• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Don't worry about the rep, glad you like it. :)

As for the Vampire route, I feel like turning into one would go against her distaste for Magic. When I picture her in my head, she does use enchanted weapons/items if found, but isn't necessarily happy about it; she views it as necessary evil, so to speak. So I feel like if she turned into a Vamp she'd end up hating herself for being under that Magic umbrella in a way.

Might take Miss Tally-Wa on that route, though. Could be interesting. :)

Also, Luther Pundragon ... come hither and see my story!

I will read it now! :eek:

TomatoThief

• Will I be missing out on anything if I decide to create a roleplaying character with a certain personality/moral compass?

Missing out on content - yes. Missing out on enjoyment - no. You will gain much more satisfaction staying true to your character's personality and circumstance. You can experience the entire game with one character, but the stretches you have to make from an RP perspective will become comical.
  • What can I do to make the roleplaying experience more enjoyable, and make it feel more "real"/immersive?

Why are you in Helgen? Create at least a shallow biography of your character. From this biography, you will derive your motivations and aspirations. It doesn't have to strictly follow lore, but it should be somewhat plausible. You can inject unmentioned scenes into the story. To be brief, my character is an alcoholic and moon sugar addict, a vice passed down through many generations (Hint, my last name is "Cosades"). I was traveling with a Khajit caravan when our camp was beset by a force of Stormcloaks, led by none other than Ulfric. Ulfric ordered the torture and execution of all but one Khajit, who was set free as a warning. In my stupor I managed to stumble away, just as the Stormcloaks were attacked by Imperials. The Stormcloaks lost, and I was in no condition for anything but to be run down and captured. I'm knocked out, and wake up in an executioner's cart on my way to Helgen. None of this happened, but it is plausible and set me up for several factions to join, and other motivations. The vice of drugs and alcohol segued my character into the Companions for reasons that are getting to be beyond this reply.
  • How do you stick to who your character is, given the variety of options/quests in the game?

Your character can and will change. Nothing in this or any world is static. How hard it is to change is up to you, but when you do change, have a reason.
  • Do you find that the main quest takes away from your character's personality?

Negative. There is nothing about discovering you possess an ancient power of dragons that is not desirable to any character. If you find the questline to be strongly against you, imagine that the shout, triggered by the that first battle, manifests itself in a painful way unless released. Perhaps you begin to suffer headaches which are relieved by shouting, but they begin to escalate to debilitating migraines, requiring a level of control offered only by the Greybeards. You may not like it, but this is who you are.
  • How did you get started with roleplaying a certain character?

I find that Elder Scrolls games, by their nature, are easy and full of exploits for the power gamer. Using self-handicaps while still just playing "a game" quickly becomes pathetic. "I know there's an enchanted Daedric katana in that bush, but I'm going to pretend it's not there because then the game would be too easy." Roleplaying provides the motivation for doing or not doing something in a more reasonable way than "or else it would be too easy."
  • What little things do you do during the game that brings your character to life?

As stated, my character has a vice. A pretty extreme one. I pick up and consume virtually all drugs I come across. I purchase them from vendors whenever possible, at any cost. My character's motivations became very interesting (and this was unintended at the start) when he became infected with the Beast Blood. How the blood interacts with the addiction turned out to be an interesting change to my character.
  • If you play a "good" character, how do you rationalize killing people?

Try not to inject your concept of good and evil from your real life into your character. There are mechanics of religion, deities, and soul manipulation that weigh heavily into what is or is not moral. Play through the lore of the game, in which the judge, jury, and execution of those who are enemies of civilization is acceptable and lauded. There is no fear of the unknown in Skyrim. Death is very known.

-TT

mrlymric

One thing i love about skyrim is the ability to RP the game to what i want it to be, example , i am playing a Femael Wood Elf, i lost my parents during the civil war and now im growng up on my own. I left home with all the advuice and training my parents had given me over the years. As in, remember your a wood elf, our beliefs is we do not do alchemy, smithing nor magic, this is now our way. Scavage what you can and sell to highest bidder in towns, keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.

I am having a blast with my character she is a stealth/archer and that is all BUT along the way i have come across you have showed me that not all magic is bad as my parents had always told me. So she is now branching out in the school of Enchanting but she still stays clear of the Magic college, she can't disbelief what her parents has taught her completely rofl.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
My characters, in this or any game, regardless of race, class or gender, all have one thing in common with me, the creator/player of said character.

They feel and act like they are on the outside looking in most of the time, always certain they don't truly "belong" anywhere.

Skyrim above any other game I've played, makes that the easiest world in which to approach functioning that way and enjoy it.

Different strokes...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts