setup with alchemy tower,enchanting tower,armoury and smithing cellar.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
I want this so bad right now and I want to explain how I want to build my house...in full detail.

If you are going for all craft skills like..

enchanting #
alchemy #
smithing#

Because I am going for all craft skills.
I need this setup you see,and I want this so bad... and I would like to see if anybody else here would be interested in craft as much as I?

Because if your interested in all craft and is going to get all craft....to find out the best way to improve and get more weapons is craft itself go for this.

alchemy tower north wing #

enchanting tower west wing #

armoury, to store all your rare weapons and equipment.

and smithing cellar, south cellar in basement #

That would be interesting also to have a fish hatchery as well as a vegie garden.

Is anyone interested in this sort of house build?

xsneakyxsimx

I would be, for a Jack-of-all-Trades Level 81 character. Could you also provide a full list of minimum material costs? I hate always running back and forth to gather enough wood, iron or misc. items to finish off the next stage of the house...

jonathan90

well known member
I would be, for a Jack-of-all-Trades Level 81 character. Could you also provide a full list of minimum material costs? I hate always running back and forth to gather enough wood, iron or misc. items to finish off the next stage of the house...
Yeah sure man,all you will need is...

200 sawn logs or more...

for enchanting tower, 2 gold ingots, 2 refined moonstones, 2 grand soul gems,glass atleast 30 peices of glass,2 quickslilver ingots and iron ingots with nails.

You are going to need a entire heap of iron ingots and craft them into hinges and fittings.

Also, for the jack of all trades have a entire heap of locks, like I had atleast 15 locks or more and use crafted corundum ingots for this recipe.

Find in as much iron ore as you can as well....and use that for any extra craft you may make later on.
for lighting just use goat horns and nails and carry a entire heap of nails for the beds and lighting.

jonathan90

well known member
Just to let you know that I made a fish hatchery and an enchanting tower just like I said.
But I have not finished gathering all the materials yet.

Whisper34

What advantages to enchanting have you found the enchanting tower to offer? As near as I can tell it really has no value. I built one and didn't even bother to put an arcane enchanter in it because I already had one.

jonathan90

well known member
What advantages to enchanting have you found the enchanting tower to offer? As near as I can tell it really has no value. I built one and didn't even bother to put an arcane enchanter in it because I already had one.
The thing is when you get those caches or tin boxes,you store all your soul gems in those.
And plus you get a bonus two more arcane enchanter, and adding on to that is you get heaps of more magical storage. And storage I am consisting of robes , soul gems and magical items and weapons and armour and etc.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I want this so bad right now and I want to explain how I want to build my house...in full detail.

If you are going for all craft skills like..

enchanting #
alchemy #
smithing#

Because I am going for all craft skills.
I need this setup you see,and I want this so bad... and I would like to see if anybody else here would be interested in craft as much as I?

Because if your interested in all craft and is going to get all craft....to find out the best way to improve and get more weapons is craft itself go for this.

alchemy tower north wing #

enchanting tower west wing #

armoury, to store all your rare weapons and equipment.

and smithing cellar, south cellar in basement #

That would be interesting also to have a fish hatchery as well as a vegie garden.

That’s what I got ! What is the question ? By the way, I find the Fish Hatchery very good so you do not have to buy anymore those fish that you need for Restoration Potion.

Is anyone interested in this sort of house build?

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations

The enchanting tower doesn't serve any extra purpose except an extra mannequin and some strongboxes and soul gem braziers (is that what their called?). I like it, because the towers are really cool and I wanted one tower on my house, but I had to have the armory and the trophy room (both worth it). And all of the houses have breathtaking views from the towers.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
The enchanting tower doesn't serve any extra purpose except an extra mannequin and some strongboxes and soul gem braziers (is that what their called?). I like it, because the towers are really cool and I wanted one tower on my house, but I had to have the armory and the trophy room (both worth it). And all of the houses have breathtaking views from the towers.

Sorry I did not type anything before but I don’t know what happened with my typing, but here I go :
> The tower looks nice and I agree with you that give an extra boxes and stuff like that, other than that, it does not serve any other purpose. I don’t like how the houses were designed though ! In my opinion, Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing goes hand to hand and they should be together in one big room and beside each table ( Alchemy, Enchanting and Workbench table ) there should be a chest.

I never understood why the house in Solitude which by the way is the most expensive one ( 25k alone ) did not come with a smithing are. If that house would have had that, It would be my home and only house in the entire Skyrim. I love the room where the enchanting and alchemy are and where the alchemy is located, there is enough area to add a smithing forge. The house in Windhelm is coming with the enchanting and alchemy in one single room and I love that, but still is missing the freaking smithing area and I don’t like that.

The houses added in Heartfire, are a pain. You have to go up to do your alchemy and then go to the cellar to do your smithing and that’s mean more loading screen and the probability to freeze up while doing so. I don’t like that and they could have done it easier and more practical that it is. I do believe, these houses should have everything in the cellar, one stop and you are done with your alchemy, enchanting and smithing in the privacy of your house. Just my 2 cents. ;)

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Sorry I did not type anything before but I don’t know what happened with my typing, but here I go :
> The tower looks nice and I agree with you that give an extra boxes and stuff like that, other than that, it does not serve any other purpose. I don’t like how the houses were designed though ! In my opinion, Alchemy, Enchanting and Smithing goes hand to hand and they should be together in one big room and beside each table ( Alchemy, Enchanting and Workbench table ) there should be a chest.

I never understood why the house in Solitude which by the way is the most expensive one ( 25k alone ) did not come with a smithing are. If that house would have had that, It would be my home and only house in the entire Skyrim. I love the room where the enchanting and alchemy are and where the alchemy is located, there is enough area to add a smithing forge. The house in Windhelm is coming with the enchanting and alchemy in one single room and I love that, but still is missing the freaking smithing area and I don’t like that.

The houses added in Heartfire, are a pain. You have to go up to do your alchemy and then go to the cellar to do your smithing and that’s mean more loading screen and the probability to freeze up while doing so. I don’t like that and they could have done it easier and more practical that it is. I do believe, these houses should have everything in the cellar, one stop and you are done with your alchemy, enchanting and smithing in the privacy of your house. Just my 2 cents. ;)

Well, if you get the Armory attachment, then you can. You can put a Workbench and Grindstone and a Tanning Rack in the Armory, and then there is an anvil in the back room of the main hall. So that way you are only walking up and down stairs to get from Enchanting to Alchemy to Smithing.

However, I don't care all that much. I don't frequently need to go back and forth from all three. So I didn't put the Workbench or Grindstone or Tanning Rack in the Armory, I think it looks poopy :p

Whisper34

I agree with you guys that a tower is nice because it is a great view from the tower and it gives you access to the roof. Other than looking cool on the house and having a great view it is a pretty worthless addition. I couldn't agree with you more Orca about wanting all three crafting equipments in one room. Would be so much easier and would save time on the loads between areas.

Mwhals

After furnishing my cellar, I found enough safes that my storage wing is not worth it. My next built house will not have the storage room. I will put the bedrooms and kitchen in all of them. Between the smithing equipment in the cellar and the enchanter and alchemy equipment in the main hall, I see no need for an alchemy or smithing tower. I will put a combination of all the wings in my three houses to see what I like, which is what I will make Lakeview (my first one) in my next game. This character is level 271 and has been around a long time. A new character is needed so I can have a smithing cellar sooner.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts