Should PC, PS3 users boycott Dawnguard???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
PC gamers should definitely not be wining. They have thousands of mods so much better then Dawnguard. PS3 gamers have an excuse.

romulus

if the subject is should we boycott. what else does anyone need but an answer if your here. maybe before any of you read any further, you should ask yourself is it worth getting mad about. if the answer resembles a yes, you don't need to discuss it unless you feel like getting shot down by those that feel differently. these folks may just own a different console and want defend it. they might just wanna argue and own no console but come here because they like starting something.
your next step actually involves looking for people who want to boycott. the nets a good place, but your ps3 would be a better start if you have a friends list see if you have skyrim in common. try to get them to do the same rinse repeat. at least you'll avoid console bashing and other nonsense. nothing worth doing got done without work. if you accomplish jack plops who cares. at least you can say you did take a real stance in the matter.
if you feel, or someone told you that it's just a game, that's way too black and white. it's foolish to let others assign worth to your things whatever thy may be. a moldy old quilt might be a quilt to anyone else. but to certain families a moldy old quilt is an heirloom knitted by someone's great great great gran gran. more to the point many of the people could own a differing console and have no real knowledge of the subject because it hasn't been done to them. it's easy enough to say how you would handle it having never handled it before and possibly already on the defense just because you own a different console.
boycotts take work and are subject to criticism. some people who committ these criticisms do it because because they believe what their hearing and think you should to. your welcome to listen and should encourage yourself to do that. but in steps. if all they do is repeat exactly what was said you need to consider that they haven't thought about it. if they gave you food for thought along with it, that's worth your time. listening allows for new perspective which is good. if they manage to change your mind there's nothing wrong with that provided, it happened in a way that lent real and new perspective. you didn't sell out, you just considered new possibilities. your boycotting, things like that leave an impression.
on that subject there's another reason some may look down on what your doing. if it works Bethesda will just stop releasing dlc period. possible, but you were angry enough to boycott. how you do it, and how you make your point is work. if you still want it, make sure if your doing it with a group that you at least tried to steer in the direction of something temporary yet still noticeable. the how is very important in matters such as these.
discussion is what this page is about. so if your looking to discuss, or just want an answer to the question. consider this. every investor has advisors that's slang for a field of study that looks at the actions a company takes, and remembers one simple rule. follow the money. in considering the history, 30 day deals, extended delays, and weak explanations for them, implies intent. Bethesda is likely to be Xbox exclusive regarding all future release's. if you consider every time you read a post where someone said something like screw this I'm getting an Xbox. you see the outcome of the intent. actions like these were done to make those more loyal to the game than to the system move in that direction. so when it did go down in the manner that I suggest it they bring their fan base with them to the delight of microsoft and as an example of they can bring and take away from the arrangement. it's not dirty business it's just business which is dirty as a consequence of it own existence.
this is also why the money issue is moot when it comes to dawnguard. they don't look at their profits only as far as the next dlc or game release. they are looking as far two years after dawnguard. so profit loss doesn't stand up because their planning for a time when this arrangement will allow them as much if not more more money and bargaining power, and a console manufacturer who has very real interest in keeping them happy. so there is a very real reason to boycott. or it's another reason to discuss. if I'm wrong and you make it work, boycotting shows a fan base that is tired of the nonsense. if I'm right in my prediction. all you did was close your wallet to something that goes on to support projects that you would have to get an xbox or already have to enjoy, and give Bethesda the middle finger before they scurry off. there's my try.

Nakatsu_Hime

...PS3 has awful architecture, and it doesn't work well with Skyrim (not Bethesda's fault, blame Sony), and the PC has mods, while still getting other official content for free (Space Core).

Complete cobblers!

PS3 architecture isn't necessarily awful, just different. Your statement basically says 'If it isn't PC-type architecture, then it's bad'. Patently untrue and partisan.

I don't remember any of this rubbish back in the 80s and 90s, and then EVERY architecture was different, and I certainly don't remember programmers crying 'Ohh woe. The Amiga has awful architecture. I'm not going to bother with it'. No, not a bit of it. They saw a challenge, rose to it and succeeded. Where do you think Apple would be now if that wasn't true?

It's simply laziness - nothing more, and I can't believe programmers are any less welcoming of a challenge. It's the publishers less welcoming of not shifting units.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts