• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

feliciano182

Hmm, perhaps on fiscal issues, I'm 84% Republican, but definitely more moderate-liberal on social ones. I consider myself an Independent, for sure, because I don't care for either Party, frankly.

Does this make me immoral and stupid? :p

I'm not a democrat either, I'm not even from the US.

But anyone that does not fully identify with the "current incarnation" of the Republican Party in the USA is a sane, rational human being. When my grandchildren look back on world history as a whole, and ask me why is the US now a horrible, broke and starving country, in which gay people were once not allowed to marry, where women were unable to exercize their reproductive rights, and were bizarrely rich people had more rights than anyone, I will answer them:

Well little Felis, in that time, the US was being run by people who had a terrifying mental condition, it was called "Republican".

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I'm not a democrat either, I'm not even from the US.

But anyone that does not fully identify with the "current incarnation" of the Republican Party in the USA is a sane, rational human being. When my grandchildren look back on world history as a whole, and ask me why is the US now a horrible, broke and starving country, in which gay people were once not allowed to marry, where women were unable to exercize their reproductive rights, and were bizarrely rich people had more rights than anyone, I will answer them:

Well little Felis, in that time, the US was being run by people who had a terrifying mental condition, it was called "Republican".

Both Parties have their fair share of the blame for this country's problems, though. Democrats didn't help with the financial collapse, either, as quite a few of them were in the pockets of Freddie and Fannie, even Obama. No, I'm pissed off a BOTH for being more concerned with themselves than doing anything to get the economy rolling again. Congress prefers to stick to the Party line, whichever it is, than compromising. It's bullplops and both are equally to blame.

As for social issues, I agree with you very much. Lot of empty suits around who don't do anything to change it, unfortunately.

feliciano182

Both Parties have their fair share of the blame for this country's problems, though. Democrats didn't help with the financial collapse, either, as quite a few of them were in the pockets of Freddie and Fannie, even Obama. No, I'm pissed off a BOTH for being more concerned with themselves than doing anything to get the economy rolling again. Congress prefers to stick to the Party line, whichever it is, than compromising. It's bullpl*** and both are equally to blame.

Maybe, but at least I don't see democrats as being people who are actually sick in the head, whatever complaints one can have about Obama, they extended merely to his competence and what might very well be his corruption, but not to what he has up there.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Maybe, but at least I don't see democrats as being people who are actually sick in the head, whatever complaints one can have about Obama, they extended merely to his competence and what might very well be his corruption, but not to what he has up there.

I see them both as sick in the head in their extremes, frankly, but that's because of my own personal political views (which are quite moderate).

lizardisok

FFS I started taking this quiz and realized it's "What Be Your Nerd Type?" No wonder the questions had no political topics, and mostly about games/reading/writing

But Might as well finish!

lizardisok

So that portrays to you that Republicans are controversial?

I think if you are one party that you can still have certain views. It shouldn't be so extreme "left, right wing"

lizardisok

I didn't say you said that, I only asked you. (and didn't mean to direct it to you... monsters) (I guess even though I said "you")

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Independent. Didn't take the test but I lean republican in principle. I believe in a smaller government that, rather than provide for it's people, allows people to provide for themselves. The whole system seems almost completely broken though... Political correctness is ruining this society- everyone is offended now, you know? We need a leader who will unite the people of his/her nation, not divide.

I don't believe in laws designed to protect the idiotic from themselves, (for instance trying to outlaw fireworks because someone lit a mortor on their head and blew themselves to Oblivion). Natural selection must remain a natural law and people should be able to do what they want, so long as they aren't harming others. My home state prohibits me from buying ale after 11pm, except Sunday when I must purchase it no later than 8!! Who comes up with such pathetic nonsense?

hershangames

Took the test. Apparently I'm a democrat.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

hershangames

Independent. Didn't take the test but I lean republican in principle. I believe in a smaller government that, rather than provide for it's people, allows people to provide for themselves. The whole system seems almost completely broken though... Political correctness is ruining this society- everyone is offended now, you know? We need a leader who will unite the people of his/her nation, not divide.

I don't believe in laws designed to protect the idiotic from themselves, (for instance trying to outlaw fireworks because someone lit a mortor on their head and blew themselves to Oblivion). Natural selection must remain a natural law and people should be able to do what they want, so long as they aren't harming others. My home state prohibits me from buying ale after 11pm, except Sunday when I must purchase it no later than 8!! Who comes up with such pathetic nonsense?
(Sorry for double post)

I couldn't agree more with you Kholar. I'm from the U.S.A but everytime I see one of those "great american laws", I can't help but think, who the flff came up with that??

I like how the American government let's companies do as they please, giving them the freedom to act as they see fit, but why don't they apply that to society in general?

The United States is supposed to be some kind of land of freedom, and yet it is theess free country amongst rich countries. All of Europe is Anarchy next to them. Anything you do can offend someone, and we don't want to offend, so we'll sue you if you do.

Come on man!!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale

(Sorry for double post)

I couldn't agree more with you Kholar. I'm from the U.S.A but everytime I see one of those "great american laws", I can't help but think, who the flff came up with that??

I like how the American government let's companies do as they please, giving them the freedom to act as they see fit, but why don't they apply that to society in general?

The United States is supposed to be some kind of land of freedom, and yet it is theess free country amongst rich countries. All of Europe is Anarchy next to them. Anything you do can offend someone, and we don't want to offend, so we'll sue you if you do.

Come on man!!

Don't get me wrong, it's a great nation and I love it, even though it's not perfect.

I worry though, that politicians are acting more so in the best interests of their career as politicians, rather than the best interests of the nation itself.

hershangames

Don't get me wrong, it's a great nation and I love it, even though it's not perfect.

I worry though, that politicians are acting more so in the best interests of their career as politicians, rather than the best interests of the nation itself.
Well, that's something politicians have always done, and always will do, but that's understandable. What I certainly don't agree in, is that they treat the whole nation as little kids, and the worst is that the nation actually behaves like a little kid.

Things like forbidding topless, or wmiti g TV programs a second late so that they have time to stop it if someone does something are things that could mark as a tyrant in Europe.

Also, while you might think of it as a great nation, in my opinion the only think that varies from one country to another is the chief of state, the food and maybe the language. But that's another debate.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Oh yay... this thread was revived. Just as well though, what with the elections coming up and such.

Independent over here. I think both parties consist of selfish morons, only wishing to further their own end. And if there IS someone that genuinely wants to help the people and the country, they have this mentality of, "I know what's best for the country, the people don't." And treating most people as incompetent buffoons. Though can you blame them...? Not the first nor the last the people have elected someone of... questionable integrity and intelligence.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
After some diligent research and soul-searching, I've ultimately come to the conclusion that both parties have at least some form of idiocy attached to them (though I generally dislike the GOP far more than I dislike liberals), and that George Washington was a wise old bastard who foresaw the drawbacks of a two-party system.

Needless to say, I don't know what to label myself as these days, but I fully support Bernie.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts