• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    Arillious had momentarily lost his vision due to deep thought for a few minutes, because the next time he looked up from his chair, Alice was right there, looking down at him.

"Hi Ari."

She spoke, clear as day. Looking into his eyes as she did so, he returned the eye stare, and slowly began to get up from his chair without breaking his gaze.

It had been a long time since he last saw Alice, or Simus, or anybody. They had all fought for the opposite side when they first met on their adventures in the Rift. He enjoyed every bit of the time he spent with them, whether it be good times drinking and eating at the Stormcloak camp, or arguing and bickering around with Hale. They were the first people Arillious ever really began to bond with, ever... in his entire life.

He returned to his duties in the Legion, with thoughts of the possibility of ever meeting them on the battlefield, and what he would ever do if that situation ever were to happen, he simply didn't, or wouldn't know what to do.

It's been a grueling couple of months, and after the siege of Solitude, he was physically and mentally torn, and but still he decided to try and take one last risk in hopes of seeing his friends, and he did, and he made it. Now he stands here and there's a feeling of discomfort, awkwardness, silence... Arillious never learned how to handle anything like this, he never had to... and as he stood there his mind continued to go to a blank, he would never think of anything to say, and wouldn't dare attempt anything because he had always been good at saying the wrong thing.

Instead, he lifted his arms and stepped toward Alice and entered an embrace, a hug. He wrapped his arms and gave a light squeeze, as if she were glass, lifting her slightly off her feet, and then back down again quickly, before resting his head on her shoulders and closing his eyes, in complete comfort, the most comfort he had been in... ever.

It was at this moment he heard a familiar Stormcloak voice greeting him, one of the only Stormcloak voices he would never attack, but that voice would have to wait for a moment.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    "Hello boys." Salthar glanced in the direction Alices' voice was coming from. 'Impressive...most impressive' he thought, but the only outward sign that he was impressed was a single lifted eyebrow. He glanced at the Altmer woman, Aliah, and nodded in return. Then he turned his gaze to the bounty hunter, who looked like he might spring up, out of his chair, and hit someone, just for fun. The vampire couldn't say he blamed him. He'd come to Whiterun to observe, and maybe participate in Simus' little rebellion.

Or at least until he saw which side was stronger. If it looked like Ulfric's army had a better chance, the Altmer vampire had no intentions of sticking around. After all, one did not reach two centuries of life by fighting for the losing side. That didn't mean he was planning on working with Ulfric, however. He'd simply withdraw to the Bloodlet Throne, and wait for another opportunity. Or until Ulfric died of old age. No one lived forever, and the Stormcloak leader wasn't getting any younger.

Salthar barely restrained himself from rolling his eyes as the new arrival swept up the generals' daughter in an embrace. "I was under the impression," he said coldly, "That the general would be educating us on the way's of the Imperial forces...or perhaps I was misinformed." He glanced at his two vampire companions, both of whom seemed genuinely bemused. They'd come to serve as liaisons between the coven and rebels, and instead were getting first row seats to a re-union.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari had been fiddling with one of her throwing knives, when her sensitive ears picked up the sound of foot falls. She glanced up to see the generals' daughter wearing a dress. 'Really?, We're planning a rebellion and she's playing dress-up....I have a bad feeling about this' her gaze strayed to the bounty hunter, across from her, who looked just as annoyed as she felt. She grinned at him, a I-know-how-you-feel, kind of look, and then turned to observe the girl some more. The assassin was constantly confused by the human need to dress up to look good. it was just so...vain. But then, Shadari didn't understand how the girls mind worked, and didn't want to.

She was in Whiterun for one reason, and one reason only. To kill Jorn Blackstone. The rebellion was just a means to an end. If they wanted to kill Ulfric that was fine by her. However, the only way Ulfric was going to die at the moment, was if he walked in, and saw the ridiculousness that was going on. Now, a young looking Imperial soldier had stood up, and literally swept the girl off the feet. 'Khenarthi help me, if they start going on about how much they've missed each other, I may have to kill both of them'. "I was under the impression,"the Altmer vampire, Salthar or whatever his name was, said coldly"That the general would be educating us on the way's of the Imperial forces...or perhaps I was misinformed." The assassin switched her attention over to the elf. He too looked...less than amused. 'No kidding' She'd gathered, by the forced politeness between the general and the vampire that neither of them liked each other very much.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Dabiene looked around at the various expressions of the people around the room when Alice and Vivi showed up with their looks and boldness to boot. Some where shocked, some where confused, and some where just plained stunned. And others... Looked annoyed. Terribly annoyed. The mercenary and the Khajiit female looked like they wanted to kill to just get some decent action going. Or... Something.

She didn't blame them though. All things considered, the Breton realized, was that the girl needed a booster after last nights dealings, so this time.. She let it slide on the dressing up. Not that it was her concern. But if she was her daughter, Oy...

Soldin was as stiff as a board when Alice's father approached, but what happened wasn't what he expected...

"Cat got your tongue pup? It's okay to look you know. Just ask her before you touch."
    The Imperial's hand was clasped on the Nord's shoulder as he joked to him. Soldin blinked and due to him being very pale and having unusual pearly white hair to boot, his face lit up like a tomato.

"Well, just know sir I was raised by good parents... I wouldn't dare do anything to harm your daughter. Y'have my family name's and my personal oath, if they mean anything to you, that is."

Dabiene nearly burst out laughing at his red face rich with embarrassment and his stammering. It was so strange... He could take on hordes of draugr, face elite Vampires, take on units of Daedra in fearless combat, and yet he would act like, not suprisingly, a puppy with his tail between his legs when in a situation like this. Couldn't blame him though, especially with Isran as your conscience...

At the corner of her eye though she saw this Arillious fellow glare firey dagger's at her young friend's back. And then the tension in the room started to get thick. She glanced over at Alice and saw she was hesitant about something and upon following the girl's gaze, it landed upon Arillious. She looked back at the father and in turn he gave her a look.

It didn't suprise her, she got looks all the time. In different forms mind you. But this look, somewhat shocked her. It was more or less a "need to keep your guard up look" or a "watch out for some drama and help out". She got that look once when her supervisor in the military witnessed two friends in the army fight in a tent. She knew the two boys for a few weeks but tensons were running high. When the man gave her the look he told her without words. "Get ready to break it up and talk to them."

This confirmed her thoughts when Simus mouthed the words to her and she gave a very subtle nod back at him.

Soldin was still in arms reach of her and she leaned over and grasped him by the forearm and gentle tugged him down for him to listen, "Before you do anything, why don't you take a seat, breakfast is almost here after all."

He nodded, walked around, and took a seat near her. Meanwhile the two 'friends', Dabiene thought with a smirk, had seemed to patch things up. They were currently being lost in eachother's arms while the room grew awkward.

And of course, leave it to a snarky vampire to spice things up a bit.

"I was under the impression," he said coldly, "That the general would be educating us on the way's of the Imperial forces...or perhaps I was misinformed."

This time it did it. The whole situation was amusing. The men giving looks, Alice and Vivi looking like Sirens, or attempting to be, the comments, Soldin embarassing himself and finally the snarkiness.

So Dabiene could only do one thing like so many others.

She laughed. And laughed she did. She threw her head back half cackled, half laughed and Soldin thought she was nuts. "Um... Dabs, did you get hit on the head to many times on the way over here?" Soldin's face was priceless he looked at the Breton companion with such a disturbed expression it made her laugh all the harder. The Nord looked over at Simus and he shrugged. He didn't know what was going on with her.

He looked over and saw that mostly everyone was looking at her with either disturbed, annoyed, or offended glances. Especially Arillious, the Vampire who made that comment, and the Khajiit. The Mercenary looked like he was about to stab someone out of annoyance.

Finally she calmed down. What was scary though was... She stopped abruptly. As if she just turned off. It was... Disturbing to Soldin. Had Sheogorath possessed her? The thought played out on his face and he looked a little worried now more than disturbed.

"Now, I know I shouldn't have laughed but I needed that. Trust me when I say this... Salthar was it? Yes, trust me when I say this, although both of our... Kind don't take to each other nicely, I do like a good 'comment' here and there." Dabiene had an idea that he knew her to be a werewolf. So in turn she knew that he knew what she was refering to. What was really refered to. She smirked and a chuckle came out. "No worries, I wasn't laughing at anyone. I was laughing at the comment in general, forgive me I hope that I didn't upset anyone." At the last part she gave a rare but warm smile at Alice and Arillious' direction.

"Glad to see you aren't possessed, Woman..." Soldin muttered. Dabiene turned her head to look at him and when their eyes locked he didn't find annoyance or anger. More like sorrow. She said that something bad happened to her in days past but she didn't want to talk about it. "Ahem... Sorry."

She slowly turned her head back to the direction of Simus and gave a small now saddened smile, "Yes, well... I'm glad breakfast is nearly ready because I'm sure that if I'm hungry I can only imagine Soldin could eat a crate full of sweetrolls and horker meat."

She didn't notice or care about the slightly offended look that was shot her way from the Nord.

(OOC: For those who weren't in RAE the original one, Dabiene has a baaaaaaad thing going on for years now. Also you can read a nightmare she has when she's sleeping in the crypt a few pages back. But yeah so the people who do know about her baddy baddy secret, I don't do much with it. Have Soldin find out, and help her. That's about it. Not nearly as much drama. So no worries. Since she and Soldin have already met I don't doubt she would be more calm considering. Anyway to clear up about the random laughter of hers, it's part of her bad thing. Yeah. She's hungry, tried, possessed, hungry possessed, tired, oh did I mention possessed?

Soooo that is all.)

Hale Loneshadow

As mentally and physically weary as the Ranger was at the moment, and as tormented as he had been for years by the...memories, Hale couldn't help but smile at the familiar voices. As the trio of women and girl approached, Hale managed to lift up a tired hand and playfully rub Cilla on her head.
    "Hey there, Cilla. Good to see you and Carlotta both have fared well in the last months. And Carlotta...thank you for opening the door. All I ask is that I quietly slip past whatever meeting is going on there unnoticed, at least for the moment...but from the amount of voices I'm hearing, I fear that may not be an option! Just....let Simus know I'm here, for whatever purpose this gathering is for, please."

With a thankful nod at Carlotta, and an acknowledging one at Friga, Hale stepped into the Burial Chamber directly after the three. As he entered the room, Hale's scanning eyes saw what appeared to be the most motley gathering of individuals that he had ever encountered in his very long life. The group ranged from ones he immediately recognized; namely Arillious and Alice, who were engaged in a long embrace, to vampires, to a knight in shining armor, to a Dunmer, to a female mage, to a strangely armored man who had the appearance that he was either very annoyed or very bored with whatever situation was going on at the moment, to...a stunning woman, to say the very least. No matter whatever the reason this group was gathered for, the sight of Alice and Arillious made Hale smile once more. It was heartwarming to see that, even in these dark times, lost love could yet be found anew.

Hale unconsciously rubbed his rugged, black goatee as he surveyed the room, taking in all his surroundings. Trying his best to slip in unnoticed, for no reason other than to avoid the inevitable barrage of questions that were sure to fly his way, both from those he knew and those he did not, the road-and-battle weary Ranger started down the stone steps, intending to use the shadows on the sides of the room to his advantage. Unfortunately for Hale, it was at that precise moment that weariness, combined with the dream-memories and the slight wounds he had taken over the past weeks took their toll, and the ever-alert Ranger fainted mid step. His deep green-colored mithril armor protected his taught body as he rolled down the last few, jagged steps, fortunately for him. Hale felt it strange that the last lucid thought he had before his mind slipped into unconsciousness, was the sarcastic thought of, Well, this will surely serve to impress everyone of my prowess!

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Vivi surveyed the situation carefully as Alice stepped over towards a man in the room. Immediately, she caught the air of uncomfortableness between the pair. She smiled somewhat slyly, knowing exactly who the man was. She and Alice had talked enough for her to recognize him as Alice's "Ari". She turned to look around the room as reactions passed across faces. Awe, disgust, the looks ranged across the map. Then, "I was under the impression,"the Altmer vampire said coldly"That the general would be educating us on the way's of the Imperial forces...or perhaps I was misinformed."
    Vivi rolled her eyes at him. Apparently she was alone in her dismissive attitude as Dabiene began to laugh uncontrollably. Daggers shot from Vivi to the woman. Regardless of intent, the laughter came off as directly targeting Alice and Ari, and Vivi was invested enough to be defensive. She shot the woman a silencing look, which was apparently ignored. As Ari and Alice ignored the episode and continued to hug, another man came into the room, draped over in Mila and Cilla's apparently loving embraces. She turned to size him up, watching as he took in the room. With another step,the man's eyes rolled back into his head and he collapsed. Vivi could feel her eyes widening. She'd never be late for breakfast again. She grabbed up her dress, moving over to the fallen man.
    "Excuse me, are you alright?" She paused, turning to Simus. "Is this another guest? I think he may need some medical attention."
    Then, she moved away from the fallen man, hoping for someone else to step in. She moved back, accidentally bumping into Marek. She put a hand over her face, turning on her heels to face him. "Girl gets dressed up and shows up late for breakfast, all hell breaks lose. I'd apologize for bumping into you," she paused. "But I'm sure I'd be forgiven."
    She smiled coyly at him, moving off his feet and over to the table to eat.

Dabiene Caristiana

After a few more awkward moments passed the Breton mage saw something move in the corner of her eye but she didn't know who or what it was. It stepped closer, down the steps. She shrugged it off. Must be a new comer. That was to be expected.

What wasn't expected was a soft thud and the figure rolling into visible light, passed out. Dabiene stared at the figure for a split second before standing up immediately, taking care of the situation. Vivi already ran over to the man lying upon the floor however..

"Excuse me, are you alright?" She paused, turning to Simus. "Is this another guest? I think he may need some medical attention."
    The young nord then stood up and looked slightly lost and then bumped into Marek. But Dabiene wasn't paying attention to her anymore.

"Soldin!"

"Yes ma'am."

Even though the man noticed Vivi shooting daggers at her along with most everyone else probably hating her now for laughing, Soldin immediately obeyed the unspoken command from her and ran over to the unconscious figure. Kneeling down he examined him. He wasn't very skilled in healing and therefore he hesitated. The man looked weary but he didn't know for sure. "Uhm.."

Dabiene showed up by his side and looked him over. "Obviously he's exhausted." 'Any fool could see that..' "If he wasn't he wouldn't just collapse like a rag doll." 'Probably dehydrated obviously.' She kept added points in her head as she talked. "Soldin, bring him to my spare room. My things should be in the drawers for emergancies."

When Soldin hesitated, not knowing what to do because Simus technically was the leader... Then again his friend didn't exactly have the quality of patience when things got serious. She now showed that trait when she growled.

"Now Soldin!"

That got him moving. He moved and picked up man who appeared young and yet... He looked like he had enough stress on him to last a lifetime. Soldin shook his head at the thought. Stress wasn't just part of it. Stress alone doesn't just make you pass out mid-stride, especially one as fit as this man was. He stood up with his charge in his arms and looked over at Simus in a worried gesture. It didn't matter, it would be on Dabiene's head for taking over, not his.

With that, he left to Dabiene's room.

The Breton turned to Simus. "I apologize for taking over... Military command reflex and all.." She tried to mask the grimace as several morbid scenes flashing in head. Like limbs flying and having them cut off, while they were conscious. The screams were the least troublesome to her then, but at least it gave her experience in the medical field. "Do you know that man perhaps? It seems you are somewhat familiar with a few people around the room so I'm guessing perhaps you do?"

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus watched Arillious and Alice with a mixture of happiness, genuine suprise and a little concern. Las time they had seen each other it was in The Rift shortly after the war but before Ulfric showed his true colors. The insecurites they both had about their relationship had come to a head. Ari had no idea what it meant to be in a relationship and Alice had wanted more than he could give. She had tried her best to help him understand but she had gotten impatient, and then frustrated. A rather heated argument ensued between the two of them and they had parted company badly. There wasn't much Simus could do to help since their specific problem was outside of her experience. By the time he met his wife he knew exactly what it meant to be in a relationship and he had a relatively normal childhood. His was more hum drum than any of his children by the way, one of the main reasons he had joined the Legion at eighteen.

Alice was crushed in the following months and fell into a deep depression. Simus and Carlotta did all they could for her and talking to the priests of Mara in Riften helped some, but most of Alice's healing was based on the assumption that she wouldn't see Ari again. Now here he was, holding her like a doll and she quite literally speechless. Tears were rolling silently down her face as she cradled the young soldier's head. He had sat back down while she remained standing and his chin was resting comfortably on his shoulder. Simus had moments like this with Amy, moments of blissful silence where words were both unnecissary and harmful. They were unforgetable moments but they passed quickly. The question on his mind was what would happen afterwards?

Hale's sudden and fainting appearence shocked him back to reality but he went into commander mode.

"Dabiene, Soldin, take Hale in back and lay him down. Prepare some food and orange juice for him but let him rest. He's a friend of the family by the way, so he's welcome in our little revolution. Assuming that's why he's here. I'll accompany you. Vivi? With me."

He looked to the rest of the crowd.

"As for the rest of you, eat while you can. You're to report for duty in ten minutes. There's a set of double doors at the end of the quarters we stayed in last night. Through them is a training room. You're to find some legion armor that fits and steel equivalents of whatever weapons you have on you. Hadvar and Fasendil will be supervising so don't try and sneak anything. They will see it and they will confiscate it. That is all."

He turned around, then had an afterthought.

"Oh, and if any of you mock my daugher or Captain Pelius again, you're going to have a shock spell coursing through your body while bound by iron chains. Then we'll see who's laughing."

His voice was uncharacteristicaly icy and he gave Dabiene a cold stare. He too had mistook her outburst for mocking the two lovers. He then opened the doors to prepare for Hale's arrival. Carlotta and the girls got to setting up breakfast while Friga and her squad joined the rest of the group. They were to help set up breakfast and guard the burial chambers during training today, so they figured they would get a meal out of it. They knew Simus wouldn't mind.

Dabiene Caristiana

The Nord stopped when Simus spoke and he turned back around.

"Dabiene, Soldin, take Hale in back and lay him down. Prepare some food and orange juice for him but let him rest. He's a friend of the family by the way, so he's welcome in our little revolution. Assuming that's why he's here. I'll accompany you. Vivi? With me."
    He then turned to give out orders to the rest of the group. "As for the rest of you, eat while you can. You're to report for duty in ten minutes. There's a set of double doors at the end of the quarters we stayed in last night. Through them is a training room. You're to find some legion armor that fits and steel equivalents of whatever weapons you have on you. Hadvar and Fasendil will be supervising so don't try and sneak anything. They will see it and they will confiscate it. That is all."
    Great, he had ten minutes to secure the man in his arms, make sure he wouldn't go anywhere, jog back, chow down a lot of his food and get ready for training. Eh, he had been in a worse pinch. However before he could get moving he heard a very chilling and deep voice. One that even a werewolf would be afraid of. A voice of a very ticked off father.

"Oh, and if any of you mock my daugher or Captain Pelius again, you're going to have a shock spell coursing through your body while bound by iron chains. Then we'll see who's laughing."

He managed to contain a shiver that shook through his body. He threw a pity look at Dabiene and instead of an icy glare from her for being overly concerned for (she was very independent, he had learned that the hard way), he met eyes with a defeated and a very well hidden look of disappointment. But he could see right through her. Although she wouldn't admit it, she could be easy to read.

He turned back and sprinted but not heavily to avoid moving the man named Hale too much. Once he reached Dabiene's rooms he debated on what to do with him. Well, the least he could do was take off the man's cloak and lay him down... And obviously get out supplies for his friend to do her job. With that he went to do his part, not really paying attention to his new military leader.

He quickly layed the man down and worked and gently moved Hales body and retrieved the cloak, folded it, and set it aside on a nearby stand. Looking around he saw the drawer that the Breton referred to him. After he took out all the potions necessary he turned to find Dabiene looming over her charge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside her face was stoney, and unreadable. But inside he died a little. For what reason she didn't know. She didn't know these people, nor should she definately care if they hated her or not. But she definately made some enemies already. Alice and Arillious didn't seem to notice or care during her pathetic laughter, and probably the vampire thought her insane as well. Although she was asking for it when she laughed to be ridiculed and insulted.

With that, she looked Simus dead in the eyes, nodded once and responded in a neutral tone, "Yes sir." She then turned to go to her rooms to work on Hale when she saw Soldin give her a pity look. She let her emotions display in a flash, but she knew he caught them. He was quick at finding subtle things that dealt with reading emotions.

However she didn't follow him for a second and watched the angry father leave with Soldin. She stood stalk still as the group prepared to eat, some most likely glare at each other or at her own back. Many thoughts ran through her head but after having too many of them too fast she shook herself from them and walked out of the room and toward her own rooms with Hale in them.
    She saw Simus standing and watching as Soldin layed out the materials for her to work with. Looking at the tall intimidating Imperial one last time from the corner of her eye she masked her features and set them in stone and quickly got to work.

She had checked his pulse, temperature, and various other things. Mr. Hale was simply exhausted and overworked. Whatever had stressed him out to come in such a hurry or have him so drained must have been serious.

"Soldin.." She whispered quitely not wanting Simus to hear. She motioned him to tilt her charge's head up while she uncorked various healing potions. "I think you know what to do." She said quickly and quietly. He did and nodded, he saw many of his friends in the Dawnguard do this to each other on the field when doing group raids on nests of foul creatures to help the fainted recover. As she gently poured the liquid down his throat he massaged his throat to try to not have him choke and have him swallow the contents.

After that was done she turned to him, "You may go."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

And she spoke no more. She took off his upper gear and garments but nothing more, seeing if he took any unlucky hits from the fall, but she doubted that happened. It didn't hurt to check though, just to be safe. Seeing none she covered him with a fur blanket up to his collar bone.

Focusing her magicks she summoned up a soothing healing spell, placed her hands flat on his covered chest and slowly but steadily loosened his muscles, restored any loss of energy and took away most of the fatigue. She did not however, take away most of his problems. She found that by healing someone all the way and not leaving the body to naturally recover at least some injuries no matter what nature they were, did not do well for the immune system or his bodies resistance. With that she stopped and looked him over once more before standing up her full height which wasn't much.

She took a small jug of water and poured some of its contents into a bowl. After that was done she grabbed a layed out wash cloth and let it soak for a second before twisting and squeezing it out. The water wasn't too cold, nor too warm. It was a decent temperature to where he wouldn't be disturbed by it. Hale had a minor fever but it wasn't that bad.. His body was just over worked. She layed the cloth over his head with care before looking at him, wondering what could have possibly have him faint like that. But she wouldn't know, nor would she want to. It wasn't her job to be a snooty busy body. Her role now was being his healer and she took that in stride.

She put away her potions that were left and cleaned up most of her supplies, however she left the bowl of water and the jug out for further use.

Dabiene turned around to look at Simus who was still at the door... Watching her. Soldin was just beyond that. She walked toward the door and kept her eyes foward, not looking directly at either of them. However her friend stood foward.

"Do you need anything...?"

"No." She replied in a flat tone. "I recommend you get something to eat Soldin, you already wasted most of your time, you'll be lucky to get a single bite of toast now." It wasn't a cold or hard tone. Instead it was neutral, like stating a sentence or known fact out of a book.

Shooting her a worried look he responded softly, "Alright.. But remember I'm... Here if... Y'know."

"Yes. I know." Was all the woman said. And the Nord turned and left without a word. The woman wasn't hungry anymore. Sometimes she went days without food, took caught up in work or stress. It was dangerous to do that what with being a werewolf but it happened often. She ignored her hunger so easily and so often that she never heard it or knew it existed. It was like she ran on pure vigilance and stubborness. Nothing else.

She tilted her head toward the other occupant in the room and spoke softly to reassure him, "He'll be fine. Just over exertion. If you need me, I'll be with the others." And she promptly moved to go and sign herself up for the next job that would last for who knew how long.

To kill or capture Ulfric Stormcloak.

---------------------------------------

(OOC: NOTE: I am not a doctor! I'm just using common sense here and known facts. I've had a fever from over working as well. It's happened to other's I'm sure. Yes, you can have a person knocked out drink liquids, by massaging the jugular to have the swallow reflex work, you just have to be very careful. That is all. And please don't prove me wrong by knocking someone out and forcing liquids down their throat, it will not bode well for either of you I can assure you that. ;)

P.S.: Don't you just love my weird sense of sarcastic humor?)

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    First came the soldier from last night, whose name The Ranger couldn't quite place. He gave a quick nod to the men in the room before sitting at the table by Simus. He heard a few sentences of their conversation. What he gathered was interesting. The soldier had been on his way to reinforce the Legion in Cyrodiil and launch a counter attack on the Stormcloaks. As he spoke, he wore no expression of emotional damage, as would not be the case with any NORMAL legion solider. But no, this one was different. He had to come from somewhere special in the legion to have such a serious attitude. But, for now, he would leave it be.

Focusing on the rest of the room he saw also the Blind Dunmer arrive, taking a seat and waiting for the General's attention. Then came the Vampire Altmer, with what the ranger guessed was his coven, as vampires seldom lived alone. "Good morning Salthar. And to your covenmates as well. I look forward to working with all of you." Simus greeted. The Werewolves cam in then, asking about breakfast. "Good morning to you both. Breakfast hasnt' started yet actually. Carlotta and the little ones are working on that. They should be back with it soon." Simus replied to their questioning. Then the Blind Dunmer spoke in, requesting a specific set of armor for an unspecified purpose, also complimenting Simus on his armor set. Simus accepted the request and compliment with pleasure, giving the Mer a short speech before others arrived.

The others Arrived slowly, The Entrancing Young Woman, along with the young daughter of The General. "Hello boys." Alice said, hands on her hips and brimming at the few Men in the room. She was stunningly dressed up in Makeup and her hair was elegantly tied up, perfectly quoting on the quite lovely Dress and Skirt she wore. The others seemed quite stunned by what they saw. He was surprised and even.....intrigued, by her appearance. The woman that followed her, the enchanting one, was still a puzzle to the ranger; one that he would not unlock so easily. She would reveal her name, eventually, as it would be called out several times during training. A little while after everyone was situated, something caught the corner of Barnan's eye.

There along the stairs, crept a dark figure, silently tracing it's footsteps. By the way the figure moved, it had to be someone trained in the arts of stealth, somewhat. A Ranger, Assassin, and Thief were his only options. But, before he could come to a conclusion, the figure fainted and slipped down the stairs, revealing it's self. Or, should he say, HIMSELF. Yes, it was a Male, Ranger by the cloak and Emerald-Shaded Mithril armor, which Barnan quickly identified. He rolled down the steps and to a sudden halt, before the room realized his presence. "Excuse me, are you alright?" The Woman paused, turning to Simus. "Is this another guest? I think he may need some medical attention." Barnan Half-stood, but Simus got there first. "Dabiene, Soldin, take Hale in back and lay him down. Prepare some food and orange juice for him but let him rest. He's a friend of the family by the way, so he's welcome in our little revolution. Assuming that's why he's here. I'll accompany you. Vivi? With me."

He looked to the rest of the crowd. "As for the rest of you, eat while you can. You're to report for duty in ten minutes. There's a set of double doors at the end of the quarters we stayed in last night. Through them is a training room. You're to find some legion armor that fits and steel equivalents of whatever weapons you have on you. Hadvar and Fasendil will be supervising so don't try and sneak anything. They will see it and they will confiscate it. That is all." He turned around."Oh, and if any of you mock my daugher or Captain Pelius again, you're going to have a shock spell coursing through your body while bound by iron chains. Then we'll see who's laughing." He said, opening the doors for Hale's arrival. Just then, breakfast arrived. Tons of Steaming-hot and Stone-cold bowls of morning food decorated the long table in the room's middle.

It was then that Barnan decided to change his position to the long table, as there were few seats left. For the first time in years, he sat, his back to vulnerable to the others, in the middle of strangers. It was his personal test of trust, to see who would really go for it. Who he could trust and who he should watch for. Granted, his back was vulnerable, but he was listening for the slightest sound of danger, of betrayal. He grabbed a Silver Platter and went to work. He grabbed two Apple Dumplings, one Braided Bread, one Horker Loaf, two Snowberry Crostatas, two Grilled Chicken Breasts, two Eidar Cheese Wedges, one Sweet Roll, two Green Apples, and one goblet of Ale. Most of the Patrons stared at him, but he dismissed the glares and queer looks, he barley ate for the past two weeks. So, with his hood and mask down, he dug in, eating, not like a barbarian, but like a Ranger, proper yet starved.

He gathered much from the orders of Simus earlier. The female Werewolf's name was Dabiene. The unconscious Ranger's name was Hale. He was a friend of the family, welcome to join the rebellion, if he so chooses to. He bit deep into the Braided Bread, indulging in it's freshly-bakedness for a few moments, before returning to back to thought. Training was in ten minutes, which meant he had to eat at a moderate pace in order to have enough time to armor up and get to the training grounds in time. With that thought, he tipped back his goblet and drank it's cold, refreshing Ale.

(*Long gasp* Too.....much.......writing.....Carpel......Tunnel......it.....burns....! *Long silence* Ha Ha! Got ya! I just wanted to catch up and get some needed ideas out there. And sorry for the pig-out scene, i just couldn't help myself. Barnan is one HUNGRY man, mind you. And if i skipped over any major events, i am so sorry. While i was writing, people kept posting and i had to keep updating, but i THINK i got it. Think, being the main idea. Enjoy :D)

Hale Loneshadow

(OOC: Prepare for a bloody well massive flashback story! But no really, this will pretty much explain where Hale's from without him saying it yet. I'm sure he'll have a talk about everything with his ol' buddy Simus sooner or later, and whomever he makes a solid connection with ;) )

As Hale slipped further and further into the deepest recesses of his unconscious mind, he fluttered through memory after memory, years of warm, loving times with...her. Though, the one, most prominent memory always crept back into his mind. And, it was the darkest of them all...

The Druid-Ranger, dressed in his finest cloak, his fine emerald armor shining as never before, stepped into the Grand Throneroom in the Ivory City, the court of the High King of Evondale and all his Lords and Ladies. Seated around an enormous, marble U-shaped table were everyone from the nobles of the Kingdom, to the liege Lords, to the King's immediate family. The rugged-yet-regal man strode forth in front of the busy scene, with everyone trying to talk over each other, everyone attempting to make their own concerns heard above everyone else's. With not a word, the Ranger knelt down on one knee in front of his King. Finally seeing his old friend above the commotion, the King stood up and exclaimed, "My dear, dear friend...you need not bow before me, for all that you have done for the land! It is I, if anyone, who should bow afore you!"

Immediately standing up, The Ranger saw who had been his closest friend for many, many decades, walking towards him. Reflexively, the Ranger's eyes flicked to the flame-haired woman seated directly to the left of the King, his beloved, his princess. The Princess in return gave her love one of those flashing, disarming smiles that said so much more than words ever could. There was no time for the two lovers to converse, for the King had urgent business for him; the Ranger could see it in his old friend's eyes. Putting a gentle hand upon the Ranger's shoulder, the King kindly steered him away from the still-bustling court.

"My old friend, it seems that rulership has been treating you quite well!" the Ranger joked. "Ahh, well, do you think I would give it all up, and leave Evondale to the mercies of those greedy nobles? Not a chance in all the Hells!" replied the King with just as much jest. However, the King's hardened features suddenly turned from jovial, to dead serious. Seeing this immediate change, the Ranger tensed, stating grimly, "It is him, isn't it? He's made another appearance?" The King nodded, replying with just as much grimness as he had joviality a moment ago, "Yes, my friend. And by all accounts...well, from the survivors at least, he is coming for you. You were, of course, the one who struck down his master three decades ago. The vile necro-lord is back, and he carries a heavy vengeance. Which is why...I need you, my oldest and most trusted friend, to ride out and meet him head on, with the might of the Army of Gold at your side!"

"But WHY must you ride out, yet again my love? Was he not defeated those many years ago by you and my father's hands?!" implored the Princess, laying on her silver-colored bed the next morning, watching as her beloved strapped on his ancient armor, preparing to meet his fate.
    "A thousand times I wish I did not have to leave you, leave this city again. For centuries now, myself, your father, and all of our people have wanted peace. For the last two-score decades, we have had just that! And for the last decade...I have had you, my brightest star. I go now, only to protect that which I hold most dear in this world," replied the Ranger, walking over to the Princess, stroking her fair cheek as he spoke. "I swore to your father I would protect you, my star-in-this-world, and even had I not sworn such a vow, I still would do whatever it would take, to keep you safe from harm."
    Smiling that radiant smile, the princess bent downwards once again, and gave her love one last, magnificent kiss. When the kiss inevitably ended, she smiled once more and said to the Ranger, "And I could not have asked for a more perfect man, one as humble, as brave, and as magnificent as you. Just...promise me, you'll watch over yourself, and bring yourself home safe to me?"
    Beaming, for this was truly one of the most perfect moments of his long life, the Ranger replied with a nod and a warm, "Promise."
    The badly wounded and burned Ranger crawled up to the top of the Ninth, and largest, Hill on the plains outside of the Ivory City. Looking back, the Ranger held back a surge of tears as he beheld the greatest city in the lands, in flames. The King dead, or dying. The Army of Gold, slaughtered. The Princess...taken.
    It had been a grand deception.
    It had been trickery and deceit in their highest forms.
    It had been the necro-lord.
    Forcing himself to stand, ignoring the spasms of pain wracking his wounded and weary body, the Ranger was driven by one, singular thought now: he had to, against all odds and all enemies, find...her. No matter what the survivors of his kin had told him what the necro-lord had done to her, no matter that it would be impossible, no matter that it was so obviously a trap for him, the Ranger HAD to go. For in reality, there was no one else left to do it.
    Drinking his last health potion, which restored movement in his left arm, mending the fractured ribs, and shoring up some of the slashes on his lean body, the Ranger steeled himself for what was to come.
    Nothing could have prepared him for what actually did.
    As he crossed the River Lothbrok, the ever-valient Ranger came upon a host of devils and demons, goblins and orcs, evil men, dark elves, and many other variants of evil creatures, in a pitched battle with what remained of the Army of Gold and its goodly allies. But what captured the Ranger's attention most, was the structure directly in front of him:
    It was an exact replica of the dark fortress in which he and the King had walked into with their other friends and companions all those years ago, fighting their way up the tall, overlooking keep, and had finally slain the Dark Tyrant, freeing the lands of his over-encompassing evil. However, this replica was made of pure ice. But, what captured his attention even more so, was the lone figure at the top, icey window of the ice keep.
    Using the last remaining power of his mana, the Druid-Ranger conjured forth a beam of solid light, which carried him from his spot on the ground, right up to face his captured beloved.
    "A pitiful sight, isn't she now?" a cacking, evil voice said from behind the Ranger. "Such an even greater pity, is that you arrived too late to save her, too late to save the one you claim to hold most dear to you...now, look on as she becomes the frozen princess, she was always meant to be!"
    The Ranger knew the necro-lord was right behind him, but he did not care. That vile man could strike him down at any moment, but he would die with his true love in his eyes. She was battering at the iced window, trying desperately to get out, her efforts as fiery as her hair, but to no avail. She soon stopped, realizing her efforts were in vain, and held one, fair hand up to the window, as her whole body began to freeze in place through the necro-lord's dark magics. Gasping desperately, with the look of one's whole life fading away in his eyes, the Ranger held his ungloved hand up, pressing it against his beloved's, yet separated by the impenetrable, magical ice. The cackling voice spoke up once more. "I will not kill you on this day, Hale Loneshadow, no...For as you watch your Princess succumb to the ice enchantments, as you watch her freeze in the very spot she's in now, to stay that way for all of eternity, and to know that there is no way that you can know of to free her...that, my old enemy, is victory enough! I expect you will chase me, that is certain. All I have to say is, I pity you, Hale Loneshadow, and I wish you as much luck as one of your misfortune can find in the coming hunt!" With that, though the Ranger could not see it, his eyes too focused on his freezing love, the necro-lord vanished into nothingness.
    The Ranger could only look on in horror, as the woman he had sworn to protect, finally succumbed to the freezing magics. However, before she fully succumbed, a silent tear rolled down her fair cheek, though that too froze along with the rest of the Princess.
    Hale woke up with a near-violent start, covered in a fur blanket in an unfamiliar bed, with the same mage woman he had seen before he collapsed. Unable to contain himself any longer, the usually stoic and optimistic Ranger buried his rugged, handsome face in his hands, letting out a cry filled with both intense anger, and intense sadness.​

Dabiene Caristiana

Just as the woman stepped out of the room she heard an agonizing cry come from what she thought was from Hale. She spun on her heel and stared in shock at the man that was breathing heavily. Her hazel eyes flashed in concern and confusion but nevertheless she moved quickly.

Briskly walking over to the bed she grabbed the washing cloth and dabbed his face while speaking softly to the distressed... Ranger? His grab indicated as much.

"Shhh. Calm yourself. You're in Whiterun Catacombs. Simus is not too far away as you can see." She tilted her head in the General's direction but did not look at him. She continued to look her charge in the eye and tried to display warmth and caution at the same time. She did not know this man nor what would happen should he have flashbacks or any kind of panic attacks. She did not know how he acted and thus was on her guard, regardless if he was in control of his panic or not.

"You're merely exhausted and I suggest you rest for at least a day. The others are eating breakfast and if you would like, I'd be happy to bring you some refreshments. Though I wouldn't try drinking alcohol too soon obviously..." There were one too many times where she would treat the soldiers and they would go outside the camp grounds or a nearby in to celebrate being alive or winning a small victory. She shook her head with distain at the memory. Hale didn't look to be like those idiots but it was just a precaution. The Breton was just going through the motions so to speak, and had to advise him on the do's and dont's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Soldin rubbed the back of his neck as he entered the food area. He scanned around and saw all the delicious morsels he could eat. He couldn't help the grin that stretched across his face. His blue eyes lit up at all the different meats and drinks on the table. The werewolf continued to look around and saw a ranger who was stuffing his face. Finally! Someone who loved food as much as he did!

With a friendly smile planted on his face with no intention of leaving, he walked up to his new comrad in arms and put a hand on his shoulder. The Ranger looked up with slight confusion before Soldin let out a laugh.

"Hey! I see someone rivals my appetite! Glad someone likes food as much as I do." He flashed a grin, "Mind if I sit with you? Maybe we can have an eating contest." He joked, his eyes twinkling in mischief.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Vivi moved into the room, listening intently as Dabiene cared for the mysterious man. Her face was disgruntled in confusion as she eyed Simus, carefully standing over the huddled pair dictating. She turned to him briefly, taking her eyes from the battleworn faintee.
    "Simus, I know it's not my place," she started. "But are you sure Alice is up for this?"
    She let the room stay silent a moment, looking intently at him. "I don't mean it in a 'I don't see her as battle-ready' I only question whether she mentally can handle more strife. For a girl who feels as deeply as she does," she stopped. It was hard to bring into words what she meant. She meant that she worried Alice was too... delicate. She meant that she didn't see the fire that radiated from every pore of herself in the crying, defeated girl. She just worried for her. "I'm sorry. It isn't my place. I'm sure you know exactly what you're doing."
    She got up to leave, turning back to the man who had awoken with a burst of air. Suddenly Vivi felt nothing but useless. She looked at the man on the bed as she sat in the doorway. She balled her fists, waiting to make sure he was ok. Unfortunately, her curiosity allowed Simus the chance to reply.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Barnan continued to munch on the Horker Loaf, still thinking about the recent events. Wondering if the Ranger, Hale, was alright. He had only seen ONE other Ranger in his early years, deep in Northern Cyrodiil.

He was in the Jerall Mountains, hot the trail of his traitorous Ranger Mentor. The Deathly-Cold breeze wavered his cloak and threatened to throw his hood off, and the even colder snow promised to knock him off balance. Barnan trudged ankle-deep in the snow, preparing to climb the dense line of mountains into Skyrim. Then he heard a distinct pair of footsteps. He flipped around to see a fist flying at his face. He countered by grabbing the fist, unsheathing one of his throwing daggers, and slicing the man's throat. As he fell, the twelve men behind him scowling their faces, he sheathed his throwing dagger and unsheathed his Iron Longsword, Gladius.

One of the men began clapping, as he stepped towards Barnan, the distance between the two was ten feet. All of the men wore armor much similar to his. Some wore different colored hoods, others wore different colored armor; all of which were the last of the Daggerfall Rangers. The one he just killed, spattering in his own blood, wore a crimson hood along with crimson armor, crafted by the smiths of Shornhelm. The one clapping and walking wore an emerald hood with emerald armor, matching his emerald cloak and boots. The others wore various colors of armor; azure, silver, lavender, etc. All of the men were highly trained in the arts of the Ranger as well; Stealth, One-Handed, Archery, Alchemy, Light Armor, Restoration, and Lockpicking. Though, while he was slightly more skilled than they were, all of them were rogue.

So, following their Mentor's will, the men slowly followed the clapping Rogue Ranger, as he came to a halt. "Well, well. It seems we have finally found you. During his run, Jorith, has sent us, the last of the Daggerfall Rangers, to eliminate you. And i have to admit, i'm going to enjoy ever bit of killing you. Might even have a quiet dinner when i'm done bashing your skull in." He said, walking towards Barnan, the other men following, weapons in hand. "We shall see who bashes in who's skull, brother." He said, as the first Ranger, a man garbed in lavender, charged at him, sword pointed at his chest. Barnan sidestepped and lowered his blade in front if the man/s ankles, tripping him flat on his face. Then he turned around and stabbed him in his back while he was down, then faced the others.

He rolled out of the way of a deadly downward slash, cutting into the man's side from a kneeling position. He stood and blocked a blow from another man, slicing across his chest before stabbing through his chest. As that man fell, another charged followed by another, and another. All encircling him. He was overwhelmed in a minute, unarmed in a second, and on his knees in seconds. The Emerald hooded man held a Steel Sword in the air, ready to strike him down. "Sleep well, dear brother." He said, before an arrow pierced his skull. Then a fireball smashed into the ground, five feet from him and the men that were holding him. There was an explosion then...darkness. He awoke to a lone, blurry figure killing off the men, swiftly and savagely.

As he cut down the last one, he looked to Barnan and moved towards him. Barnan stood weakly, reaching down to get his sword, when a gloved hand grabbed his wrist and pushed him back a few feet. As he stumbled into the mountain side, the in-focus Ranger, grizzled beard and all, raised his hand as if to strike him. Instead, he placed his hand on Barnan's chest and began healing a wound he didn't even notice. The armor healed up along with the skin, then the man removed his hand. Before Barnan could thank him, the man leaned forward and whispered in his ear. "Fight on." He said, before a strong gust of wind forced him to look away and cover up. When he looked back, the man was gone, leaving not a trail behind.

Barnan felt a hand on his shoulder then heard a familiar voice.

"Hey! I see someone rivals my appetite! Glad someone likes food as much as I do." He flashed a grin, "Mind if I sit with you? Maybe we can have an eating contest." He joked.

Barnan thought bout it for a second. Here he was, starved, and hungry. Then here came Soldin, a hungry dog, ready for all of the food on the table. Since he hadn't eaten in weeks, it might get interesting. Barnan grinned and nodded at the chair on his left. "If you're up to it."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice let go of Arillious for a moment and simply looked into his beatiful eyes. Eyes she thought she would never see again. They would talk about what had happened between them and there would be apologies, but there was time for that later. Right now she needed him and he probably needed her, more than he realized. She wrapped her arms around his chest and looked up at him.

"I'm so sorry about what happened in Ivarstead. I meant every word of what I said but I don't feel that way anymore."

She got close enough to where he could feel her breath.

"I love you Ari."

Then she took his face into her hands and gave him a long, passionate kiss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simus watched as Hale woke with quite a start and Dabiene soothed him. The man looked like he had a terrible nightmare, or maybe a flashback. Simus knew the look very well because he had experienced it himself on a thousand sleepless nights. He would wake Amy up and she would have to soothe him. It always worked and she always made him feel better but she wasn't around anymore and Simus couldn't ask the same of Alice. Even though she liked to try. He neeed to be there for her, not the other way around. Carlotta had made things easier but she didn't understand like Amy did, even though she tried.

He regretted threatening Dabiene so brazenly. There was no gurantee she was laughing at Alice, or even laughing at anything. Maybe she just thought the whole thing was funny and decided it was a good time for release. She had been through terrible ordeals after all, and her curse sounded unbearable. That was one of the big reasons Simus had never taken Skjor's offer to join his spirit with the beast world friend. He didn't care about being on The Circle and he wasn't about to blacken his soul any further than it already was. He had saved his own face and Dabiene was paying for not sacrificing hers.

Poor woman, he needed to apologize.

He walked over to her and Hale.

"That was some very impressive work you did Dabiene. You clearly know your way around a healing spell and we need a doctor. I'm sorry about threatening you by the way. I drew an incorrect conclusion and you didn't deserve that threat."

He put a hand on her shoulder.

"I also want to thank you for...taking care of Alice last night when I really couldn't. That wasn't the first time she's had an episode like that and there's only so much I can do to help her. She and I have shared a lot of the same battles, seen the same terrible things, carry the same memories. Things I'm just too close to to help her through."

He sighed.

"It's times like this I wish her mother were still alive. She was just...better at talking with our little faerie than I was. I can only do so much as her father and I could use your help."

He looked over to Vivi and moved his hand from Dabiene's shoulder to hers. Her frame was elegant like Alice's but it was strong and rugged and with ample bust. She was a Nord woman, no doubt about it.

"That goes for you too Vivi. Not everyone would stay up with my little faerie and induge her in girl stuff. Or dress her up for a Thalmor party when we've got a full day of training, you both look beautiful by the way. I'll have to call on you the next time we go somewhere nice. Don't worry about Alice, she's much tougher than she looks. She did come out of the Civil War without any scars after all, and she and I have seen some heavy fighting. You've seen her weak and vulnerable side because it's safe for her to show it here. You'll see her stronger side soon enough."

He then rubbed his neck with some concern.

"I'm not sure about Ari coming back though. He and Alice had a bad falling out a few months ago and haven't spoken since. I figured he'd be back in Cyrodiil by now. I'm...not sure how she's going to handle all this but I'm worried about more drama. It would help me if you two talked to her about it. Just...make it look like I didn't ask you too, she doesn't need to think her father's spying on her after all. You both seem to care a great deal about her and I'm guessing yuo want her to be happy, so will you help me out?"

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Marek shoved himself back from the table and stood up just in time to have his toes stood on by Vivienne. He growled but she hardly seemed to notice, instead saying, "Girl gets dressed up and shows up late for breakfast, all hell breaks lose. I'd apologize for bumping into you," she paused. "But I'm sure I'd be forgiven." She flashed a smile at him before turning and following the General and Dabiene into another room along with the new arrival. He stared after her for a moment, a lopsided grin on his face. She was a ticket al right. Still smirking, Marek turned and left the meeting hall in search of the training room.

He wasn't too keen on relinquishing his armor but for now he wouldn't argue. If it came time to do some real fighting however, he wasn't going to be caught wearing pathetic Imperial gear. He found the room easily enough. Pushing his way inside, he found himself in a makeshift barracks, complete with a small archery range, training dummies, weapon racks, the whole nine. Marek was slightly impressed, not that anyone could have derived that from his facial impression of course. Looking around he spotted a room with a sign, marked armory, above it. Walking through the wide doorway into the armory, it didn't take to long too find suitable weapons and armor to replace his own sinister attire. On his way back into the training room he shrugged self consciously and cracked his knuckles as he waited for the drama in the other room to die down and the others to join him.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari ate quickly, wanting to get away from the action in the meeting room as soon as possible. She didn't want anyone getting close enough to start a conversation. She finished, and left the room and headed for the training room armoury. The mercenary was already there, looking through the gear and weapons. She looked down at her own armour, then at the Imperial gear stacked in the armoury. 'Garbage.All of it' she thought, having less than complimentary thoughts towards Imperial smiths. The armour was either too heavy, poorly made, with literally no protection offered to the wearers legs.

Sighing, she settled for a set of light armour, stripping out of her own grey attire. She searched through a row of Imperial weapons, and was annoyed, but not surprised, to find out that none of the weapons were anywhere near her own falchion. She grabbed a simple steel long sword, and didn't even think about taking daggers. The balance on them were horrible for throwing, and the blades were wider than Shadari was used to. Tightening a strap, she walked back into the main training room, and crossed her arms under her breasts, leaning against the wall and waiting for the others.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Vivi smiled up at Simus, giving him a nod as she turned to leave the room, throwing a second glance to the gasping man on the bed. She moved through the hall and back in the meeting room just in time to catch Alice and Ari in a kiss. She smiled coyly, moving back out just as caught a glance of the Khajit leaving for the training room. She followed, moving behind and looking through the racks of armor and weapons donning the armory. She sighed. She was used to the finer things, but the cheap leather would have to do. She pulled the lightest armor from the shelves, pulling it over herself. She looked down at it, tugging her dress out from beneath the armor. She pulled at the skirt, ripping it up the legs to give herself a slit all the way up her thighs on both sides. The way she learned to fight was that if you stopped moving, you died. Restriction wasn't her thing. She proceeded to rip off the sleeves as well, moving over to the blades. They were thick, flat, and entirely unlike her thin fencer's blade. She moaned, pulling one off the shelf. It was better than nothing. She then pulled a pair of gloves down an pulled them over her hands, gripping the sword. She flipped it between her hands, admiring at least how light it was. That meant it was flimsy, but light was better than a heavy blade for her purposes. She detached the holster, throwing it back. She could more easily access the blade from her belt. Then she turned to the preparing Marek and Khajit, smiling broadly at Marek's change of appearance.
    "You're much less intimidating in Imperial gear," she stated. He was. He looked like a regular soldier, only betrayed by his mature gait and deep eyes. Then she turned to the Khajiit. "Fancy a friendly duel?"

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari frowned at the Nord woman. 'I don't do friendly duels' she thought. 'I either kill, or I don't'. But she had the idea. A duel was like a fight, except neither side was trying to kill each other. Usually, to gain a lady's affection, or prove something to the other. The Khajiit assassin had nothing to prove, to anyone, but decided to agree. 'After all, might be an interesting waste of time'. "Sure" she drew the imperial sword, and tested its weight and balance. It wasn't great, but the legion didn't make weapons to be good. Legionnaires worked in units, and generally ended up blindly hacking at an equally large unit of enemies. It was very seldom they'd need to fight one on one.

She took a ready position, presenting her side to her opponent, and leveling the blade in her direction. "I'll let you make the first move" Normally, Shadari would have struck quickly, and with the element of surprise on her side. She was all about ending the fight before it really began. However, she was pretty sure that the general and his pals would be unhappy if she murdered an 'ally'.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Vivienne smiled at the Khajit, readying her own blade, placing her left arm behind her back. She arched her back, standing taller than the woman as she flashed her brilliantly white teeth.
    "I'll let you make the first move"
    Vivienne laughed delicately, enjoying the idea of being "let" do anything.
    "Try not to go easy on me," she taunted. She turned on her heel, taking four steps away from the woman. "I suppose we should begin."
    Like lightning, Vivi lashed forward, covering the ground she'd made in miliseconds as her steel charged against the Khajiit's.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts