Xbox 360 "Scratchy" 360 noise during manual save

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Curious Mew

I'm curious!
Recently, i have noticed my 360 making a "scratchy" like noise, every single time i do a manual save. I do not hear this noise during a autosave, but i do hear it during a manual save in Skyrim only.

Could this have anything to do with the Cloud saves, where my saves are stored? It could be possible that the 360 is saving more often that it was probably built to, and on top of that, being sent to the cloud every 15 minutes by default.

I play on an Xbox 360 Slim, has anyone else experienced this before?

xDonna

I heard it all the time considering my old Xbox was 6 years old. When it got the RROD I changed Xboxs and it didn't do it any more.
However, when I started playing Skyrim it did that occasionally so I just downloaded the game onto my hard drive considering that the playable hours on Skyrim could kill my Xbox.
Try that and it will run smoother!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I always install a game that I'm going to play a lot like Skyrim. If you are only use it once in awhile then play off the disc otherwise install it, less hassles in the long run.

Curious Mew

I'm curious!
I heard it all the time considering my old Xbox was 6 years old. When it got the RROD I changed Xboxs and it didn't do it any more.
However, when I started playing Skyrim it did that occasionally so I just downloaded the game onto my hard drive considering that the playable hours on Skyrim could kill my Xbox.
Try that and it will run smoother!
I had Skyrim installed on the very first day i played it, so i am positive that is not the cause for the noise.

Unless the hard drive is taking a beating from the constant saving, i really can't think of anything else. My 360 has been taken very good care of and is in great condition, it's only 1 year old. So as you can imagine, i am very puzzled by the strange scratching noise i hear. It could be happening to a lot of people, though it probably doesn't bug them as much.

xDonna

It's never happened on my new Cbox considering my new one is only 3 months old.
However, my brother's Xbox is about 2 years old and it's doing that a lot to his so I'd say it's just the Xbox. If you're worried though look online more thoroughly. [:

Curious Mew

I'm curious!
Just an update, i managed to figure out what the problem was. I contacted Xbox support and they told me to remove the hard drive and slip it back in. I had no idea where the hard drive was located on the Slim model until just here recently (standing vertically, it's discreetly located underneath the system). My hard drive was not pushed in all the way. I can see how this might have been a problem, due to shipping of the product to the store, etc.

I hope this helps someone in the future, because it fixed my "scratching" noise! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts