• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
It works really, really well. Just drop a torch on the floor and drag it up onto one of the seams in the wall, down low. I even lay a torch on each side of the top rim of the stairwell on the first floor. Takes a little maneuvering but they stay once placed. Whiterun dungeon (trap door in guard barracks) has basically an endless supply of torches if you are short. You can snag about 12 at a time and they respawn as soon as you leave and come back.

Really? I will definitely remember that. I'll see how that goes, thank you! :)

aww.. is your family STILL missing? :sadface:

Yes they are. :sadface:

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
About 15 torches placed strategically light up Severin Manor very nicely. It's actually one of my favorite dwellings once it's lit. 20 torches and it glows like the sun. The music is hideous though. It does respawn iirc. I seem to remember going back there once to snag some mammoth tusks for some reason. Think I was building a tusk pile somewhere for fun.

You must be on a PC? I've not seen a way to install torches using XBox.

And, I use Severin Manor as my base. Every bit of loot I don't sell is stored there. And I use the Smelter, Forge, Alchemy and Enchantment work stations a lot.

So fat though, I've not seen any ingredients for my Alchemy station respawn.

Nope. You don't install them. You drop them and strategically place them. When you leave and come back, they will be lit where you place them. I'm on XBox.

If you use it as your base, then you aren't staying away long enough to get a respawn. I'm pretty sure the clock resets every time you enter.

Do you know how long it takes for the ingredients to respawn? i'm pretty sure that they do but I haven't been there recently. Also, my house in Solitude doesn't restock it's alchemy ingredients either.. but my Hearthfire-built house does, which I like. Is there a certain (real-time) limit that it takes for stuff to respawn? Or maybe an in-game time?

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
You must be on a PC? I've not seen a way to install torches using XBox.

And, I use Severin Manor as my base. Every bit of loot I don't sell is stored there. And I use the Smelter, Forge, Alchemy and Enchantment work stations a lot.

So fat though, I've not seen any ingredients for my Alchemy station respawn.

Nope. You don't install them. You drop them and strategically place them. When you leave and come back, they will be lit where you place them. I'm on XBox.

If you use it as your base, then you aren't staying away long enough to get a respawn. I'm pretty sure the clock resets every time you enter.

Do you know how long it takes for the ingredients to respawn? i'm pretty sure that they do but I haven't been there recently. Also, my house in Solitude doesn't restock it's alchemy ingredients either.. but my Hearthfire-built house does, which I like. Is there a certain (real-time) limit that it takes for stuff to respawn? Or maybe an in-game time?

I ran a test cuz I was starting to second guess myself and it was a while ago now.

10 days in Skyrim- no Severin Manor respawn

then

30 days in Skyrim- still no respawn

Sorry, I either experienced a glitch last time it respawned or I was away for a long time and I assumed I cleared it out when I acquired it when I really hadn't. That's a bummer. I was thinking about getting that tusk pile going again.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

I ran a test cuz I was starting to second guess myself and it was a while ago now.

10 days in Skyrim- no Severin Manor respawn

then

30 days in Skyrim- still no respawn

Sorry, I either experienced a glitch last time it respawned or I was away for a long time and I assumed I cleared it out when I acquired it when I really hadn't. That's a bummer. I was thinking about getting that tusk pile going again.

That's a shame :sadface: Maybe I'll just stock my own ingredients so it doesn't feel so empty :3 I buy them every time I'm at an alchemist anyways. Maybe I'll play it tomorrow and put down those torches. :)

LotusEater

After our conversation, I decided to stay in Severin Manor (was living in Blackreach for a while) and set up shop. I'm RP'ing a world take over along with Neloth and Hermaeus Mora so it only makes sense that I stay in Solsthiem. We are gonna infiltrate a few chosen factions in Skyrim, gain control and take over from within. So I went and got torches. My only gripe with Severin Manor is that there is only one barrel in the forge area. I like to keep my ores and ingots separate. Oh well, it's still good to be home.

JClarke1953

I'll have to check that out. I do a lot of work around the smelter and forge, as well as the workbench and grinder. So having those torches would be great! Right now I'm working on Enchanting Elven Armor for higher Destruction and Majika. Right now I have some that seemingly gives me an "unlimited" amount of Majika, as I can dual cast Destruction and Conjuration without the "meter" even showing. I also made it "Legendary" to give me better armor rating.

I'm guessing you either buy the torches or take them from tunnels or whatever when you go after bandit's etc?

I don't stay away for very long, but maybe I should, as none of the ingredients at my Alchemy station have yet to respawn (although I can go to Valerica's balcony and snatch them). Or I'll wander around Skyrim or Solstheim and just fill my pockets.

Lotus, I put all of my smelter/forge mats in the chest in front of my bed. All my precious jewelry in the safe, armor from Mirrak and other's on the manikins, weapons that won't go onto the weapon/shield holders in my Enchantment station in a chest to the left of the safe. Other armor in a chest to the right. I have all of the masks's I've acquired in the chest to the right of the bed by the chair.

JClarke1953

Oh Lotus? How are you going to do a "take-over"? I don't RP, but it'd be interesting to do something other than Companion or Dawnguard stuff. After becoming Guild Master and Listener, I more or less stopped doing those, as they got too repetitive.

So I spend a lot of time exploring and gathering specific ore's or Alchemy mats.

LotusEater

Oh Lotus? How are you going to do a "take-over"? I don't RP, but it'd be interesting to do something other than Companion or Dawnguard stuff. After becoming Guild Master and Listener, I more or less stopped doing those, as they got too repetitive.

So I spend a lot of time exploring and gathering specific ore's or Alchemy mats.

Apparently I was wrong about the respawn. I did a test like I mentioned in the post above and nada on the respawn unfortunately. But I know for sure the torch thing works because I did it just last night again. Right now, if you count the torches I have burning in my tusk pile along either side of the stairwell, I have about 30 torches blazing in there. If you go in to the guard barracks in Whiterun, you'll find a trap door in a room to the left after you enter. The trap door leads to Dragonsreach Dungeon. A small sewer-like place that holds about 12 torches you are free to take. When you have them all, you may leave and come back as often as you would like and they will respawn immediately. If you've never been there, be sure you have lockpicks on you as there is one locked gate obstructing you. Once you unlock it, it will stay unlocked.

As far as the take-over goes, I dunno... I'm sick of saving the world. I think this time I'm gonna keep the sun blotted out and kill everyone I can once I control the main factions. I've already helped everyone over and over. Now it's time to see how empty and bleak I can make Skyrim without mods.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

Apparently I was wrong about the respawn. I did a test like I mentioned in the post above and nada on the respawn unfortunately. But I know for sure the torch thing works because I did it just last night again. Right now, if you count the torches I have burning in my tusk pile along either side of the stairwell, I have about 30 torches blazing in there. If you go in to the guard barracks in Whiterun, you'll find a trap door in a room to the left after you enter. The trap door leads to Dragonsreach Dungeon. A small sewer-like place that holds about 12 torches you are free to take. When you have them all, you may leave and come back as often as you would like and they will respawn immediately. If you've never been there, be sure you have lockpicks on you as there is one locked gate obstructing you. Once you unlock it, it will stay unlocked.

As far as the take-over goes, I dunno... I'm sick of saving the world. I think this time I'm gonna keep the sun blotted out and kill everyone I can once I control the main factions. I've already helped everyone over and over. Now it's time to see how empty and bleak I can make Skyrim without mods.
their should be a mod to permantly block out the sun for real angry vampire characters

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

their should be a mod to permantly block out the sun for real angry vampire characters

There probably is, or I'm sure someone is making one :D

LotusEater

Would be nice, but if I have to get up early every day in order to blot out the sun... so be it. The people of Skyrim better enjoy the sunrise early because it won't rise for long.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

I could make a mod like that in fact I might just

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts