1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC Reforging an Empire

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Simus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Simus

Simus An Excellent Site Member

Sorry. My alerts fell asleep. Deluge, you can join. Arillious, the post where you busted Idolaf's face open was awesome. I want to give you rep for that but I need to give to other people first. Ovalteens, Simus is a good commander and an old veteran. He's got Garrik's back. And Alice keeps an eye on everybody except when she's cuddlepouncing Arillious :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gunnbjorn

Gunnbjorn Formerly known as Arillious

Arillious will definitely have a stern talk with Garrik when they have the ability to.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UnLonged

UnLonged True to the Name

Psychedelic double post.

So many mentors, so little time. I think by the time this RP is done, Garrick will rank up from Squire to Mega-Death-Apocalypse-Harbinger-Knight Garrick 3000.

4. Gunnbjorn

5. Deluge the Distant

Deluge the Distant Rendered Distant

Character Name: Fatyl Chest-Reach

Race: Imperial

Class: Warrior / Ranger

Looks: 5' 7", 25 years of age, Jet black hair tied into two seperate wind braids. A neatly groomed face with a sharp nose, a hooked bridge, and fierce black eyes. He is adorned in complete Daedric Armor he smithed with his own hands.

Personality: Fatyl has a distinct pride about him. He's one of those people who are easily offended when questioned and very vicious when he feels as if he has to prove himself. He is a hardened field-legate and has never hesitated in cutting a man down. After a while Fatyl lost his sense of compassion, for he had lost nothing, but everything. He's been stabbed, and wounded, but has always had the will to carry on. His lack of empathy often leads to sociopathic episodes, and he is never satisfied with himself until he has drawn blood. He has been adknowledged as a member of Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood. Blood, shadows and gold. These days are harder, the Empire is no more in Skyrim. He is no longer a hero nor is he welcomed by the Nords who throw bottles of mead and insults at him whenever they have the chance. His direct attitude is simple," I don't need people, because I wasn't there when they needed me. " or "Eye for an Eye."

Skills: Smithing, One-Handed, Heavy Armor, Sneak, Blade, Archery and Block.

Combat Pref: Though he is a sword and shield build, his archery skill exceeds it. He prefers to take out as many as possible with his daedric bow and dwarven arrows. If he is amongst allies he takes to his Daedric Sword and Shield with earnest bashing and slashing as he weaves iin the opposite direction of enemy blows taking them off of their feet or impaling them on his blade. If pursuing a single target his daedric artifact "Mehrunes Razor" silently takes the lives of many.

6. Gunnbjorn

My computer is being extremely annoying. I might post from my phone for a little bit, which will mean I don't have colored text, but I'll try to edit on a computer ASAP after I post.

7. Simus

Okay. That's fine. By the way Alex, what did that messenger want?

8. meben15

meben15 Lord of the Meeblings

how many people do you have? If there isn't to many as is I think I would like to join, that is if I am not to late.

9. Simus

Right now there's six actively posting including me. You're more than welcome to join Meben. We just had a meeting outlining the rebellion plan but you could have your character come in as a latecomer. Or you could say that he and Simus (Who is leading the rebellion with Vignar Gray-Mane) made arrangements for him to come the next day to join the training.

10. meben15

I'd say he is a latecomer, I will be using Raylen, the main character of my fanfic. Will write up his character card and post it then :D

11. Simus

12. meben15

him and Simus will get along spiffingly, I assure you ;)

13. Alexstrasza

Alexstrasza Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire

I had an idea but I decided to not go for it :)

14. Simus

Ok then. Just so you guys know, I plan to have the party train together for a bit. You're all being offered Legion gear when you guys come back in the morning and Simus figures if you look the part you should get some of the training. Learning to work as a squad and all that. You guys okay with that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. meben15

Name: Raylen Varren
    Race: Breton
    Class: Battlemage
    Age: 54 (except due to him being a Breton and his skill in magic he only looks about 29-32)
    looks: Raylen is 6'0 and of a slim but muscular build, weighing about 180lbs. he looks pretty much like this, except his beard is a big longer in this rp.
    [​IMG]
    Personality: Those who know Raylen think of him as quiet and serious most of the time, but also very driven and honor bound. He holds fast to his morales but is not above breaking the law to accomplished his goals. Since Raylen has lost many he cares about he is very protective and loyal to those he calls his friends and would sacrifice himself for their well begin without a moments hesitation.

Gear: Raylen wears light ebony armor (a cuirass with chain mail, fewer armor plates) combined with various pieces of leather. He has wandered about Tamriel for so many years his armor has begun to reflect that. As for weapons Raylen uses a finely crafted ebony Katana, with no ranged weapons but his magic.

Combat style: Raylen fights will skill and grace, very practiced from many years of battle. He is very aware of his surrounding, a skill he picked up from staying alive in many chaotic battles, some of which he was surrounded by enemies on all sides. He uses magic primarily for defense, putting up wards and magical shields and such, but he also uses various simple attack spells (firebolts ect.)

Bio: Born into a career military family, Ralyen joined the Legion when he was 18, under pressure from his father, who was a general in the Legion. His mother was also part of the military, a combat healer, and she approved of his position as well. He rose quickly through the ranks due to his exemplary skill and leadership abilities. By the time the great war cam about Raylen was 23, and already a Legate of the 2nd Legion's imperial battlemages. During the war he fought valiantly to defend his homeland, and was given several medals for his bravery in battle. But when the war took a turn for the worse, when the imperial city was captured by the Thalmor, disaster struck Raylen's family. He had fought in the battle, but had been part of the force to escape with Titus Mede II. His family (father, mother, younger sister and brother) were not so lucky. Raylen didn't find out until after the battle to reclaim the white gold tower that his family was one of many military families that had been massacred by the Dominion during their occupation of the capital. That combined with all of the friends he lost in the Battle of the Red ring, plus others, almost made him lose his mind with grief. His world had been torn apart by the dominion, and the only thing he could do to keep himself going was dedicate his life to the destruction of the people who wronged him and all humanity. Unfortunalty he couldn't do that while in the employment of the Empire, but The Emperor himself, who was a friend to his fathers and to whom he had grown close to over the war, had an idea. He could be an unofficial agent of the empire, working to counteract the Thalmor's duties in Cyrodil and other provinces. Raylen readily agreed to this, as it gave him a purpose to drive himself forward. He would act outside of Imperial reach, with the desecrate aid of the Penitus Oculatus.

The rest of his bio is detailed in my fafic (a war of shadows). Its not finished but that up there is the gist of it, and I will reference certain events in his past as they come along.

I'll make my first post when I get back from dinner and read everything :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Simus

You know Meben, since Simus was a battlemage and smith, fought to hold the Imperial City and considering I haven't decided what Legion Simus fought in, he may call Raylen sir. Actually, We should totally do that. Simus retired as a Legate, but that was years after the war.

17. meben15

yes well, Raylen retired from the legion (officially) right after the war aswell. And I am not sure wether he will actually tell anyone who he really is right away, because he is one of the Thalmor's most wanted man in Tamriel. Hes caused them an immense amount of grief ever since the end of the Great war :D

18. Simus

19. meben15

ummm I am not sure if I will be able to tonight. I will try very hard, but If I can't I will post in the morning. I'm sorry, I'm a bit distracted but I won't bail out on you, I promise. :D

20. Simus

Okay. I know I totally bailed on you guys in A Daedric Reunion, but you're a better man than me so you're not allowed to :D

Plus, this RP isn't 600,000 posts of 8 paragraphs each yet :D