• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I did the same thing, I think they do respawn but I'm not sure. I barely ever visit Severin Manor anymore, because it's so dark and depressing :eek:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I did the same thing, I think they do respawn but I'm not sure. I barely ever visit Severin Manor anymore, because it's so dark and depressing :eek:

I know right? what's with the dungeon music? lol. I dump stuff in the chest so I don't have to go back to Skyrim, but that's about it. I just remember there being heaps of fire salts and I want them to make my exploding bolts :)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

I know right? what's with the dungeon music? lol. I dump stuff in the chest so I don't have to go back to Skyrim, but that's about it. I just remember there being heaps of fire salts and I want them to make my exploding bolts :)

Exactly! It's dark and scarcely furnished and the dungeon music is miserable :eek:
I did store a bunch of armors and stuff there when I needed to, but I took them home to Skyrim eventually

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
About 15 torches placed strategically light up Severin Manor very nicely. It's actually one of my favorite dwellings once it's lit. 20 torches and it glows like the sun. The music is hideous though. It does respawn iirc. I seem to remember going back there once to snag some mammoth tusks for some reason. Think I was building a tusk pile somewhere for fun.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
About 15 torches placed strategically light up Severin Manor very nicely. It's actually one of my favorite dwellings once it's lit. 20 torches and it glows like the sun. The music is hideous though. It does respawn iirc. I seem to remember going back there once to snag some mammoth tusks for some reason. Think I was building a tusk pile somewhere for fun.

I've heard the trick about putting down some torches, but I never tried it. Maybe I should! :) Because I do adore Solstheim. I wish you could move your family there.

IF I COULD FIND MY FAMILY :sadface:

LotusEater

I've heard the trick about putting down some torches, but I never tried it. Maybe I should! :) Because I do adore Solstheim. I wish you could move your family there.

It works really, really well. Just drop a torch on the floor and drag it up onto one of the seams in the wall, down low. I even lay a torch on each side of the top rim of the stairwell on the first floor. Takes a little maneuvering but they stay once placed. Whiterun dungeon (trap door in guard barracks) has basically an endless supply of torches if you are short. You can snag about 12 at a time and they respawn as soon as you leave and come back.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

It works really, really well. Just drop a torch on the floor and drag it up onto one of the seams in the wall, down low. I even lay a torch on each side of the top rim of the stairwell on the first floor. Takes a little maneuvering but they stay once placed. Whiterun dungeon (trap door in guard barracks) has basically an endless supply of torches if you are short. You can snag about 12 at a time and they respawn as soon as you leave and come back.

Really? I will definitely remember that. I'll see how that goes, thank you! :)

LotusEater

I even got fancy once and laid a torch at each side of the doorway to the master bedroom, on the outside, so the foot of the jamb had a flame on each side. Then I put a spawn ash urn (or was it hopper jelly?) in front of it and it looked really good. Like there were flaming urns on each side of the door. It all stayed put too. If you hit each seam, on both sides, down the hallway leading to the MB, it looks awesome when you come home and go to your room. Like a lit runway that leads to your room. I think it looks really cool. Have fun experimenting and let me know if you discover a cool new way to flame up Severin Manor cuz I like to reside in Raven Rock myself from time to time.

LotusEater

Exactly! It's dark and scarcely furnished and the dungeon music is miserable :eek:
I did store a bunch of armors and stuff there when I needed to, but I took them home to Skyrim eventually

Scarcely furnished? That's odd, I consider it one the best homes in terms of furnishings. Everything is there. Tons of urns, barrels and chests for storage. I'm pretty sure it has the most weapon racks. Four mannequins, fully functional forge with a smelter (key for me). More than adequate enchanting and alchemy stations. Not to mention the gobs of soul gems laying around. Cooking pot. No load screens (in other words, no cellar). Plus it's completely free and comes fully upgraded for free. First thing I do when I arrive in Solsthiem is get that house. A couple more bookshelves would be nice though, but that's nitpicking. :)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

Scarcely furnished? That's odd, I consider it one the best homes in terms of furnishings. Everything is there. Tons of urns, barrels and chests for storage. I'm pretty sure it has the most weapon racks. Four mannequins, fully functional forge with a smelter (key for me). More than adequate enchanting and alchemy stations. Not to mention the gobs of soul gems laying around. Cooking pot. No load screens (in other words, no cellar). Plus it's completely free and comes fully upgraded for free. First thing I do when I arrive in Solsthiem is get that house. A couple more bookshelves would be nice though, but that's nitpicking. :)

That's true, I guess I just feel like it's very spread-out. Also, it seems very dusty and dirty in there, don't you think? :eek:

LotusEater

That's true, I guess I just feel like it's very spread-out. Also, it seems very dusty and dirty in there, don't you think? :eek:

Totally. It is a little spread out. But the torches warm it up really nice. If it weren't for auxiliary lighting, I'd never stay there. I feel damp just looking at the screen.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

Totally. It is a little spread out. But the torches warm it up really nice. If it weren't for auxiliary lighting, I'd never stay there. I feel damp just looking at the screen.

I agree, I always feel kinda dirty and damp after coming out of there. Torches will warm it up, and I can always snatch some flower planters from palaces for decoration :) Or is that only in Oblivion? I can't remember, are there potted flowers in this game too?

LotusEater

I agree, I always feel kinda dirty and damp after coming out of there. Torches will warm it up, and I can always snatch some flower planters from palaces for decoration :) Or is that only in Oblivion? I can't remember, are there potted flowers in this game too?

Now that you mention it, can't say I've ever seen a potted plant or flower. Decorating can be a chore. I've found this tactic to work about 80% of the time:

1- Drop item
2- Leave house and come back
3- Drag item and place where you want
4- Put crosshair on item so description is visible
5- Save game
6- Load save
7- Pray

I've also noticed that if you try and place a new item next to a previously placed and stable item you can't even nudge the previous item a little during the process or it will screw the pooch. Most times. But if you can get something to stick and not jostle it afterword, they seem to stay put.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

aww.. is your family STILL missing? :sadface:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I did like the abundance of weapon racks. And I think Stalhrim armour is really pretty so I have a full set(light) on one of the mannequins and I am putting the Deathbrand armour on another one and have the full set of Ahzidah armour on another. I like displaying unique weapons :) I will definitely try the torch thing, thanks for the tip :) You sound like me with your tusk pile. I have a pile of Vale animal furs in the front foyer at Lakeview Manor because they are all glowy and pretty :)

LotusEater

I did like the abundance of weapon racks. And I think Stalhrim armour is really pretty so I have a full set(light) on one of the mannequins and I am putting the Deathbrand armour on another one and have the full set of Ahzidah armour on another. I like displaying unique weapons :) I will definitely try the torch thing, thanks for the tip :) You sound like me with your tusk pile. I have a pile of Vale animal furs in the front foyer at Lakeview Manor because they are all glowy and pretty :)

Ha, that's pretty much what I keep on display there. To be exact it usually ends up:

1- Deathbrand
2- Ahzidal
3- Miraak
4- Blades armor that I wore to get there

Sometimes I try and lay torches at their feet to illuminate them but it's always awkward and I can never get them to light up like I would like.

I thought about decorating with the vale fur but never got around to it. Sometimes I even feel bad taking it to the tanning rack. I did have a pretty cool pile going of torches, mammoth tusks and horker tusks at the altar by Lakeview. Looked pretty cool.

JClarke1953

You must be on a PC? I've not seen a way to install torches using XBox.

And, I use Severin Manor as my base. Every bit of loot I don't sell is stored there. And I use the Smelter, Forge, Alchemy and Enchantment work stations a lot.

So fat though, I've not seen any ingredients for my Alchemy station respawn.

LotusEater

You must be on a PC? I've not seen a way to install torches using XBox.

And, I use Severin Manor as my base. Every bit of loot I don't sell is stored there. And I use the Smelter, Forge, Alchemy and Enchantment work stations a lot.

So fat though, I've not seen any ingredients for my Alchemy station respawn.

Nope. You don't install them. You drop them and strategically place them. When you leave and come back, they will be lit where you place them. I'm on XBox.

If you use it as your base, then you aren't staying away long enough to get a respawn. I'm pretty sure the clock resets every time you enter.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts