• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    That damned mercenary was standing behind her. The assassin didn't like it when anyone stood behind her, ally or not. As much as she tried not to, her ears and tail showed, her annoyance. One ear flicking backwards, and the tip of her tail twitching from side to side. Doing her best to ignore him for the moment, she took in who else was in the room. Two(three, if she counted the merc.) Nords, a dark elf, two Imperials, a Breton woman and man, and a pair of Altmer. That seemed to be everyone, although, according to the general, more were coming.

The Thalmor robed elf, and the general and his daughter seemed to know each other. 'Well that's interesting' she thought, but didn't dwell on it. The general, Simus, she thought his name was, didn't seem to like the elf very much, and commented on someone not yet having driven a stake through his heart. 'So, a vampire and a Thalmor.That makes sense.' She didn't have anything against the Thalmor, but she was worried about the vampire aspect of things. She certainly hoped he wasn't hungry, because while Shadari was confident she could kill most of the people in the room, vampires were damn near impossible to put down for good.

The other elf, one wearing a knee length leather coat, and an impressive pair of ebony swords had the same complexion. 'Oh, that's just perfect. I'm stuck in a tomb with not one, but two vampires, and a mercenary who seems to be as thick as a brick wall' the situation wasn't looking good, and people were already tense. She had a feeling that if weapons came out, they wouldn't be sheathed until most, if not all of the people in the room were dead. But, if her contact was right, this was the fastest way to get to Blackstone. That was the end goal, and not much else mattered...to her at least.

A commotion near the doors drew her attention, and she noticed an older Khajiit, Ri'Saad, she thought his name was, walking towards her, a small,although noticeable bulge in his pants. "Well, greetings to you my fine lady." He said rather suavely. "You are a refreshing change of scenery from dust and draugr, a change Khajiit welcomes. This one is Ri'saad, owner and operator of all the caravans in Skyrim. Should you ever need anything at all, material or...otherwise, this one will provide. There are many dark places in these crypts for instance. Places where two Khajiit may...shall we say...get acquainted."

Shadari quickly weighed the benefits. So far, they outweighed the cons. She was no expert, but Khajiit traders made more than a little bit of gold. Especially in Skyrim, where since they'd arrived during the war, no bans had been placed on what they sold. If she was going to kill Blackstone, she'd need all the resources she could get. He was a little older, but that wasn't really a deterrent. Well, it was, but Shadari had done much worse things in order to even get to Skyrim. No reason to stop now.Finally, he wasn't bad looking, and he was a Khajiit...and it'd been a while.

Before she could offer a response, the older, Breton woman spoke up. "As much as I find this very entertaining, I doubt the young lass would find a dashing young Khajiit such as yourself satisfactory. As I recall the merchants saying one time... Oh what was it... Complaining about the lack of items in the package? Hm?" Shadari shot a none to friendly glance the womans' way. Sure, the assassin was young, but it was hardly her first time, and she didn't need someone making decisions for her. 'Add another benefit. Spiting old women' turning on her full charm, she smiled back at the Khajiit. "I'll be meeting with you later" she said, her meaning rather clear, as she trailed a single finger from his shoulder to his waistline. "For now, we should probably hear what they have to say"

Aethalia

Aliah took in the situation, her eyes flicking from one person to the next, taking their measure. The standing Nord man, some sort of mercenary who was examining both her and the male vampire with something cold in his eyes.Clearly, he wasn't a friend to vampires nor Thalmor, and warranted watching. The blind Dunmer in the corner didn't seem too thrilled to be there either, although how he managed to navigate the winding passages of the crypt was beyond her.

Their hosts, the general and a young woman that was most likely his daughter, seemed to have a history with the Thalmor vampire that seemed to be known as Salthar. He seemed to have gained the contempt of the general, and a sort of wary warmth from the woman.'Interesting' she thought, examining the man from behind, wondering if he was the source of the dark rumors that had villagers in the un walled towns shutting and bolting their doors well before darkness.

'An useful ally, or dangerous enemy' she mused, moving her gaze to the Khajiit woman at the table. She was clearly wary, although not afraid to assert her independence as she showed when she spoke to the Khajiit trader. Aliah didn't exactly approve of the womans' response, but she wasn't about to comment on her choices. The others a Nord woman, a Breton ranger, and two werewolves, were scattered throughout the room, all of them looking eager for the meeting to actually start.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Ri'saad purred with pleasure as the lovely female Khajiit traced a line with her finger from his shoulder to his waistline. He and Kayla had something of a relationship but it was nothing official. She wouldn't mind if he took this young one for a test ride. At least, he hoped not.

"Then let us get down to business." He said to Shadari. "I look forward to what comes afterwards."

He ignored the Breton woman's cutting remark. He had done business with her before but could not remember her name. It did not matter, she was clearly jelous of his coming conquest.

"Of course madam." He said to her. "You would have no experience with the business I seek to conduct, I wager. Perhaps less that the general's lovely daughter, yes? Perhaps this one could sell you some...helpful items to ease your urges."

Alice was irked by this, but Simus put a hand on her shoulder, beseeching her to keep calm. Ri'saad was simply being Ri'saad. There was no insult intended. Not to Alice at least.

"I think that's everyone madame Breton." Simus said in response to her question. He raised his voice so all in the crowded room could hear him. "If everyone's ready, I think we..."

His train of thought was broken by noise from the other side of the door.

"...then I say you both are cowards!"
    "Cowards? How dare you call me that brother?! I defended this city from the Stormcloaks while you hid away! Even in a land under Ulfric's heel, I still wear my imperial armor with pride!"
    "You're a fool Idolaf! You've been arrested twice! How long before Ulfric himself comes down on you? On all of us? This isn't the way to resist him!"
    "What do you know about resisting Jon? I can't believe father still lets you live here! You haven't lifted a finger to help your family fight these rebels!"
    "You put your petty fighting before the end of the world! The World-Eater! Your hatred blinds you brother!"
    "That's enough! Both of you! You two are brothers and you will support each other! If we can show the Empire that Skyrim is still loyal to it, we may be re-admitted. We need help to do that, and your squabbling like children isn't getting us anywhere! I'm no happier about this arrangement than you are, but it's the best chance we've got! Now stow it!"
    "Yes father."
    "Yes father."

Jon, Idolaf and Olfrid Battle-Born entered the room, leaving the doors open and pushing their way past the merchants. Hulda looked suprised to see him here.

"Olfrid? Are you..."

"Yes yes, we're here for Vignar's...pardon me "Jarl Vignar's" little meeting. Now get out of our way so we can get this over with."

The three Battle-Borns walked down the steps leading from the doorway and into the center of the chamber to where everyone was gathered at the feast table.

"A rebellion against Ulfric has been called, and Clan Battle-Born has answered! I'm suprised to see you Grey-Manes here. What's the matter? Ulfric's agenda is no longer convenient for you?"

Vignar became angry at this, but Simus gave him a look to sit down. He stood up with Alice and they both walked to greet Olfred and his kin. Alice was happy to see Jon as he was the only one in that family besides Alhild that had any sense of how stupid their feud with the Grey-Manes was. Idolaf and Olfrid, not so much. They didn't have a high opinion of her or her father, or the rest of their family by association. Alice didn't mind that so much, but her little sister Cilla was friends with Idolaf's boy Lars and it made things hard for them.

"The presence of Clan Battle-Born is always welcome. Thank you for coming." Simus said with a handshake and an Imperial's smile to the head of the family. They knew thery weren't invited for obvious reasons so Simus didn't bother mentioning it.

"Did your father invite them?" Vignar whispered to Alice.

"No." She whispered back. "We decided not to, since you and your family are here. I guess they found out and crashed the party."

Idolaf noticed a tall red-haired Nord woman standing beside the door and recognized her immedately as Vivian Rikke, a cousin of the late Legate Rikke. He decided to be cautious because it had been many years since he had seen her but he was sure it was her.

"Excuse me, aren't you Vivian Rikke? Cousin of the honorablly slain Legate Rikke? If so then well met friend. I'm not suprised at all to see you here. Watch out for Simus though. He's a traitor to his own people and can't be trusted."

Simus saw the woman was clearly uncomfortable and wanted to get out of this conversation. He knew who she really was and knew she was using some sort of cover identity for her own safety. Now Bafoon Battle-Born was about to blow it. Simus would not let this happen. As for his insulting comment, Simus let it go. Idolaf was partially correct and Simus had been called worse.

"I think you have her confused with someone else Idolaf." He called out. "Why don't you and your father take a seat and we'll begin?"

"Don't you dare order me around Simus!" Idolaf exclaimed. "You may be an Imperial by birth but you and your whore of a daughter threw your lot in with Ulfric like those Grey-Manes. This whole situation is YOUR fault! How dare you even speak to my father and I, true citizens of the Empire, as if we were equals?!"
    Alice stepped forward and joined her father's side. No one insulted his honor or loyalty and no one called her a whore.

"If you two are 'true citizens' of the Empire, then there really is no hope for Tamriel." She said, staring daggers into both Battle-Borns. She shot Jon a sympathetic look and was happy he was staying out of this. "You both sold your honor and ancient traditions, not to mention an entire clan you loved as your own, for imperial septims. As far as I'm concerned the only whores here are you.

"Big words for such a little girl." Olfrid said. "You bratty little upstart, you and your father are not only traitors to your own people but their blood is on your hands. Tell me, how does it feel to wake up every day knowing that you can never go home? That the Empire that raised you and cared for you will never accept you again and you've got to keep the company of lawless beasts and half-wits? Even if you could, it wouldn't matter. You don't have a home anymore. The Thalmor took care of that didn't they?"

This cut Alice deeply. Her worst fears and doubts were laced in this cruel man's words and she was powerless to stop him. Simus had the same fears and was shocked that Olfrid would stoop so low.

"Not so fiesty now are you? You, your father, your brother and your little sister all deserve to die, just like your bitch of a mother."

Tears started to roll down Alice's face. The mention of her mother broke her. Simus was at a loss for words and a long moment of silence passed.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    "Excuse me, aren't you Vivian Rikke? Cousin of the honorablly slain Legate Rikke? If so then well met friend. I'm not suprised at all to see you here. Watch out for Simus though. He's a traitor to his own people and can't be trusted."

Vivi was almost startled to even be spoken to, least of all recognized. She looked at the man, noting that he was familiar as well. She sneered, about to respond when the General interjected for her.

"I think you have her confused with someone else Idolaf." He called out. "Why don't you and your father take a seat and we'll begin?"

She watched as tempers began to flare and one by one, those who knew each other lashed with their tongues. She watched as the young girl, who'd respectably stood up for herself, was beaten with words of past pain. Vivi knew what it was like to have someone use your pain against you, but Vivi was more apt to lash back than break down.

"I believe you've said quite enough," she cut in. "I think that regardless of how you feel about her, speaking to any woman like that makes me more eager to draw my blade than shake your hand. My name is indeed Vivienne, but Rikke is not my family name. You'd do well to hold your tongue in a room full of potential allies lest you make them enemies."

Vivi resigned herself back to the wall, motioning back to the general. She was done with the pettiness and the arguing already, but something told her she wouldn't be stopping it. Maybe subduing it for a time, but no one seemed to hold animosity over her words. Vivi was well trained when it came to diplomacy and clarity in speech, and that left little room for anyone to hold contempt against her. She could still feel the tension however, and looked around the room to gauge the reactions of the others. She had a feeling the meeting may not go as planned.

Zander Feredon

The Sightless Seer.
    "Big words for such a little girl." Olfrid said. "You bratty little upstart, you and your father are not only traitors to your own people but their blood is on your hands. Tell me, how does it feel to wake up every day knowing that you can never go home? That the Empire that raised you and cared for you will never accept you again and you've got to keep the company of lawless beasts and half-wits? Even if you could, it wouldn't matter. You don't have a home anymore. The Thalmor took care of that didn't they?"

"Not so fiesty now are you? You, your father, your brother and your little sister all deserve to die, just like your bitch of a mother."

Zander was shocked that someone would be so cold. Standing he walked over to the little one called alice and wrapped his arm around her. ''Pay no heed to the ignorance of others child.'' He said.

''For if ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power then they may be happy, yet weak.''
    He looked toward the group of Battle-Born ,sightless eyes boring holes directly through them.
    ''Hold your tongue, lest you force me to remove it.'' He said.

''I suggest we look past these petty differences and get on to the matters at hand, if you truly think so lowly of these people then leave. No one is forcing you to be here.'' As he spoke, a light blue mist escaped his mouth, just like in the tunnels before. As they found there way into the ears of the Battle-Born clansmen, he hoped the situation would be resolved. He stood, one arm till around Alice, and waited to see how they would proceed.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Marek grimaced and pushed himself off the wall as tempers flared around the table. The Battle-Born clan were apparently an unwelcome addition to the rooms populace and it was painfully obvious why. Almost as soon as they entered they began spouting nonsense about the Psyrakons and Grey-Manes. One of them, Idolaf, also singled out the red head who had just walked in, claiming that she was one Vivian Rikke. With a pang, Marek remembered why she seemed familiar.

There was a standing bounty of ten thousand septims on anyone who had been related to the late General Tulius or Legate Rikke. Not that he planned on collecting it but he still recalled seeing the posters on his last visit to Solitude. He listened with some interest as she and the General both denied Idolafs claim. If she wanted to remain anonymous he didn't begrudge her for it. There had been times when he'd found himself in the same position as she was at the moment so he couldn't exactly pass judgement. He also figured that if she knew that he was a bounty hunter then she would probably try to stick a knife in his back at the soonest opportunity, so he decided it was in his best interest to keep his profession to himself.

Looking back over at the Battle-Borns, Marek found that they had also succeeded in causing a scene concerning the young girl named Alice. Several of the others had already attempted to placate them but to no avail. Olfrid and Idolaf were far to thick headed and stubborn to see reason through words. The blind elf had immediately rushed to the aid of the girl and was in the midst of threatening the pair of men as Marek finally became fed up with the situation. Sighing, he began to move towards the two. He was in no mood to listen to their petty insults and if they persisted he would not hesitate to remove them from the room. As he walked, he noticed a blue mist emanating from the Dunmer standing with the girl.

''I suggest we look past these petty differences and get on to the matters at hand, if you truly think so lowly of these people then leave. No one is forcing you to be here.'' The elf said as he put his arm around the now crying Alice.

Magic... but what kind? he thought with a frown, ah, illusion. Good try but they're probably too pig headed for it to have much of an effect anyway. He noticed that as the mist reached the Battle-Borns, their eyes glazed over a bit and they became somewhat quieter than before.

Idolaf had his back to him when he walked up behind the younger man and placed a large, gloved hand forcefully on his shoulder, "Boy, you and your father may not wish to listen to Psyrakon over there," He turned the Idolaf around and pinned him against the wall with one hand as he spoke and stared icily at Olfrid, "However, his levels of tolerance are far beyond my own. So for your own benifit, be silent and sit down or leave, else you force my hand..." Almost immediately, Idolaf placed his own hand on Mareks gauntleted forearm and attempted to shove him away, however Mareks arm was planted firmly on the mans chest and he was also quite a bit larger than the Battle-Born. Needless to say, he didn't budge.

Again turning to stare at Olfrid, Marek pulled his longsword from its sheath with a steely rasp and pointed the tip at the old mans chest one handed. "Your call Battle-Born."

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    The two werewolves listened to the event that unfolded. Dabiene didn't think much of both rival clans. She thought their fued was stupid, pointless. But with insults being thrown left and right...

After Idolf lashed out at the poor girl with what clearly was a huge breaker, huge pain flashing in her eyes... She couldn't take it. Next to her Soldin's fists were clenching and unclenching. Behind his pale thin lips his teeth were gnashing and his jaw was clenched tight. There was a storm brewing in both of their eyes.

Luckly there were others who though enough was enough as well.

"I believe you've said quite enough," she cut in. "I think that regardless of how you feel about her, speaking to any woman like that makes me more eager to draw my blade than shake your hand. My name is indeed Vivienne, but Rikke is not my family name. You'd do well to hold your tongue in a room full of potential allies lest you make them enemies." The red haired Nordic woman had fury in her eyes. However Dabiene stood up gracefully as Idolf was going to round up upon her. But before the woman could make a single cutting remark the blind one cut in. Standing he walked over to the girll and wrapped his arm around her. ''Pay no heed to the ignorance of others child.'' He said. ''For if ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power then they may be happy, yet weak.''
    Even blind the man could still make a deep glare at the fools. After a moment he spoke with a growl in his undertone.
    ''Hold your tongue, lest you force me to remove it.'' He paused then continued to the rest.

''I suggest we look past these petty differences and get on to the matters at hand, if you truly think so lowly of these people then leave. No one is forcing you to be here."

The mercenary also said something on the same lines. Everyone was against him it seemed. Well, except the vampires and Khajiit.

Soldin also stood with his fists clenched to his sides. Dabiene placed a hand upon the tall man's shoulder to try and calm him down, but it was no use. It was one thing to tick off a werewolf. It was another thing to piss one off with one who has a sense of honor and has a direct need to uphold it. Especially with women.

"I agree." Soldin's voice rang out. It echoed slightly and it was deeper. More menacing. His deep ocean blue eyes were turning into a sea that was raging in a storm. Dabienes eyes were similar except they were completely grey. Steely gray. Wolf eyes. "If all you think you can accomplish is to taunt and bash at these two noble people then you can leave." When no answer came his arm flashed and with it the arm stopped and pointed to the door. "WELL? There is the door! Make sure it doesn't hit your nads or your arses on the way out." Turning he stepped beside Alice then turned around toward the idiots. "Then again, yea. Let it hit ya." He growled deeply showing his canines. At that moment he didn't care he was a werewolf. All he cared about was punching the guy.

Silence rang out in the chamber. Dabiene stepped forward, her eyes glued to Idolf, her hands tucked firmly in front of her clasped together. She walked fluently toward the man.

As she stopped right in front of him she had to tilt her head to look up at him. But she looked no less menacing. "You know... Olfrid. When I was young I thought it was customary to treat a lady with respect. Not to be a hypocrite and trash a family name."

"Hypocrite? What are you going on about woman?? Are you actually backing these slobs? All they have done--"

"Perhaps," She began to walk around the area while making gestures with her hands, "if one were to consider ones house shall we say... 'Noble' then shall we redefine what is noble? Is ripping off a scab noble? Is stabbing an old wound considered noble?" She stopped and looked at Olfrid, "Or perhaps... Is letting your children perish under scrutiny and politics... Noble?" She smirked as she saw Jon squirm. No one had known of his affair with one of the Grey-manes.

"Would you per chance have any knowledge about what fair is? About what honor and life is?" Olfrid paused, flabbergasted about how a Breton on Nord lands was talking to him about HONOR of all things. "Now you listen here woman!"

"I SERVED BOY. I watched as men around me were slaughtered. I watched as every man woman and child of both sides were cut down like dead trees!" She briskly walked up to Idolf. "AND WHERE WERE YOU BOY? Spouting nonsense about cowardace and family honor when you sit on your pitiful family room throne munching on a moldy sweetroll!" Idolf's eyes were wide in shock. "And you!" She rounded upon Olfrid yet again, "You should listen to your son Jon. At least he knows how to treat women with decency instead of talking to every woman underneith him or not like a common cattle or whore!" The two stared each other off before Olfrid made a big mistake.

Soldin was furious as the spat went on. But when he heard one little comment... One little offhand remark about the Bretons ancestry...

"At least my ancestors didn't whore themselves to the elves, wench." In a flash that was quick even for a blunky nord he grasped the man's shoulders and need him in the gut followed by dropping his elbow right between the shoulder blades. He unleashed all of his pent up agression including werewolf strength. Idolf round up on him, through a right hook. The white haired Nord skillfully grabbed the arm with ease and flipped him hard to the cold stone floor. Glancing at Olfrid he bared his teeth as he knelt next to him. "Get. Ouuut...."

The two scrambled to get up, knowing they were beaten, by filthy wolves no less. With one final hit Dabiene raised both hands and unleashed her magic.

Flames in her left, shocking electricity in her right, she unleashed her pent up frustration with the fools and promptly hit them on their behinds right as the door closed. Screams and yelps could be heard and the woman grinned maliciously.

Sighing, Jon accepted his fate. "I don't suppose I'll ever hear the end of this."

Smirking Soldin joked, "Just don't let them get to ya. If they do, I"m sure Dabiene will help out." The Nord winked and Jon smiled sadly while shaking his head. Looking at Simus and Alice he sighed again, "I'm sorry. Didn't mean to have it go this far." And with that he walked out following his kin.

Dabiene turned and walked over to Alice giving a friendly smile with a pat on the shoulder then sat down in her chair again with Soldin in tow.

"Now, shall we get on with the plans now that the two town idiots have left?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar watched the exchange of rather harsh words between the two clans, and then between the Psyrakons and Battle Borns with more than a little amusement. The vampire could have sprung up to defend Alice, like the other fools around the table, who were desperately trying to curry favour with the general by berating the Imperial clan. However, he saw no need to do so, and simply sat back to watch the show, a small smile on his lips.

Predictably, it was the male werewolf that lost his temper first at a remark from Olfrid. Before the rest of the Battle-Born clan could turn the room into a battlefield, the female Breton stepped up, flames flickering in her left hand, lightning in her right, she unleashed them upon the retreating clan. 'A dog learned in the higher arts...how amusing' the vampire lord thought to himself, as the woman turned back to Simus and comment on getting back to the plans now that the 'two idiots had left'.

Finally, Salthar spoke up, his voice edged with both humour and a little irritation. "Yes, as amusing as this farce has been, the night wears on, and I am getting rather...thirsty" the vampire commented, glancing at the Khajiit woman. She hadn't leapt up and started hurling threats around either, nor had the female vampire, as far as he could tell. 'So either they're both very careful, or they simply don't care' he mused, drumming the fingers of his right hand on the table. He wondered if he'd made any more enemies by not sticking up for the girl. He knew that the blind Dunmer and the Nord had automatically tagged him as enemies, and Simus was certainly no friend.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    When the blind dunmer put her arm around Alice, she returned it, wrapping her right around his waist and putting her left hand up to his strong chest. She enjoyed the displays of loyalty by the elf and the red haired Nord woman name Vivianne, but the Nord mercenary and werewolves' arse kicking of Olfrid and Idolf were the real keepers. They were quite literally chased out of the room with their arses on fire and that put a smile on her face.

"Thank you." She said quietly to the dunmer just before the kind and firy Breton woman gave her a kind pat on the shoulder. Despite her face being soaked with tears, Alice hugged the Breton tightly in gratitude.

"Thank you for making my day madame Breton." She said, smiling while tears still ran down her face. "Those are the two most thick headed Nords I've ever met and that kick in the pants has been a long time coming. I just don't understand how people can be so cruel."

"Not everyone has your kind heart honey." Simus said, patting her head while she hugged the Breton woman. "They're not inherently bad men, they're just prideful and arrogant. They're insecure too. They feel like they have to walk all around Whiterun like preening roosters and tell everyone how special they are because deep down they're afraid of letting their family's legacy fail."

"Yeah, that makes sense." She said, realizing she was clinging to the Breton woman and emberrassed for it. Protocol demanded she let go but the woman wasn't fighting her and she wanted comfort so she didn't. "I'm sorry for using you like a stuffed animal madame Breton. I just...I'm sorry. My name's Alice by the way. Alice Psyrakon."

"Guards!" Simus yelled. "Bar the doors. Everyone who needs to be here is accounted for...wait a minute. JON!"

Jon came back running in the room in response to Simus' call. "What is it Simus? I'm sorry about Alice. I had known my father and brother would react so badly..."

"It's alright son." Simus said. "I was just going to say you don't have to leave. Your father and brother were dunderheads but you yourself did nothing wrong. You can stay and listen if you like. That's why you came in the first place, yes?"

"Oh well...thank you Simus!" Jon said, suprised and relieved at the general's leniancy. "Yes. I would like to stay and help if I can. I want to serve this rebellion, with or without my father's blessing."

He quietly took a seat and waited for the meeting to start. The guards bared the doors behind him. Simus then waited patiently for Alice and the Breton woman to finish up.

Dabiene Caristiana

After Dabiene sat down she heard the Altmer vampire say something in agreement to her own words. Chuckling at the vampire's comment she made a mentle note to always listen to both the Altmer vampires. For one; they had life experience and two; Altmers, dispite the global hatred they insued upon themselves were actually well cultured. And as such that was the only reason Dabiene respected them. That and their class. She looked up at the girl now addressing her. "Thank you for making my day madame Breton." She said, smiling while tears still ran down her face. "Those are the two most thick headed Nords I've ever met and that kick in the pants has been a long time coming. I just don't understand how people can be so cruel." Dabiene slowly stood up as the girl walked toward her then gave her a bone crushing hug. Soldin just sat back with a playful grin on his face. Dabiene softly returned the hug in an awkward way with an elegant brow raise.

"Not everyone has your kind heart honey." The General said. The man patted his daughter on the head while the young Imperial still hugged Dabiene. "They're not inherently bad men, they're just prideful and arrogant. They're insecure too. They feel like they have to walk all around Whiterun like preening roosters and tell everyone how special they are because deep down they're afraid of letting their family's legacy fail." Indeed. Dabiene thought with distain at the two men. She and them were going to have words later. Although her family name didn't have the same weight of power in Skyrim and that she didn't like flaunting it around like her parents did, it did help to have such power. That is, if the idiots knew who she was. She wondered now on how the two's back ends were doing. Next time she encountered them it would be a lot worse for them. Oh yes, she heard of rumours of them bullying the 'lessers'. She growled low at the thought, so low though that Alice probably didn't hear.

"Yeah, that makes sense." She said, realizing she was clinging to the Breton woman and emberrassed for it. Protocol demanded she let go but the woman wasn't fighting her and she wanted comfort so she didn't. "I'm sorry for using you like a stuffed animal madame Breton. I just...I'm sorry. My name's Alice by the way. Alice Psyrakon."

Soldin was going to introduce himself while Dabiene correcting her on her title when the girls father bellowed out, "Guards! Bar the doors. Everyone who needs to be here is accounted for...wait a minute. JON!"

Jon came back running in the room in response to Simus' call. "What is it Simus? I'm sorry about Alice. I had known my father and brother would react so badly..." Soldin smirked. Badly was an understatement. Just like Dabiene he was going to have words with the father-son bashing duo.

"It's alright son." Simus said. "I was just going to say you don't have to leave. Your father and brother were dunderheads but you yourself did nothing wrong. You can stay and listen if you like. That's why you came in the first place, yes?"

"Oh well...thank you Simus!" Jon said, suprised and relieved at the general's leniancy. "Yes. I would like to stay and help if I can. I want to serve this rebellion, with or without my father's blessing."

"Couldn't have said it better myself. Nothing wrong with following your beliefs and duties." Soldin lightly commented.

"Quite." Dabiene tilted her head down in acknowledgement. Turning to Alice she introduced herself without trying to sound haughty, a trait she unfortunately inhearted from her parents. "Well, I see we should get started." She still was holding the girl awkwardly but didn't push the young woman away. She knew what it felt like to be insulted and have bad memories brought up. Although without a crowd she would be working with for the next few weeks or months. "Although, Alice, even though 'madame Breton' seems appropriate...."

"Given your history.." Soldin muttered low and Dabiene shot a well placed glare at him. He made a goofy grin on his face and shrugged. Someimes he didn't know when to keep his trap shut.

Dabiene continued. "My name is Dabiene Caristiana. As for your name... Psyrakon... I know that name well--Along with all of Skyrim and mostly Cyrodiil." She muttered the last part. She also doubted the family knew of her family. Even though it was quite known and wealthy. But she figured that a good thing. She came to Skyrim start a new life, not to spread her family name. "As for the situation... Think nothing of it." She waved her hand in dismissal, "It isn't weak to need comfort. As for the two imbeciles... As the dunmer has said," She glanced over at him knowing though that he as blind she had his attention, "He's right. They aren't worth your time. Humans are cruel, inconsiderate. But so can other races..." She glanced at the Altmer for any signs of 'disagreement'. Dispite what they were thinking though she pressed on, "So think nothing of it. They assume the incorrect facts and care little for politeness. Hence, they are the worthy equivalent to roaches. Pay no heed to them."

"That's the understatement of the century. I know fellow friends who wouldn't touch people like that with a 39 foot pole!" Soldin joked. "Am I right Mers?" He looked at the elves with a friendly grin. He didn't care if they were elves, magic users or vampires. They were one in the same. To some, criminals. To others, outcasts. It made no difference.

The young man continued to chuckle but seeing the room and hearing dead silence he glanced at Dabiene and she gave him the "do you have to embarrass me and yourself? Honestly?" look with her famous critical eyebrow raise. His laughter died down and he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. "Sorry" he coughed, "Just uh... Trying to lighten the mood..." He muttered the last part then and moved to a dark corner and sat down on a stone curb. "Um, as for those idiots, Alice, think nothing of it. If they can't respect any lady to the upmost extent they aren't gentlemen. They're scum. Even I know that." He looked away from her face and let his eyes wander around the room.

Sighing Dabiene let her voice rang out in the room, still carrying some authority that she didn't have nor want. She mentally cursed herself at this. "Well, I believe introductions can continue later. I believe you rightfully have the floor again, good Sir." Flinching at the ound of her voice she bowed a little at the General as she stood back then sat down at the chair she previously sat in. She gave Soldin a look and he knew what that ment. "We talk later, pup." her eyes said. And he nodded.

Unbeknowest to anyone, Dabiene agreed to help Soldin learn his knew wolven powers. Even though she was cursed and he didn't know it. Not the details anyway. He nodded slightly to her, wondering what talk she was going to have with him once the meeting was over.

(OOC: There you go! I put some Soldin sillyness in there for you :3 With a little Dabiene snobby unintentional aristocrat-ness in there too. Hope you love! :) )

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Now that the village idiots had left, Simus returned to his place at the head of the table. He and Vignar scanned the room, taking in all of the faces, old and new. This was less than they really needed but more than they expected. However, as Alice said, it was a start. Simus smiled at the kindness Dabiene had shown to his Alice. It reminded him of his wife, Alice's mother. Dabiene's friend Soldin reminded him strongly of Arillious.

Just what had happened to that boy? He was one of the scattered Imperial Soldiers that survived the war and he was among the company Simus and Alice traveled with from Ivarstead, the same company Salthar was from. Alice was overjoyed to see her love again but during their time apart they had come to realize their relationship had problems. Alice had come to doubt Arillious' commitment and Arillious seemed to be unable to give Alice all she wanted in a boyfriend. They hadn't parted on good terms and Alice was crushed by what she saw as a breakup. That was months ago and no one had seen hide nor hair of the young Imperial since. Alice was still deeply hurt by it and Simus couldn't bear to see her in such a stupor most days. He prayed for Arillious every night and never blamed him for what happened.

They were both young and inexperienced and had no idea where their lives were going. It was natural for children their age. That's why Simus harbored no hatred for the boy: he was like a son to him and he had brought so much joy into Alice's life despite their rocky last encounter. It broke Simus' heart that he couldn't make his little faerie better just by lifting her over his head like when she was a baby. Alice wasn't so little anymore and her problems had gotten more complicated. Things her dad couldn't fix with with a chocolate chip cookie and a hug.

He then refocused himself. They had business to conduct and Vignar's impatience was mounting. Zander had voiced her concerns, and he was happy to address them.

"Go ahead Vignar." Simus said.

Well it's about damn time." Vignar said, getting up from his chair and clearing his throat loudly. "Everyone settle down! May I have your attention please!?"

The room started to quiet down. Alice sat down next to Dabiene and Soldin, crossing her legs comfortably and lightly shaking her left.

With the room mostly quiet, Vignar had the floor.

"Good evening and welcome to our little resistance meeting! For those of you who are too stupid or too ignorant to know who I am already, I am Jarl Vignar Gray-Mane. You may remember me from my exploites as a member of The Companions or how I booted that milk drinker Balgruuf out of Whiterun with his attendents holding their tails between their legs. Or maybe you just know me because I'm that old skeever that talks too much, doesn't really matter. Anyway, you are all here because you hate Ulfric Stormcloak, our "True High King". Some of you have hated him from the beginnng. Some of you are like me and you saw something in him that didn't really exist and that's why you supported his cause. Or maybe you're like Simus and his beautiful daugher in the front row, who fought and bled for Ulfirc, called him Shield-Brother and then realized his vision of Sovngarde on Nirn was all a lie. My heart goes out to both of you, you've suffered far too much. I don't really care why you're here, only that you're ready to set things right. We've all got our own reasons to be here, but we have a plan to take down Ulfric as one. I'll let Simus here outline our objectives and strategy so yes, I'm finally done talkin'. You can all wake up now, and please help yourselves to some food and drink. Simus?"

"Thank you Jarl Vignar for that inspirational speech." Simus said. "I'm General Simus Psyrakon, and I command all of Ulfric's forces in central Skyrim. This includes Whiterun, so don't worry about us being infiltrated. Between Vignar and I, you are all safe. As Vignar said, this is a resistance movement to stop Ulfric Stormcloak. As of now we are all traitors. If Ulfric finds out what we're doing, we are all dead."

He paused for a second in order to let that sink in.

"Now, the goal for this meeting is not to have us all ride to Windhelm and chop Ulfric's head off. Movements like this take time, secrecy and careful planning. That's much more than can be done in one night. We're all here to plan basic strategy. Our current proposal is this: First off, we build our movement. There are a lot of deposed Jarls in Solitude who would be happy to take down Ulfric. We need to find a way to convince them to help us. If they can get back in power, they can steer the people away from Ulfric. Secondly, help from the Empire. As you may know, tensions between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion have been boiling ever since the Civil War ended. War is inevitable. We need a way to get the Emprie to spare some Legions and the best way to do that is to deliver the body of General Tullius home as a show of good faith. His head is decorating Ulfric's wall, along with Legate Rikke's, while their bodies adorn Solitude's walls. I've already made plans with some friends in Riften to "liberate" those bodies and bring them somewhere safe. All we have to do is pick them up and take them to the Imperial City. That leads to the last and most fun part of our plan: Use our new legions and our new armies to sack Windhelm."

Simus paused for a moment and took a sip of mead.

"That's our basic plan. Vignar here is going to work on the details of training an army in secret across the holds. What I need from you guys is to form a strike force that will follow my orders, execute the first two parts of our plan and cause as much trouble for Ulfric as possible. Questions?"

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    The Ragged Ranger nodded as he heard the start of the meet.

"Go ahead Vignar." Simus said, already seated in his chair.
    Well it's about damn time." Vignar said, getting up from his chair and clearing his throat loudly. "Everyone settle down! May I have your attention please!?"
    The room started to quiet down. Alice sat down next to Dabiene and Soldin, crossing her legs comfortably and lightly shaking her left.
    With the room mostly quiet, Vignar had the floor.
    "Good evening and welcome to our little resistance meeting! For those of you who are too stupid or too ignorant to know who I am already, I am Jarl Vignar Gray-Mane. You may remember me from my exploites as a member of The Companions or how I booted that milk drinker Balgruuf out of Whiterun with his attendents holding their tails between their legs. Or maybe you just know me because I'm that old skeever that talks too much, doesn't really matter. Anyway, you are all here because you hate Ulfric Stormcloak, our "True High King". Some of you have hated him from the beginnng. Some of you are like me and you saw something in him that didn't really exist and that's why you supported his cause. Or maybe you're like Simus and his beautiful daugher in the front row, who fought and bled for Ulfirc, called him Shield-Brother and then realized his vision of Sovngarde on Nirn was all a lie. My heart goes out to both of you, you've suffered far too much. I don't really care why you're here, only that you're ready to set things right. We've all got our own reasons to be here, but we have a plan to take down Ulfric as one. I'll let Simus here outline our objectives and strategy so yes, I'm finally done talkin'. You can all wake up now, and please help yourselves to some food and drink. Simus?"
    "Thank you Jarl Vignar for that inspirational speech." Simus said. "I'm General Simus Psyrakon, and I command all of Ulfric's forces in central Skyrim. This includes Whiterun, so don't worry about us being infiltrated. Between Vignar and I, you are all safe. As Vignar said, this is a resistance movement to stop Ulfric Stormcloak. As of now we are all traitors. If Ulfric finds out what we're doing, we are all dead."
    He paused for a second in order to let that sink in.
    "Now, the goal for this meeting is not to have us all ride to Windhelm and chop Ulfric's head off. Movements like this take time, secrecy and careful planning. That's much more than can be done in one night. We're all here to plan basic strategy. Our current proposal is this: First off, we build our movement. There are a lot of deposed Jarls in Solitude who would be happy to take down Ulfric. We need to find a way to convince them to help us. If they can get back in power, they can steer the people away from Ulfric. Secondly, help from the Empire. As you may know, tensions between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion have been boiling ever since the Civil War ended. War is inevitable. We need a way to get the Emprie to spare some Legions and the best way to do that is to deliver the body of General Tullius home as a show of good faith. His head is decorating Ulfric's wall, along with Legate Rikke's, while their bodies adorn Solitude's walls. I've already made plans with some friends in Riften to "liberate" those bodies and bring them somewhere safe. All we have to do is pick them up and take them to the Imperial City. That leads to the last and most fun part of our plan: Use our new legions and our new armies to sack Windhelm."
    Simus paused for a moment and took a sip of mead.
    "That's our basic plan. Vignar here is going to work on the details of training an army in secret across the holds. What I need from you guys is to form a strike force that will follow my orders, execute the first two parts of our plan and cause as much trouble for Ulfric as possible. Questions?"
    Barnan smirked as he stood and once again, walked into the center of the room, his cloak wavering and drifting behind him. The General's Plan was Perfect. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was experienced. Barnan was as well but not so much as the General. As he stopped in the center, He took the small amount of time to notice a Girl, sitting between the two werewolves, with a sharp, determined face.​
    He was ever curious why a little girl would be attending this meet. She was the general's daughter as she heard, and was extremely important, as far as he saw. He turned his detemined, stone-faced gaze upon the general. He pulled down his mouth mask and pulled back his hood. Then he drew his Longsword, Gladius, and stabbed it into the ground, doing the same salute earlier. "Sounds like a perfect plan, General Simus. You have my sword, Gladius, and my bow, Geldain, should you need them." Then he looked up and smiled at the General, eager to bring the fight to the Stormcloaks and take down Ulfirc, but ready to be patient and plan carefully nonetheless. "When shall we begin?"

Aethalia

Aliah listened patiently to the generals plans. While she had no doubt that he would be able to rally forces against Ulfric, it was the 'follow my orders' bit that worried her. She hadn't followed orders since her dominion days, and wasn't planning on following anyone's orders for the rest of her days, either. Instead of saying that, she simply smiled faintly and thought to herself 'He's an ambitious one, if he thinks everyone here is going to simply follow his orders'

As much as she disliked being ordered around by, well,anyone, she realized she would need the help of this rebellion, if she wanted to get her revenge on Ulfric. Keeping her mouth shut, she took in the rest of the group, ignoring the ranger, who looked much too enthusiastic for her taste. No questions seemed to be forthcoming at the moment, although she was sure at least a couple of those seated around her had doubts and questions. Or they were all simple minded peons.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Marek rolled his eyes as the ranger stepped into the middle of the room and said, "Sounds like a perfect plan, General Simus. You have my sword, Gladius, and my bow, Geldain, should you need them." The man looked up from a kneeling position and asked, "When shall we begin?"

As far as Marek was concerned, the man was a fool to pledge himself so freely. That or he had some personal vendetta against Ulfric. Either way, as far as Marek was concerned, he was liable to get himself killed with an attitude like that. 'If he spouts any of that kind of nonsense around me, so help me....'

As for the Generals plan, Marek didn't overly care what the man had in mind so long as it didn't lead to his own death. That and he sure as hell wasn't going to pledge himself to this rebellion in any official way. Psyrakon could say what he wanted about being a traitor but then again, Marek had never really considered himself a member of either side during the war. He'd just happened to work for the Imperials because they payed better. If this thing went to hell he could always leave for Cyrodiil. There was only one thing he wanted to know at the moment.

"How much?" Marek said stiffly from the back of the room. He leaned on the wall and stared intently at the General, "What are you offering us to partake in this scheme Psyrakon? I've never worked for free and I see no reason to start now... Not even for your rebellion."

Ulfric deserved to die. He was a piss poor king and he was in fact quite bad for business. He had an annoying habit of sending whole platoons of soldiers to raze any location that they thought a fugitive might be hiding and in the process the often managed not to kill the person but instead send them running to the farthest reaches of the province. Truthfully, Marek would have killed the fool free of charge... but where was the fun in that? Besides, this whole thing had the potential to be backed by the Imperial Legion and that meant he could charge pretty well whatever he wished and expect that it would be given. After all he'd done it during the civil war and it'd made him quite wealthy.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar rolled his eyes towards the stone ceiling of the meeting room, as if appealing to some deity. First the blind Dunmer, now the ranger. 'Deliver me from these young fools' the vampire thought sourly, as the ranger drew his sword, and stabbed it into the ground, saluting and all but signing away his loyalty. 'Humans are such a temperamental bunch' he thought to himself. 'They give away their loyalty, love, and lives far too quickly. And they're almost all quick to act, and slow to think of the consequences' he reflected, glancing at the mercenary, who seemed to share his thoughts at the rangers' actions.

Then the man brought up the issue of payment, and the Altmer vampire chuckled. 'A pragmatist. I like him already'. In addition, it meant the man was one of those less than likely to throw himself into the weapons of the enemy simply because Simus said so. Salthar doubted that the general would order his followers to their deaths, but blind loyalty and eagerness killed more soldiers than it helped. For a few moments, he thought of offering the man a contract in the name of the dominion. They could always use more bounty hunters and assassins, especially if Simus' plan succeeded. Skyrim under the control of the Empire wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but Salthar had the feeling he would need a little leverage to make the next leader of Skyrim co-operate. However, he quickly reconsidered, remembering the hateful glare the man had thrown at him when he'd entered. Probably because of his robes, vampirism, or both.

"Simus, you can't honestly believe that I'd follow any of your orders. I'll work with you, but not for you" the vampire stated. To him, it seemed fairly reasonable, because if their positions were switched, the vampire couldn't see the stubborn Imperial following an order from Salthar, or any commanding officer in the Dominion. "As for your plan, I can't see any major flaws with it. I do, however have one request." Pausing, he thought of the best way to phrase his proposition. " In exchange for my assistance, I ask that you, or whoever takes control of Skyrim leave my blood kin and I unchallenged" then he waited for the mans' outburst. He doubted Simus, or any imperial official would agree to his proposal, but Salthar was working for his coven. If he could work out some deal, his vampires would be able to effectively control most of the province. Not directly, of course, but through small, shadowy methods. He'd proceed with that plan regardless, but if he achieved Simus' blessing, it would be that much easier.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Shadari listened attentively Psyrakons plan. It was a good plan, but not the best. If Shadari had planned she would never had tried to get the deposed jarls back into power first. First, she would have taken a small team into Ulfrics' palace, assassinated him, and then bring in the legion and deposed leaders. Cut off the head, and the body would fall. But she wasn't in command, and she didn't want to be. Really, the only reason she'd shown up at the meeting at all was for a chance to take out Blackstone, once and for all.

Announcing that, probably wouldn't be the best idea. Who knew how many in the room were...less than devoted to the general and his plan. Watching the ranger with a little smile, she pegged him immediately as one of the loyalists. Or a spy, maybe, getting his boot licking in nice and early, so he wouldn't be suspected later. The Nord mercenary spoke up, "How much?" The man said stiffly from the far wall. The back of the room, where he could easily keep an eye on everyone else. 'smart, but now I know roughly where you are, pal' "What are you offering us to partake in this scheme Psyrakon? I've never worked for free and I see no reason to start now... Not even for your rebellion."

Shadari didn't begrudge the man for asking payment. She'd have been surprised if he'd denied any payment, but then, he didn't have nearly as much riding on this as she did. The Khajiit assassin would gladly pay them to let her get a crack at Blackstone. "I'll play by your rules, general, but don't expect me to wear that silly Imperial armour." she said, crossing her arms. She no longer felt cornered, mostly because if an attack was coming, they'd have done so already.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
    Vivienne felt herself staring intently at the general as he spoke. She was unsettled, hearing that her cousin was nothing more than a show of good faith. She bit her tongue, feeling her breath get heated. She hated what it would mean, using her cousin as a beacon, but she wanted this Ulfric dead. She wanted him to die painfully, die slowly. She-
    She stopped her train of thought as her heart began to race. She listened as the Cyrodiilic man stood up, asking for payment. A mercenary. She smiled. Loyalty was always dependable from that type. Probably because Vivienne usually had the coin to keep the loyalty. She sighed, calming her inner turmoil a moment to look back at the general.
    "Questions?"
    "How exactly do you expect to curry favor with the Jarls?" she decided to focus to on the part of the plan that didn't make her want to tear open a giant. "I would expect not all of them will be swayed so easily, and a large group coming into town may alert Stormcloak forces. I'd assume we're meant to split up to some degree. The early stages will be the most pivotal, so I'd like a little elaboration."
    She paused.
    "And how are the bodies housed in Riften? What's the plan for the... " she could feel the poison on her tongue "theft of the bodies?"
    She hated to draw so much attention to herself, but she needed more concrete answers before she put so much faith in this general. If the general had little more than a vague idea to his plan, Vivienne would sooner go get her cousin's body back herself. She'd talked her way down here, after all, charming her way into a Riften crypt couldn't be much harder.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    After Simus was done with his presentation and asked for questions, the room came alive. Some were eager to follow his plan to the letter. Others would need motivation but were willing to play ball. Others still were just barely tolerating his being in command and would surely leave as soon as the job was done. This was fine, they all had to work together but they didn't have to like each other. The Ranger, Barnan was the first to speak, and act.

"Sounds like a perfect plan, General Simus. You have my sword, Gladius, and my bow, Geldain, should you need them." The man looked up from a kneeling position and asked, "When shall we begin?"

"As soon as you stand up son." Simus answered with a smile. There was no need for the ranger to treat him so royally but he appreciated the show of loyalty all the same. "I'm glad I have your support, and I'll need your sword and your bow in the coming months. This could take years to accomplish and I hope you're ready for that."

Barnan sat down and then Marek spoke up from the back corner of the room.

"How much?" Marek asked, staring intently. "What are you offering us to partake in this scheme Psyrakon? I've never worked for free and I see no reason to start now... Not even for your rebellion."
    "2,000 septims a week, plus 100 for every Stormcloak you kill. Our Stormcloaks will be wearing Whiterun Hold armor so don't give me some bullplops about how you got the sides confused. You will also have many oppertunites for bonuses and any loot or gear you aquire in the field will be yours."

The pay was extriemly generous and Simus suspected Marek knew that. It was four times the pay of a Legion Soldier and the other bonuses would add a significant amount. This strike force was integral to the success of the rebellion and Simus was going to make sure to satisfy everyone with a good tooth. Paying an entire army like this was prohibitivly expensive but there was plenty of money between Simus and Vignar. Money was simpy something that accumulated when one man was the Jarl of one of the richest holds in Skyrim and the other had a daughter that could see and prepare for economic trends with near unerring accuracy. Being a general and actively adventuring in your fifties also helped.

"Simus, you can't honestly believe that I'd follow any of your orders. I'll work with you, but not for you" Simus was dreading such an answer from Salthar but he had expected it. Simus didn't trust Salthar as far as he could throw him, and any compromise they made would most likey be a deal with Clavicus Vile. Even so, Salthar would be a powerful ally, especially with an entire coven at his beck and call. Not to mention any connections with the Thalmor he still had. "As for your plan, I can't see any major flaws with it. I do, however have one request." Pausing, he thought of the best way to phrase his proposition. " In exchange for my assistance, I ask that you, or whoever takes control of Skyrim leave my blood kin and I unchallenged"

Simus took a deep breath and tried very hard to maintain composure. He was working with his mortal enemies and hated every minute of it but he knew Salthar felt the same way. If the roles were reversed, Simus would be loathe to work for him in the service of the Dominion and he would only do it if failing to do so meant his death.

As for Salthar's coven, Simus knew all about what they were up to. They collected gold and human tribute from the holds in exchange for their good behavior. Simus was disgusted by this practice and would gladly gut Salthar and all his vampire friends but they were hardly a threat to Skyrim's future as they were, so he left them alone. Simus kept many eyes on them though, both seen and unseen. Simus assumed Salthar knew what he knew and that the vampire was being just at thorough in his information gathering. As such, they were in a state of cold war, preparing for the other to strike while hiding their own plans as much as possible.

"Well Salthar I can't say I blame you. I'll be honest here, you don't like me and I sure as hell don't like you but I know we can both be adults for the time being and work together. You're extriemly prideful and I understand that but I'm in command here and you're going to have to do as I say in order to make this work. If you show initiative and the ability to lead, which I'm sure the Thalmor instructed you very thoroughly in, you will be able to move up and have more freedom. You're gonna have to earn it like everyone else."

The female atmer in the corner had the same smug look on her face and Simus directed his attention to her.

"That goes for you too Miss Stormwind, yes I know who you are. You're entitied to nothing here unless you've earned it."

"As for your coven Salthar, I would welcome their assistance and so long as they are part of this rebellion I will not hinder their activites in any way. Which of course I'm completely oblivious to."

Simus waited for whatever snide remark the mer vampire would surely have but the Khajiit woman next to Ri'saad spoke up first.

"I'll play by your rules, general, but don't expect me to wear that silly Imperial armour."

"You won't have to madame khajiit. At least not for the rebellion. We'll be spending the next few days doing training exercises in Legion gear. I'm sure you're all skilled in your various crafts but you're all going to have to work as a team in order to survive. That's what an army is, a team. They do everything together regardless of how plopsty it is or how bad it hurts or how heavy their armor is. You're all going to show me how you deal with stress and unfamilliar situations with unfamilliar equipment. You can use all of your regular equipment when the fighting starts but until then you will be trained like Legion Soldiers. If you disobey me you will be repremanded like Legion Soldiers. You will also be fed, clothed, sheltered and as previosuly mentioned, paid like Legion Soldiers. Carlotta here will explain this in more detail."

Before Carlotta could stand up, Vivianne siezed her chance to speak.

"How exactly do you expect to curry favor with the Jarls?" she asked. "I would expect not all of them will be swayed so easily, and a large group coming into town may alert Stormcloak forces. I'd assume we're meant to split up to some degree. The early stages will be the most pivotal, so I'd like a little elaboration."
    She paused.
    "And how are the bodies housed in Riften? What's the plan for the...theft of the bodies?"

"Those are good questions." Simus said. "First off, you're right. Some of the Jarls won't support our cause. A couple are gong to be killed for their lapdog-loyalty to Ulfric. The deposed jarls in Solitude have mostly accepted Balgruuf the Greater, the former Jarl of Whiterun, as their de facto leader. We convince him, we convince the others. You're also indeed going to spit up at some point to deal with the current Jarls. Some can be persuaded to join us, others will have to be killed. Quietly."

Simus looked to Shadari as he said this.

"This will create a power vacuum that the old Jarls will fill. They want their old jobs back ann they won't turn down an oppertunity for them. As for the bodies, they're not in Riften, they're hanging from Solitude's gates. Their heads are adorning Unfric's throne room. All you need to know right now is that I have friends in Riften that are very good at getting things that don't belong to them and not getting caught in the process. Let them worry about the bodies. Now, Carlotta."
    Before anyone else could object to what Simus was proposing, and he knew many would, Carlotta stood up from a stone bench. Two bored and tired looking little girls had been laying against her with her arm around each. Her Mila and Simus' Cilla, both around ten years old. She gently woke their dozing forms and rested their heads against the crypt wall before standing up.

"Good evening." She said. "I'm Carlotta Valentia, soon to be Carlotta Psyrakon." She muttered the last part. "As some of you already know I sell bread and produce at the Whtierun market with my daugher Mila and sometimes Simus' little Cilla. I'm also the head of the supply unit consisting of the merchants here tonight as well as some others who couldn't be here. We'll be responsable for all your supply needs during the rebellion. Anything you need to do your jobs, food, mead, equipment repair, whatever, will all be provided for you free of charge. You can also buy from us during the day at a fifty percent discount. This is for things beyond basic needs such as enchanted armor or extra food or booze you might want. If you have any special needs come talk to me or Simus and we'll make some sort of acommodation. Blood for vampires for instance, or special armor for Khajiit. Things of that nature. Questions?"

(OOC: I understand that many of your characters would rather jizz on a mudcrab tham play Legion but I hope you guys play along anyway. The RP oppertunites are ripe and Lulzy. Plus, you're being paid very well to do this and a couple of weeks of boot camp isn't that big a deal in that respect."

Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene and Soldin listened to the General's plans and thoughts on several matters as more people spoke up and asked and damanded.

The ranger was eager. Much to the dismay and pleasure of both werewolves. Eagerness boosted morale. But it could get one killed if he was too eager. But at the same time, he would follow orders. So it was two to one.

Dabiene looked Marek dead in the eye even though his full attention was on Simus. He was a typical Mercenary. No more, no less. Perhaps he had his own personal values and 'rules' along with rogue chivalry on certain matters, but he could be reliable. As such, both werewolves glanced at each other as he spoke with the head man. They both came to an understanding through whispering short words.

"Trust?"

"Indeed."

"Be watchful of him."

"Alright."

"Don't let him do favors for you. He seems the type."

"I know his type, pup."

It was true, Dabiene had plenty of memories of bandits, cut-throats, vagabonds and especially mercenaries come after her. Mostly because of Ulfric and her being in the legion.

Then came the vampires.

"Simus, you can't honestly believe that I'd follow any of your orders. I'll work with you, but not for you." The vampire stated. "As for your plan, I can't see any major flaws with it. I do, however have one request."

The Altmer vampire paused. A moment passed before he dropped the ball. "In exchange for my assistance, I ask that you, or whoever takes control of Skyrim leave my blood kin and I unchallenged."

Silence.

Dabiene looked at the vampires back and forth for a moment then locked onto the males face. She saw cockiness in his eyes but also a huge amount of stubborness and resiliance. Soldin, if he wasn't trained in minor diplomatic matters, would've had his jaw drop to the floor with a loud 'clunk'. Fortunately his jaw was clamped shut but it didn't help that his eyes were bugging out. The audacity.

Dabiene then looked at Simus. He looked in pain and looked a tad bit frustrated. Or was he furious? This time she couldn't really tell but his eyes were clouded. Taking a deep breath the man on the defensive gave his idea on the matter.

"Well Salthar I can't say I blame you. I'll be honest here, you don't like me and I sure as hell don't like you but I know we can both be adults for the time being and work together. You're extriemly prideful and I understand that but I'm in command here and you're going to have to do as I say in order to make this work. If you show initiative and the ability to lead, which I'm sure the Thalmor instructed you very thoroughly in, you will be able to move up and have more freedom. You're gonna have to earn it like everyone else."

Simus directed his attention to the other vampire.

"That goes for you too Miss Stormwind, yes I know who you are. You're entitied to nothing here unless you've earned it."

Turning back to Salthar he gave his final answer. "As for your coven Salthar, I would welcome their assistance and so long as they are part of this rebellion I will not hinder their activites in any way. Which of course I'm completely oblivious to."
    The Khajiit woman spoke up next, very adamant in refusing to wear Legion armor. Simus then went to assure her that it was mostly for training. But then had warned her the consequences of while training in Legion armor they would all be trained AND treated like being in the Legion. As such, if the Khajiit defied orders during training she would be reprimended like a Legion soldier. End of.

The Nord woman that was of the Rikke clan stood up to address more matters.

"How exactly do you expect to curry favor with the Jarls?" she asked. "I would expect not all of them will be swayed so easily, and a large group coming into town may alert Stormcloak forces. I'd assume we're meant to split up to some degree. The early stages will be the most pivotal, so I'd like a little elaboration."
    She paused. Understandable due to the grief of Legate Rikke's fate, because the next statement did hint that.

"And how are the bodies housed in Riften? What's the plan for the...theft of the bodies?"
    That was what Dabiene and Soldin wanted to know. How were they going to take back the bodies and heads of the victoms and liberate them? The bodies were currently hanging in Solitude. Dabiene closed her eyes to regain professional composure. She saw those bodies... Every... Single... Day. It only made her anger even more apparent. Finally, she had enough. And that was when she met Ulfric's Khajiit. And that was how she was here now. Tired. Sore.

And Ulfric would pay. Dearly. Soldin couldn't agree more.

The two listened as Simus addressed the matter and then Carlotta stood up. Two little ones had to be moved and awakened so she could stand.

"Good evening." She said. "I'm Carlotta Valentia, soon to be Carlotta Psyrakon." She muttered the last part. Dabiene had raised an eyebrow at this and flicked her eyes back and forth between Simus and Carlotta. 'Interesting'. Soldin however grinned at the news but stayed silent.

"As some of you already know I sell bread and produce at the Whiterun Market with my daugher Mila and sometimes Simus' little Cilla. I'm also the head of the supply unit consisting of the merchants here tonight as well as some others who couldn't be here. We'll be responsable for all your supply needs during the rebellion. Anything you need to do your jobs, food, mead, equipment repair, whatever, will all be provided for you free of charge."

At this the two werewolves looked at one another. Soldin shook his head silently then winked. When Soldin was young he was a natural at smithing. He then learned more from Greymane at the Skyforge. He treasured the knowledge. Although... The man training him did NOT treasure his constant talking and questions. The boy was like a sponge. He also loved Dwemer technology and armor. He found it beautiful in fact.

As such, Soldin was an expert smith. Astounding due to his age. Enchanting he was a lesser. Far lesser. Dabiene filled that gap well. However, Dabiene couldn't wield heavy weapons or use a bow to save her life. Soldin could do that. But even he couldn't cast any spells without burning or wrecking something. That much the woman learned while journeying here. In short, they balanced each other out.

They turned their attention to Carlotta again. "...This is for things beyond basic needs such as enchanted armor or extra food or booze you might want. If you have any special needs come talk to me or Simus and we'll make some sort of acommodation. Blood for vampires for instance, or special armor for Khajiit. Things of that nature. Questions?" They both heard something about discounts but Dabiene wasn't worried. Even though Ulfric most likely siezed all her assets in Soldin and in Windhelm she was well off. So was Soldin. Well, as well off as a lower-middle class Dawnguard vampire slayer soldier could be.

The two looked at each other, understanding both had no questions or concerns. Well, for Carlotta at least. The two however, needed to speak with Simus. Urgently.

"Soldin and I have no questions regarding this. However..." She turned her head to Simus and spoke in a weary and tired tone. She couldn't help it from the events of the past week. "Soldin and I must speak to you. It is of great importance. And of Ulfric himself. Unless... You feel it should be shared with all in the room. It's your choice." Soldin nodded his head in agreement.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Carlotta had finished her presentation when Dabiene spoke up.

"Soldin and I have no questions regarding this. However...Soldin and I must speak to you. It is of great importance. And of Ulfric himself. Unless... You feel it should be shared with all in the room. It's your choice."

She sounded weak and tired, as if getting here was very hard, but she also sounded urgent. Simus could tell this was importaint without her telling him so, and if it was about Ulfric he wanted to hear it privately before everyone else did. There was still much about this group he didn't know.

"It's Dabiene right? Why don't you and Soldin come with me. There's a back room where we can talk privately."

He raised his voice slightly so everyone else could hear.

"As for the meeting I think we're done here. You're all welcome to stay and eat as long as you like and we have beds for you in back if you'd like to sleep here. You can also go to the Bannard Mare, which has offered its rooms free of charge for tonight. Anyone still interested in joining us is to report back here tomorrow morning. Any who don't...well, I hope you don't decided to sell us out to Ulfric. It wouldn't be worth it in the long run."

With that he walked over to where Carlotta was.

"Carlotta and I have to step out for a minute but Vignar and his kin will be here if you have any questions.'

Cilla and Mila were now asleep against the stone wall of the crypt. Simus carefully took Cilla into his arms and pulled her onto her feet, gently waking her up.

"m...papa?" She mumbled.

"Hi baby." Simus said, his one good eye sparking with love for his littlest faerie. "The meeting's over and we're gonna get you changed and in bed okay? Carlotta's got one all ready for you in back and we've also got a warm little fire."

"That's good." She mumbled. "It's cold down here."

"Well we're gonna get you nice and warm. C'mon sweetheart, up you go.

"Mama?" Mila mumbled. "Is the meeting over? Sorry we fell asleep."

"It's over little fairy." Carlotta said, bringing her own daughter to her feet. Both girls were practically asleep standing up so they had to be put to bed quickly. "It's okay sweetheart. Simus and I figured you two would. That's why we've got a good bed and your footy pajamas all ready to go. Let's get you changed and in bed."

Simus and Carlotta led the girls through the double doors in the back of the crypt. Inside was a room partitoned into several alcoves large enough to fit two beds, a fireplace and enough space for two people to be comfortable (OOC: Think how the dormatories in the College of Winterhold are laid out but instead of rooms in a circle, they're on each side of the room with a hallway down the middle.)

The first alcove on the left had a roaring fire and this was the one the girls were lead to. They were assisted in undressing by their respective parents and changed into their one-pice footy pajamas. They closed by a dwemer invention called a zipper that ran from the collar to the groin and the soles of the feet were made of dotted rubber, a dwemer alchemical reciple that prevented one from slipping on the feet while walking. They covered the whole body except the head and hands. Cilla's were white with blue raindrops all over them and Mila's were white with little green trees all over them. The girls got into their soft down beds and rested their heads on the deep feather pillows as they were covered up with two warm cotton quilts each. Between their pajamas, the quilts and the fire salt fed fire that would last through the night, they were downright cozy and went to sleep moments after being kissed goodnight.

Simus then noticed Dabiene and Soldin standing behind him and Carlotta, just beyond the alcove (OOC: I figure they would follow but I can change it if you don't like it Dabs.). The two aging imperials looked at the werewolves expectantly.

"So what would you like to talk about?"

Meanwhile, outside Alice had used her father and soon-to-be-stepmother's absince to retrieve a tea tray for Salthar and Aliah. It was a silver tray laden with a beautiful porcelain teapot of elven make with two cups and saucers of the same set. The set was the centerpiece of the small collection of items she had been able to save from the Thalmor Embassy before it was destroyed. It was Ambassador Elenwyn's tea set and while her Nord comrades scoffed at such elvin gaudyness, Alice was grateful to have saved such beautiful dishes.

"I wanted to thank you again for coming Salthar." She said to the Thalmor vampire. "I have something special for you if you're hungry or thirsty."

The tray contained a plate of small cinnamon scones, each small enough to clutch with one hand. The teapot wasn't filled with tea at all, but fresh, steaming blood. She lifted the lid so Salthar could smell its warm sanguine steam then quicky replaced it.

"If you would also like some madame altmer, you're more than welcome to it." Alice called to Aliah. She then leaned in to Salthar, lowering her voice so only he could hear.

"This came out of dad and I less than an hour ago. We have the same bloodtype so that shouldn't affect the taste but I'm sorry if it does. He said something about hoping you choke on it but I think he's just being an old skeever. Don't tell him I said that though."

Alice then folded her hands in front of herself, waiting for the satisfaction of seeing Salthar sip the blood.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts