• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
Background: When a nearly unstoppable force threatens Tamriel threatens to destroy Tamriel, the heroes of Tamriel are called upon by the Divines to stop it. The threat know as the Shadow King is so powerful not even the Divines can destroy it. But it has one weakness, the Dragonborn. Argon and the team accept the mission and promise to rid Tamriel of it, but when one of Argon's loved ones is killed by the Shadow King, it becomes personal, and Argon swears revenge no matter what the price. With the Shadow King's influence over Tamriel growing each day, a time limit is set on this nearly impossible mission. With twists everywhere, this nearly impossible quest to destroy the Shadow King becomes harder and harder for the heroes. Join the heroes of Tamriel as they attempt to destroy the Shadow King in this sequel to "Soul Wars"

ultimatedovahkiin

Prologue:
A year had passed since the Soul Wars, and it seemed everything was back to normal. Tamriel had been scarred and only the passing of time could heal it. The Soul Wars a.k.a. Sithis's greatest attempt to take over Tamriel, would not soon be forgotten. If not for Argon and his team then Tamriel would be gone. Peace would never be completely restored, there would always be danger in Tamriel now, but that is what heroes are for. And four of Tamriel's five greatest heroes were alive once more, Sheogorath being a Daedric Prince had never died so he didn't need to be brought back to life. The team had all gone their separate ways. Argon stayed in Skyrim, Sheogorath returned to the Shivering Isles, Nerevar went to Solestheim, Fayen went to Cyrodiil, and Garnin went to High Rock. Many prophecies were told after the Great Prophecy was stopped, one of these prophecies in particular, was soon to take place.

A few months ago, a courier had come by Argon's house, Lakeview Manor, and he had given Argon a letter from the Jarl in Markarth. He was asking Argon to come and stay in Markarth for a while to help train the guards. Argon accepted and he left for Markarth. He went to his old home their and that was where he currently lived. His daughters had recently gotten married to their boyfriends Lars Battle-born, and Frodnar. Weir things had been happening in Markarth for a while though, people had been disappearing, nights were darker than usual, and he had heard complaints from people of seeing a shadowy figure watching and following them. Argon wondered if this was happening all over Skyrim or Tamriel, he wasn't sure. The Jarl sent someone out a few weeks ago to find out, but he still hadn't returned.

Argon had no choice but to just go on with his life until he returned. The guards were hard to train at first, but eventually, they started to get better and better. With each passing day the guards strength grew. Eventually, the guards would probably be strong enough to try to get to the bottom of the strange happenings. Argon new that was a while away though, but he was so curious to find out. Until one day after training, he was approached by an old friend.

Argon had just wrapped up training for the day and the guards were going back to the Guard Tower to rest Argon followed them up the steps to the tower like he did every day. The guards thanked him for training him, and then went inside. After they went inside, Argon leaned forward on the little rock wall next to the tower, and looked out at the market area of Markarth. He saw people closing up their stands for the night, and then go inside the Silver-blood in for a couple of drinks. The sun was setting and the sky was painted pink, orange, and yellow. For some reason Argon looked out of the market area longer than usual, he couldn't tell why, but for some reason he just did. As he was looking around he saw it, just for a second, it was there. The shadowy figure, standing on the wall of Markarth, he looked away for a second, and it was gone. Argon removed Konahriik, rubbed his eyes, blinked a little and he looked back at the wall. Maybe it was just his imagination. He set his mask next to him on the wall and kept looking out. Then, right as he was about to go home, a hooded person leaned next to him and looked out of Markarth too.

"It's a beautiful view from here, isn't it?" asked the man
"Yes, it really is breathtaking." replied Argon
"Have you ever looked out over Tamriel from any uh, higher points?" asked the man
"You know, I have, you were with me one time when I did. Too bad I was busy battling Sithis, and you were being sucked into the Void to enjoy it." was Argon's answer
"Yes, what a terrible battle that was. But thanks to you, Sithis is the one trapped in the Void and not me or anyone else being sucked in." said the man
"Yes something good did come from that. Now, why don't you tell me why you are here? Shouldn't you be you, know up there?" said Argon pointing up
"I should, and I must return soon, but I came to give you a warning. You have been noticing strange things going on right?" asked Akatosh
"Yes, just a minute ago I saw a strange shadowy figure standing on the wall of Markarth, when I looked away for a second then looked back, it was gone. I think it may have just been my imagination though." said Argon
"No, it was real. I thought there might be more time, but there isn't since a few days after the Soul Wars the Divines have been watching. This is a threat much bigger than most threats ever to happen to Tamriel, when the Divines battled him, we barely escaped. We were unable to defeat him, so we banished him into another realm that we had created just for him. It is not very big, it is supposed to be more of a prison, but not strong enough to hold him forever. Now, it seems he is returning, and nowhere is safe. Especially, not the shadows, or anywhere dark. We need you and the team Argon, you need to reassemble it. You are Tamriel's only hope once more." said Akatosh
"I would be glad to help. Now tell me what is this threat?" said Argon
Akatosh filled Argon in about the threat.
--------
In her home in Markarth, a woman was getting ready to go to sleep. She had washed up in the river like people were allowed to do now in Markarth, and she had put on her night clothes. The only light in she had was a candle in the corner of the room. She went over to her wash basin with a mirror attached to it, she splashed some water on her face and then using a piece of cloth she dried her face off. She leaned over the basin with both hands on the edges of the top and looked into the mirror. As she was looking, a black mist started emerging from the mirror. It wrapped around her arms and stomach, it wrapped around her legs also. She started freaking out, she tried to run but she couldn't move, the mist seemed to be too strong. It crept from the mirror up to her head, it crept up into her hair, It went in through her nose, mouth and eyes. Then just as she screamed, she was pulled into the black cloud in from of the mirror. No trace of her was left behind. Just before the black cloud dissipated, a dark and booming voice yelled, "THE TIME HAS COME! THE SHADOW KING WILL RISE AGAIN!!" Then the black cloud dissipated, and the candle in the room was snuffed out.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 1: Fayen
Fayen was knelt down at the bedside of the dying emperor Titus Mede IV. Fayen had undying loyal to the emperor ever since the events of Jaggar Tharn. Although back then it had been a different emperor, Fayen still felt that as the Eternal Champion it was his duty to be loyal to the emperor no matter who it was. Unless of course, it was another imposture, then it would be his duty to kill that emperor and bring the real one back. He had sent word to Garnin in Daggerfall about the emperor's imminent death a few weeks ago. Fayen thought that as Uriel Septim's Agent, and now the agent to any emperor in power, that he should know of the emperor's death. He was not around when Titus Mede III died, because Fayen and rest of the heroes except Argon and Sheogorath were dead. Titus Mede III had died before the Soul Wars, when he went on an expedition in a Falmer ridden cave, and had made the ultimate sacrifice to save the crew on the expedition with him. Now it was his son's turn to die, the thing is, up to a few weeks ago, Titus Mede IV was fine, then he drank an ale that a rebellious Dunmer servant had brought to him, and he was poisoned. The servant was captured and executed, but that could not stop the emperor's death. They had given him Cure Poison potions, and they tried healing spells, bringing him to the altars of the divines, the dragon in the Temple of the One, every remedy there was, they even tried creating a few special healing potions through alchemy, but nothing worked. Titus Mede IV could not be saved. Now he was lying in his bed, dying of the poison that servant had tricked him into drinking. Fayen wished the servant had not been killed, so that Fayen could torture the victim and give him a slow painful death to pay for his crimes, instead of the usual beheading.

"If he was still here, I would make sure he wished he was dead, I would torture him in the dungeon day and night, and then finally, when I grow sick of that Dunmer, I would try to get Nerevar here so that HE could torture him, and tell him how he had disgraced the Dunmer name. Then when Nerevar was done with him, I would slowly, and painfully behead him a dagger myself." Fayen muttered to himself angrily
"What was that boy?" asked the dying emperor
"Nothing sir, nothing." said Fayen knelt over next to Titus Mede IV
"Do not live with revenge in your heart Fayen, that only makes you as bad as the one who wronged you." said the emperor wisely
"But your Majesty, not only did he wrong me, he wronged you, and the rest of Tamriel." said Fayen
"I know, and there is nothing we can do about it now, it is too late. Besides, it's not like the Oblivion Gates are going to open and the daedra are come pouring out trying to take over Tamriel again after I die." chuckled Titus Mede IV
Fayen smiled, he admired how even in death, this man could be so calm and accepting as to make jokes. "I know I have not been the best servant-" Fayen began, but he was cut off by the emperor
"You have been a great servant Fayen. Don't you ever think any less, any mistake you may have made is forgiven. I am honored to have you as my servant, you should not be honored to have been my servant, but I honored to have you as my servant. The Eternal Champion, serving me, though he should serve no one, he kneels here at my death bed, humbled and in my service. That is the greatest honor there is." said Titus

Fayen smiled, and tried to blink away some tears, but it was too hard. This was too much for him, the emperor was dying, and now the emperor was holding him up so high, he felt as though he had failed him. If only he had more time, he was sure he could make a potion to save him!

"Do you need to step out a minute?" asked the emperor, "I promise no to die until you return."Fayen smiled, "If it is not too much to ask yes, may I?" he said
"Go ahead." smiled the emperor
"I'll only be gone a minute. Do not die until I return." joked Fayen
"You have my word." came the reply

Fayen got up and slowly but quietly stepped out of the emperor's room. He went across the hall to another room, where he sat in a chair and buried his face in his hands. He could not help it, tears came rolling down his face. He had been alive again for a year, and what had he done? He had failed to save the emperor. That's what. He should have known there was poison in the ale by the way the Dunmer smirked with success when the emperor took the ale and drank from it. Then, after a while, Fayen looked up, his eyes were red, and his cheeks were pink and puffy. He did not care what anyone thought, a grown man who had seen and caused death crying may have made him seem like a wimp over one death, but it was the emperor, who he had sworn himself to protect, he also failed Tamriel as he could not save the emperor. Then as he looked at the table in the middle of the room, Fayen noticed something that he was sure was not there when he had walked into the room. There was a small little package sitting there. Curiosity got the best of him and he went over to the table. He opened up the package, and found sitting there, a little bottle with a string and folded piece of parchment attached. He took it out, untied the parchment, unfolded it, and read it. It said:

Give this to the Titus Mede IV
~ A Friend
Fayen put the parchment down, and grabbed the bottle and held it close to him for fear of dropping it. He put all of his hope into this bottle, if there was any hope of saving the emperor, it was with this potion. He could not tell how he could tell, but he knew that this would save the emperor. Maybe it was just the fact that in such a hopeless time, anything that said it could save the emperor would make him overjoyed. He ran into the emperor's room, and found the emperor was still alive, but with very little time left.
"Ah, you have returned, good, I do not think I can hold on any longer." said Titus Mede IV sounding worse than ever
"Well you must, at least for another minute. Here drink this." said Fayen handing the emperor the bottle
"Fayen, we have tried everything, just give up now, it is too late. I have already accepted my death." said the emperor, feeling bad for his servant who had been through so much in the last year.
"Please, just humor me." pleaded Fayen
The emperor pondered this for a moment, then he popped the cork off the bottle, and drank from it. He handed the bottle to Fayen, shook his head, then his eyes closed, and he died. Fayen broke down, he had put so much faith into the bottle, gotten his hopes up so much, but it had not worked, the emperor was dead. He fell back into a chair beside the bed and started sobbing again. Then, a hand reached over and grabbed Fayen's knee, and he heard a voice from bed. "Fayen?" the emperor asked
Fayen raised his head and looked over, the emperor was sitting up alive and better than ever. "You're alive..." Fayen said amazed
"Indeed I am, you saved me Fayen, whatever was in the potion, it did the trick!" said the emperor Overwhelmed, Fayen hopped up, hugged the emperor than ran down the hallway shouting, "He's alive! The emperor is alive! He is in his room perfectly fine! It is as if nothing had happened!" A big crowd gathered in the emperor's room, and they were all amazed, the emperor explained what had happened, and later that night a feat was held in Fayen and the emperor's honor.
After the party, Fayen retired to his home in the Temple District of the Imperial City. He went down to the wine cellar and grabbed a bottle of Spiced Wine. He grabbed a goblet, and poured some of the drink in to the goblet.
Fayen smirked and then said, "Would you like a drink?"
No answer
"I do not believe I have properly thanked you for giving me the potion that saved Titus Mede's life." tried Fayen again
still no answer
"But where did you get it?" asked Fayen
This time there was an answer from the shadows, "Akatosh."
"Ah, so he had been listening." said Fayen
"Yes, but he was waiting for the right moment."
"So he waited until he was almost dead?" asked Fayen taking a sip from the goblet with his back to the person he was speaking to
"He wanted to wait until I was to come."
"Why?" asked Fayen
"So that he could take care of two things at once, and Akatosh wants you to know, that you need not worry about the punishment of the Dunmer who tried to poison Titus. He is to be tortured for a century in the Heavens of Sovngarde." said the one in the shadows
"Good. But why are you here?" Fayen questioned
"Tamriel is being threatened by a force not even the Divines can stop. The team needs to be reassembled. We are once again, Tamriel's only hope."
"Come out of the shadows Argon and talk to me." said Fayen
Argon realized his mistake in being in the shadows and stepped out. Fayen did not realize the mistake because he was still not informed about the Shadow King, "All I can tell you right now is that Tamriel is in grave danger. I am not to explain anything to you, Akatosh wants to tell everyone at the same time. Tomorrow morning, you will be taken by the Divines to a special place, where you will wait for me and the others, I am to gather you all up then the threat will be revealed. I only have three to go after you, I am risking a lot being here, so now I must go, one more piece of advice before I go." said Argon
"What?" asked Fayen
"Make sure light covers every inch of your house, leave no shadows and no darkness. Do not turn out any light sleep with the lights on tonight. It is only safe." said Argon, then he produced a spell and he disappeared.
After he left, Fayen put up magelights that would not go out all over his house. He lit candles, torches, his wall sconces, and his chandeliers. Then like Argon had said, he went to sleep without extinguishing any of the lights. The next morning, when he awoke Mara was standing before him.
"You ready to go?" she asked
"Lead the way." Fayen said then they were off

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I liked chapter 1 , though I hated the part where Argon says that Akatosh decided that the Dark Elf is to be tortured for a century in Sovngarde. I mean , sure the Divines would punish him for his crimes , but to torture him for 100 years ?! That doesn't sounds much like them nor does it matches their personalities :/. Nice one though :).

ultimatedovahkiin

I liked chapter 1 , though I hated the part where Argon says that Akatosh decided that the Dark Elf is to be tortured for a century in Sovngarde. I mean , sure the Divines would punish him for his crimes , but to torture him for 100 years ?! That doesn't sounds much like them nor does it matches their personalities :/. Nice one though :).
yeah you are right about that, i thought that since he committed a crime that bad he should have some sort of punishment. I have also been toying with the idea of him possibly escaping torture, returning to Tamriel and having absorbed some of the Divines power from the torture, but that probably won't be in this fan-fic if I do. It's strange how I just started this fan-fic but instantly I start getting ideas for the next. Which the next fan-fic will likely be about someone who somehow got powers and started wreaking havoc across Tamriel and then the team steps in to stop him. Or something like that I don't want to say any more about that because I don't want to accidentally give something away about the end of this fan-fic. But thanks for the review! :)

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 2: Nerevar
After the Soul Wars and his return to Tamriel, Indoril Nerevar had gone to the island of Solestheim instead of going to Morrowind, on occasion he would go to Morrowind, but he felt Solestheim needed more help because it didn't have other provinces touching it like Morrowind. Things on Solestheim had been greatly helped by Argon, but for some reason, the Ash Spawn came back after the Soul Wars. He and the Redoran Guard had been battling the Ash Spawn for some time now, and were locked in one final battle. They had made the Ash Spawn very mad as they had low numbers. So, now in the middle of the night, the Ash Spawn unleashed a surprise attack on Raven Rock. Among the force attacking was the leader of the Ash Spawn. It was an enormous Ash Spawn that had been affected with some sort of power during the Soul Wars, and Argon's shout did not destroy it. Now, the force was trying to breach the walls of Raven Rock and destroy the little settlement. Nerevar would not let that happen. He led the Redoran Guard in the battle and they charged the Ash Spawn. There were archers atop of the wall raining arrows across the battlefield and hitting the Ash Spawn. They were killing Ash Spawn after Ash Spawn, but there was a problem, there was enough ash on the ground underneath their feet that the Ash Spawn could use it to regenerate.

"Guards, hit them with everything you have! Do not get distracted! Try to destroy the Ash on the ground if you can, stop them from regenerating!" ordered Nerevar
"How do we do that?!" called back one of the guards
"I'm not sure! Try anything!" came the answer

The Redoran did try everything. They tried using lightning, fire, ice. But it was no use, the Ash Spawn just kept coming back, and to make matters worse, since they were firing at the Ash with spells, the Ash Spawn were able to absorb the power, and then it made lightning, fire, and ice Ash Spawn! The Ash Spawn were more powerful now, than they had when Argon had destroyed them, whatever the leader had been hit with must have been really powerful, which means that the only way to destroy the Ash Spawn would be to destroy their giant hulking leader that walked the battlefield stomping on the guards and tossing them aside. But how would they destroy it?

Nerevar's thoughts were interrupted by the leader coming for HIM now. Nerevar put his sword away and pulled out his bow, he fired a couple arrows into the leader's face. The giant ash pile either didn't notice, or didn't care, but it DID want Nerevar and it wanted him dead. Nerevar looked around and saw that the guard were all but in good shape, there were bodies of those that had fallen, and others with broken limbs. Nerevar knew he had to pull them out of the battle.

"Guards retreat to the village! Archers, cover us as we head in!" called Nerevar

The guards started running and the archers started firing, Nerevar held off the ash as much as he can, but that's rather hard when the biggest Ash Spawn ever was looming above you and trying to kill you. The leader was so big that the wall of Raven Rock only went up to its stomach. Finally, all of the guards were inside the village and Nerevar turned to retreat. The archers fired arrows all around, but abruptly stopped. Nerevar looked up and saw horrifying sight, the archers had run out of arrows! One of the archers grabbed a staff of fireballs and started firing it at the leader. All it did was really make him angry. The Leader crushed the wall and Ash Spawn poured into the village. They were running around breaking things and running into people's homes. Glover Mallory, now old, grabbed a gold sword jeweled sword he had just finished crafting that day, and charged at the Ash Spawn, though he was old, Glover was still a great fighter. He swung his blade so fast that the Ash Spawn didn't have time to touch him before they were chopped up. But eventually even Glover grew tired and he gave in, the Ash Spawn covered him and he was drowned in the swarm, Nerevar watched the tragic death go down. He did all he could to free Glover but it was hopeless, the Ash Spawn had killed him. Nerevar knew what had to be done, he would honor Glover's sacrifice, by destroying the leader and saving Raven Rock. But how? He decided just to wing it, attack the leader's feet as best he could without getting crushed.

Nerevar charged at the leader which now stood in the center of the village in front of the Retching Netch. He swung his blade and hit the Ash leader. His blade got stuck and he could not pull it back out. The leader leaned down, grabbed Nerevar, and threw him through the air. Nerevar hit his head against Glover's forge, a big gash was opened on his head and he began rapidly losing blood. His vision was going hazy and he didn't have a health potion on him. As the started sounding as if they were farther away and Nerevar started to die, again, he uttered one last phrase, "I'm sorry Glover..." then as he was about to black out, a red dragon flew through the sky and breathed fire on the leader, the leader stumbled back and yelled in pain. The dragon was familiar, Nerevar had recognized it, it was one of the dragons that flew the team to the Imperial City during the Soul Wars, Odahviing. Then, a man jumped off of the dragon's back and ran over to Nerevar.

The man knelt down next to Nerevar and said, "No no, you are of no good dead." He raised his hand a produced a healing spell, Nerevar was instantly up and perfectly fine.
"Guess I got here just in time, huh?" joked Argon
"A few minutes ago would have been nicer." said Nerevar
"Eh, so what happened to you?" asked Argon
"Tried to take on the big guy, my sword got stuck in his leg and he picked me up and threw me over here, my head hit the forge and I got a big gash and started dying." said Nerevar
Argon chuckled, "No offense, but fail. Let me handle this." Argon started walking towards the leader in the middle of the village but he turned around, faced the pile of Ash Spawn killing Glover and he used the Cyclone dragon shout. The Ash Spawn flew around in the cyclone that engulfed them, the cyclone went into the water and drowned the Ash Spawn, Glover was still alive, but barely. Argon tossed a health potion to Nerevar and Nerevar caught it, Argon nodded to Glover and Indoril went to give him the potion. Argon used the Dragon Aspect shout and the armor of a dragon appeared around him. He drew his sword and walked to the leader. Argon started using power attacks and blowing away parts of the leader's legs. The leader started getting cut smaller and smaller until it was human sized. Then Argon pulled out Miraak's Staff and fired tentacles in a stream and the leader. It hit him in the face and the tentacles started wrapping themselves inside the mouth of the leader, they found the source of his power and crushed it. The leader and all of the other Ash Spawn fell apart.

After clean up, Argon and Nerevar met in the Retching Netch to discuss why Argon was in Solestheim. They each order some Sujama, and sat down at a table to talk.

"So why are you in Raven Rock Argon?" asked Nerevar
"Is the Dragonborn not allowed to enjoy a little vacation?" joked Argon
"No, you are, but; when you came over to me you said, 'you are of no good dead.' What did you mean by that?" said Nerevar
"Listen, this needs to be kept quiet, but Tamriel is being threatened by a great evil known as the Shadow King, the team is the only hope for Tamriel, it needs to be reassembled, take this little glass orb, when you crush it in your hand you will be taken to the special place the Divines set up for us to meet, everything will be explained there. I must go now to finish reassembling the team, but you must know something." said Argon
"What?" asked Nerevar
"Be afraid of the dark, be VERY afraid." said Argon then he left

Nerevar sat there for a minute, he went to the bar and paid, then he walked into another room and he crushed the orb in his hand.

Rodrrrigo

Khajiit shadow walker
cbc.gif

ultimatedovahkiin

haha! Well um, I wasn't really intending for that reaction, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

ultimatedovahkiin

okay, so i am seriously sorry about not getting the next chapter out yet, i have been busy with a play i am doing and school and with practice every night then i have to do homework when i'm done i've been worn out from late nights. i had no school all last week so i was planning on getting multiple chapters out, but thanks to my awesome luck, i had the flu all week. funn -.-. Saturday I have something to do in the morning but afterwards I'm probably going to download some games to my computer so while i am waiting I will see if I can get another chapter done. Sunday if I have the games I'm downloading I might want to play them all day like a no life, but I will do my best to post another chapter before I start playing. I am again very sorry I have been wanting to write more for this because I have some great ideas. But I might make this story shorter than planned because for some reason I can't stop thinking about the next fan-fic which I have some really really great ideas for and I am just very eager to get them out of my head. Though do not think that will make this story any less good it will still be great and I have plans for it that I am excited about, so please keep watching this thread for those next few chapters! Thank you for your patience and I am sorry once again for the lack of chapters.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
okay, so i am seriously sorry about not getting the next chapter out yet, i have been busy with a play i am doing and school and with practice every night then i have to do homework when i'm done i've been worn out from late nights. i had no school all last week so i was planning on getting multiple chapters out, but thanks to my awesome luck, i had the flu all week. funn -.-. Saturday I have something to do in the morning but afterwards I'm probably going to download some games to my computer so while i am waiting I will see if I can get another chapter done. Sunday if I have the games I'm downloading I might want to play them all day like a no life, but I will do my best to post another chapter before I start playing. I am again very sorry I have been wanting to write more for this because I have some great ideas. But I might make this story shorter than planned because for some reason I can't stop thinking about the next fan-fic which I have some really really great ideas for and I am just very eager to get them out of my head. Though do not think that will make this story any less good it will still be great and I have plans for it that I am excited about, so please keep watching this thread for those next few chapters! Thank you for your patience and I am sorry once again for the lack of chapters.

I hope the next fan-fic will be something like Dragonball Z. I would love seeing Argon do Kamahameha and then a strong villain similar to Kid Buu will come and destroy the worlds of Mundus with his Planet Burst attack mwahahahaha :D !

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 3: Garnin

Argon had gotten two members of the team already not counting himself, and that left him with just two of the five to go then the team would be ready to battle this ancient threat Akatosh had told him about. He had to be fast though because unlike the Soul Wars, he was on a time limit if the team didn't stop the Shadow King in time then all would be lost, and if that happened then what would be the point of going through all that trouble during the Soul Wars? Of course all that effort being put into the Soul Wars wasn't really what Argon was worried about if he failed but he liked to try to keep his mind off of the fact that the whole world would be consumed in never ending darkness and everyone would die unless they joined the Shadow King. Argon tried to focus on the mission at hand, getting the team back together. His next target was Garnin, a strong powerful nord who was also Uriel Septim's Agent who helped to deal with the Numidium problem in Daggerfall a few centuries ago. After becoming man again, Garnin had returned to High Rock home of the Bretons, it was also where Argon's family, including Sheogorath, had come from. his great-grandfather had lived in High Rock for a while until he moved to Cyrodiil and was sucked into the Oblivion Crisis and became Champion of Cyrodiil and Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness. Argon's parents had lived in Cyrodiil their whole lives and Argon had lived there a lot of his first life, until he tried crossing the border to Skyrim and was then caught in a battle and sucked into the Dragon Crisis during which he found out he was Dragonborn. The Imperials that arrested him must have been so embarrassed when they found out the "prisoner" they had accidentally captured and were about to execute was the Dragonborn the one who saved the whole world. It was kinda ironic how Alduin had saved Argon's life. Right as he was about to be executed, Alduin flew in and started attacking Helgen. If the dark dragon would have waited a few more minutes, then Argon would have been dead and Alduin would be free to wreak all the havoc he wanted upon the world without having to worry about the last Dragonborn coming and killing him.

Argon put these thoughts aside as his carriage was nearing Daggerfall. Argon hopped off the carriage when it finally stopped he paid the driver and wished him well on the return journey. Then Argon went into the city and started asking around about Garnin. Everyone there knew who Garnin was so Argon could just call him by his name and they would know who he was talking about. A few people actually recognized Argon also as the Dragonborn and they treated him extra nice. A man decided to challenge Argon to a battle and he willingly accpeted. It was just a normal fist fight, but Argon beat the guy down in less than a minute.

"No more, you win. Good job Dragonborn. Here take this as a prize" said the man holding out a fat coin purse to Argon

"Keep your gold, I love a good fight." chuckled Argon and he walked off

Argon went up to one of the guards and asked about Garnin

"Garnin went off with a few more guards yesterday to try to clear out a for of necromancers, those necromancers have been disturbing travelers for a long time and they are finally going to put a stop to it. The necromancers in that fort have become much more active and powerful lately like something dark is influencing them." said the guard

"Where might I find this fort?" asked Argon

"Depends, who wants to know? You planning on going and killing Garnin where he stands? Becuase if you are, let me tell you, that man is too powerful he will overwhelm you in a minute, you go attack him, you will get more than you wanted." said the guard

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt him, I am a friend of his." explained Argon

"Sure you are, that's not the first time I have heard THAT one." said the guard

"My name is Argon Stormblade. I am the Dragonborn."

"Sure you are. This lie keeps getting better and better. What next? Are you gonna tell me you know Akatosh? You know what? If you are really the Dragonborn, prove it. Only when you prove it will I tell you how to get to the cave." said the guard issuing his challenge.

"Deal." said Argon

Then Argon let out a shout, "Fus Ro Dah!" shouted Argon and the guard went flying backwards into the grass outside the city

Argon walked over to the guard who was laying in the grass, he bent over him and said, "So, about that fort..."

A while later Argon was entering the door of the fort. He saw a gruesome sight. Everywhere there was blood, there were a few dead bodies in the room, bodies of necromancers, and city guards. Argon looked around for a door, he found one and walked through it into the next room. There was blood splattered on the walls and on the ground a necromancer had an arrow through her chest. Across from her was a guard that had been burnt to a crisp, next to him was an Imperial Bow. Argon followed the doors around the fort until he finally came to a room with two doors. He opened them both, one led to a long dark hallway, the other to a pit with spikes and a couple of dead Bretons impaled on them. Argon decided to take his chances with the hallway. As he was walking through the hallway he started hearing some noise. As he walked down the hallway the noises started getting louder and louder until finally it emptied into a room. The room was circular and in the middle it had a weird looking shrine unlike any Argon had ever seen before. He couldn't tell who it was for it didn't look daedric, but it obviously wasn't for the Divines. Off to the side there was a small cage and inside the cage armorless and with a dagger in his side, was Garnin surrounded by a pool of blood. From the dagger blood was pouring out and Garnin looked very pale and weak. In front of the cage was a necromancer woman talking to Garnin.

"So Garnin Death-bringer," she said, "you thought you could stop us from bringing back our master?"

"I don't know what you are talking about wench, we came here to stop you from hurting travelers on the road." said Garnin sounding more powerful than her looked

"Lies!" shouted the necromancer, "You planned on trying to stop us from bringing back our master the Shadow King! Well it's too bad for you because even if you wiped us out, we are just a small branch of the Cult of Xan you would have to destroy the council, even then Xan is still powerful enough to influence mortals into doing his bidding. You have lost, there is no way for you to win." said the necromancer

"I've still no idea what you are talking about, please just let me go..." pleaded Garnin

"I do." said Argon stepping out from the hallway

"Dovahkiin!" hissed the necromancer turning her attention to Argon

"Stop with your mind tricks you dirty wench! They will not work!" shouted Garnin

"No tricks here poor Garnin. This really is the Dovahkiin come to save you. Or stop us." said the necromancer

"I've come to save Garnin then the later." said Argon

"Well too bad you poor fool. You will do neither, this is where you will fail. Here you will once again die." said the necromancer

The battle had begun. The necromancer fired a stream of dark magic at Argon it wasn't the magic that necromancers usually used though. No, this was darker, more powerful. Argon grabbed Auriel's Bow from his back and fired a Sunhallowed Elven Arrow at the necromancer. It missed and instead hit the shrine in the middle of the room. Throughout the room a dark yell of pain was heard. The necromancer was angry and she yelled, "What have you done you fool?! Xan was partially connected to that! By using your magic light arrows and destroying the shrine you have injured him! For that you will pay with your life!" The necromancer grabbed Argon with her dark black magic. Argons couldn't move, he struggled with the tendrils trying to break free but it was no use, they were too strong. Just as the tendrils were about to squeeze the life out of Argon a dark booming voice was heard saying, "No... I like this one I would greatly enjoy watching him fail at destroying me, but not like this. I want him to come so close, only to have it all fall apart." Then the tendrils dropped Argon and the necromancer was consumed in darkness, she shrieked out of both terror and pain, then when the darkness subsided there was a pile of bones picked clean of everything right where the necromancer had just been standing.

Argon walked over to the cage and picked the lock, he went to Garnin and fixed him up. He found Garnin's armor and Garnin put it on. From the weapon rack on the wall Garnin grabbed his weapon and sheated it. Garnin handed Argon the dagger that had been stuck in his side and he told him, "Here, this dagger looks odd I think it may be connected to this Cult of Xan."

"Thank you, I will take care of this." said Argon hooking to dagger on his belt

"Thank you for saving me Argon. But why are you here?" asked Garnin

"I need you, the Divines need you, the whole world needs you. The team must get back together this Xan, the Shadow King, is threatening Tamriel. He must be stopped." said Argon

"I would love to join you in battle again, especially against this Shadow King, I would love revenge on him and his cult for what they did to me and the guards who followed me here." said Garnin

"Good. Keep all lights on. Do not go into any darkness or the Shadow King will be able to get you. Here take this scroll, once you are ready read the words on it and you will be transported to the Divines, once the whole team is together they will explain what is going on. Now the only one we need is Sheogorath, that may be a little difficult as I have no idea how get to the Shivering Isles. I guess Akatosh will send me there when I am ready." said Argon

Garnin left and returned to Daggerfall. Argon took a carriage back to Solitude in Skyrim where he waited to be contacted by Akatosh.

--------
Haldan Darkfinder, was the leader of the Cult of Xan. He was about to go to sleep when his master appeared as a dark ghostly like figure with a black mist flying off of him.
"Haldan Darkfinder." said Xan
"Lord Xan... It is an honor..." said Haldan dropping to his knees in awe
"Get up. I did not come here to be worshiped, which is nice, I came here for other things." said the Shadow King
"With all do respect, why are you here?" asked Haldan
"Tamriel's greatest heroes, they are coming together as a team in an attempt to stop my return to Tamriel." said Xan, "They must be stopped at all costs. I do not care how you stop them but you must. I want them dead." said Xan
"Yes my lord, what you have requested will be done. Who does this team consist of? So that I may know what this cult will be up against." asked Haldan
"The Eternal Champion, Fayen Swiftarrow. Uriel Septim's Agent, Garnin Death-bringer, The Nerevarine, Indoril Nerevar, this next one hasn't joined again but I know he will, The Champion of Cyrodiil and the Daedric Prince of Madness, Tamiir Stormblade A.K.A. Sheogorath. And finally, the Dragonborn, Argon Stormblade." said Xan
"A powerful team indeed. It will not be an easy task, but I promise I will do everything in my power to bring them down." said Haldan
"Thank you Haldan, this is why I chose you to lead my cult and lead the attempt to bring me back from the real the Divines have imprisoned me in. And speaking of power, you will need some more for a task this big. So I grant upon you more powers for you to use to bring this team down. You will receive more once I have returned, destroyed the Divines, and taken over all of Mundus and Aetherius I will allow you to rule Tamriel under my command." said Xan waving his hand and granting Haldan the promised powers
"Oh thank you Lord Xan, thank you so very much. And if it not too much trouble, how are you here right now my lord?" asked Haldan
"I have enough power in this world right now to make short appearances, but they must be brief. So now I believe I have use up my time for now, so I must go. I will be watching over you to make sure you destroy those heroes." said Xan
"Yes my lord. Goodbye my lord." said Haldan
Xan disappeared.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Cool ! Nice chapter. Though the part where Xan was injured was umm...idk lol but it shouldn't have been like that. I mean c'mon he's the main antagonist !

P.S : Thanks for using my suggestion of the name 'Xan'. Hehe!

ultimatedovahkiin

Cool ! Nice chapter. Though the part where Xan was injured was umm...idk lol but it shouldn't have been like that. I mean c'mon he's the main antagonist !

P.S : Thanks for using my suggestion of the name 'Xan'. Hehe!
haha your welcome i really did like the name. and it'll explain him getting injured later it will actually be kinda important to the story

ultimatedovahkiin

sorry about the no chapter thing for the past two weekends, my computer has been acting funny. I finally fixed it though, so new chapter most likely coming next weekend. I might do one during the week though if I get a chance but my week is rather busy :p

ultimatedovahkiin

so over the weekend i was busy, and im not certain yet but i probably have a free weekend, so i will be able to do the next chapter if i am not doing anything this weekend, and maybe, possibly, the chapter after that. I really want to move this story along because i have so many ideas for the next one and it is driving me insane that i cant right them yet. also, if i do get another out it will probably count as next week's because i am actually really busy next weekend, because i am doing a play so i have been busy. But, fear not as I will do my best to get at least one chapter out this weekend.

ultimatedovahkiin

Sorry I completely forgot to write the next one, but whatever. I'll try to do one this week -.- Sorry this keeps happeneing

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 4: Sheogorath
Sheogorath knew something was wrong, how could he not? He was a god even if part of the evil gods called the Daedric Princes. He wasn't as bad as his predecessor, but he did have a reputation to uphold. But all of the daedra knew something bad was happening. They just didn't know what. The residents of the Shivering Isles all seemed different. They seemed insane. Sure everyone there was insane, that's just what happens if you stay in the Isles for too long, but they seemed insane for insane. He was doing all he could to keep this evil out of the Isles, though a daedra should welcome evil, this evil seemed evil even for the daedra. Every night it tries to get in. Never the day. Sheogorath was never sure why, but he knew that it was probably a good thing. It gave him time to set up a magical barrier and close every portal to the Isles. Sheogorath hadn't slept in days, partially because he was trying to keep this evil out of the Isles, the other part because, and he wouldn't tell anyone this, he was scared. For both the Isles and its residents, and because he knew that this great power was stronger than him, stronger than the daedra, stronger than the divines! He knew that it could destroy him, kill him, wipe him from existence. And if he could do that to a daedra, then imagine what it would to the people of his realm. He tried not to think about it. He was doing all he could to keep the thoughts out of his head and keep him distracted. He called for a jester which he NEVER did because the jester that came to him wasn't funny. The jester literally came straight from the void. Last year, Sheogorath and a team of heroes had banished the evil lord of the void, Sithis. Sithis had tried to take over Tamriel by causing enough chaos to release him from the void. Argon, Sheogorath's great-grandson and also the Dragonborn, had turned into a dragon and trapped Sithis on the lowest layer of the Void.

It was like the jester had been sent by Sithis to torment Sheogorath with bad jokes.

"I knew you would be calling again soon, Cicero always knows. Always." said the Jester

"Just get on with it Cicero." Sheogorath sighed

"Very well, what do you get when you cross a jester with a knife? ME!!!!" Cicero found this very funny

Unamused Sheogorath sighed, "Got anything else?"

Cicero started crouching and walking around sneakily, he grabbed an imaginary person and pretended to slit its throat. "Guess what I'm doing?!" shouted Cicero

Sheogorath sighed, "You're assassinsating your target."

"Correct! Now guess this one!" said Cicero gleefully

Cicero stood up, pretended like he had just pulled a great-sword off his back and ran forward as he ran into battle, he then acted like he was fighting some person whom Sheogorath could not see. Then he swung his hands as though he had just sliced through the person's neck and cut his head off. Then he stopped and looked to Sheogorath for his answer.

"I don't know...." said Sheogorath resting his head on his hand

"I'm being Argon when he killed me and sent me to the Void!!!" shouted Cicero and the whole room rumbled

"Oh... Yeah... I knew that..." said Sheogorath sighing again

"Fine! What is this one then?!" Cicero ran around the room acting until he stopped and acted like he had ducked behind a wall. Then he started doing some weird shaking thing as though he was transforming into something big. Then he ran around before stopping in front of some invisible person. He started shouting weird words, until finally he acted as though he had caught someone in his mouth. He pretended to swing him around until releasing him and throwing him inside a portal. He scowled and looked to Sheogorath.

Sighing Sheogorath said, "Just tell me the answer...."

Cicero was angered that he didn't know and the mention of Argon from the first skit. "I am being your grandson when he selfishly stopped the wishes of Sithis and turned into a giant dragon and trapped my master on the lowest layer of his own realm!" This mention of Argon made him even more angry. Cicero used to like Argon while they were in the Brotherhood together until, as Cicero would put it, Argon went insane, chased Cicero to a different Brotherhood base that had been inactive, killed the spectral guards of the place, and killed poor Cicero who was just trying to cleanse the Brotherhood. Sheogorath knew the truth though, Sithis had made Cicero go insane, and then influenced Argon into chasing Cicero to kill him because he had attacked and wounded two members of the Brotherhood. Argon then fought his way through the Sanctuary and killed Cicero. All because Sithis needed some chaos to release him AND because he wanted a Jester to entertain him.

Then a man who had been standing at the back of the room spoke up and said, "And I would do it again, both of them." The man walked into the middle of the room and Sheogorath recognized his grandson.

"YOU! I will avenge my death, and get revenge on you for stopping Sithis!" Cicero pulled out a blade and ran at Argon.

Argon grabbed the poor fool, forced him to drop then knife, Argon kicked the knife across the room and threw Cicero to the ground. The guards grabbed Cicero and held him back.

"Oh shut up Cicero." said Argon

Sheogorath snapped his fingers and Cicero was gone.

Argon knelt before his grandfather as a sign of respect and to show him that he knew he was in the realm ruled by him and would act within the law of the place.

"Get up boy. You need not kneel before me. You are my grandson, you need not act within the law go crazy if you want." said Sheogorath

Argon saw a smile creep across his grandfather's face. "Get up here." said Sheogorath

Argon walked up to his grandfather and gave him a hug. He could tell just by being there he was lightening Sheogorath's mood and giving him a mood he had not felt for a few weeks. Happy.

"I missed you grandfather." said Argon

"As I have you. But what brings you to the Isles? And how did you get here?" asked Sheogorath

"I can answer both those questions with one word. Akatosh. He sent me. There is a great evil awakening, trying to break free from a realm in which he is trapped. I have seen him for a split second before. He is already partially free and he needs to be stopped. He is dangerous even to me. Everywhere I go I can feel his presence of evil. It is growing, even here. The team needs to get back together. We are the only ones capable of stopping him." said Argon

"I would love to fight along the sides of the four of you, assuming you have already got the other three, but I can't leave the Isles if what you say is true and his presence is here, we need to be ready for a fight. I cannot let my people perish." said Sheogorath

"I understand, but if you don't everyone else in Tamriel will. Even the divines. Yes the great and mighty divines can be destoryed by this guy. Sheogorath, he could also destroy you." said Argon

"I know, but I have to try to defend my realm and my people."

"Then come with me and rejoin the team. We need you and you can help your people." said Argon

"I'm sorry Argon but I ca--" Sheogorath was cut off by a loud boom

"Someone has breached the barrier! He's coming!" Shouted Sheogorath

"We have to do something!" Shouted Argon

Argon and Sheogorath ran outside and saw the sky turning blacker than night. From the sky fell dark shadowy figures. Argon and Sheogorath both drew their bows and started shooting the figures. One by one the figures died. But the two were only getting so many, the rest fell to the ground and attacked the residents of New Sheoth and the Isles.

"There's too many! Guards! Get to the city and defend it!" Cried Sheogorath

"It won't help! They're too strong and there are too many!" Shouted Argon "We need more help!"

"But how?!" asked Sheogorath yelling above all the noise.

Their prayers were answered because suddenly fully clad in armor appeared three people standing side by side next to Argon and Sheogorath.

"Someone call for help?" grinned Nerevar

"Let's show these shadows and their master that we will not go down easily." said Fayen hooking and arrow on his bow

"This is gonna be fun." said Garnin

"Thank the divines you guys are here." said Argon

"Let's do this." said Garnin

The team drew their weapons, Fayen already had his bow out, Garnin pulled out a battleaxe, Sheogorath exchanged his bow for the Sword of the Crusader, Nerevar pulled out an enchanted purple glass sword which he called Shockrend because it had a lighting enchantment, and Argon grabbed a great-sword which Akatosh had given him after the Soul Wars called Dragonbreath. It was a long black blade with jewels decorating it along the hilt. In the middle a long purple line ran up the blade and the blade hummed with the energy of a dragon which was released with each successful hit. The team ran into battle, Fayen perched on top of a rock in the courtyard where he could easily see the battlefield and take out enemies with his bow. The rest of the team ran into the mob of shadowy creatures and swung their weapons. Argon's sword was making the things die quickly and with his ebony mail and its poison damage the battle was much easier than it would be.

Sheogorath called out to Argon, "Use Auriel's Bow! Shoot a sunhallowed arrow at the sun before it is covered up by the darkness!"

Argon obeyed and shot and arrow. It broke through the sky and went directly at the sun. The sun glowed the rays of light from above. It hit the shadows and they burst it pierced through the darkness in the sky and it started retreating. Then a voice from above called out, "No. Though you may have the power of the sun on your side I will not retreat." Then the darkness grew darker and the whole sky was covered. It started raining shadowy figures everywhere.

"There's too many! We have to get out of here!" cried Fayen

"Akatosh!!!!!!!" yelled Nerevar

Akatosh heard him and opened a portal. The whole team ran towards it except Sheogorath who continued fighting.

Argon ran back to get him while the team waited. "Sheogorath we have to go!!" he cried

"No. I told you I will not abandon the Isles. Leave me here you go. Be safe." said Sheogorath

A different voice called from above, "Listen to him Dragonborn, just go."

Then Fayen called, "Hurry the portal is closing!"

And it was each second it grew smaller.

"Sheogorath hurry!" said Argon stabbing a shadow

"I'm sorry Argon."

"No, I'm sorry, you are coming with us one way or another."

Argon stood to Sheogorath's side and faced him. He positioned himself so that Sheogorath and the portal were lined up. "Fus Ro Dah!" Argon shouted and Sheogorath went flying back, into the portal. Argon ran towards it and when he realized he wasn't going to make it, he Whirlwind Sprinted through just in time.

The team was now in the room that the Divines had created. They watched on a big unusable portal of what was happening at the Isles.

It was being completely overrun by the Shadows. People were running in fear and were being killed. The guards were annihilated and when the battle was finally over any survivors were enslaved.

"Sheogorath, I'm sorry." apologized Argon

"No, I am sorry, if you didn't get me out of there I would have been destroyed, so thank you." said Sheogorath

Then the divines appeared in the room.

Talos stepped forward and said, "Well it seems we have just started a war. Let's get to work."
--------------
Haldan was happy. He had just taken over the Shivering Isles, home of Sheogorath. Now he had pushed the team off their own home, he knew and everyone knew that during the Soul Wars, the team had used the Shivering Isles as their base. Now they had none, and Haldan was happy with his success until he had a visitor.
"Haldan." said Xan again in spectral form
"My lord." replied Haldan
"I am very disappointed in your failure at the Isles." said Xan
"Failure? We took that place over. Force the team off of it. Now we have some influence of Sheogorath." explained Xan
"But you did not destroy them. Rather, you let them get away. You fool. If I did not like you so much I would destroy you right now. Though I suppose one good thin did come out of that battle." said Xan
"But--" Haldan began
"No buts. I have a plan. You must get that bow Argon has. I will capture his little girlfriend. We will use her blood on an elven arrow and we will use that bow to black out the sky. Then I will be free. I am powerful enough to break free right now. But I am a shadow so I cannot go into light. The sun must be blocked out." said Xan
"But my lord, that girl is no longer a vampire her blood will not work...." said Haldan
"Which is why we will make her one. I will set up an alliance with the cult and a powerful group of vampires. Since the girl used to be a Daughter of Coldharbour her vampire blood will resume where it left off. She will not get vampire blood. It does not work like that. We will take the girl, turn her, then use her blood to make an arrow and with my influence on the darkness I can make it stay dark forever."
"You get the bow. Leave the rest to me." grinned Xan, "My return is coming! Soon I shall unleash my wrath upon Tamriel and the divines!"
Xan then left.
Haldan stood there for a few minutes, then he started plotting. He had to get that bow, but how?

ultimatedovahkiin

At long last, the next chapter has been released!

ultimatedovahkiin

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts