• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
Okay, so one day I was derping around in GameStop, and by derping around I mean buying Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition. Anyway, I saw Oblivion for 20 bucks. Plus it included both dlcs. I didn't buy it, but I have been thinking about going in sometime and getting it. I'm not sure if I wil like it because my first Elder Scrolls game was Skyrim. So, should I buy it?

Yomite

Well Skyrim has improved greatly on the faults of Oblivion. For 20 bucks, I'd say go in and grab it. It's well worth that low of a price. There's a few game breaking elements in it, such as not being able to kill or steal anything stealthily without guards knowing instantly. I can't really take the time to list them all, but once you look past it's faults, it's a great playthrough. Like any ES Game, there's lots to do and plenty of replayability. If you enjoyed Skyrim, I couldn't see any reason why you wouldn't enjoy Oblivion.

That's my take on it,

-Yom

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
Well Skyrim has improved greatly on the faults of Oblivion. For 20 bucks, I'd say go in and grab it. It's well worth that low of a price. There's a few game breaking elements in it, such as not being able to kill or steal anything stealthily without guards knowing instantly. I can't really take the time to list them all, but once you look past it's faults, it's a great playthrough. Like any ES Game, there's lots to do and plenty of replayability. If you enjoyed Skyrim, I couldn't see any reason why you wouldn't enjoy Oblivion.

That's my take on it,

-Yom
Thank you Yomite for replying. I think I may go buy it soon...

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Yes, totally worth it. I still play Oblivion from time to time.

buy it buy it buy it!

for all the games flaws there are things that more then make up for it. I would go to say that it has even more stuff to do then skyrim

Tman2177

Oblivion is the first Elder Scrolls game I played, it's what got me hooked into the series. It has the most in-depth story, classic characters and quests, and some of the best DLC I have seen from a game in years. Oblivion is worth every septim.

Mehrunes Dagon, Oblivion gates and the Mythic Dawn walk all over petty Dragons. Mankar Camoran and Mannimarco comin' at you bro.

Deer Stalker

As someone before said, as long as you dont mind the graphics its a very good game. I was playing it up until i got Skyrim and would have to say some of the quests are better and more fun to do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts