• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
THE RULES:

1. Any overpowered action will automatically roll a 1 (example: "I clap my hands to create a sonic boom that destroys everyone within a 50 mile radius"). Stuff like "I pull a battle axe out of my pants" will fail too.
2. This RTD will be semi serious, so nothing too out of the ordinary.
3. If you don't take your turn within a reasonable time, I might warn you. If you do it twice, you're dead.
9. Our goal should be to have a turn every 24 hours to keep the pacing.
7. All actions in bold
6. All actions in within 24 hours of scenario.

Disposition:
The GM (Game Master) posts a situation the players are in. The players then post their actions, according to the conditions GM sets. The GM then rolls for the actions' results, and writes them out in his post. Then the players post actions again, ad infinitum.

The action results are defined by a 6-sided die roll:
[Below 1] Like a 1 but you get -1 to your next roll.
[1] Complete failure. Whatever you just did failed so much it's hard to believe.
[2] Failure. Damn.
[3] Didn't quite succed. Bad stuff might happen.
[4] Just barely succeded.
[5] Success. Booya.
[6] Overshot! Success, but with unfortunate side effects.

Skills

Everyone chooses one skill. It can be used every 3 turns and must be allocated to something specific.
Skills CAN'T be combat based. Everything else from lockpicking to bluffing to pooping is fine though. If you score a 6 while using a skill, you upgrade it to a +2.

You can acquire new skills by doing stuff and scoring high at it.

Environment penalty
If you go searching for something in a place where it's pretty darn unlikely to be(like go looking for swords when you're stuck in a prisoncell) you'll get a -1 penalty to your roll.

Element of Suprise
If you attack an enemy who is unaware of your presence, you'll get a +1 bonus to your roll. I'll let you know if you have the element of surprise.

Health System
Perfect[5]-Good[4]-Okay[3]-Bad[2]-Near death[1]-Dead[0]

Potions
Potions are a free action. You can't take them during combat but they won't take up your round when you use one. A normal healthpotion will heal +1 If you roll a [6] it will heal + 2 if you roll a [1] it won't have any effect. There are other potions.

Attacks
Unarmed attacks gets a -1 penalty against armed opponents. A weapon will not get a +1 bonus unless unless it's good enough. IE, unless I say it has a +1 bonus, it doesn't have one.

Character signup sheet
Your character is humanoid. Meaning no freaky tentacle monster, snakes or whatever. Orcs, elves, whatever(as long as it's not something insane).

Name:
Skill:

Example Character Sheet
Name: John Doe.
Short Biography: John was brought up on a small farm, raised in the art of karate.
Skill: Climbing.

Setting will be 4E Cyrodiil.

When the first 6 have written their characters I will assign each of them a different beginning. The beginnings WON'T be balanced at all. Some might start with equipment, some won't have anything.

Be creative, be spontaneous and have fun.

I reserve the right to be dumb and unfair. Feel free to complain though. It's cool.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts