH I wore Dawnguard armour when Harkon kept kicking my ass (he is tough to kill as a a Volkihar). I might end up thralling some of them...

Sah

this one has had 1 vampire attack in 127 levels o_O (first attack around level 98)....every one in all the city is still alive :beermug:

How you say?...covering every one with Butter & Feathers works ;) (big chickens)...or just install a MOD :oops:

Timing is Everything - Quest Delay & Timing Control by kryptopyr (Nexus)....dose exactly what the name says :eek:

this one when she started her curent game...removed all the level activation defaults from Dragonborn & Dawnguardo_O...still have not met the 2 Dragonborn Cult guys with the letter!:rolleyes:
as soon as this one kills Alduin:blackdragon:....they will automatically activate....then just play as normal. :D

it also has sections for all the other Quest Lines, this one dose not use those just the above configurations
:ashstab:

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Umm, well. Just some advice to people, as soon as you complete the first mission of Dawnguard, the Vampire attacks cease/VERY rarely happen. :)

Just yesterday, I lost Angier Once-Honored. He didn't matter much, but I naturally save as many people as I can.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Since I use Whiterun as my hub, I exited the dialogue with the Ebony Warrior as soon as he initiated it. Now he camps by the gate rubbing his sword. Do the math.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Since I use Whiterun as my hub, I exited the dialogue with the Ebony Warrior as soon as he initiated it. Now he camps by the gate rubbing his sword. Do the math.
Wait....you can do that? I want my own Whiterun defender! :sadface:

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Wait....you can do that? I want my own Whiterun defender! :sadface:
Yep! Just shrug him off when he tries to enter dialogue and he will chill. He has the same alignment as the guards, it seems like, and he can detect you even when muffled by 100%, invisible, and stealth buffs, so.... yeah. He just sits in front of the gate and admires his sword. I also leave the two Redguard Warriors who come looking for Saadia there as well, as they are essential and can't die at that point. Just exit dialogue with them immediately as well.

My Whiterun is now the most well defended city in Skyrim.

JoeReese

That's freaking outstanding. I usually have the two "surviving" redguards standing around, but then I'm on PC and I use console or ck to drop extra guards around the towns.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts