Shoutbox Etiquette: Open Thread for Suggestions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Hmmmm.... I can't see the pic because the link is broken for me. You should be able to just click on where it says "Shoutbox" at the right of the screen (at the top of the "shoutbox" window), or click on the message bar underneath the shoutbox. Not sure if it might be some kind of glitch or what.... maybe try signing out and signing back in? Not sure if that would help...

Stalker

Hmmmm.... I can't see the pic because the link is broken for me. You should be able to just click on where it says "Shoutbox" at the right of the screen (at the top of the "shoutbox" window), or click on the message bar underneath the shoutbox. Not sure if it might be some kind of glitch or what.... maybe try signing out and signing back in? Not sure if that would help...

Nope can't get in! Maybe I will contact an admin and see if they know, thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 10308057_825169182904_4608585417099447511_n.jpg
    10308057_825169182904_4608585417099447511_n.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Stupid question but are you logged in? Because thats how it looks when you aren't

Press on Shoutbox and see if it works. Or contact the admin

Stalker

Stupid question but are you logged in? Because thats how it looks when you aren't

Press on Shoutbox and see if it works. Or contact the admin

Yeah I'm logged in, also tried clicking ShoutBox, just texted Rayven so maybe she will know!

Stalker

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
So I come here after being gone since new years (I seem to be vanishing for months on end these days) and I try to talk in shout box, but the enter message bar has seemingly vanished. Anyone figure out the fix it? Seems this is a common issue.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Since people can't send messages when they join, but can later on, I think there is an amount of posts you have to make to enter the shoutbox. Maybe around 30 or something? The past few months we have been dealing with lots of trolls so this way they maybe keep them out of the sb.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
So I come here after being gone since new years (I seem to be vanishing for months on end these days) and I try to talk in shout box, but the enter message bar has seemingly vanished. Anyone figure out the fix it? Seems this is a common issue.
Weird. You are one of the older members so it cannot be a lack of messages. The website has beeb acting up lots so maybe it is just a temporary error? You could message Rayven about it.

JoeReese

The site has been really wonky for me the last few weeks, and it frequently signs me back out just by changing pages, even though I have it set to stay logged in. If you can't post in the sb, try clicking to maximize it and then sign in again. That may or may not work for you, or it may work and then stop working. I have no idea why, but I often have to sign in 2-3 times an hour, just to keep being able to do my thing.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Sounds like server jumping. I remember this used to happen a lot about a year ago. We would have two large groups of people in the sb (up to 50 people altogether) and a few people from one group could see people in the other group talking every once in a while, but they could not see our posts.

Maybe SF is a portal to some kind of alternate dimension, where two different realities happen at once.

rodserling.jpg

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Sounds like server jumping. I remember this used to happen a lot about a year ago. We would have two large groups of people in the sb (up to 50 people altogether) and a few people from one group could see people in the other group talking every once in a while, but they could not see our posts.

Maybe SF is a portal to some kind of alternate dimension, where two different realities happen at once.

rodserling.jpg

....wait..what? Now there are two different realities??
Great. Just my luck I'm on the wrong side..

Reaper87

吉光
(Hopefully this is posted in the right place, I apologise if it is not.)

How can I change the colour of my username (as it appears) in the shoutbox/general threads?

Thanks in advance :D

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

How can I change the colour of my username (as it appears) in the shoutbox/general threads?

Hey Reaper. Just send Rayven a private convo and she'll take care of it.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

Thanks for the points, man. Tried thanking you on your page, but access denied. lol Yeah, not only can she change the color, she can also put cool logos there, too. Like my Flyers one and Bruynzeel's billiards ball. :beermug:

Reaper87

吉光
Thanks for the points, man. Tried thanking you on your page, but access denied. lol Yeah, not only can she change the color, she can also put cool logos there, too. Like my Flyers one and Bruynzeel's billiards ball. :beermug:

Thanks dunklunk, and I will make it so people can post on my page, don't know why it was like the way it was :D

Also, do you have to be a specific rank/have a high reputation to get little icon things?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
The custom icons are only for the old "premium" members. Color changes are for anyone.

Unfortunately, we did have to put in some shoutbox restrictions due to some extremely unsavory spam. The shoutbox will unlock on its own after certain criteria are met. Members can send me a message if they have any questions about this.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts