Sallow Regent health drain bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mark Frizzell

This afternoon after getting the sallow regent book, my character won’t stop taking damage and so the game has become unplayable. I’ve found lots of potential fixes for this but none are working for me. If I try to use a black book to go back inside, I just get a message on the screen about the world disappearing and a spooky sound like something’s happening, but then nothing happens. I’ve created a new save and exited the game and reloaded. I’ve tried the healing stone in Whiterun, getting arrested, cure disease and poison potions, killing myself…so far nothing has fixed it. I’m about a month into the game and will probably just put it on the shelf if my game save isn’t salvageable. Anyone have experience solving this?

AlecBrinker1

The health drain continued beyond the book?
Have you tried entering the book again, and carrying with you a light source so you don't take damage?

Mark Frizzell

The health drain continued beyond the book?
Have you tried entering the book again, and carrying with you a light source so you don't take damage?
I couldn’t get back into the book initially. It took me awhile to realize that the books only work in Soltsheim. When I went back there I finally was able to get into the book again and then back out and it fixed the problem. Only took a couple hours of wandering around and trying not to die before I figured it out, lol. Glad that I didn’t have to start over though!

Brave

This afternoon after getting the sallow regent book, my character won’t stop taking damage and so the game has become unplayable. I’ve found lots of potential fixes for this but none are working for me. If I try to use a black book to go back inside, I just get a message on the screen about the world disappearing and a spooky sound like something’s happening, but then nothing happens. I’ve created a new save and exited the game and reloaded. I’ve tried the healing stone in Whiterun, getting arrested, cure disease and poison potions, killing myself…so far nothing has fixed it. I’m about a month into the game and will probably just put it on the shelf if my game save isn’t salvageable. Anyone have experience solving this?

If this problem persists in the future, download a mod that allows you to drop quest items. Leave the book in a chest or a barrel, fast travel away, then return to pick it up. If not, go back to Skyrim then back to Soltshelm.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts