• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
As soon as you kill Harkon, she will open a conversation stating that she will stay with the Dawnguard faction. I waited one day-game and at the Dawnguard castle, I asked her if she would like to be cured from vampirism; she replied "why" and I told her "to become human again" and immediately she said that she would talk to Falion at Morthal and will return in a few days. After 3 days-game, she was back at the Dawnguard castle and she was cured, however, she does continue complaining about sunlight and she does continue using her drain life spell which is a vampire spell.
Her pupils are green but her eyes are yellow now. I gave her and enchanted ring, necklace and a circlet to increase health regeneration, sneaking, one-handed and destruction. I also gave her a dragonbone dagger enchanted but anytime she is outside, she takes away the circlet and wear her hood to cover her head.
It does not look to me that in-game she is cured from vampirism cause she does continue behaving like that. She is a good fighter but it is very annoying that you can not treat her as you can treat other followers. There is not option other than ask her to "wait" cause if you ask her to "part away", she will never follow you again. :sadface:

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I sent her off to get cured, but haven't seen her since. I keep forgetting to go to Morthal and see if she is cured. I'm a little nervous though, because she is awesome and don't want her to lose her capabilities as a powerful fighter. Do her stats change at all? Does she lose her essential status? What changes by her being cured, exactly, aside from the eyes changing?

JClarke1953

I sent her off to get cured, but haven't seen her since. I keep forgetting to go to Morthal and see if she is cured. I'm a little nervous though, because she is awesome and don't want her to lose her capabilities as a powerful fighter. Do her stats change at all? Does she lose her essential status? What changes by her being cured, exactly, aside from the eyes changing?

Not much really. She's still as powerful, now mortal. So if you take her on a quest, you'll need to keep her stocked with potion's. And there's going to be a need to save often in case she gets killed, so you can back up a bit to keep her.

I've not asked Serena as yet about being cured. I made a save, then asked her. She said she'd be gone for a few days and would meet me at home. Thing is, where is "home" for her? Solstheim ? Whiterun? Dawnguard? So I reverted back to the save before I'd asked her about being cured, and have kept her near.

I do wonder how the game would change if I "let" her get cured. Or, I ask her to turn me?

I did do the Vampire Lord once. It was great until I was sent on "errand's" like what happens when you're the Listener, Guildmaster. But then I owned the Castle, and was sent out for minor stuff.

orca45

>> Well, I don't know if she changed. As I said, her eyes pupils are green not orange but she is still complaining about the sunlight and covering her head with her hood. I gave her an enchanted college hood but she does continue switching to her original hood when she is outside. It does look to me that after being a vampire for a long time, she is not yet tuned to her new life but it should not be like that. In the game, if she is cured, she should not show any sign or behavior related to vampirism anymore but that is not the case.
In combat she does continue using her drain life spell ( related to vampires ) and I have tried to have her use an enchanted light armor like a college robe or even a light dawnguard enchanted armor, but she does not like them and she is still wearing her royal vampire robe. I don't like that but some players have reported that she is willing to wear other armors but not in my case.
Some players gave her life potion but in my case, I do not have the need to do so. The stuff that I gave her, increased her life / stamina and magicka to very high levels that will keep her from dying in combat.

orca45

I forgot to mention that when she is off to Morthal to get her cure from Falion, you need to wait 3 days game for her to come back to Dawnguard Fort. She will show up, just sit tight and you will see her sitting in the main lobby waiting for you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts