• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Dabiene soon got dressed in plain but fine clothes, fixed up her hair and walked out the door. Her nightgown layed out next to the bed on the nightstand.

Soldin was waiting outside of the meeting room where he saw a bunch of people already gathering. He was very disappointed... He didn't get a bite to eat... And neither did Dabiene. She was going to be cranky today.

He saw her walk up and offered a cheeky smile but it faltered when she scolded him. "Don't think that puppy like grin is going to get you out of trouble boy, you're a grown man who scared an equally grown woman and invaded her private space!"

Soldin chuckled, "Ah, but if you didn't like the company wouldn't I be a pile of dust? Besides I fully woke you up too didn't I?"

The Breton growled and gnashed her teeth as his persistance to annoy her. Although she admitted it kept her life interesting she just wondered when the man would grow up. At least he had a humorous way to look at life... You had to have a bit of humor after all to get through it..

Standing up Soldin offered his arm to her, "Shaaaall we?" He bore is signature grin with it all. Rolling her eyes she decided to humor him and layed her hand on his arm and they strode through the doorway to the meeting room. "I'm assuming breakfast is skipped?" she asked quietly.

"Probably, who knows. I haven't talked to Simus." He whispered back to her.

"Hmmm..."

They saw most of the group had already gathered, already talking to Simus. Dabiene sighed, this was going to be a long day, she just knew it.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    There he was, standing on a bloody, War-Torn battlefield, alongside his comrades, next to Jen. Baroth stood strong in the middle, sword brandishing, his expression as if he could take on all of Tamriel. Jen half-crouched to Barnan's right, arrow stringed, his hawk-eyes ever watching for what the Advancing soldiers had to throw at him. Arigom stood next to Baroth, on his left, War-Axes drawn as he waited for them next chance to spill blood. And Gorbit stood next to him, holding his staff with his left hand, a fireball in his right, as he studied the scene and contemplated quietly over their next move.

They all waited, ready for the quickly advancing army. Their screams were deafening, as they stomped through the mud and blood of the fallen soldiers. Closer they got, until they were but a few feet in front of them, before the five acted. They clashed as a catapult a few miles of released a large, burning ball of stone. He felt his muscles lock up as he helplessly stared at the incoming ball of fire. He tired to close his eyes but they refused, he had to watch his own death. The Ball came crashing down, as it smashed into the his body, exploding in a huge flash of light.

Barnan snapped awake, sweating in fear as he sat up, Gripping his Iron Longsword and pointing it at nothing. He was still dressed in his Loin cloth, leaving his chest and legs bare (Like when you take off all of your armor in Skyrim). He wasn't sure what time it was, considering he was underground, so he had to go off of estimation. He usually woke at about nine or eight, so it must be one of the two. The bed creaked as he got up and made his way to the dresser where he left his equipment. He threw on his Mourning clothes, then his Mithril Underarmor, along with the rest of his armor, Chestplate, Boots, Hood and all. When he was fully dressed, he strapped his sheath and quiver on his back, sheathing his sword he had gripped earlier.

With his arrows already quivered, he left his hood and mask down, reveling his buzz cut hair and early beard, as he exited the room. He made his way through the hall, remembering the young girl's route, as he eventually found the Main hall. But before that, he heard a faint, muffled yell in one of the rooms. "You... YOU!" Came a yell, he classified as a Female Breton's. Then a door a little ways down the hall flew open and out came the two werewolves, The Male Nord before the Female Breton. "Oh maid! The breakfast is ready to get cooking! Rise and shiiiine!" He yelled. Barnan smirked at the taunt. His race was know to be great cooks and chefs. It must have been directed at the Breton. He looked and saw her by the door, blushing as she yelled out in a angered scream.

"SOLDIN! YOU MISERABLE USELESS BUFFOON!" Blushing red like a strawberry, she stomped back into her room while slamming the door. Soldin clutched his sides while laughing. After a few minutes his laughter died down and he bellowed, "I guess this means breakfast is comin' eh?!" Soldin payed no attention to who else was in the hall and laughed again at her reply. Barnan slowly made his way around Soldin, and headed into the Main Room. Besides the Werewolves, the Altmer Vampire, The Mercenary, The Blind Dunmer, And the Female Khajiit had all risen and stirred. He gave a short nod to the General and sat in his original spot, awaiting for the others to rise.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    Arillious awoke. The aching had perished, the potion had worked.

The sleep was phenomenal. As he got up he felt nothing, it was as if he was reborn into a new body.

All of his equipment was still on him from the night before, he could feel a dense layer of sweat that coated his body, most likely formed by the combination of running/walking for long durations of time and then sleeping in a dark, musty tomb. His armor stunk of a very peculiar odor that Arillious couldn't identify. He had been on the run for months, and he hadn't washed any of his gear during that time. In fact, the blood on his armor from the events tracing all the way back to the siege of Solitude had dried for so long that some parts of his leather armor that were previously a brown texture had turned to a sort of dark maroon.

He walked out of his small room and made his way out to the bigger, main room that he had passed out on the floor previous night. He could see Simus, sitting with two other legionnaires he could immediately deem familiar. There were a bunch of others gathered about the room as well. They didn't seem familiar at all, and didn't look Legion, either. Arillious immediately believed that these were the people who also came to join in this rebellion Simus had formed.

He walked down closer toward Simus, taking a seat at the table he was sitting at.

He gave a quick nod to the obvious Legionnaires, before looking toward Simus.

"It's been awhile, friend. Sorry I didn't give a formal hello when I first arrived, things have been... tricky, these last few months. A lot has been going on, as you may know, and I've been at the short end of the stick with a lot of it."

He knocked on the wooden table with both his hands, as if testing the durability of the wood, as if he cared. However he felt a sort of eagerness and anxiousness as he began to speak. He was shaken by the events that have unfolded, and hopefully nobody has yet to notice. He had already been made a fool of by himself by showing such a physical weakness when he practically dragged himself here. He would certainly go out of his way to show no such sign mentally. With this, he kept his normal stone-look, not showing any bit of emotion in his facial features, but showing friendliness and gratitude in his tone of voice when speaking to Simus.

"I was looking to head to Cyrodiil to regroup with the Legion, and help in launching a counter-attack on the Stormcloaks. However I heard a rumor of a certain rebellion that was forming right here in Skyrim from a barmaid in Markarth, and for some reason I had this feeling it'd be you who was leading it. Most people would think it unlikely, however, you being a General and all - but no, I had a feeling..."

He stopped knocking his fists on the table, as musically inclined as he now felt, he knew Simus may be a little curious. However, Arillious hated whenever people talked about things nobody asked them to, and because of this he would wait until he was asked, to not become his own pet-peeve.

With a small smile, "It's nice to see you again, Simus... and I'm wondering if I could join you in this Rebellion."

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Vivienne awoke much later then she guessed she should've. Of course, she and Alice had found themselves gossiping and chatting through much of the night, and Vivi didn't need a mirror to see the dark circles under her eyes. She moved her hand to the back of her head, moaning in pain. Alice hadn't quite taken to the braid. She moved her fingers dexterously through her hair, still on the bed, pulling the pins and bobs from the wiry red curls. She got off the bed, sliding cautiously over Alice so as not to stir the still sleeping girl, and grabbed some water from a vase on her nightstand. She splashed it over her face, moved it through her hair, and hoped she looked somewhat human. Then, grabbing the berries and coal from her things, she splashed a bit of red stain onto her lips, darkening the outer corners of her eye with the coal. Makeup, a quick wash, now she just needed clothes. And to hurry, since she was sure she'd overslept. She moved back over to the bed, grinning devilishly at the still sleeping Alice. She pulled a pillow from the bed, pulling it up over her head. Then, quickly as she could, she flopped the pillow flat on Alice's sleeping face.
    "WAKE UP! We're probably ages late you lazy cow!"
    She was grinning ear to ear as she said it, forgetting that she'd yet to change from her nightgown. Alice would surely know she'd just woken up as well.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    Walking into the room Zander took a seat, listening intently to Simus and the Legionairres. Zander had originally planned to speak to Simus in private but the situation wouldn't allow it. Settling for speaking later on Zander just sat, listening to the General and wondering what would happen next.

Hale Loneshadow

A cool breeze blew over the couple as they lied down on the soft green grass of the massive plains that served as the walkway to the Ivory City. The man, dressed in his Order's garb of a green-grey cloak with the traditional, bronze oak leaf clasp, drew his rarely un-gloved hand through the princess' silky, curly, firey hair. The maiden let out a small giggle, suddenly sitting up so that she was directly over the man. Letting a natural smile crease his grizzled, yet still so young of a face, the man replied with a teasing, "Mm, now what do you find so humorous this time, my lady?"

Suddenly putting on a very pouty expression, the princess replied with an exasperated, "I think this will be the literal thousandth time that I've told you, when we are alone, to hell with the formal titles, my love." She then leaned downwards quickly, kissing her beloved full upon his cracked lips. Leaning upwards, the man returned the kiss in full, cupping her smooth face with his war-beaten hands. It was a kiss that was more radiant, more exquisite, more real, unlike any that the two had experienced before with anyone, even each other. After a short while, the radiant kiss inevitably ended. The man in the green-grey cloak suddenly let out a low chuckle, drawing another teasingly pouty look from the woman.
    "Oh, now what do YOU find so funny, hmm??" she asked with fake venom in her voice.

Smiling the truest smile that had ever crossed his lips, the man replied with dead seriousness."That, with all that could go wrong, with all the vows we have both taken, not to mention all the other suitors you had, that you chose to give your love to a falling star. As for me, well...I was helpless the moment I laid eyes upon you, my love."
    Returning the man's smile with one of equal effulgence, she looked upon him and replied in her ever silvery voice, "And I will always choose you, my love. Now come, and take me for a swim, my brave ranger!"

The blissful memory came to a jolting halt as Hale Loneshadow awoke from his rare sleep in the forest outside of Whiterun. A wave of bitterness at the lost memories came flooding over his whole body, building into an intense nausea. Standing up, and drawing his cloak tight around his built frame. Attempting to push the memories back in the recesses of his mind for the time being, the Ranger began the final leg of his journey to Whiterun. He had heard rumors that his old companion, Simus, was the head of the garrison there, and even so, it wasn't like Hale had anywhere else in particular to go at the moment. If anything, he could grab a drink or five at the local tavern, and attempt to push this latest onslaught of memories back even further. Then again, what was the point? The ale would most likely only bring even more lost emotions back, emotions that the Ranger thought he had lost with his beloved many, many years ago.

Of course, bad luck had a way of finding this particular Ranger, more often than not when he was not even on the hunt for it...which, to be perfectly honest, was not very often. Tonight was no different. The (what some would call) semi-supernatural abilities of Hale's picked up on a quartet of voices, about one hundred meters East of his position. He could have easily avoided them, but something drew him toward the possible danger. As he approached the fire-lit camp, Hale made out four shapes huddled around the campfire, and a fifth, smaller figure lying on the hard ground a feet feet away from them. Peering his sharp eyes to counter the glare of the flames, it appeared that the person was a young girl, and a prisoner at that. Hale's gaze turned into a full-on glare as he realized that these vile men were bandits, apparently fresh off a raid. He could easily have picked two, three, maybe even all four of them off with his greatbow from here, but an inner rage drove the Ranger to a different course of action.

Standing full on his feet, Hale Loneshadow strode towards the bandits, making no attempt to conceal himself. Rather they think I'm some lone beggar, thought the scheming Ranger. As he entered the main part of their camp, the quartet of marauders finally noticed his presence, jumping to their feet and clumsily drawing their weapons, all longswords. "Now then," said the one who appeared to be in charge, "You'll not take one step closer, you'll find no generosity from us." Noticing the Ranger's obvious gaze towards their hostage, the wicked man sneered. "As for HER...well, she's OUR little plaything now that her family has been so tragically killed. And we're not for sharing, beggar! Now leave, 'for I change my mind bout lettin' you go. As it were, all ye got to do is hand over that coin purse of yours and I won't let my boys rough ye up too much!" As the bandit leader said the last bit, his "boys" rose into a chorus of stupid laughs.

"You'll get naught but death from me, my friend. As for her...all I intend to do to her, is to set her free from your bastardly clutches. Now you have two choices. One, you set her free, and I'll only kill you. Two...well, I'm sure you can guess," Hale replied, dangerously calm. Not quite grasping the gravity of their situation, the leader of the group nodded to his charges, saying with a sneer, "Alright then, seems ye've made the choice we'd enjoy most, anyhow! Boys, time to put this son of a bitch out of his misery! After we rob 'is corpse, we leave for the cave!"

As two of the bandits slowly began walking towards Hale, weapons outstretched, the Ranger shook his head, gravely stating, "None of you shall leave this place, tonight." With near-blinding speed, Hale's hands flew to his sides, grasping his two favorite choices for close combat as of late; a nasty-looking hook-claw (ooc: think of a cross between a small scythe and a butcher's hook), and his curved, elven longknife. In the same motion, Loneshadow took a quick leap forward, stabbing upwards with the hook-claw, easily piercing through the first bandit's neck and up through his skull, splattering brains and gore across his friend's face. Too shocked to react in time, the second bandit stood still, traumatized at what had just happened.

He never even registered the longknife coming at him, right up until it pierced his right temple. Pulling both weapons from the dead bandits, Hale looked up to see a slow attack from the remaining bandit and the chief. Almost lazily sidestepping the first (and only) clumsy overhand strike at him from the second-to-last bandit, Hale shifted in a heartbeat behind the man, this time stabbing straight forward with his longknife, through the back of the man's neck. As he violently pulled his blade out, blood and spinal cord flew across the camp, showering the last one, the leader, in the full effects of the gore. Now visibly frightened, the chief nevertheless realized that running was futile and attempted to make a stand. He was slightly better than the rest, to his credit.

Nonetheless, ten seconds later Hale pulled his hook-claw out of the man's heart, wiping both of his weapons off on the leader's leather armor. Walking over to the girl, the Ranger cut her bonds, helping her to stand up. After a short conversation, it was apparent this girl was just outside of Riverwood when the quartet of bandits had attacked. They had butchered her parents and her uncle, taking her as their "slave". Fortunately, Hale had come upon them before they had had the chance to have their way with her. Breathing a sigh of relief, Hale gave her some food and water from the camp, and urged her to make fast for Riverwood, which was only about a fifth of a mile away. After many eternal thanks from the young woman whose name was Faelina and a promise of anything if he should ever happen to come by her home in the future, she was off for Riverwood, and Hale for Whiterun.

It was about three hours later when Hale trudged into the town proper. By then it was early morning and the town's residents had begun scurrying about their business. After grabbing a quick breakfast from the Bannered Mare, Hale decided to take a walk around town, finally setting down near the outside of the Hall of the Dead, falling against the large doors with a huge "thud". How have I come to this, wondered Hale, as he began whacking at the Hall's doors in intense frustration. His pounding grew louder and louder, but as not one living soul was (to his knowledge!) in there, Hale could care less.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The conversation between Simus, Hadvar and Fasendil was winding down and they took notice of who was in teh room. Salthar and two new vampires had arrived, apparently as a liason for his coven.

"Good morning Salthar. And to your covenmates as well. I look forward to working with all of you."

Dabiene and Soldin had also arrived, inquiring about breakfast.

"Good morning to you both. Breakfast hasnt' started yet actually. Carlotta and the little ones are working on that. They should be back with it soon."

Zander had also arrived and apparently wanted something, but Simus couldn't get to him at the moment. Arillious was up and seemed to recognize the other Legionnaires. Hadvar and Fasendil certainly recognized the young imperial and were happy to see him.

"Peleus?" Fasendil asked. "Is that you? Haha, by the gods it is! I knew you had survived Solitude soldier! I'm certainly glad to see you here, you're just the right man for this job. You made Tullius very proud you know, and I'm glad to have you by my side."

"It's nice to meet you Arillious." Hadvar said. "My name's Hadvar. I wasn't at Solitude, I've been here in Whiterun for most of the war, conducting gurella raids against the Stormcloaks after they took the hold. Obviously I survived the fall and Simus showed me mercy. Probably because I helped Alice get out of Helgen when...it fell."

"Good to see you on your feet Ari. Hadvar's a good soldier. He'll be handeling recruitment today while Fasendil here makes sure everything goes smoothy, as well as help Vignar with the hold's defenses. Excuse me for a moment."

He turned to Zander.

"Good morning Zander, I'm sorry about the wait. What do you need?"

Meanwhile, in the room with the girls, Alice gave a suprised yelp as Vivl attacked her face with a pillow. She was startled enough that the flung the covers off of her, revealing her white footy pajamas. She had changed into them hours before she and Vivi went to bed, but she still had this thing about being seen in them.

"For your information, I am NOT a lazy cow! I'm far too small for that and I don't produce milk! At least, not yet."

Seeing vivi in her nightgown and being just as bedheaded as Alice was, she stood up and hugged Vivi.

"Thanks for being so nice to me last night. I really had fun and I really appreciate it. You're a really nice person Vivil."

At that moment, at the top of the Hall of the Dead in the proper chapel of Arkay far above the meeting place, the old priest who tended the hall heard a knocking at the door. He rubbed his thinning grey hair and full Nord beard, it was too early for calls or visits so who was this person? Unlocking the chapel doors and letting the day shine through, he saw a tall and strong ranger.

"good morning my child." The priest said. "What can this servent of Arkay do for you at this rather early hour?

(OOC: *pant*, *pant*, *pant*. Lots of RE:'s in that one little post. Sorry about that but I've kept you all waiting for too long. Hope this gives you something to at least chew on and RE: too.)

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.

Zander smiled. ''Well it was about the armor we would be wearing for training, i dont wear anything heavy or bulky due to my lack of sight and the possibility of it being a hindrance '' He said. ''What i am getting at is, I have heard that you can craft some of the most magnificent pieces and i was wondering, if you had the time, if you woud be able to do the same for me?'' Zander looked at the floor, he didn't like to annoy people with petty requests but it was very important to him and he hoped the general didn't think it a waste of time. ''All i ask is that i can keep my cloak.'' He said pulling the green Fur lined cloak around to show Simus. ''It is very important to me, but you can dye it or something to make it fit the camouflage we are going for.'' He blushed like a small child. ''I'm sorry, this is petty and probably not worth interrupting your meeting.'' he stared at the floor.

Aethalia

Aliah awoke to the sound of someone pounding on the entrance to the hall of the dead. 'Oh joy...' she thought sarcastically, opening her eyes, and glaring at the stone ceiling. Fortunately, someone answered the door, bringing silence to crypt once more. 'I should probably get up...' she thought, swinging her legs out of bed and standing. Her clothes and coat were folded on the chair in the room, which she dressed in. Fastening her sword belt underneath her coat, she headed into the main chamber, noticing that there was a considerable number of more vampires in the room than there had been last night, counting herself. 'Either Vivarian has decided he doesn't want to co-operate, or he's taking this rebellion more serious than I thought he would or he just really wants Ulfric dead.' She took a seat near the door, and stretched, raising her arms well above her head. She listened with half an ear to the conversation between the blind elf and Simus, before turning and nodding a greeting towards Salthar.

Dabiene Caristiana

Both of the werewolves nodded as Simus addressed them. Dabiene muttered under her breath. "Good... I don't have to cook at this ungodly hour..."

Unfortunately Soldin wasn't as quiet. He didn't yell it out but he made it known to all of half of what she said, "Ungodly hour? It's 9 or 10 in the morning! Almost noon..." He chuckled as he took a seat near the door. He noticed the ton of vampires and it put him on edge. Not because he hated them, but Isran just kept screaming in his head to get out of htere. But he had to trust this... Salthar was it? Yes, this Salthar fellow. And it didn't matter if he liked it or not the vampire could very well save his life in the future. Or try anyway, so he had to be civil.

Dabiene shot a glare, "It might as well be 3 in the morning from my exhaustion boy!" She snapped. Yesterday before they came to Whiterun she had lost count of how many people, animals, and other creatures they slaughtered together. Not to mention the cold rain that kept on hitting them. Even Firenze was exhausted, and he could go for miles at a time, although he did help with the fighting... That and she had been keeping the beast at bay. That was no easy task.

While Dabiene was grumbling to herself about the past few days of arduous traveling Soldin sat while listened to Simus talking to Zander, as he learned what the fellow's name was.

Soldin turned his head to look at the Dunmer when he responded. ''Well it was about the armor we would be wearing for training. I don't wear anything heavy or bulky due to my lack of sight and the possibility of it being a hindrance. What I am getting at is, I have heard that you can craft some of the most magnificent pieces and I was wondering, if you had the time, if you woud be able to do the same for me?'' Soldin chuckled quite loudly and Dabiene snapped at him. Zander looked at the floor, not trying to look up after Soldin's chuckle*. ''All I ask is that I can keep my cloak.'' He said pulling the green Fur lined cloak around to show Simus. ''It is very important to me, but you can dye it or something to make it fit the camouflage we are going for.'' He blushed like a small child. ''I'm sorry, this is petty and probably not worth interrupting your meeting.'' He continued to stare at the floor.

Dabiene sat up, careful not to startle the blind Dunmer, and grabbed Soldin by his metal steel collar and started to drag him out of the meeting room. "Sorry, we will be but a moment." She flashed a charming smile at the other occupants in the room, not caring that one was blind since her tone was cheery and he would most likely understand, Soldin finally was let go.

"What was that?!"

"I just want to help!"

"You are impossible..." Dabiene growled, a little happy he got his answer right away, "Just don't mock a blind Mer, especially as powerful as Zander, I can feel his magika coming off in WAVES." and with that she shoved him back into the room just as Simus was about to respond after his thinking on the situation.

"Um sir?" Soldin stood at attention. "Perhaps I could be of assistance?" He had a sheepish look on his face and couldn't get words to go out of his mouth.

Dabiene rolled her eyes at his bashfulness. How in the world did he live for months on end with Isran? He must have wet himself with all those harsh talks the way he was performing now to a complete stranger.

"Oh for the love of Mara!" She tossed her hands in exasperation. She then turned her full attention to Simus.

"What I'm sure the boy is trying to ask for or request," She folded her arms, showing only respect and yet not any form of intimidation from him or coming off of her. "Is that sir, he wants to help. And although I'm very sure your expertise on smithing is very handy, and note I'm not trying to do your job or tell you how to do it, but I might add that since you have your hands full organizing and planning on training courses that perhaps well... You may be a little busy. Soldin has a natural talent for smithing... Although that's what he keeps on saying..." She threw a disappointed look at Soldin, one that mothers would throw at their own children for bragging about having the best toy in the town to the other unfortunate kids.

"It's completely up to you, he merely wants to help."

"Aye, yes sir." Soldin had now regained his composure. Of Dabiene could do it so could he. "If you decline, I understand. I just want to help Zander and you is all. After all, planning and organizing a Revolution type goal is hardly a light paper work job." He flashed a grin and Dabiene rolled her eyes at the last part, but couldn't hide a small smirk. As such she sat down waiting for breakfast to arrive.

She added one more tidbit, "If it's any help, he learned from Eorlund. Although I'm sure you have as well..." She muttered the last part so quietly she she figured no one had heard. Well, except for Soldin maybe.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Vivienned smiled as Alice embraced her. She rolled her eyes playfully at the girl, her smile widening the slightest bit.
    "I have to thank you, too. It's been a while since I've been able to talk to someone who doesn't care about money or status. And who..." she trailed off. Too deep, too fast. She covered the growing silence quickly. "So, I was thinking either my green dress or the white one. See the green has this great..." she continued on, the back of her mind raving at her stupidity. Alice wasn't like Vivi. Alice could still hurt. Alice was innocent. Vivi was a fool to think they'd connected so deeply. Vivi didn't want her rage, her anger to affect someone like Alice. She was afraid that if Alice spent too much time with her, she'd turn into her. And Vivi wanted nothing more than her rage to die with her. Still, part of her truly was fond of the girl. Part of her wanted to open up and really, sincerely be friends with her. Part of her wanted to not be so angry anymore. She had Alice tie the back of the green dress. It was one of the most beautiful pieces of clothing money could buy. Inlaid with Bosmer design the dress glistened like an emerald in the dim light, with a scooping neckline just beneath her collarbone, fitting tightly to her waist. She smoothed the bottom of the dress, looking at Alice in her footie pajamas.
    "You wear the white one. It'll look great with your dark hair. And besides, we're already running so late I'm afraid if we go through your wardrobe and mine, we won't make it out until dinner."
    She smiled broadly at Alice, hoping they could make their collective way to breakfast soon, as Vivi's stomach grumbled in agreement.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Vivi..." Alice said in awe of the absolute splendor the dress had turned the red-haired Nord into. "It's beautiful. I would LOVE to wear the white one! And yeah! It would go great with my hair! Oh, this is awesome, having someone who actually cares about clothes! It is so awesome how we met like this, I just want to hug you till you pop!"

Before hugging her again, Alice stopped herself, remembering that not everyone was as cuddly as she was.

"Oh, um...sorry. I'm a compulsive hugger and cuddler. I don't want to invade your boundries."

She examined the long white dress. It was as beautiful as the green dress but completely different. It had long sleeves and an ankle-length skirt that would fit her tightly but not too tightly. It also had a high neckline, perfect for a necklace or amulet. The stitching was gold string and it shimmered like diamonds in the light. It was a truly remarkable piece of clothing and Alice couldn't wait to try it on. It looked a bit thin though, so she would need to wear something underneath it to keep warm. Pulling out her brown knee boots from last night, she also got out a black pair of the same style. She also pulled out two matching sets of warm cotton undergarmets, a long sleeve shirt and matching bottoms each. One was blue and the other was gray. She presented the choices on the bed.

"So I was thinking grey underwear with brown boots, or we could do blue with the black boots. Oh, I also have a really cute pair of pink underwear and those go great with both boots! What do you think?"

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    "I'm quite partial to the blue underwear with the black boots," Vivi grinned. She turned as Alice finished getting ready, helping as she needed to fit the white dress onto Alice's body. "It might be a little big in the bust. Sorry about that."
    Vivi moved away to give Alice's finished look a glance. "You look beautiful. I'd be jealous if it wasn't my dress."
    Then, grabbing a little extra of the berries, she moved to finish Alice's makeup. She smiled, imagining that it must be like this, having siblings. She clapped her hands, wiping them on her dress and looking at Alice. With the remnants of Vivi's intricate braid, the makeup, and the golden-white dress, Alice was quite the sight. "I'd find it hard to believe they can hold our tardiness against us, what with you looking like that."
    Then, looking to the door as she heard whispers she realized were the odd-smelling couple, she motioned for Alice to make an exit. The girls left from the hall, Vivi ushering her into the meeting room for all to behold.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus listened intently to Zander's request and Soldin's offer to help. The boy seemed a bit tongue-tied and Dabiene had to finish for him but Simus wasn't sure why. He seemed more than confidant enough and he clearly made friends easily. Plus, being a werewolf, he didn't exactly lack upper body strength. Dabiene did imply that he talked about smithing more than doing it so maybe he was just shy about putting his septims where his mouth was.

"I'd be happy to make some armor for you Zander, and thank you for the compliment. I didn't think my work was noticed by anyone, considering my proximity to Eorlund."

He put a hand on the mer's shoulder.

"Also, don't ever be afraid to come to me for help. You're certainly not the first man to do so and most of the concerns I hear are genuine. Really, I'm honored that you're asking me to smith for you, and yes you may keep your cloak. The only catch is a full suit of armor, gloves, boots and helmet could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to complete, tailor and enchant. The exact amout of time depends on what you want of course but nothing's going to be ready tomorrow. You'll have to use imperial armor until them, I'd recommend light scout armor, and you would not be able to use your cloak. It would make you stand out as a target and you don't want that."

He then turned to Dabiene and Soldin

"Soldin here sounds like a very capable assistant. I'd be happy to work with him. Just so you know son, I was taught a few things by Eorlund. My wife and I ran a smithy for fifteen years back in the Imperial City and none of it compared to working on the Skyforge. Never got many chances at it though, I'm sure you know how cranky he gets."

--------------------------------------------

"Excellent choice." Alice said matter-of-factly when Vivianne picked out the blue long undewear with the black riding boods. Alice got out of her footies and folded them neatly, now down to her bra and underwear. She climed into the comfortable blue undergarmets and then unzipped the back of the dress, climbing into it.

"It might be a little big in the bust. Sorry about that."

"That's okay. That's part of what the long underwear is for. That and, well, It's cold down here and I'm a bit lacking in insulating body fat."

Alice chuckled at her own joke. Despite the best efforts of her mother, Alice had never weighed more than 100 pounds and just couldn't get past the 5 ft mark in height. She was small and skinny and she got sick more often than her friends thanks to this lack of reserves. She was healthy otherwise though, and a year of war had given her some muscle mass and a bit more fat along with it. She weighed more than she ever had but it was good weight. Plus she was still tiny.

Vivi helped with Alice's zipper and made sure her skirt wasn't dragging. It allowed good freedom of movement without being a giant hoop adn went no longer than her ankles, just as a long skirt should.

"You look beautiful. I'd be jealous if it wasn't my dress."

"R-really?" Aliced asked a bit nervously. No one outside her family had ever called her beautiful and it was extriemely flattering. She had never really believed it herself and Ari had never told her so, and their falling out had made things worse. She wanted to change that. Looking into a mirror, she saw what Vivi was talking about.

"Wow." Alice said in awe. "I. Look. Badass! This dress is so pretty and elegant but it has this sort of 'don't screw with me' message, you know!? I love it Vivi! Thank you so much!"

After touching up her hair and makeup, Alice felt even better about herself. She hadn't been dolled up like this since her mom got her ready for prom a couple of years back. Her mother had a keen eye for fashion and Vivi had better clothes than either of them. This was so awesome!

"I'd find it hard to believe they can hold our tardiness against us, what with you looking like that."

"Thanks Vivi. I've forgotten what it's like to feel...pretty. You look beautiful as well, better than I would in that dress anyway. Let's go for breakfast shall we?"

As they walked into the burial chamber, the room turned on its head. All eyes were upon them and all jaws were dropped.

"Hello boys." Alice said, hands on her hips and brimming with confidance.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    ''I can work with light scout armor until it is done, and thank you both very much.'' Said Zander, glancing around at the locations where he heard the voices. ''I do not wear helmets at all, a circlet or a hood would be more welcome. As for enhances, if there were a way to increase my Magicka or even augment my spells to be more powerful, then that would be very nice.'' He said. Zander had never worn any enchanted gear before and had been dying to see just how much it would expand his prowess.

"Hello boys."

Zander turned to the source of the voice. It sounded like it were General Psyrakon's Daughter.
    ''Hello Alice, sleep well?'' Zander asked, smiling. Not many people were nice to a blind mer, but Alice was one of the exceptions. Zander could tell from just her aura that she was a truly kind and gentle person,and he respected that more than he would any battle scar or trophy.

Dabiene Caristiana

(OOC: *Grabs a huge scary looking shovel and smashes the alert system in anger* BAD ALERT SYSTEM! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY! *smacks self with the shovel* And that's for me not checking just in case. I thought you guys died on me, shame on me for assuming as such!)

Dabiene and Soldin listened as Simus adressed the issue for Zander's new armor to be created, who would be creating it and how it would be created. He assured the Mer that everything was in order and things were fine and would be happy to help him. That and to never be afraid to ask for help. Which Dabiene though Highly Considerate considering his title. If it was anything she learned from the Legion, it was to take care of each other. Sad thing was the Officers frowned upon close friendships, it would just lead to rage and anguish if something... Horrid happened.

"Soldin here sounds like a very capable assistant. I'd be happy to work with him. Just so you know son, I was taught a few things by Eorlund. My wife and I ran a smithy for fifteen years back in the Imperial City and none of it compared to working on the Skyforge. Never got many chances at it though, I'm sure you know how cranky he gets."
    "Sure do at that. Made the mistake of touching one of his tools the first time I met him. Fiesty and protective of his forge he is... Though that's understandable... Most if not all Nords know the sacred value of the Skyforge, among other races. That and it's valuable history..." He smirked then after a moment it became a full out grin. "But yes, it'd be an honor to work with you General! Been a while since I worked with another Decent smith... Aside from Gunmar." He muttered the last part. Gunmar was a patient man and he seemed to enjoy smithing with Soldin. The other members he really couldn't relate to. He just loved Smithing. He especially loved to craft jewelry.

Before Dabiene could speak and ask who Gunmar was, although she had no doubts it was from Fort Dawnguard, she heard Alice and Vivi as she called herself, walk into the room.

Soldin turned his head, his years of training with Isran told him to be alert. However upon turning his head...

"Hello boys."

Soldin's eyes almost literally popped out of his head, his jaw went slack and in his head the wolf started howling and jumping around in his cranium. Still in her chair Dabiene raised an elegant brow and gracefully stood up. Most if not all the men were stunned into silence. Except the Mer that is. He was blissfully unaware of the scene. He could hear though.

''Hello Alice, sleep well?'' Zander smiled as he asked on her sleep. Dabiene had no doubts that Alice probably slept well, for she seemed to be in a daring and energetic mood. Or probably just in a happy go lucky mood most women go through when they want to dress up for the day. Most days Dabiene just threw on her most expensive garb, put on mascara and eyeliner to make her eyes more dark and commanding, fixed up her hair and went right out the door. Alice and Vivi really did themselves up though. She continued to smirk at the situation.

Walking over and standing just behind Soldin she laid her right hand against his back, palm against it. She took her left hand, raised it, and with her index finger she snapped her friends jaw close. Leaning against him she whispered in a really low tone laced with warning against his ear.

"You know, you could be arrested for leering like that... What with her father standing just there..."

That immediately got his attention and as she backed away and sat down again he turned away and stood at attention, his mentor's voice ringing in his head.

"What are you doing boy? Show some decent behavior and quit acting like a love sick puppy!"

Love sick puppy... Oh how true that was. He seriously needed a real girlfriend... If only he didn't have young manipulative girls going after him just for his exotic hair color and looks for his age. And his money.. Oy...

He heard Dabiene chuckle allowed and almost everyone turned their attention, wondering why she was just so amused. "Now you all have learned a very valuable lesson boys... Never underestimate the power of us ladies... Am I right Vivi?" She tilted her head back to look at the young Nordic woman. She started to grin then turned her attention to Simus.

"Now then... When does training start my good Sir?"

Inside, she was cackling hysterically like a madwoman.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Marek swiveled his head in the direction of the two girls and raised an eyebrow at their ostentatious outfits. They looked like they were attending a ball instead of a meeting of military matters. Both of them were outfitted in brightly colored dresses, complete with all the accessories and had succeeded in drawing the attentions of nearly every man in the room, minus the blind elf and himself of course. Both girls were young enough to be his daughters and he had very little interest in things such as this anyway so after a cursory glance, Marek rolled his eyes and shook his head slightly as he returned his hooded gaze to the table in front of him. Across from him, the same khajiit from the inn was also watching the women.

I hope Psyrakon knows what he's doing. This better not be a regular occurrence or by the eight I might start to choke on a diet of 'cuteness' like this... I'm gonna have to hit something soon. Marek thought as he listened to the Breton woman ask the General when things would get under way. He wanted to know that as well but apparently there was a morning meal to be served before any business was discussed.

Having already eaten, Marek simply sighed rather loudly and sat back in his chair, resigning himself to a long morning. It would be interesting to see how everyone would take the news about the vampires. He once again wondered if he should inform the General about the other bloodsuckers outside the walls. It would probably ruin any chances of keeping his deal with the guards a secret though so for now he decided to keep it to himself unless absolutely necessary.

Hale Loneshadow

The Ranger, lost in his thoughts and vivid memories, was surprised when the large doors were pulled open to an elderly Nord priest answered the door. Dead tired from the past few nights, Hale could only clasp the man on his shoulder as he muttered, "Simus. Want...to find Simus. Old friend."

The elderly priest nodded in knowing, and with a hint of a smile replied in that calm voice, "Ahh. You must be here for the meeting, though I must say you're a couple of days late. Never mind that, I'm sure the General will be delighted to see an old acquaintance. Come, take some water, you look parched. I'm his, well, gateman, of sorts. I'll show you the way, my child."

With quick directions on how to navigate the tunnels to find Simus and the others, the priest gave him a short blessing and sent Hale on his way. As he wandered the narrow tunnels and dark passageways, Hale Loneshadow couldn't help but wonder, why in the Hells was his friend hiding down here in a crypt? Sure, the Stormcloaks had won, but wasn't he on their side?! It had been many, many months since he had last seen Simus or his daughter Alice, and something in the back of Hale's ever-working mind gnawed at him that something had gone terribly awry.

Shaking his head, Hale could not help but feel somewhat left out of the recent goings-on in Skyrim. He had, after all, spent the last five years tracking Garumn across the land, and that was after a two-score decades-long search in Hale's homeland, far across the seas. Then again, Hale thought, he remembered hearing in various towns and villages that the leader of the Stormcloaks, that Ulfric chap, was not looked to kindly upon in recent times. Ah well, I'll would find out soon enough, thought the Ranger.

As he reached the spot where the priest of Arkay told him of, the secretive entrance to the burial chamber, Hale mustered himself up, and fixed his shoulder-length black hair up, as well as brushing some of the road's dirt off of his dark green armor, and grey-green cloak. Resting his left hand on the hilt of his broadsword, Hale reached up and gave the chamber entrance three heavy knocks.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    It didn't take long for the men at the table to acknowledge Arillious.

Fasendil was the first to acknowledge. He was a soldier under Simus back when Arillious was rescued from a Vampire cave. The very thought brings him way back. Many memories, many new-found friendships. Winter, Lilumae, Jeroo-Shei, Edwin, even Hale. They were Stormcloaks back then, but that adventure led Arillious to the revelation that not all of the people fighting on the other side, for a different cause, are bad. However, it seems they've changed their opinions, because they now seem to want to fight against the Stormcloaks now, and Arillious has no problem with that.

"Peleus? Is that you? Haha, by the gods it is! I knew you had survived Solitude soldier! I'm certainly glad to see you here, you're just the right man for this job. You made Tullius very proud you know, and I'm glad to have you by my side."

"Fasendil, it's been so long... it's very nice to see you again, and thank you for the kind words... I am still dwelling from that day, the day of the siege... I think I may be the only survivor."

Then another man, Hadvar was his name. A soldier of the Legion Arillious had not met before, began introducing himself.

It's nice to meet you Arillious." Hadvar said. "My name's Hadvar. I wasn't at Solitude, I've been here in Whiterun for most of the war, conducting gurella raids against the Stormcloaks after they took the hold. Obviously I survived the fall and Simus showed me mercy. Probably because I helped Alice get out of Helgen when...it fell."

"Well met, Hadvar. I would have thought I've met just about ever legion soldier here, but it's apparent that isn't the case. If you've spent a good duration in your time around Whiterun hold that's probably the reason. I've generally been working around the West/North-western region of Skyrim, fulfilling orders from Tullius directly from Solitude as well as completing contracts for the Blades..." Hadvar seemed very nice, his eyes were friendly and generally seemed like a good guy, Arillious continued to stare in his eyes when he spoke, as he did with anybody, out of politeness. "I heard of Helgen, terrible business... somebody was clearly on Ulfric's side that day, as it could have all been over if it wasn't for that major interruption."

Not long after, Simus began to address him, although very briefly.

"Good to see you on your feet Ari. Hadvar's a good soldier. He'll be handeling recruitment today while Fasendil here makes sure everything goes smoothy, as well as help Vignar with the hold's defenses. Excuse me for a moment."

Arillious didn't get a chance to respond, but it didn't matter to him. It was obvious Simus had a lot on himself, seeing as though he secretly formed a rebellion in the heart of a now Legion-free Skyrim. He was certain that many people who were not soldiers would be asking a lot of questions, requesting a lot of exceptions, expecting a lot of benefits and rewards, all that. He was just glad that he was here, and because of this, he would make sure that he was somebody Simus did not need to worry about. If this were to be run in a military fashion, than Arillious would have no problem. He'll keep to himself and simply follow orders so that Simus has more time to worry about the people who aren't used to the lifestyle of a soldier. He'll be the model if he needs to be, or simply a back-bone in case Simus gets overwhelmed, which might be unlikely... but you never know what drama might arise. Then again, Arillious doesn't do too well with drama, no... he's almost always the one that escalates it to a point it simply didn't have to go to.

"I think I'll just observe and listen." he thought to himself, with a small smile, a direct result to his previous thought, which wreaked in irony. He was enjoying his downtime and keeping to his thoughts.

Just then, a voice echoed the room.

"Hello boys."

Arillious' ears perched up to the voice, almost like a dog. It a very familiar voice. Very very familiar. He noticed the soldiers sitting across from him were looking at the origin of the voice, with a bit of a sparkle in their eyes. Staying seated, he slowly turned his head a bit, and more and more people got into view, most all of them were staring in the same direction, some had some obvious expressions of surprise.

His body eventually had to begin to turn, and he was eventually staring in the same direction most everyone else was, and low and behold, there was Alice. She wasn't in her usual garb, no. She was in a bright white dress, Arillious' eyes grew a little wider, and his usual pursed lips had a small smile. It was apparent she knew that she looked good, and everyone else seems to agree, based on their looks. He noticed one person, this younger, white-haired fellow, it was apparent he was enjoying it, and it kind of annoyed him.

His eyes turned into slits, giving off the impression he was annoyed, and he gave him a kind of "What do you think you're doing" kind of face. The problem was he wasn't even looking at him, and for once Arillious thought, it would be nice not to start anything...

So instead, he looked away, back at Alice, and went back to his other intrigued face, and just watched to see what might happen next. As much as he felt a need to go up to her, he was also curious, and for that he remained in his chair, turned.

(OOC: Kind of sloppy, but it'll have to do until possible re-edits... since this is the new RAE, are the relationships from the previous ones nullified - should Arillious and Hale still kind of hate eachother?)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Good morning Zander. I slept very well thank you." Alice said, guessing that the blind mer had no way to see how stunning she looked but not minding a bit. The entire room was focused on her and Vivi and she loved it. Alice liked attention, whether that be an asset or a flaw came from how she used that trait. Sometimes she upstaged people because of it and sometimes she got too dramatic for no reason but she was also a voice of reason. Her endearing personality and infectious energy had quelled more than one angry mob and moved dispirited soldiers to action more than once.

She was laughing inside at seeing Soldin's face. He was absolutely in awe of her and she could have him wrapped around her finger if she wanted to. She was never tall or busty but she had a big cuteness factor going for her as far as attracting men went, and her normal clothes amplified that. Today, she was downright elegant, a look she pulled off quite well thanks to years of practicing good manners and accumulating nice clothes. Back home in the Imperial City, all girls were required to take a semester of finishing school to learn how to be ladies. Simus saw it as overly-feminine bullplops and Alice's mother saw it as largely a waste of time, but Alice sincerely enjoyed it. Cilla hadn't had hers before the Thalmor attacked so she had never had such an experience.

"Now then... When does training start my good Sir?" Dabiene asked after helping Soldin turn his brain back on.

"After breakfast, which should be in a few minutes." Simus said. Chuckling at Soldin's very male and very normal response to Alice's stunning outfit he walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. "Cat got your tongue pup? It's okay to look you know. Just ask her before you touch."

Looking around, Marek looked positively tortured to be in a room with two ladies. He probably saw their dress up as a waste of time, and in strict millitary matters it was, but Simus didn't mind. His little faerie was absolutely beautiful, looking as if her mother had come down from Aetherius to dress Alice for her wedding day. Vivianne was clearly a woman of high society and she knew her way around fine clothing and cosmetics. Simus would have to remember that the next time he attended one of Jarl Elisef's parties. They were always as lavish and fancy as any Thalmor party and attracted a lot of the same people. Ulfric of course always attended. He had relocated Skyrim's adminstration to Windhelm and he still held court there but Elisef had complete control of Solitude, and Castle Dour now served as a hub for all Stormcloak operations. Ulfric had control of the Castle and would rule from it during a time of war.

Aethalia and Shadari were also in the room, along with Barnan. They were all looking eager to start. Arillious was in conversation with the Legion officers when he noticed Alice. She noticed him too and her and felt a hot rush of panic, dread and a little guilt. She hadn't really expected to see him again after their falling out in Ivarstead and she was hoping to just avoid him. Now that was impossible and she resolved to face him. Even though it scared her more than a dragon to do so. Simus noticed this and gave Dabiene a "we should supervise this in case there's drama" look. She was level-headed and a wiser than her years would suggest. Plus, she was good at being a "mediating mama" as far as her being there for Alice last night and her handling of Soldin. Simus mouthed the words his look suggested just as Alice got Arillious' attention.

"Hi Ari." She said quietly but clearly, looking him in the eyes.

Cilla and Mila had gotten up a full hour before anyone else and had quietly been led by Carlotta out of the Hall of the Dead to the Bannared Mare where the troops' breakfast awaited. They now navigated their way back down the winding, dim corridors with heavy pots of food. Cilla had a basket of apples, Mila was handling a basket of biscutes, Carlotta had a large pot of sausage gravy and Friga Shatter-Axe, captain of Whterun's guards and Simus' second in command from their days in The Reach had two large pots stacked upon each other. One of bacon and one of eggs. Her squadmates, Stefan, Erik, Elsie and Ralof (yes, Ralof from Helgen at the beginning of the game.) had stacks of plates, silverware, napkins, beer and orange juice. As the crowd reached the enterance to the burial chamber they saw a familliar ranger knocking at the door.
    "Hale?" Carlotta asked. "Hale Loneshadow? Is that you?"
    "Hale's here!?" Cilla sqeaked from behind her heavy basket. Looking up, she saw him along with Mila.
    "Hale!" They shouted together. Carlotta and Mila had gotten to know Hale through his business and his friendship with the Psyrakons. Cilla was rescued from vampires by a group of adventurers which included Hale, Simus, Alice and Arilllious and she thought Hale was the most handsome male specimen in all Tamriel. Both girls ran up to Hale and starting talking over each other with questions for the ranger when Carlotta had to quiet them down so they could get inside. Pulling out a large brass key, she unlocked the doors and let everyone in.
    "Good morning everybody!" She called. "Breakfast is served if you're at all hungry!"
    Friga and her men entered and then she saw Arillious.
    "Well if it isn't little Arillious! Still a proud survivor in a war torn land! I should have known you'd find your way here battle brother! I trust my men didn't give you any trouble at the gates?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts