OOC [Recruiting] The Outside Threat

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

AS88

Staff member
    Sounds good, AS88. I remember you applied for SINS but I vaguely recall the character card though (sorry man). It'd be cool if you could write up a rehashed version. I've seen your work and you've got talent...I'd be happy to accept your application right off the bat...but it'd be useful to have your character card though.
    As for SINS...that's pretty much over, man. It just died out....that straight forward. A shame that it did so early into the story but yeah...Sorry that you weren't told about that either...you should have been contacted so that you weren't strung along like that, if it's any comfort, that happened to the rest of us that remained active too.

Thanks, man. I'll post up a CC over the weekend (or before) and introduce myself on the IC thread. I've already got Gattuso's adaptations sorted, and an angle for him to discover the virus, I just need some time to write a proper CC and entry!

Thanks again

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Sorry for not posting yet. Things got busy between graduation and just life. I will probably post either today or tomorrow!

Therin

Okay, since my character started the closest to Fort Sunguard, I imagine that I'll probably be the first to arrive. (Maybe next post, maybe not.) Don't worry at all about getting there, I can spend plenty of posts "fixing up" the fort or even scouting around trying to find out more info about what's happening. So, don't feel like you're rushed to get there. You're not. :)

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Wolfbane: Nothing missed, activity has been rather slow.

Therin: Thanks for posting up, man...was beginning to think everyone had lost interest. I'll be writing towards Sungard, but figure it'll take maybe 4 to 5 posts (as I can't help but amuse myself along the way).

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Since our characters are close by and you've mirrored what had happened with my character (with what happened at the gates of Solitude)...it's to be assumed that both of our characters are operating in the same time frame. But absolutely shift to evening...I already did :confused:

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Actually, now that I really think about it...It wouldn't matter too much. It's your character's experience and from their perspective, put the timeframe as you please...I mean, something random like being knocked unconscious could alter their experience of time for something like a week or even longer. So it wouldn't matter until characters are grouped together...then they'd be experiencing the same timing. Forget the last thing I wrote....my bad.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    I'd hate to deprive you of coming up with something for that, it's all part of the fun...but if you haven't come up with anything after a little while then sure, maybe we could have a brain storming session? :)

Therin

One step at a time, Wolfbane. :) No one is rushing you to the safe house, so take your time and figure out a plausible chain of events. You don't have to get there all at once. First thing's first: how/why are you leaving Solitude?

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Are you guys still accepting applications? If so, here is the character I made specifically for this RP.

Name: Rowan
    Race: Imperial
    Birth Place: Solitude, Skyrim
    Residence: Solitude
    Laterality: Right Handed
    Marital Status: Single
    Morality: Neutral
    Family: None (Orphan)

Appearance: Strong jaw line, high cheekbones and deep blue eyes. His brows are rather angular and give him a somewhat more serious expression than what his current mood may actually be. Short, dark brown hair covers his head in a classic 'bed head' manner. He almost always seems to be smirking at something. Rowan is a pretty average height, standing 5' 11" and weighs about 175lbs soaking wet. He has long legs and is in extremely good condition. He likes to work out in order to avoid becoming just another lazy librarian. He usually wears a long brown leather coat over forest green pants and a black sweater. He also wears a pair of tall leather boots and, when outside, a pair of leather gloves.

Personality: Rowan is a pretty damned easy going guy and can get along with most people but if for some reason you tick him off, he can be an exceptionally tough customer. He is somewhat cynical but he has a witty, sarcastic sense of humor that keeps him from becoming too down in the dumps while he broods on how annoyed he gets with people. He likes to enjoy himself and is always looking to have a little fun. When it comes to work he becomes much more serious. He is very knowledgeable about all manner of traps, mazes and puzzles, despite having never actually encountered one and considers himself to be a history buff.

Roleplaying Sample:

Here is a post from Reforging an Empire 2 that I wrote for my main character

Andre Marek strode up the path between Whiterun cities outer and inner gates with one hand on the hilt of his sword and his slate grey eyes boring holes into every guard he met. It was a clear message. Do not bother me. Whiterun was perhaps his least favorite city in all of Skyrim. With its bitter, windswept streets and uninvitingly cold atmosphere, it was pretty near the bottom of his list of vacation retreats. And for some reason, which Marek had been so far unable to identify, they made the most god awful coffee in all the province. The only reason he now found himself there was business, plain and simple. On his last visit to Riften, one of his contacts there had informed him of a potential long term employment opportunity, one that had the potential to become a rather lucrative one as well.

"This had better be worth my time or Keeran will be paying for my troubles himself," Marek muttered to himself as he arrived at the cities main gate. Neither of the two guards gave him any trouble as he strode through the short tunnel and into Whiterun itself. Now, he thought,where did he say this meeting was taking place? Marek stopped for a moment and simply stood in the street as he thought about what his acquaintance had said. Not one of the men on watch seemed too interested in trying their hand at moving the menacing, armed, and armored mercenary standing in the middle of the street, even at this ungodly hour. Wracking his brain, Marek pulled the conversation to the forefront of his mind. Hall of the dead, down in the crypts if I'm not mistaken, he thought as he turned and started up the steps into the aptly named Wind District.

Although it had been a while since he had last been in the city, it still didn't take him long to find Whiteruns burial crypts. Pushing open the aged wooden door guarding the entrance he found himself in a small antechamber with a couple of doors leading off in different directions. Directly in front of him were a pair of large double doors, which undoubtedly led further into the crypts beneath the city, and standing on either side of them was a Stormcloak soldier.

"Hold there! What's yur business here sir?" Both men immediately stood straighter and pulled their swords part way out of their sheaths.

Marek stopped and raised an eyebrow as he evaluated the pair. Definitely the right place, he thought. "My business is whatever I say it is." He cracked his knuckles ominously and paused for a moment, "Although, in this case I'm willing to bet that our purposes are, if not identical, somewhat similar. I'm here for the meeting."

The two men eyed him suspiciously and exchanged a look before the one to his left said, "...Right, if that be the case then go on inside. Take a left, then a right then continue straight past two halls and its the last door on the left." With that both men stood aside, allowing Marek to push his way into the bowels of the crypts.

Following the guards directions he arrived at an unremarkable door through which he could hear the sounds of conversation. Sighing heavily he pushed the door open, grimacing as the hinges squeaked loudly, to reveal a rather large room set as though for a banquet. Around the perimeter of the room stood several people, all of whom were standing in small groups talking quietly amongst themselves. After a quick look at the faces of those in attendance, Marek spotted the man who was apparently in charge of the whole operation; General Simus Psyrakon of the prestigious Stormcloak army stood at the head of the long trestle table talking with an older man and a very young looking woman.

Marek slowly walked down the steps as he looked about the room. Directly in front of him was a man garbed in blue and gold armor and carrying the trademark tools of the ranger. It seemed he had only arrived just moments ago, as he had yet to address anyone in the room. Keeping the man in his peripheral, Marek sidestepped so that his back was against the wall and then preceded to look over everyone in the room.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Andre Marek, I like the way you write, it's very good...If you don't mind toning back your character, then I'd be happy to have you onboard. We're aiming for more regular sort of people with everyday, regular sort of jobs whereas tomb raider/treasure hunter is a little too glamorous and experienced with adventure rather than a character thrown into danger...your character actively seeks it. Aside from that, I appreciate that you've changed your standard approach to a character (withdrawn, stand-offish, methodical bounty hunter....yeah, I had a look at your work, it's good)...so if you're willing to compromise your character's profession towards something a bit more grounded, then I can remove that [recruiting] word from the title :D

Andre Marek

Ok cool, that's definitely something I can do. Hmm, how about a collector of rare items? Kind of like a antique collector I guess. That way, I can still have him be a big history buff and he can still be somewhat knowledgeable about ancient ruins, except he would only have studied them from books and the like. I guess he'd be that one in a million historian whom you can have a conversation with and not be bored to death. I know it isn't a 'real' job as far as Skyrim goes but hey, this is an RP... Some stuff is implied right?

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Maybe a history scholar for the bard's guild? I'd rather aim towards the focus of you character being a historian than likely to be in possession of rare items. Whaddya think?

Andre Marek

Well by rare, I didn't quite mean the Gulder Amulet. More along the lines of random stuff from inside a burial crypt. However, I can go for him being a scholar. Kind of a Jeod Longshanks but without the past adventures.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Ah ok, well either way then...as long as your character isn't sporting leveled items then it's all good :)

Andre Marek

Ok, I like the scholar idea actually, so I'll just go with that. Does this mean I can officially post then? I'll have to read up first and make sure I know what's going on.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Yeah, welcome to the RP Andre :D
    Make sure to update your CC though, so if anyone needs to refer to it for future reference, all the info is located on the one post.

Andre Marek

Done. And just to be clear, I seem to recall something about fort Sungaurd being a 'safe' zone. Is that the place where everyone will eventually meet up?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts