• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    Hi folks,

I'm going to reorganize this section today to hopefully clean it up and make it easier to navigate.

If you are making a post, please type it up in Notepad or some other word processor then paste it into the forum. You can continue to post normally but if you happen to hit the post button at the exact same time I'm moving something, I don't want you to lose your work.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, PM me or reply here and I'll do my best to address it.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    Not sure we need the sub-forum for active stories, and the inactive stories should be labeled Archives. with a banner or something stating that stories and threads that haven't been posted to in 30+ days will go there.

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    Given the ton of crap in this forum, I think active stories do need their own space. Keep all the info, recruiting, rants, twelve thousand guides on how to RP and whatnot here.

And I don't want to relabel every archived story. It is sufficient to put it in a subforum called "Archived Stories". I kept all the labels intact on purpose because if you UN-park them, you don't want to have to go back and redo all the prefixes again.

Shew

Ah okay. I understand the reasoning now sorry.

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    I'm going to have to hit the pause button on this for a few hours. I've got to take grandpa for his doctor's appointment and he would like to go to dinner afterward. So I'll pick back up when I get home.

Everyone should still be able to post normally. I've been adding a note to the OOC threads when I move them so people get the alert. I have not put anything in the IC threads because I don't want to disrupt the stories.

I really think all these stickies need to be revamped. There should be one guide for the mechanics of how this forum works, and one guide for how to RP. Having a page of stickies really detracts from the importance of them and blocks out new posts from players starting new threads to ask questions.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
    I'm going to have to hit the pause button on this for a few hours. I've got to take grandpa for his doctor's appointment and he would like to go to dinner afterward. So I'll pick back up when I get home.

Everyone should still be able to post normally. I've been adding a note to the OOC threads when I move them so people get the alert. I have not put anything in the IC threads because I don't want to disrupt the stories.

I really think all these stickies need to be revamped. There should be one guide for the mechanics of how this forum works, and one guide for how to RP. Having a page of stickies really detracts from the importance of them and blocks out new posts from players starting new threads to ask questions.

You are Awesome!

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    Ok, I've gotten through a few pages of stuff so far and I think all the active stories are relocated. I'll continue working through the stuff for the archives tomorrow.

If anyone has found their thread somewhere they don't think it should be, please reply to this thread or PM me and I will be happy to move it where it belongs. I have not read every thread; I mostly have used timestamps of the last post when it came to archiving decisions.

Also note, any story can be moved back to Active Stories if the participants request it. We'll make sure to add it to the guidelines at some point. But if you do notice anyone having issues, please be kind and direct them to me or PurpleShew.

I tried to limit all my posts to the various OOC threads but if any of my notes need to be removed because they're cluttering your story, use the report feature. I can't remember if you can report a mod post, but if you can't, report the post above or below mine and just put in the notes for me to remove my post.

Thanks for your patience while this is in-progress.

Shew

Thank u Rayven

Yeah, thanks Rayven.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Is it ok to post a recruiting thread in the Active Stories?

Rayven

Global Moderator
    Staff member
    I would prefer recruiting go in the main RP forum so you have the best chance of being viewed by potential group members.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts