OOC Rise of the Riders

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I have 2 things to ask here. 1. I am working on a character card for Aharon's sister. I wanted to do a little side twist with her, as Aharon watched her die, but she is alive. (hence the letter). It won't screw with the RP. I just wanted to introduced her character as a little twist in Aharon's character development. And 2. Is there going to be a romance with Aharon and Isabel?

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    I have 2 things to ask here. 1. I am working on a character card for Aharon's sister. I wanted to do a little side twist with her, as Aharon watched her die, but she is alive. (hence the letter). It won't screw with the RP. I just wanted to introduced her character as a little twist in Aharon's character development. And 2. Is there going to be a romance with Aharon and Isabel?
    Yeah, totally do that! I would love to see some of Aharon's sister!

Oh, and sorry for the short post. I'm not too inspired today...

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ha ha, that happens to me sometimes as well. I am going to finish Nia's Card. Is it ok to have them split into separate posts? (Aharon and Nia) Considering I have to introduce her well. I already have a good idea to do so.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Are you still recruiting? If so I might be interested.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    IDK, because we have a lot of members already. In the meantime post a CC so Freyja can decide when she has the chance.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Sorry it took so long, I wanted to make a new one.

BASIC
    Name- Varian
    Age- 19
    Race- Imperial
    Birth Place- High Rock, Daggerfall
    Origin- A Dunmer Father and an Imperial Mother
    Class- Spell Sword
    Gender- Male
    Height- 6'11"
    Weight- 141
    Laterality- Right Handed
    Sexuality- Pan Sexual
    Marital Status- Single
    Health- Well
    Affiliations- None
    Afflictions- None
    Religion- Worships the Nine Divines
    APPEARANCE
    Hair- Shoulder Length
    Eye Color- Green with a reddish tint and glow
    Build- Slight
    Skin- Looks heavily tanned due to his father being a Dunmer
    Scars- One down his arm, it runs the length of his arm
    PERSONALITY
    Positive Traits- Calm, Precise, Humble
    Negative Traits- A bit Arrogant, easy to annoy, holds grudges, flirtatious
    Likes- Steamed Mudcrab, Salmon Steak, his sword, sparring, training
    Dislikes- Cabbage, Mead, Beggars
    Fears- Mad Men
    Aspirations- None
    Quirks- His finger twitches when he's hungry
    COMBAT SKILLS
    Master- Short Sword
    Expert- Destruction and Restoration
    Adept- No Armour, Hand to Hand, and Alteration
    Apprentice- Speech
    GEAR
    Amour- Wears fine clothing made from Daggerfall.
    Weapons- A Short Sword he calls Cortex. It is made from regular steel except for the edges, they're made from diamond.
    HISTORY

Childhood- During Varian's childhood he was spoiled. His parents were wealthy and he was being given anything he asked for. His parents spent little time with their child and he was bitter because of it. Varian was educated in the magical arts all throughout his childhood, he was in all the best schools and was a genius by 11. At this point Varian was plotting his parents murder. Realizing that he couldn't handle his families business alone he turned to one of his teachers for help. The teacher not wanting to be involved in this, told his parents about the plot. The parents, mortified, send their son to live in an orphanage in Black Marsh.

Teenage- Varian, at this point was an angry child. The Orphanage he was sent to wasn't an Orphanage. It was actually a place where the wealthy would buy and sell slaves. Varian was bought by a Nord by the name of Odin. The man walked into the place not realizing it was a place for slaves until he had bought Varian. Angered he burnt the place to the ground, killing all inside but the children and the other slaves. He had done this with a simple short sword. Odin, still wanted a son and gave Varian training as well as Steamed Mudcrab. Varian was no longer an angry child but a calm young man and he showed his thanks to Odin whenever possible.

Adult- Varian's parents had died from Ataxia when Varian was 17. Varian received all of his families wealth and property. Not wanting to leave Odin behind, he sold the property to a fellow Imperial. The Imperial, instead of giving money as payment gave his family heirloom. It was a sword with a diamond edge. Odin, was turning 67 at this point and didn't have much time left. The last thing Varian did for Odin was take him to his home city of Falkreath. When they reached the city gates Odin died. Varian stayed in Falkreath for a few years after that, clearing out bandit camps and necromancers, to keep his skills sharp. He soon grew tired of Falkreath and decided he wanted to see and do more than what he was. So one day he just left.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I wouldn't say you have permission to post just yet but kool character. Wait until Freyja gives the word. And for every other member here is Aharon's sister's character card:

Nia Valarius
    female_ranger_by_rainerpetterart-d66u0dj.jpg

NONE OF THE ART IN THIS CARD, IS DONE BY ME!
    INFO
    NAME: Nia Valarius
    ALIAS: Temptress
    BIRTH DATE: 6th of Morning Star
    BIRTH PLACE: Unknown
    ORIGIN: 1 Bosmer parent, 1 Breton Parent
    BIRTH SIGN: The Lady
    CLASS: Pathfinder | Ranger | Mage
    HEIGHT: 5'5"
    WEIGHT: 115
    BMI: 19.1
    LATERALITY: Ambidextrous
    SEXUALITY: Straight
    MARITAL STATUS: Single
    PROPERTIES: None
    AFFILIATIONS: None
    AFFLICTIONS: Insomnia (Nightmares)
    RELIGION: Atheist
    PATRON DEITY: N/A
    HABITS: Bad Temper, To Calculating
    HOBBIES: Magic, Hunting
    APPEARANCE
    HAIR: Long curly hair, below shoulders
    HAIR COLOR: Very dark brown
    EYE COLOR: Light bluish-silver
    BUILD: Lean
    SKIN: Semi Tanned White skin
    SCARS: Burns on her hands and lower forearms
    PERSONALITY
    POSITIVE TRAITS: Very Calculating, Loyal to very few, Strategic, Humerus at times
    NEGATIVE TRAITS: Very Calculating, Loyal to very few
    DISLIKES: Fighting when unnecessary, Prophets, Thalmor, Boats (Ocean Sickness)
    FEARS: Dying (again)
    ASPIRATIONS: To master her weapons, and magic
    QUIRKS: Can get enraged quick
    SKILLS
    MASTER:
    >Destruction
    >Restoration
    >Acrobatics / Parkour
    >Sneak
    EXPERT:
    >Light Armor
    >Archery
    >Onehanded
    >Enchanting
    ADEPT:
    >Smithing
    >Illusion
    >Speech
    APPRENTICE:
    >Alchemy
    >Alteration
    NOVICE:
    >Heavy Armor
    >Two Handed
    >Lockpicking
    >Conjuration
    GEAR
    untitled_by_iisketchii-d5vm24j.jpg

ARMOR: Nia wears a simple cloth tunic, over cloth trousers. A belt covers her waist. On her waist she has small pouch for various items she picks up on her travels. She wears plain leather boots and bracers. Along with gloves to protect her hands. She also wears the necklace of her brother Aharon. On her back, along with a quiver of arrows, is a pack she can store other items in. Over all of that, she has a slightly beat up cloak, with a hood. Despite being old and worn, it is still surprisingly warm and protective.
    Nelri_Bow_Concept___I_by_Aikurisu.jpg

Ru__fiel_and_Koryr_by_Aikurisu.jpg

WEAPONS: Nia is a master of a special magic she has, she calls Breton Magic. It is a powerful flame that changes color based on the caster's emotional intensity (Really angry = Blue Flame). It behaves like water, which makes it incredibly hard to manipulate and cast. Along with that challenge, the magic isn't fueled by arcane knowledge. It is fueled by her life force or soul. After using it, she must reabsorb it all, or risk death. When she feels the need for other offensive tactics, she will resort to her bow. It is a hunting style bow that she made herself. With steel ends and a leather grip. When arrows aren't enough, or she can't achieve range, she resorts to her sword or dagger. They are a darkened steel set of blades. Both with leather handles and jeweled enchant holders.
    snow_by_lunacylore-d4szmv6.png

MISC: After escaping her death for a 2nd time, she wandered aimlessly through the hills of High Rock. When she had a premonition of somebody, or something surrounded by hostile Orc. Naturally she found where the premonition had lead. She spotted a small creature colored like the bark of the tree it was cornered against, and around it angry Orc. Without warning the Orc attacked Nia which pushed her anger to the brim. She let out her Breton flame killing the Orc and saving the creature.
    The creature she had saved was a Aedath. It is a Snow Leopard / Wolf hybrid that can camouflage itself to it's surroundings at will. They were said to be extinct after the Oblivion crisis, as many thought them to be deadric creations and killed them. Nia named him Luca, and trained him to be loyal and very nice. He is about 4'5" on all fours, and is very protective of Nia. (His trust is not easily gained).
    RELATIONS:
    EMPIRE (DISLIKES): She hates the fact that they take away the rights of religion from Talos worshiping Nords.
    STORMCLOAKS (DISLIKES): She hates the constant racism they throw around.
    COMPANIONS (LIKES): She respects there mission to fight for the innocent.
    THIEVES GUILD (NEUTRAL): She respects their cause, but dislikes stealing from innocent people.
    COLLEGE OF WINTERHOLD (NEUTRAL): Since she is a mage, she likes the fact that there are people training new mages.
    ALDMERI DOMINION / THALMOR (DISLIKES): She dislikes their cockiness and their arrogance.
    BANDITS (HATES): She doesn't like how they have nothing better to do than pillage and rape, and only worry about themselves.
    aftermath_by_noiprox-d4w8mmq.jpg

HISTORY
    CHILDHOOD: Read Aharon Valarius' Childhood for Nia's. They have the same childhood.
    ADOLESCENCE: She awoke in shock. (UNFINISHED)
    I will finish her history later, I am not feeling to inspired to come up with something. Also your pronounce her name as {Ny-a}. You can also check out a song I fell represents her on my blog.

Freyja

Supreme Ruler of Cats
    Sorry it took so long, I wanted to make a new one.

BASIC
    Name- Varian
    Age- 19
    Race- Imperial
    Birth Place- High Rock, Daggerfall
    Origin- A Dunmer Father and an Imperial Mother
    Class- Spell Sword
    Gender- Male
    Height- 6'11"
    Weight- 141
    Laterality- Right Handed
    Sexuality- Pan Sexual
    Marital Status- Single
    Health- Well
    Affiliations- None
    Afflictions- None
    Religion- Worships the Nine Divines
    APPEARANCE
    Hair- Shoulder Length
    Eye Color- Green with a reddish tint and glow
    Build- Slight
    Skin- Looks heavily tanned due to his father being a Dunmer
    Scars- One down his arm, it runs the length of his arm
    PERSONALITY
    Positive Traits- Calm, Precise, Humble
    Negative Traits- A bit Arrogant, easy to annoy, holds grudges, flirtatious
    Likes- Steamed Mudcrab, Salmon Steak, his sword, sparring, training
    Dislikes- Cabbage, Mead, Beggars
    Fears- Mad Men
    Aspirations- None
    Quirks- His finger twitches when he's hungry
    COMBAT SKILLS
    Master- Short Sword
    Expert- Destruction and Restoration
    Adept- No Armour, Hand to Hand, and Alteration
    Apprentice- Speech
    GEAR
    Amour- Wears fine clothing made from Daggerfall.
    Weapons- A Short Sword he calls Cortex. It is made from regular steel except for the edges, they're made from diamond.
    HISTORY

Childhood- During Varian's childhood he was spoiled. His parents were wealthy and he was being given anything he asked for. His parents spent little time with their child and he was bitter because of it. Varian was educated in the magical arts all throughout his childhood, he was in all the best schools and was a genius by 11. At this point Varian was plotting his parents murder. Realizing that he couldn't handle his families business alone he turned to one of his teachers for help. The teacher not wanting to be involved in this, told his parents about the plot. The parents, mortified, send their son to live in an orphanage in Black Marsh.

Teenage- Varian, at this point was an angry child. The Orphanage he was sent to wasn't an Orphanage. It was actually a place where the wealthy would buy and sell slaves. Varian was bought by a Nord by the name of Odin. The man walked into the place not realizing it was a place for slaves until he had bought Varian. Angered he burnt the place to the ground, killing all inside but the children and the other slaves. He had done this with a simple short sword. Odin, still wanted a son and gave Varian training as well as Steamed Mudcrab. Varian was no longer an angry child but a calm young man and he showed his thanks to Odin whenever possible.

Adult- Varian's parents had died from Ataxia when Varian was 17. Varian received all of his families wealth and property. Not wanting to leave Odin behind, he sold the property to a fellow Imperial. The Imperial, instead of giving money as payment gave his family heirloom. It was a sword with a diamond edge. Odin, was turning 67 at this point and didn't have much time left. The last thing Varian did for Odin was take him to his home city of Falkreath. When they reached the city gates Odin died. Varian stayed in Falkreath for a few years after that, clearing out bandit camps and necromancers, to keep his skills sharp. He soon grew tired of Falkreath and decided he wanted to see and do more than what he was. So one day he just left.

Well, seeing as we have so many inactive members, I guess we'll take you in. I'll drop Navare. What color do you want?

And I like Nia's CC. Yup.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I'll take this.

Navare

Savage Spirit
    Dang, what timing :/ Best of luck nevertheless :)

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    ... Erm...
    Anyway, I like Varian, Kenny. And if the pictures are anything to go by, Nia will be pretty damn hot :p
    Lyron, I'm not entirely sure myself about any romance between Aharon and Isabel. It's possible, but so many of my characters have a romance element to them at the minute that I'm not sure if I want Isabel to be the same. I'll make sure to inform you when I decide finally. Until then, we'll do some sort of will-they-won't-they thing :p

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I'm thinking of dropping out of the RP and letting the other guy come back, if that's okay with Freyja and Navare. If, however, Navare doesn't want to join back or Freyja doesn't want to let him back, I'll stay. If he does want to join back, I'll delete my post and everything can go back to normal.

EpicVakarian

Freyja, I'm guessing these dragons that are with Ulfric are the ones that our characters will later be riding?

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I'll read the whole thing on the weekend but can someone give me a recap post in dot points so I have an idea of what's going on?

EpicVakarian

We took the Rider out of Morthal, lured the Dragon to us and killed it. We're now going to Whiterun to meet Delphine and Esbern at the Bannered Mare.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Ouch.... I got left too far behind to post something that makes sense.... you guys go ahead, I guess I'll be leaving. To explain Gidian's absence, if you decide to, just say he went back to Cyrodiil to report his findings.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts