• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mayhem

Assasin
Alright guys, I know it's pretty late but so far I've been playing only dragonborn and it was and is really epic. I was thinking about buying dawnguard too. Do you think it's worth the money? PLEASE NO SPOILERS

TJ0331

Nords forever
Yes it is worth the money. Especially if you ever want to be a vampire. Both sides are pretty cool and it will give you something to do and some cool new gear and spells.

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
I like Dragonborn, but I was very disappointed by Dawnguard. It's hard to go into why without spoilers, but I found the story to be ... not bad, exactly, but extremely forced. I also hate the constant vampire attacks on townsfolk. Too often, too many, and they can be surprisingly dangerous spawns, even at very low levels.

I do like a lot of the non-story content, though. There are some very nice new locations, and the expansion of options for vampire and werewolves is good. So is the ability to craft arrows.

All in all, I don't feel horribly ripped off for buying it, but I can't honestly recommend it.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I would recommend it. It just adds so much more to skyrim as a game. New locations, some extraordinary surprises, new monsters, dragons, weapons, potential followers, animals...
I don't know how I played skyrim before without the DCLs to be honest.
Just one piece of advice, pace yourself with Dawnguard, as it's not as long as Dragonborn. But you won't be sorry.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts