• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    The group made their way through the chilly air and falling snow to Dawnstar, just barely visible through the thick cluster of trees and foliage that made up the forest. Most were in high spirits, others were conversing in hushed tones or remaining completely silent. Alistar had doubled over a moment before, clutching his chest in pain and falling to his knees as some unknown source of pain ravaged him from the inside. Melee had been concerned instantly, and readied a healing spell as she had made her way to him, but almost as quickly as the pain had set upon Alistar, it had just as quickly vanished. He made it clear that he didn’t want to dwell on the incident that had just taken place, and Melee reluctantly withdrew her spell from her palm, still curious and concerned about what had just happened.

Einarr had made his way to the front of the group, and was walking very quickly in order to stay some distance ahead of them. By the time the rest of the group had reached the Dawnstar, Einarr was nowhere to be found and there was a steadily rising pillar of smoke coming from the far side of town. The group was so exhausted that they hardly paid any attention to it, instead choosing to go straight to the inn for some food, drink, and rest.

From the back end of the group, Melee overheard Crow speaking to Edwyn as they discussed Alistar’s behavior and Circe, openly voicing his concern about keeping her in the group. Frowning slightly, she turned her head in their direction as they continued on toward the inn. “If Alistar wanted you to know what was wrong, I’m sure he would have shared it with us by now.”

The fact that they had also decided to bring up Circe bothered her slightly. Melee did not exactly enjoy her company, but she wouldn’t tolerate the attitude Crow had, especially since he referred to her as a “creature”. She cleared her throat. “Crow, whether you like it or not, Circe is part of the group. I would advise you to just put those events behind you. She’s done nothing but help us since then.”

As they reached the steps to the inn, Melee had a sudden realization that almost stopped her dead in her tracks. Alistar’s painful expression earlier had been mulling in the back of her mind, and a chance memory of the Falmer fight in the cave shed some light on what had happened. Of course, he had been fighting as a werewolf then. How could I have forgotten? It seemed like ages had passed since then, when in reality it couldn’t have been more than a day or two ago. His werewolf side must be clawing at him and causing him pain. That explains the reaction he had earlier. Melee made a mental note to ask Alistar about it later, once they had a chance to speak more privately.

Rooms were requested, and once everyone was settled and cleaned up a bit, met back at a table in the inn to order food and figure out what their plan would be. Everyone had just received their food when Geel entered the inn and joined them, handing Alistar the reward money they had received for news about the Thane. His head kept nodding, and as he said something about translating the Thane’s journal, finally slumped onto the table as his overwhelming exhaustion took over.

Melee looked at Geel, smiling softly and looking toward Alistar. “If you’d like, I can try and translate the journal, just to give Geel a break from it.” Taking a few bites of the meat set in front of her, Melee looked around the group. “Until it’s deciphered, I don’t think we can really take much more action. I’m sure the journal will tell us just about everything we need to know. I can get started on it as soon as I’m done eating, if you’d like.”

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    “If you’d like, I can try and translate the journal, just to give Geel a break from it.” Alistair nodded, and the journal was passed to her. Alistair stood from his seat after finishing the rest of his meal, leaving a sizable tip for the innkeeper. "I'm getting some air, I'll be just outside." He said, dabbing his face with a cloth before setting it down and making his way out the front door.

The cool night air swirled around him as he stepped out onto the rickety wooden porch. As bland and dreary as war-torn Dawnstar was, the sky was a stunning mirage of different shades of blue and green. Seemingly alien curtains of auroras drifting across the clear night sky; emblazoned with shining stars. The twin moons also hung low, first quarters so massive and close it was as if they were but a stone's throw away. The larger, Masser, was of a terracotta red hue. Marred with jagged canyons and mountains. The smaller, Secunda was pale and eerie. It's hue akin to the chalk-white skin of the dead. It was pockmarked with craters and rock formations.
    Alistair sighed, letting his head hang as he leaned against the wooden railing of the porch. Soon it'd be the full moon, and whether ot not he'd be able to hold back the beast inside him; baying to be left out, he did not know.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn had rented a room and was currently sitting in the room's bed, trying to relax his tired muscles. He was applying a bit of health potion to whatever wounds remained. It was then that he looked at the window and noticed one of the moon's shining bright in the sky nearly full. He then remembered Alistair, how he'd seemed to be fighting something internally during the last fight with the Falmer in that cave. Edwyn became a bit worried so he exited the room and looked for the man.

Edwyn did not see the man anywhere in the tavern. Frustrated, he walked out the door where he was instantly looking at Alistair. Edwyn approached the man and said, "Interesting day today heh?" He then whispered just so that only Alistair could hear him. "Can you control the beast tonight?"

Geel-Kajin

(OOC: Okay Google I am getting rather freaked out by the creepy post, but you need some more comprehension to this! Like how did this happen. One moment we came out of the cave, and next- where are you in the first place?)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Tell me, Geel. What have you lot made of your little escapade?"

Geel frowned. As much as he missed the man, this realm and all within it was unnatural, terrifying. It was shocking to see how figments of his own imagination could conjure up such a dream, making even it's creator fear the unknown within it.

Farengar sat on a grey stone, the crude slab jutting from the moor's cold mist, the only landmark as far as he could see. His smile was as dry as his clothes, somehow untouched by the chilling wet air. Geel's frown deepened- Despite the overall scenery, clearly he needed to pay more attention to details, lest all his dreams turn out so full of flaws.

"I mean, you guys are alive! Proof of the impossible.
    But truthfully, do you think you have succeeded in your own goal?"

"You mean the last task? I-I ermm...."
    Geel's voice trailed off, uncertain. Now that he thought about it, was he truly leading Einarr in the right direction? He remembered Farengar's task as clear as daylight, but had he performed it to his fullest capabilities? Had he really cured the boy's bitter rage, or merely fanned it into an inferno?

He had watched Einarr loose all he had, and in his grief unlock the storm within. He had seen him exact his blood soaked vengeance on all who stood in his path, burn down the house which brought him loss. Was he really better off in their company, or had they messed with something beyond their reckoning?

"Keep trying, Geel."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    (Alistar didn't turn in the last fight.)

When Edwyn stepped out on the porch, Alistar couldn't help but loathe his presence. Although he was sure that Edwyn was a fine man and a great addition to the team; Alistar just wanted to be alone. They made expected small talk at first; remarking on how the past few days were interesting to say the least. "Can you control the beast tonight?" The topic was bound to come sooner or later, and as it was brought up Alistar felt a tightening in his gut. "Rest assured, it'll be fine." He replied with finality, a pang of ill-content in his voice. "It's getting cold, we should head back inside." And with that, Alistar had broken off the encounter.

Alistar stepped back inside, leaving the door open for Edwyn behind him. As he began making his way up the stairs, he began to feel his energy sapping; the work and fighting had caught up with him and now he was feeling exhausted. With an exasperated sigh Alistar opened his door and closed it behind him, taking care to lock it as well.

He unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it aside, leaving it in a crumpled heap on the floor. For a moment, he stood in front of the mirror. Staring back at his reflection with worn, tired eyes. His chiseled body was marred with scarring; pale gashes long since inflicted lining his torso. He sighed, kicking off his boots and jumping into bed before drifting off to an easy sleep.

Derath_farseer

Einarr sat in silence as he sat apart from the group, his eyes fixxed on the now empty bottle of wine in front of him. His hazy mind thought back to before any of this had happened, before the falmer or his gift. Einarr opened his hand and looked at the scar resting in the center of his hand and willed a small flame, little more then a spark, to life.
    "So pure.... so cleansing." He thought to him self before closing his hand and extinguishing the flame. He pushed him self away from the table and stood up, almost falling as he did so. He slowly made his way to the rooms, swaying with each step. Forgetting where his ways he drunkenly attempted to open each door he walked past hoping to find his. Eventually he found it, after a rather annoyed patron was awoken and got the inn keeper to take Einarr to his room. He opened the door closing it behind him then collapsed in a dream filled slumber.
    His mind is filled with images of Jessica as he slept, during happier times, and after. The image of her undead corpse, with an arrow piercing her skull was the most prominent.
    Suffice to say Einarr had a far from peaceful slumber.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    Crow returned to the inn after spending a good twenty minutes looking for a suitable sword to replace his own. While none of then were quite as good, he eventually found a elven longsword that suited his fighting style. He spent the remainder of his gold buying some new leather armor and a cloak. Eager to rest his feet, crow quickly sat down beside Geel who, from the sound of his snoring, was completely worn out.

As crow sat there he began to think back on what Melee had said earlier, about him forgetting what Circe had done. He knew Melee didn't like it when he called Circe a creature, but can someone with no humanity really be called human? Can someone who calls others disposable really be called a person?

His thoughts returning to the present, crow glanced at the sleeping Geel and decided he would move Geel to his bed. Seeing Edwyn enter the inn after his discussion with Alister crow called over to him "Edwyn, will you help me move Geel to his room?"

Skyrimosity

Edwyn hadn't even had time to order a nice, cold mead after walking into the Inn before Crow called him. Crow wanted him to help move Geel to his room. "Sure Crow. After fighting endless amounts of Falmer in a cave, barely escaping with my life, and having enough cuts to play connect the slashes, I would just love to haul a passed out Argonian to his room." Edwyn walked over to Crow and looked at the sleeping Argonian. "How exactly are we going to carry him without waking him up?"

Geel-Kajin

Geel heard people around him, their voices echoing in his slumber. It roused him from the very depths of his sleep, yet it could not bring him to open his eyes. No, he didn't want to wake up. His eyelids had taken on the properties of lead, and all willpower had drained out of him. He just wanted to be dead to the world, asleep and spared from the troubles of reality.

Two voices threatened; They boomed so loudly in his ears that it shook the very foundation of his dreams, tearing apart all hopes of rest. He felt like a bear in hibernation, so protected by sleep against the bitter cold. Now these two hunters had come, and he had no choice but to waken.

"If you two wanted the table... Just push me onto the floor, I'l just-" unable to finish his slurred sentence, Geel hissed in frustration, deciding to save those two people the effort of deciphering his words. Kicking out with one leg, he shoved himself off the chair. Those two people- whoever they were, (sounded like couples from their squabbling), they could have the table in peace. Meanwhile, he could have the floor, where he could rest free.

Google

(Please note that this is to be read in first person through the eyes of Shadow-Tail)
    ________________________________________________________________________________

My eyes open as a feeling of pain shot through me like a sharp arrow would my once pure flesh. Slowly, I got up from off the floor, only to see that I was still in the damned house with the child that has summoned me. Before I spoke a word, I took another look at my unholy appearance. Daedric armor covered my body from top to bottom. Even my tail is armored.

As I look on, horror filled me as it did before when I first realized my newfound curse. Then a realization came to me. Maybe I can take the armor off. Quickly, I grabbed the helmet that covered my face and attemped to tossed it off. I failed to do so. I tried to do the same with my gauntlets, but it was if I was trying to take off my own hand.

With great speed, I looked around the house and found a old, filthy mirror. I lefted my right hand and used magicka it create a blood-red flame to bring light to the darkness the unclear mirror. The horror of my armored body was devastating indeed, but to see it from a mirror! It was if I was a completely different person, if one could even call me a person anymore.

"What happened? Where am I? Speak, mortal!" I said unexpectedly in a demanding voice, causing the boy to flinch.

"I... we are in Dawnstar, in the new building that was built after the Nords burnt down that old museum. And I would guess that the summoning spell has drained your energy."

I was surprised be the child's swift answer as he observed the markings that was used for the summoning spell.

"If what you say is true about the spell, than you must be a weak mage. If you had skill, the summoning would have prevented me from even attempting to escape. Speaking of escape... Dawnstar you said?"

If I was indeed in Dawnstar, than I would make to the inn. If I still have any of my sanity left, I should be able to track down that group I was with. I hope that they can answer the question as to why they left me to die...

"Wait, where are you going? You have to stay!"

I turned to the boy as I was halfway out the door as snow began flowing in from the outside.

"Why should I? You have not the ability to make me stay, as the summoning spell did not bind me to you."

"But if I don't go, the town is going to attack you... and I can help you blind in."

"Blind in?" I though as I stood at the doorway, realizing that the boy had a point. I would never make it to the inn, as the guards would cut any daedric that moved anywhere near town. "Do you have any robes that I could use? Long and black would be wonderful."

If I am to find the rest of the group, I'll have to do so without everyone noticing that I'm a daedra.

With great speed, the child ran over to a dresser, opened it, and dragged out a long black mages robe. The boy walked back over to me and handed over the robes, which I grabbed from his hands and tossed on.

Thankfully, the robes covered my face alongside the rest of my body, expect for my tall of course.

"Perfect, if only for the present situation. I appreciate the help." With that said, I preceded to walk out the door. This time the boy didn't say anything, but instead, and to my frustration, he walked up next to me and kept pace.

"Why do daedra have tails? I was told they looked more like us... I mean like an human or elf."

I let out a sigh as the cool wind and snow of winter pressed against the thick cloth of the mages robe, wind and snow that I could no longer feel under my unholy armored and daedra marked skin. "Because I was once a proud argonian, but I died. Somehow I have come back as a damned daedra creature. Are you satisfied know?"

The boy looked at me for a moment, but not with fear, but sadness. "I'm sorry to hear that. Tell you what, I'll tell you my name if you tell me yours."

The inn was still a walk away from the museum, but If I am to endure a conversation, I am going to make it as short as possible.

"Shadow-Tail"

The boy grinned at my response. "My names Vuland. Nice to meet you, Shadow."

I let out a frustrated sigh as I gave the child an enraged look.

"First of all, we are not friends, and we are not going to be working together. This is only a temporary... partnership until I find my employer. Second of all, do not talk to me unless I speak to you. Understand?"

The boy nodded to him in fear as we approached Dawnstar's Inn. I opened the door and was met by the same smelling air of blood and beer that I have always smelt in Skyrim's inns.

I walked up to the innkeeper and turned to the boy. "I hope that you have some gold on you?"

Thankfully, the boy did, as he handed me a small bag of gold coins. As I turned back to the innkeeper, I quickly handed him a few coins for a room.

"Do you want any food or drink?"

"No" was my answer as I signaled for the Vuland to follow me.

As I looked around the inn, I noticed two figures surrounding a table... the wizard! The wizard that hired me... and left me die! Two others stood near his table.

I turned to Vuland. "Vuland, find our room. I have some... buisness that I must deal with."

As the boy ran off, I walked towards the two near the wizard, who seemed to be sleeping, or at least trying to sleep.

"I'll help you move the wizard to his room."

I turn my head to the two that stood near the wizard. "Crow and Edwyn, I suppose? I was only with the wizard's little group for a short time. Caves have a bad habit of falling down on people, would you not agree?"

Flint firestorm

(google it's crow and Edwyn, not melee)
    Crow stared at the robbed figure for a moment, not recognizing him. Crow, only recently joining the group himself hadn't had time to learn all there names before the battle. However, upon seeing the tale he released that it must be the other argoinion, shadow-tail, who was in the group. Crow felt a pang of guilt, realizing that they had forgotten him.

"your help would be appreciated friend. Right, Edwyn you grab his arms and I'll grad his legs" turning to Shadow-tail "you get the door okay?" crow then leaned diwn and lifted Geel by the legs while Edwyn grabbed his arms. They then carried him over to the room where shadow-tail then open the door and they lay Geel on the bed in the room and left, shutting the door behind them.

"okay Shadow-tail, you find us a table a we can talk, Edwyn and me will gat some drinks." he before turning and walking with Edwyn to the bar. When they reached it crow turned and talked to Edwyn in a hushed tone "Edwyn i feel uneasy about Shadow-tail. I feel like somethings amiss, do you feel it to?" crow asked, checking if he was the only one with these suspicions.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Melee began studying the journal as she finished her meal, focusing intently on ancient words she hadn't read or thought about since she had left the Summerset Isles many years ago. A crease formed in her brow as she attempted to concentrate, but found it impossible to do in her current location. Sighing in frustration, Melee stood from her chair, placing a small leather strip in between the pages she was reading. Leaving a few coins on the table for the innkeeper, she headed up to her room, passing Alistar as well as Crow and Edwyn without noticing them, her mind too caught up in deciphering the journal.

Once she was in her room, Melee relaxed immensely, feeling much calmer where the sounds of the inn were muted and held at bay by the sturdy wooden door. She peeled off her boots and the outer layer of leather she was wearing, feeling much more comfortable in her pants and soft cloth shirt that she wore under her protective layer.

Breathing deeply, Melee sat on her bed with her legs crossed, focusing her mental energy inward to find her center so that she could fully relax and concentrate on the task at hand. After a moment of peaceful meditating, Melee grabbed a few sheets of paper out of her satchel to take notes on what she discovered in the Thane's journal. Opening up the faded book to the pages she had marked with a strip of leather, she took a stick of charcoal and began writing some notes from journal entries she had already read. Soon, Melee became so absorbed in her task that her notes began to appear in the journal itself as well as the parchment sitting in front of her.

The journal described a device called The Voice of Lorkhan, an enormous device that the Dwemer considered a gift from Lorkhan. Not much was known about it, because before the Dwemer could actually put it to use, they disappeared.

They must have seen it coming, their ultimate demise, and known that there was nothing they could do to stop it. Why else would they have disassembled their precious Voice, splitting it so that no one would ever be able to use it again?

Melee's bright green eyes flew over the page as she bit down softly on one of her fingers in concentration. What had happened to the Dwemer to make them disappear, seemingly overnight? It was a question that had certainly haunted Tamriel for ages, but after countless investigations and theoretical considerations, nothing had been found that could account for a solid reason behind the Dwemer's disappearance.

Reading on, Melee discovered that the Thane wanted to hunt the missing components of the Voice, the Eye of Magnus and the Eyes of the Falmer in order to construct the Voice again. Although his details of what he wanted to do once the Voice was whole again were vague, she could gather the general idea of what he wanted to accomplish; use the Voice and it's power to take over Tamriel, or possibly Nirn. The power was no doubt great enough, and in the hands of someone like the Thane, there was no end to the havoc it could wreak on the world.

The Dwemer were intelligent and cunning, for they hid the main components of the Voice well. However, by examining these riddles I've discovered in unearthed tomes amongst the ruins, I think I have been able to determine the location of each component:

The Eye was buried deep in ruins, where the tears were unable to reach it that fateful and atrocious night ages ago. But magic has a way of unearthing things long lost and anxiously sought after.

The Eyes were born of bitter contempt, far below the surface in an icy refuge that would soon prove to be Their ultimate undoing. While They became slaves to the blindness, the Eyes were born blind, patiently awaiting the day of freedom, which would come through thieving methods.

There were smudges along the edges of the paper, no doubt from the Thane's musings of where the locations would be. He must have found his answers, because there were two smudges that were larger than the rest, with bits of unsmudged exclamation points at the end. Try as she might, Melee could not decipher what had been written there and she growled in frustration.

Sitting up and rubbing her temples, Melee looked down at the journal and her notes. She had written down what she deemed most important from the journal, such as the history of the Voice and what they were looking for. She had also marked down an interesting note she had found toward the end of the journal, regarding the construct's "shut down" method. It involved combining the blood of the summoner with the construct once it had been fully assembled. Once the construct was put together, this would be the only way to stop it.

Melee hoped that would be their last ditch attempt to stop the Falmer. If they could figure out where the Eye of Magnus and the Eyes of the Falmer were located, then they wouldn't to combine any blood with the construct. However, that was easier said than done. Melee's mind was racing a mile a minute as she looked over the riddles, but she was so mentally drained from translating the journal that she gave up any attempts to solve them. This would be better accomplished with the whole group working together, she decided.

Looking out the window, Melee was surprised to see that the sun was now rising over the horizon. She had been working on this all night with such a fervor that she had failed to notice the passage of time. Scooping up all of her materials, she hastily shuffled them into a somewhat neat pile and stuffed them inside the journal. She ran out of her door, banging on Alistar and Geel's doors and yelling for them to come out. Everyone else was sitting around one of the larger tables enjoying a warm drink, and looked at her with surprise and confusion as she bounded to the head of the table and threw the journal and papers down onto it.

Melee planted her hands on the table and leaned forward, as if she were an army commander discussing the next military strategy over a map of the enemy's territory. "I've been up all night deciphering the Thane's journal, and I know what we have to do." She handed the journal to Edwyn, who was sitting on her right, so he could start looking through it and passing it down to everyone else. "There are more details in that journal, but I've written down the general idea of what needs to be done to stop the Falmer." She straightened up and crossed her arms across her chest, a rekindled and hopeful fire in her eyes. "We just need to figure out how it's going to be done amongst ourselves."

Skyrimosity

Edwyn responded to Crow's question earlier with a rather calm voice. "I don't think we really need to worry." That ended the conversation. Edwyn and Crow, joined by Shadow-Tail, drank at the table all night. It was not said nor discussed, but Edwyn could tell that Crow was a bit traumatized after the last fight with the Falmer. Edwyn remembered the last fight vividly and he knew that without Crow and himself then the group may have been overrun. The two had, after all, held their ground during times of uncertainty and danger. It wouldn't be something Edwyn would easily forget.

As the hours passed, Melee suddenly came and sat at the table with a journal. She passed the deciphered journal to Edwyn for some reason or another. Edwyn didn't ask what it was but simply opened the book and began to read what Melee had written.

Edwyn passed the journal down to Crow and then turned to Melee. "Melee, I have a question. I assume our goal is to grab the Eye of Magnus and the Eyes of the Falmer? Well... in what way could our small group possibly grab the two artifacts before the Falmer do? The items are undoubtedly at the top of the Falmer's to do list if they know they must get them and where to get them so how should we happen upon them first?" Edwyn's voice had been, perhaps, a bit shaky as the whole idea of chasing artifacts against hordes of Falmer without absolute certainty it was the right solution sounded a bit... well... insane to him.

Geel-Kajin

"Nghh..."

His thoughts clouded in the haze of sleep, it was an effort even to frown in confusion. How on earth had he moved into this foreign room? He could still see the misty moors, it's cold bite somehow clearer to him than the present.

A startling series of bangs forcefully removed the last traces of grogginess, and his eyes jumped open in fright. It had not been too long ago when such a sound had been the heralding trumpets of combat, club and shield battering heads with terrifying noise. For a flash, he heard the battle once again: The cries of the dying pitching themselves against the crunch of iron and wood, against the roar of flame and falling shrapnel.

Then the sounds faded away, replaced by one of reality. It was a voice, calling them from their slumber. It took a while to recall, but it came to him all the same. Of course... Dammit Melee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were all seated when he arrived, but thankfully he managed to catch on to what they were saying. "We just need to find out how it's going to be done amongst ourselves"

When Crow passed the journal over to him, his brow raised in surprise. This translation was incredibly accurate, and it intrigued him that someone could do this overnight. The original writing was a complex tongue, as devious and tricky as were it's makers. To do this in such a short span of time was most challenging to achieve.

" I salute you for your translation, Melee. It's most impressive, may I ask where you learnt it from? Old Elvish is not a common thing nowadays."

However, he was somewhat disturbed by what Edwyn said, for the sheer reason that it was true. The Falmer had numbers spanning impossible, their horde thriving in the depths. What were they now? A group of-using his race's expression- hatchlings. They would not survive against such vast numbers, who had no doubt gained a head-start.

Staring at the journal, it dawned upon him the severity of what they had gotten themselves into. Not only for their lives either- Imagine what would happen if they failed, and the horde gained the voice for their disposal. Dragons could hardly be considered a danger against that. He placed his head in his hands, daunted by the task at hand.

But it seemed there was no going back now. They had signed their own death contracts, with the only variable being whether or not they could do good with their sacrifice. Sighing in resignation, he took a look at the information, analyzing and processing what he could.

"If the Thane is correct, then I think it's safe to assume to Falmer are still searching for the two components.

If we think about it, the locations of these two items were the only things truly keeping him alive- His insurance, if you would like. Weapons may have been what the Thane was offering in exchange, but what would happen when his stock ran out? Why, he would be killed by those creatures, so loathing they are of us surface-dwellers.

With the locations kept secret by him, they would have no choice but to listen to his wishes and deliver his goods. After all, with their lack of communication with the outside world, they would be their only source for their answer.

This gives us a momentary advantage. But once they find out their dear Thane is missing, no doubt they will begin a massive search on their own. I estimate that with their current population, it will not be too long before they find the 3 eyes. "

Geel scanned the journal once again, giving a angry glare at those smudges. Eyes flitting to the rest of the page, he read again the most confusing riddles on the 3 eyes. Damn those people, trying to make their works sound so poetical- It's facts most look for, not art!

"We need to start moving on our own. If this is the case, then I think we need to split ourselves as such; magically inclined members of our group should search for the Eyes of the Magnus, particularly those with connections with the College of Winterhold. The journal gives reference to magic revealing all- Where better to start look than at the seat of magic itself?

Now, the eyes of the Falmer are a musing... I'll give a shot at this sentence regarding "thieving methods". I'm not sure if any amongst us are connected to the Thieve's Guild, But I'm sure we'll find something in Riften. This second action is a wild stab, but there isn't much left to try...Let's see what the others think of"

Flint firestorm

"connected to the thieves guild huh? i guess you could say that. i had a friend in Valenwood, named Niruin, we used to work in a guild together. last i heard he was working in Riften and, knowing him, he's probably working with the guild you mentioned. if i could find him i'm sure i could get him to give us the info we need." although Crow hadn't seen Niruin since he was forced to leave Valenwood, he had kept his ears open for any word of his old friend and Crow had overheard these rumors of his whereabouts while staying at the inn in whiterun.
    "now, to the matter of the staff, while i have know doubt that the collage of winterhold would love to help us in are endeavours, do you really think that the collage will just give us the staff? from what i've heard the collage is very protective of there magical artifacts." as he said this, it suddenly occurred to him that Circe wasn't present...

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    " I salute you for your translation, Melee. It's most impressive, may I ask where you learnt it from? Old Elvish is not a common thing nowadays."

Melee blushed and scratched the back of her head, golden skin reddening slightly on her cheeks. "Thank you, Geel, but it's not the great accomplishment you think it is. When I was in school back in the Summerset Isles, I spent many years, more than I care to admit, learning this language. It intrigued me because it seemed lost amongst all these current languages that are constantly evolving." Taking a seat at the head of the table, Melee leaned forward and loosely clasped her hands together, shrugging causally. "I'm just glad I remember all those lessons. It's been quite some time since I've read those characters, but it all came back to me eventually."

She smiled softly, running a finger along a crack in the wood before turning to address Edwyn. The question he posed was one that she had thought about briefly during the night as the translation of the journal was coming to an end. Taking a deep breath, Melee clasped her hands together once again, this time wringing them anxiously. "I thought about it a bit last night, and unfortunately the only idea I could come up with that would be feasible is to split up and send each group to find a different artifact. Of course, if we were to do that, we would only do it after we discovered where the artifacts actually are, something we still need to do."

Listening to Geel's last comment, Melee nodded in agreement. "I attended the college for some time. I'm sure if nothing else, they'll allow us to conduct some research in their library. The bookkeeper can be a bit.. Abrasive, but I'm sure he'll allow us to look through the books."

Crow spoke up in regards to the Eyes of the Falmer, saying that he knew someone that may work in conjecture with the Thieves Guild. Smiling slightly, Melee nodded at him approvingly. "Who knew a friend connected to the Thieves Guild could be so helpful? I hope he'll be able to assist us in gathering some information."

"Also, the artifact we're going to the College for isn't a staff. Nobody knows what it is because it hasn't been found yet. But since it's always been called an 'eye', I think we can assume it isn't a staff. Maybe it's eye-shaped, or elliptical or spherical. We're only going to the College to acquire some information about the object, to try and discover its location."

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistar awoke at once to the pounding at his door, he groaned, sitting up in bed and pulling himself to his feet. Sun was coming in through the dull, clouded window. Although at first the light stung his eyes; clouded with sleep, they quickly adjusted. It was a pretty sight, he thought to himself. The red and orange of the sun coming up through the mountain range. But then he remembered the task at hand, how much danger the world was in... how this could be the last sunrise his eyes would ever fall upon.

"Coming." he grudgingly said, throwing up some clothes and shaking off the thought as he headed out the door and down the steps. Everyone had already gathered at a round table in the corner of the room, laid out before them was the journal and Melee's notes. She had been at work by the looks of it.

He took a seat with the rest, observing silently as Melee explained her findings to the group. It was made clear that they'd need to split up, and it occurred to him that they'd need to be careful and discriminate about who'd be going where. The wrong person for the job could undermine everything, and if one group failed, then the other would surely follow.

Crow made it clear that he had connections with the guild, and that they might know something about the Eye of the Falmer. "If you've got connections with them, you'd be right for it." Alistar said, breaking his silence. "And I guess that leaves the Eye of Magnus, the college would definitely be more willing to work with the magically-gifted here. But the way to Winterhold is treacherous, more so than the roads to Riven. Even though the way south is longer, they won't have to contend with blizzards, the wild and rougher roads. I could guide the Winterhold group through." He proposed, awaiting a response.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn realized what Geel had said to be true so he sat back, somewhat more relaxed at least. A little time passed with some speculation here and there before Alistar came. He said the College would be willing to work with the magically-gifted then about how the way to Winterhold is treacherous. Edwyn spoke up,

"I... have some connections with the College. I know the head conjuration instructor there, Phinis Gestor so I guess I will be going with that group. But Alistar, why is it that you would lead us to Winterhold, if you don't mind my asking? I don't think I've seen you really use magic since I've been around."

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Because I'm the best suited to lead the group through the wild, and given the harsh conditions of the Northern roads I'm not willing to risk losing you all to the elements."
    Alistar replied, sitting forward a bit. "Aye, I also know a thing or two about the wilds. Though Alistar would be better suited up North. I'll lead the group south." Valthor chipped in.

(Sorry for short post, just wanted to reply.)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Geel-Kajin

Geel nodded, finally understanding Melee's knowledge of the language. Returning back to the task ahead, he peered down at the map.

This whole expedition was both risky and dangerous- but that was all they had to go on. Unlike the originally planned storm on Alftand, they at least had a chance of stopping the falmer's plans, rather than charging head first to slaughter. Alftand would be crawling with Falmer now, ready for the Voice's activation.

"A pity that the carriages won't take us to Winterhold or Riften anymore. Word in the market was that the drivers fear the terrain, and most of all the falmer. I heard that a couple of drivers have been attacked by the increasing number of falmer ambushes. It seems that the beasts are getting braver."

A different voice chipped in, and Geel had to look up at that. Valthor! Despite his wounds, the man was still alive. Geel understood that the others had helped take care of him, but he was astonished at the man's endurance, being able to stand after taking such heavy a blow. Through the Dragonborn's armor, he could see blotches of rusted red, stains from his injury.

"V-Valthor? You heal incredibly fast, but even then I fear your state of health. The road to Riften is long, and I worry your stamina will not stretch such a distance. If anything, you and Alistar should switch lead of the parties- If that's fine with both of you, I mean. "- Geel caught himself there, wondering if Alistar would take that as insult. It was obvious he himself would be in the trip to Winterhold, and didn't want Alistar thinking that there was ulterior motive in his words. THen again, they had travelled together for a long time, and he hoped they would understand as such.

Geel then turned to Rale and asked " Rale, you pose no connection to the art of magic, but neither have I seen you despise it. Also, from what I assume you work as a freelancer, outside of the Thieve's Guild. I have heard of the Guild's treatment of other solo thieves and killers, so perhaps it would be best if you would come with us to Winterhold? Perhaps your blade will put Alistar's worries to rest," Geel tried his best to avoid Rale's dark scowl, entering back to the conversation.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts