Should PC, PS3 users boycott Dawnguard???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

General Theodred

for the love of Talos...
Guys just look at this:

Still No Release Date for Skyrim: Dawnguard for PC, PS3

I'm sick and tired of Bethesda treating us like dirt just because they got a sack full of money from Microsoft. PC & PS3 users make the majority of skyrim base. Do you think we should really buy dawnguard and donate 20$ to that hypocrite developers who treat us like plops?

LordofMethuselah

Vampiric Illusionary Necromage of Destruction
Lol cry about it all you want the day after its out 85% of you will buy it and the week after the other 15% will realize that its pointless and buy it as well. I'm sorry but this is how the world works.

stagnant94

yeah, I'm not buying it. i wasn't sure about buying it in the first place but now i'm just not going to. and looking at the reviews it isn't very good apparently, so i guess ill just buy the next DLC as long as it adds something like the shivering isles

zane

Treat you like dirt?
Do you realize that PC players have the most fun with skyrim? Mods mods mods and more mods

Dawnguard is not that big of a deal to get upset for having to wait longer =/

play another game to help pass the time and get your mind off of it, I recommend Dragon's Dogma.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
There's no point in boycotting Bethesda, it's being fed by Microsoft milk-drinkers you might think.

General Theodred

for the love of Talos...
Ya I know it, but mods are creations of rather talented individuals, not Bethesda employees. That's no reason for Bethesda to delay the release of the PC version when they had a month to fix everything.

Btw great suggestion, dragon's dogma is a pretty good game...thanks:)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I'm upset, but I'll probably still buy it. Nothing I can do but wait. I'm done complaining about it. Besides, I just started a Metal Gear Solid marathon. I'm set for a good while. Then after that, L.A. Noire.

stagnant94

Treat you like dirt?
Do you realize that PC players have the most fun with skyrim? Mods mods mods and more mods

Dawnguard is not that big of a deal to get upset for having to wait longer =/

play another game to help pass the time and get your mind off of it, I recommend Dragon's Dogma.
true. but that does not account for how they are treating us PS3 users. i'm fine with delayed dlc for consoles, these things happen. as long as they're not delayed by over a month. but they said we would get it 30 days later. yet they still couldn't find the time to get the update ready for us so its been delayed by another few weeks. if that's how they're gonna treat us then so be it. but they aren't getting a penny out of me.

Aquillus

Cry us a river. PS3 gets special deals too. Maybe not from Bethesda, but plenty of other mediums. Like games specific to your console, all the assassin's creed multiplayer betas, and more. And PC has the creation kit/game enhancers as others mentioned. You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats that cry when you don't get every little thing handed to you on a silver platter.

It's the least they could do for xbox considering how big of a piece of pl*ps the console is to begin with.

LordofMethuselah

Vampiric Illusionary Necromage of Destruction
Ya I know it, but mods are creations of rather talented individuals, not Bethesda employees. That's no reason for Bethesda to delay the release of the PC version when they had a month to fix everything.

Wait wait wait wait. So basically your bitching because they are fixing up the various glitches and bugs in the game. You definitely don't deserve mods or DLC after that bit of logic. I'm sorry but there is no pleasing everyone that plays but the ones that do this just make me lose faith in the gaming community. I would be perfectly fine with waiting a little longer just so that the bugs were gone. PC owners have no right to complain about it because of mods and PS3 owners stop whining about getting treated badly cause no one cares. Not bethesda, not sony, not anyone because even though 360 owners got it early we are treated the same. The only reason 360 got it early was cause of microsoft paying for it otherwise we would've had to wait the same amount of time.

TJ GORY

Not of this Plane...
guys think about it, Bethesda makes their games for the 360 and hires people to port it for the PC and PS3. so your not waiting for Bethesda to release it your waiting for the companies who they hired to port it to be finished with their work that's why Bethesda doesn't even know when dawngaurd would be released to PS3 and PC so don't blame Bethesda its not their fault. Did you guys know that minecraft for the xbox was made by 4J studios who also made the port for oblivion for the PS3 and PC. So boycott if you want, but dont blame bethesda.

Notgnimer

Mermaid.
Um. Why wouldn't you get it? Be realistic. A few people boycotting Dawnguard doesn't change anything.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I'm probably wont be boycotting the company, however I seriously want to know why my game is still infected with glitches that prevents me from completing the quests? Why are they adding MOAR stuffs to the game when the game hasn't been fixed yet?

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I won't lie, I'm really annoyed with how they've handled the whole situation. I don't like that they made a deal with Microsoft in the first place (yes, I'm aware "it's business", but that doesn't mean I have to like it), but I do understand why they did it. What bothers me is their complete lack of communication regarding Dawnguard, and for the PS3, patch 1.6 and 1.7. I'd honestly rather have them stay silent than give us ridiculous half-assed comments like "if we had information to give, we'd give it." Just give us a release date, time frame, a reason for why it's taking so long, and I'd be content.

Notgnimer

Mermaid.
I'm probably wont be boycotting the company, however I seriously want to know why my game is still infected with glitches that prevents me from completing the quests? Why are they adding MOAR stuffs to the game when the game hasn't been fixed yet?

Yeah I feel you. But its Bethesda, there's going to be glitches no matter what.
I don't know why they would think that making a MMO would be a good idea unless somehow they avoid the infinite number of glitches they get. Sometimes I feel like there's a whole division created to mess with people and create glitches.

zane

true. but that does not account for how they are treating us PS3 users. i'm fine with delayed dlc for consoles, these things happen. as long as they're not delayed by over a month. but they said we would get it 30 days later. yet they still couldn't find the time to get the update ready for us so its been delayed by another few weeks. if that's how they're gonna treat us then so be it. but they aren't getting a penny out of me.

._. Dude I completely understand what you're saying, but as an owner of both a ps3 and an xbox, I can tell you that you cant complain.

Remember that the elderscrolls was originally for xbox and pc when they moved to morrowind and oblivion, now a great way to think about the other side of this would be how metal gear eventually started going to xbox as well, along with games like final fantasy.

my point, ._. if the game is multiplatformed - it's likely that one or more is gonna get less attention than the other. :D patience is patience my good sir!

lol don't get me started with how Linux get's the plops end for gaming in the pc world, even though Linux = BEAST ^-^

zane

Yeah I feel you. But its Bethesda, there's going to be glitches no matter what.
I don't know why they would think that making a MMO would be a good idea unless somehow they avoid the infinite number of glitches they get. Sometimes I feel like there's a whole division created to mess with people and create glitches.

Nah, programming is some serious stuff man, add graphics, design, story, and art to it makes it that much of a bigger mess.

Given that the game is ported to different systems, meaning the code that speaks on machine level needs to be different and catered to said hardware. This creates a big deal when bug fixing for multiple things. It's not easy, it's not fun, and deadlines are deadlines and paychecks are paychecks.

:D I'm not an advanced coder, but I'm learning robotics and engineering which involves using particular hardware and using specific languages (assembly) to get the most efficient result.

Just imagining what a team has to deal with is insane - =o

Notgnimer

Mermaid.
Nah, programming is some serious stuff man, add graphics, design, story, and art to it makes it that much of a bigger mess.

Given that the game is ported to different systems, meaning the code that speaks on machine level needs to be different and catered to said hardware. This creates a big deal when bug fixing for multiple things. It's not easy, it's not fun, and deadlines are deadlines and paychecks are paychecks.

:D I'm not an advanced coder, but I'm learning robotics and engineering which involves using particular hardware and using specific languages (assembly) to get the most efficient result.

Just imagining what a team has to deal with is insane - =o

Yeah it is hard stuff. I took 3 years of programming. Some of it involved robotics. I was joking about there being a team just for bugs.

zane

lolz, ok - I'm not good in telling sarcasm from normalcy (online and in reality). =D w00t for the real wizards in reality (programmers are wizards lol).

... because they make magic happen xD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts