• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
It’s been at least 4 years since I played Skyrim and I thought it would be fun to dive into again. Few questions/thoughts….

I’m guessing SE is the way to go? I’ve had a look through the mods and most of the things I’d want seem to be there. I’m pretty sure I loaded it up once, back when it was first released, but haven’t actually played it.

Is there anything new I need to know? I guess the game is the same, but what about modding - any new tools or good things to do?

Finally, I was trying to work out what I should play on… computing wise I’ve gone all Mac in the past few years. I was thinking about buying a refurbed/second hand pc, but then I remembered I’ve got my old laptop somewhere that I used to play on. My first thought is that it wouldn’t be good enough, but looking at the system requirements on the wiki shows it should be - a quad core i7 with an nvidia GeForce 675m. Even though that laptop is 9 years old, will it be good enough?

thanks!

Reactions: Sah

Sah

honestly, I would go with a PC whatever it is as long as it has the specs to run Skyrim

My first PC cost me $1000AU 7 years ago ... now after upgrades, I have a $5000 wort of PC sitting on my desk and I learned how to upgrade it myself

FACT: a PC will give you the best modding experience, Nexus is still committed to full mod support for Skyrim SE & Fallout 4 ext, Bethesda on the other have are not so committed anymore and are shutting everything down (this is more Xbox related mods)

a PC is like buying a house, might be good and cheap but after a few renovations you can end up with a mantion

Sah

as for which version of Skyrim?

you get Skyrim Special Edition no questions asked

Pete

I've started re-playing. However this time I am talking to every character in each town to try and do some quests I've totally forgotten about. I've discovered a new way to solve the Cygna Mine quest :)

I also play on harder settings this new time thru and every encounter can be deadly.

As for mods for SE, I'd start with Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

Improved Bandits - A Complete Bandit Overhaul is very lore friendly and Darker Nights so you care what time it is. There is one called reduced the # of items found to make potions more scarce and valuable. Things like that are nice in that they don't break quests.

As far as mod managers go, I made the mistake of mixing two once - with bad results. I'm stuck with the old one for now as I had installed a lot of mods.

Mods can still reek havoc with SE.

Reactions: Sah

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts