Should PC, PS3 users boycott Dawnguard???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
yea
i never said they were lying, i just said "unless they were lying" i don't think they were lying at all.

and i don't think they aren't trying to finish it, i just don't think they are prioritising it.
yeah bethesda is purposely leaving dawnguard off of PS3 because they do not actually want money, you see the truth is they have a secret agenda to piss off all PS3 owners so that they never want to give bethesda money again because bethesda want to be less rich.

stagnant94

yea

yeah bethesda is purposely leaving dawnguard off of PS3 because they do not actually want money, you see the truth is they have a secret agenda to piss off all PS3 owners so that they never want to give bethesda money again because bethesda want to be less rich.
no, you have twisted my words. sure they want the money, but they said themselves they were working on other things and so couldn't work on the playstation. now i have no problem with them working on other stuff but it would be nice if they had a devote team working on the playsation instead.

no, you have twisted my words. sure they want the money, but they said themselves they were working on other things and so couldn't work on the playstation. now i have no problem with them working on other stuff but it would be nice if they had a devote team working on the playsation instead.
Now you are twisting bethesda's words, they said they had a team working on the PS3 issue, but that they also have other teams working on other projects.

romulus

Now you are twisting bethesda's words, they said they had a team working on the PS3 issue, but that they also have other teams working on other projects.

tell you what twisting words or not he's right. fact is anybody who's pissed is right. it is utterly tiring listening to people bitch. then do nothing. players on the pc made their exodus back inside Bethesdas skirt so quickly when the DLC released they literally stopped whatever their angy post was to input( __yay we got dawnguard!). I don't understand gamers sometimes. your all so fractured. some of you fight about who has the best console so frequently it's like watching the twilight movies with game systems instead of actors. it's that near sightedness that allows them to get way with arrogant crap. some of you say it's no big deal an to be patient. when is something that is as questionable as this in terms of fairness and every other conceivable way no big deal. plus I'd say they've been plenty patient. in a way your right though. it is no big deal. it's INSULTING. some of you say this is the way it is or Bethesda's a company and it can do what ever it wants with its product. to the first NOTHING is that concrete or infallible. You could hurt them with your money, the only true form of protest today. but you won't because it won't change anything, you think. yet how will buying it knowing that something stinks change you. to the second everything I said in regards to the first pretty much applies. the list goes on. msny of you have isolated yourselves from the majority which has the most power and for what? I have no friggin clue. the first dividing line is which console. then from there it's preferred game genre's then playing styles. then it moves here to the Internet where solidarity seem's possible but the most lethal dividing line is opinion. why do so many of you have to have the other things in common and then have the same opinion just to do anything in tandem. can't you just do it because your looking out for one of your own! and that's why many say a boycott is useless. gamers could be the most xenophobic culture I have ever seen. fortunately we prey on our own it seem's so whatever. hell I don't freaking know maybe I'm just not a good gamer. food for thought though when it comes to money. half the money in my wallet could pay a hacker to give me Pete Hines info phone, address the whole taco. half of the other half could fly him here and feed him. and the last piece could overpay a day labourer at home depot to meet us and stomp on his foot. so those of you who do stop friggin saying things are the way the our because it's the laziest type of thinking out there.

tell you what twisting words or not he's right. fact is anybody who's pissed is right. it is utterly tiring listening to people bitch. then do nothing. players on the pc made their exodus back inside Bethesdas skirt so quickly when the DLC released they literally stopped whatever their angy post was to input( __yay we got dawnguard!). I don't understand gamers sometimes. your all so fractured. some of you fight about who has the best console so frequently it's like watching the twilight movies with game systems instead of actors. it's that near sightedness that allows them to get way with arrogant crap. some of you say it's no big deal an to be patient. when is something that is as questionable as this in terms of fairness and every other conceivable way no big deal. plus I'd say they've been plenty patient. in a way your right though. it is no big deal. it's INSULTING. some of you say this is the way it is or Bethesda's a company and it can do what ever it wants with its product. to the first NOTHING is that concrete or infallible. You could hurt them with your money, the only true form of protest today. but you won't because it won't change anything, you think. yet how will buying it knowing that something stinks change you. to the second everything I said in regards to the first pretty much applies. the list goes on. msny of you have isolated yourselves from the majority which has the most power and for what? I have no friggin clue. the first dividing line is which console. then from there it's preferred game genre's then playing styles. then it moves here to the Internet where solidarity seem's possible but the most lethal dividing line is opinion. why do so many of you have to have the other things in common and then have the same opinion just to do anything in tandem. can't you just do it because your looking out for one of your own! and that's why many say a boycott is useless. gamers could be the most xenophobic culture I have ever seen. fortunately we prey on our own it seem's so whatever. hell I don't freaking know maybe I'm just not a good gamer. food for thought though when it comes to money. half the money in my wallet could pay a hacker to give me Pete Hines info phone, address the whole taco. half of the other half could fly him here and feed him. and the last piece could overpay a day labourer at home depot to meet us and stomp on his foot. so those of you who do stop friggin saying things are the way the our because it's the laziest type of thinking out there.

You think bethesda is doing this out of arrogance? You think they don't want to sell their product to make more money? you think they are doing this on purpose to be unfair to PS3 users? The fact is they are having difficulties getting it to work on the PS3 because it has some a strange hardware format, thats not arrogance, thats not unfairness, that just life, sometimes things just don't work right. You can call us xenophobic or fanboys or whatever, but you sir thinking that bethesda is losing money for fun and arrogance just shows that you are simply stupid.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!

tumblr_m89j23VuAV1r60moa.gif

romulus

You think bethesda is doing this out of arrogance? You think they don't want to sell their product to make more money? you think they are doing this on purpose to be unfair to PS3 users? The fact is they are having difficulties getting it to work on the PS3 because it has some a strange hardware format, thats not arrogance, thats not unfairness, that just life, sometimes things just don't work right. You can call us xenophobic or fanboys or whatever, but you sir thinking that bethesda is losing money for fun and arrogance just shows that you are simply stupid.

god Allah and Oprah help me this could take minute. get mad if you want. just telling you how I see it. on the subject of their arrogance however I never said they were doing this because they are arrogant. I'm saying this is happening the way it's happening now because they are arrogant. it's not a motivation it's an accusation. though your welcome to disagree if you feel different. I feel arrogance is one potential reason a dlc release is turning into a sideshow. who can say maybe it's just Hines. I say arrogant because it fit's, (especially hines). if a student studies for a test for one hour when he is advised to and given three months to study he will likely fail. say a thousand people ponder that. words that are likely to come up are lazy, stupid, and or arrogant. which kinda resemble each other when you consider it. because he was arrogant enough to assume that single hour would have been enough. this happens in the business sector more than you could imagine. why devote six month's to making a billion dollars when you could make just over half in four who's gonna care. a million stories, an you already know a few. short sighted or arrogant, again they look a lot alike. i met a guy once friggin genious and we were waiting in the same lobby of an office. this guy took the guts of gaming consoles and made them portable like a gameboy. even made a pinball machine themed after bill paxton. he said these consoles were just parts and code. and as he had 98 odd percent of the parts already the real work was the code and that it always took a little time but not much more than a little if you know what your doing. i'm no expert but I know enough to know that those at Bethesda are. so I wonder when exactly it is that they actually set time aside to review the ps3 parts and code. dawnguard was public knowledge last year right? as for the indignation spare me. I have not treated you or anyone here like an idiot. so telling me I painted all gamers in the same shade is the complete absence of similar courtesy. but I did bring up some negatives that much is plain. theres plenty of positives also. but those are not what have me puzzled. if none of these fit you then I wasn't talking about you. that said I'm not the one making that decision. more to the point where exactly do you think I first started to see some of these negatives. i doubt I would have brought it up on a DISCUSSION page if I wasn't party to it as well. I may not play more than everyone else. but I know I play more than at least some people. I chimed in this site because dawnguard has made for several really unique subjects all worth considering. the fact its being discussed is proof that it's worth pondering. so yeah like everyone here I have questions and opinions. if you disagree with any of it you have a right to. if this seems long winded, your probaly right. hell I'm getting exhausted just proof reading this. and it's not all nice no, but it is relevant to the topic an more importantly an incomplete observation. why else are we here if not give and receive input. if anyone were here to just give input that would mean they had already reached a conclusion. which would technically make it arguing.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
i have skyrim on ps3. i might be mad that ps3 hasnt gont hearthfire, dawnguard and is "filled" with bugs. bethesda makes great games though, they're just buggy. look at fallout new vegas for example. im sure dawnguard will be great when it comes out, as with hearthfire. stop complaining. continue playing skyrim until dlc's comes out. if you are bored play a differnt game. stop the ranting.

Dovahlink69

Not the Dragonborn - A very naughty boy!
"We're pissed off that we have to wait longer than 360 users to get DLC,so how about,when it's finally released,we won't get this DLC we've been so desperately impatient for? That'll teach Bethesda not to encounter technical difficulties!"
Is this really how some people think?

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
funny, isnt it? you have changed my (anti-ranter) perpspective of it.

Dovahlink69

Not the Dragonborn - A very naughty boy!
I don't understand how these ranters' minds work. If anything were to go wrong meaning (Talos forbid) DLC would be delayed for the 360,sure I'd be a little pissed,but I wouldn't blame Bethesda for some sort of technical difficulty and accuse them of hating 360 owners. (Well obviously not. :p)

god Allah and Oprah help me this could take minute. get mad if you want. just telling you how I see it. on the subject of their arrogance however I never said they were doing this because they are arrogant. I'm saying this is happening the way it's happening now because they are arrogant. it's not a motivation it's an accusation. though your welcome to disagree if you feel different. I feel arrogance is one potential reason a dlc release is turning into a sideshow. who can say maybe it's just Hines. I say arrogant because it fit's, (especially hines). if a student studies for a test for one hour when he is advised to and given three months to study he will likely fail. say a thousand people ponder that. words that are likely to come up are lazy, stupid, and or arrogant. which kinda resemble each other when you consider it. because he was arrogant enough to assume that single hour would have been enough. this happens in the business sector more than you could imagine. why devote six month's to making a billion dollars when you could make just over half in four who's gonna care. a million stories, an you already know a few. short sighted or arrogant, again they look a lot alike. i met a guy once friggin genious and we were waiting in the same lobby of an office. this guy took the guts of gaming consoles and made them portable like a gameboy. even made a pinball machine themed after bill paxton. he said these consoles were just parts and code. and as he had 98 odd percent of the parts already the real work was the code and that it always took a little time but not much more than a little if you know what your doing. i'm no expert but I know enough to know that those at Bethesda are. so I wonder when exactly it is that they actually set time aside to review the ps3 parts and code. dawnguard was public knowledge last year right? as for the indignation spare me. I have not treated you or anyone here like an idiot. so telling me I painted all gamers in the same shade is the complete absence of similar courtesy. but I did bring up some negatives that much is plain. theres plenty of positives also. but those are not what have me puzzled. if none of these fit you then I wasn't talking about you. that said I'm not the one making that decision. more to the point where exactly do you think I first started to see some of these negatives. i doubt I would have brought it up on a DISCUSSION page if I wasn't party to it as well. I may not play more than everyone else. but I know I play more than at least some people. I chimed in this site because dawnguard has made for several really unique subjects all worth considering. the fact its being discussed is proof that it's worth pondering. so yeah like everyone here I have questions and opinions. if you disagree with any of it you have a right to. if this seems long winded, your probaly right. hell I'm getting exhausted just proof reading this. and it's not all nice no, but it is relevant to the topic an more importantly an incomplete observation. why else are we here if not give and receive input. if anyone were here to just give input that would mean they had already reached a conclusion. which would technically make it arguing.

I tried to read this I really did, but the lack of paragraphing and capital letters made it incredibly hard to follow and I would end up reading the same line over and over or skipping lines etc. I eventually just gave up because I could make no sense of what I was reading.

romulus

1st. king: wrong tree kid. the "your ranting" gimmick is to put it plain generic. as for me an the skyrim phenenon, what little time I've put in isn't nearly enough, i joined the companions an explored 3 caves an a dungeon. then there were some car part an then work an now this to distract me. next time i try it i wanna see it all. considering my current fascination with this I need my own perspective. see I'm mapping this whole thing out. it fascinates me. the progression the timeline the complexities an the perspectives. is it possible something I said hit its mark? tough break if it did kid. it's data my opinion at present and most important incomplete. your little rabbit punch there might be useful when I start correlating but I expect to hear better from better before long kid. maybe you do think it's a rant. prove it. elebarate on your -perspective-. until then your just noise.

1st. king: wrong tree kid. the "your ranting" gimmick is to put it plain generic. as for me an the skyrim phenenon, what little time I've put in isn't nearly enough, i joined the companions an explored 3 caves an a dungeon. then there were some car part an then work an now this to distract me. next time i try it i wanna see it all. considering my current fascination with this I need my own perspective. see I'm mapping this whole thing out. it fascinates me. the progression the timeline the complexities an the perspectives. is it possible something I said hit its mark? tough break if it did kid. it's data my opinion at present and most important incomplete. your little rabbit punch there might be useful when I start correlating but I expect to hear better from better before long kid. maybe you do think it's a rant. prove it. elebarate on your -perspective-. until then your just noise.

What the hell are you talking about?

romulus

"We're pissed off that we have to wait longer than 360 users to get DLC,so how about,when it's finally released,we won't get this DLC we've been so desperately impatient for? That'll teach Bethesda not to encounter technical difficulties!"
some maybe. individual response may vary. but what it boils down to is they don't believe a word of it. neither do I at this moment. technical difficulties might as well be a PR tool. but if you feel they spoke true when saying it then its an explanation for all thats been going on but that doesn't change that neither those who side with you or they who disagree know for certin. the boycott might be good because no one knows for certin. but waiting hasn't yielded much more than more waiting. if nothing else it would remind those that have forgotten that they can empower themselves. worst case scenario Bethesda closes shop on psn. it'll sting but as of now I would rather see people come that understanding that they can make waves if they put the work in. mind you I have not really gotten back into skyrim yet so can't count that out when considering.

romulus

What the hell are you talking about?
who not what. who being kid'o the britians. and speaking of gimmicks. sentence structure only matters when it isn't leisure time. this is leisure time. unless you work here in which case tough break. did not read it fine. couldn't keep up because it wasn't neat an tidy. I'm sorry to hear that. if true it must really limit your ability to enjoy many passages or texts of various quality. more likely though you just you went with an old fall back in lou of anything better to respond with. generic repetitive ineffective stale, it been used on everyone here by someone. but I'll never fathom why anyone would bother using it.

ohwellitsgoodtoknowthatsentencestructuremattersnotwhentryingtoconveyamessageonaninternetforumwheretypingisyouronlyoptionIguessfromnowonishouldjusttypemymessageslikethissinceitseasierandmoreleisurelythentryingtowriteinawaythatiscoherentandunderstandablebythewayilikemarmaladeanddinosaurs

stagnant94

well for me its not dawnguard that I'm worried about, nor is it hearthfire. because if they can't get either of them to work on PS3. then we have no chance of being able to download a DLC similar to the shivering isles. i probably will get dawnguard if it comes out, same with hearthfire. but DLC's like the shivering isles are like whole new games. and if we aren't able to get the skyrim equivalent to it (whatever it may be). then i think all the people who said "we aren't entitled to everything so stop complaining" will stop saying that. dawnguard and hearthfire i don't really mind if they don't come out, but something like the shivering isles... that would piss me off big time if it can't come out for PS3.

PS. its my birthday!

stagnant94

Sorry but it's mostly the PS3 and sony's fault.
When I saw this, I started feeling bad for you PS3 users. But now when I see how ignorant and spoiled most of you guys are, I might youst like this :D.
Haters gonna' hate.
thats a bit of a generalisation and also a very hypocritical thing to say, because we know that if the tables were turned and Xbox was getting it delayed like we are. you would be complaining just as much as we are, just as many of you would be complaining, and it would probably be us telling you you're spoiled brats.

my point being that almost every human, myself included, is hypocritical in some way. we are all very good at telling other people something. if i had an Xbox i would probably be doing the same thing you're doing. if you had a PS3 then you would probably be doing the same thing as me. if you lived in france and i lived in England you would probably think france was better, and i would think that england's better, but if you lived in england and i lived in france i would think that france is better and you would think that england's better. our opinions aren't made by us, they are made by our experiences. and that is why most of the opinions on these forums are going to stay as opinions.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts