OOC [Recruiting] The Outside Threat

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    banner.jpg

The air is stale in here; it tickles the throat and weighs heavy in the lungs – You cannot remain here for long anyway.

Worthless, everything is worthless in here – except, there’s a journal...you read the final entry.

“...Are they superstitious, Desiree? Surely they could overrun this temple if they desired. They’re out there now. It has become a ritual that I share with these abominations. The women call to me, they know my name...You are my heart, Desiree, but - they suggest things that worm into the mind of a lonely man. I am ashamed of my shortcomings...often I have wanted to go to them.

I have lost count of days, it matters not. It has been a long time since I have watched them through the keyhole. I doubt that I have the willpower to resist if I were to look upon their suggestive acts once more.

The children clamber over the roof. At first, I had thought they were seeking entry. They do not. They taunt and laugh tainted with sadism, a bleak thing to hear from youthful voices. They know where I stand. I have heard them directly above my head...the sound startled me to move from my spying peephole to a safer place within the temple. Their movements followed my own.

I cannot continue this way, Desiree. I speak to you throughout the day and I fear the approaching time when my madness will respond with your voice.

Supplies dwindle, will I seek further rations? Nay, I will seek them out as they sleep and I will burn their sanctum to the ground.”

You drop the journal and run for the city limits...

- Rumours circulated that the origin was from a small town named Morthal, having travelled in early days by means of wagon to neighbouring regions before the disease mutated into a new threat.

The afflicted lost trace of their former selves and have developed into what appears to be a hive mentality. Densely populated areas overturned at alarming rates. Handfuls of survivors either hid or fled to escape the reaches of the virus. Most rural dwellings have been spared to date, some blissfully unaware of the approaching wave.

This RP is post apocalyptic/horror themed and will contain tones of an adult nature. 18+, Minors need not apply. With that said...

This will be a survivalist freeform Role Play based into the distant future from the Skyrim era (lore over that duration can be determined by the participants), there would of course be battle seasoned survivors but this story is not about them...this story is about average people put to odds with themselves, each other and the outside threat. Being a freeform RP, I cannot say where this will lead, that is entirely up to you – it may lead to overcoming the threat against all adversity, or it may lead to a tragic death – again, that’s entirely up to you.

Usual rules for RP’ing apply – if you don’t know what those are, this might not be the RP for you.

If you are already involved in other RP’s, that’s cool. Just consider whether or not you’ll have time to include this one before applying – but note that I am challenging you to create a fresh new character that doesn’t look or behave like anything you have created before and despite your own moral bias will remain true to that character’s traits...ROLEPLAY, feel out something different, mix it up and have some fun with it :p

Casting open for two new recruits. If interested, please apply at the end of this thread, including character card along with a sample of your writing to showcase your talent. :D

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Great idea, sir. This is the RP specific character I have created for this thread.

Name: Butch ( Surname useless to family )
    Race: Breton
    Birth Place: Rorikstead, Skyrim
    Birth Sign: The Steed
    Laterality: Right Handed
    Morality: Lawful Good
    Martial Status: Single
    Current Residence: Rorikstead
    Current Occupation: Bard
    Current Family: A mother and grandfather.

Appearance: Tall, lean, long legged, short moustache, tuft, brown flowy shoulder length hair, emerald green eyes, striking looks.
    Apparel: He wears brown leggings with ankle high black boots. He wears a hat ( Look of a cowboy hat) with a large hawk feather on the left side. His shirt is a white button up tunic. he wears brown gloves.
    Weapons: He carries a steel rapier, with a steel dagger.
    Combat Style: He fights with a traditional fencing style, using his rapier for thrusting and his dagger for slashing and stabbing.

Personality: Vibrant, bubbly and highly talkative with a great sense of humour, Butch is highly sociable, friendly and courageous. Often, he begins singing songs in the middle of things, and he sings quite well, for that.

Roleplaying sample.

Butch smiled to the tavern goers watching him, hands clutching ale or mead. He bowed, his lute banging into his groin on its strap. He tried to mask his pain, yet his leg twitched, and he shivered. The watching people laughed, and when Butch rose, so did he. "Ok... My first ballad is... a local favourite! Ragnar the Red!" Butch took several deep breathes, and silently yelped at the silence. Yikes, its awfully quiet... Butch thought. He cleared his throat, and began, playing the tune on his lute. "Oh there once was a hero named Ragnar the red that came riding to Whi-" His singing was interrupted, when a raggedly dressed man, in appalling condition burst through the door. He began screaming in panicky tones with his hands dramatically flying around. "You must go... go fools! Do you not know of the terror that comes!" The whole room stared at the man, in obvious surprise. " Go, before you are...all...tu.." His voice faded, his tumbled, and fell, eyes wide, motionless, and not breathing, on the hard wooden floor. Dead. People moved his body out the door, while others began chatting about what he said. Some left, to tell their families. Other drunks continued drinking, but Butch ran out the door, straight to his mothers home, his long legs pumping his lean body at high speed, along the main road, to their home, upon the mound.

Looking forward to your reply,

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Just a suggestion Riz :D so that people who are applying know what you are looking for in a character card, put yours up as an example :D

Also that way I kinda know what you are looking for and decide if I will stalk this rp or not :p

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Actually, MagicBlade got it about right. Adding 'current family' was a good idea, considering most people would be concerned about their friends and family's safety (nice little sideplots for characters). I had intended on making a character last so I could play out a type that nobody else had covered but if a few days pass and people want an example, I'll put something up.

MagicBlade, I like the angle you have decided to go with. I checked some of your other stuff and it looks like you have a tendency for short dialogue with other characters and your strength is in writing out action scenes. Good to see you'll be filling a social and comedic role. I'd be happy to have you onboard :)

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Cheers, rizen for the feedback, I'm happy to be on.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Wolfbane: The characters would be of a working class nature to begin with, like you say blacksmith, farmer, etc...
    Really, this angle is so that the characters are flawed to some degree and each encounter presents a struggle, perhaps having to to resort to alternatives (running, hiding, trapping etc) opposed to simply chopping off heads left and right. However, I like to think that any line of employment would bring a skillset to the table anyway, for example, a blacksmith is likely to have some experience handling a weapon. A bard (like MagicBlade has done) is better in social situations and therefore more likely to be able to talk his way out of a corner, or maybe haggle for better trading. Eventually the characters will have gained experience with combat and it wouldn't look out of place to read them as slaying lower level enemies without difficulty or working together as a cohesive unit. Hope that answers your question :)

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    I'll need to see a bio and a sample of your writing before we get to that. No offence, but I intend on being selective about the participants on this RP.

Therin

This is a good idea, Rizen, and I wish you the best. I'd like to join, but it seems that every RP I join fizzles out and dies within two or three weeks, and I'm not looking forward to that happening again. (Not insinuating that it will happen to yours, mind you.) Also, my next two days are pretty hectic with tests, so I'm not sure I could dedicate the time required to create a full character (although, a shepherd has popped into my head pretty quickly).

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Cheers for the encouragement, Therin. I'm looking to start this RP for the exact same reason that you mentioned about RP's that 'fizzle out'. Btw, a shepherd is a brilliant idea! As you can see, recruitments are still open - I'd be keen to see what kind of shepherd CC you could create if you're still interested after your tests.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Name: Tatúm Fellow-Barns

Race: Nord

Current family: Two daughters

Appearance: Slightly overweight, greyed swept back hair almost to shoulder length, bushy beard that ends in plats. Pale powdery blue common class shirt with the sleeves rolled up to expose a platted leather bracelet tied around his left wrist. Brown working class trousers with patchwork stitched over the knees. Brown muddied boots with the original laces replaced with black laces.

Personality: Cranky, opinionated.

Stereotypical (shake a fist ‘get off my lawn’) grumpy old man. Tatúm founded an early laundry service to the townspeople of Markarth that flourished into a family business now run by his two daughters. He frequents the Silver Blood Inn, the local tavern of Markarth, retelling drunken induced rants about any topic he has opinion on to unsuspecting travellers. Although somewhat entertained by his rants, they quickly become embarrassed by his bluntness and unsettling conversation topics. Most locals tend to shrug off any trace of anger or conviction to his ranting and chalk it up to him simply being ‘same old Tatúm’ with a smirk and a shake of the head.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Name: Silann

Race: Redguard

Occupation: Lumberjack (That one guy that runs the mill who's only dialogue option is to buy lumber for your Hearthfire house :D)

Family: Silann is married, and has one child, a son. His wife is a Redguard named Nania, who is 34 years old, and his son is named Jonah, and is 13 years old.

Birth Place: Elinhir, Hammerfell

Residence: Falkreath, Skyrim

Physical Description: Silann is about 5'9, with long, wavy jet black hair that stops just past his shoulders. He is more on the slim side, but has developed muscles from years of working the mill. Has a faint goatee, and light, sky blue eyes.

Personality Description: There is one thing Silann is not: outspoken. He speaks when he needs to and has something to say, unless you get him drunk. He is a caring and loving husband and father, and respects every human unless they are disrespectful to him. He finds the joy, happiness and laughter in everything; a real optimist. Appreciates the smaller things in life. Oh, and also loves him some fine, vintage wine.

Weapons: Usually a simple axe. One with which you chop wood. Silann sees no need for elaborate weaponry when you have an axe. Problem solved. Then again, the biggest of Silann's problems are skeevers and the occasional wolf.

Clothing: Nothing more than a humble worn, red laced tunic and black, beat-up trousers along with black knee high boots, caked in mud and riddled with holes from hard work on the mill. Always has a special amulet around his neck that his father gave to him right before him and his wife fled Hammerfell.

History: Silann was born in Elinhir, Hammerfell. He grew up as a hard working kid, with the values of hard work and dedication take you far in life. When conflict returned to Hammerfell, (not sure who or what, that will have to be decided based on what time period we are staging this role play in) his father quickly packed up Silann and his newly wed wife Nania and sent them right across the border into Falkreath, where they could live, away from the omnipresent conflict in Hammerfell.
    Now he owns the wood mill in Falkreath, and is much loved by the people that reside in the village because of his optimism and enthusiasm about life, even after being forced to leave his home.

Sample:

Silann wiped the sweat from his brow and gave the axe another hefty, dutiful swing. It lodged itself in the pine tree, and Silann let go of the rough wooden handle, grimacing. That's enough for today, I think. Damn back. His back had been aching every since those nasty wolves attacked just a fortnight ago. I should have listened to my wife and stayed back and rested. Silann wrenched the axe from the tree trunk with a grunt, and slung it from his belt as he turned and headed back to the main cobblestone road.

He reached the path after a few minutes, and turned south to return to Falkreath when he heard a howl. More wolves?! There seem to be more and more each coming day... something seems off about it. He thought to himself, while glancing at the treeline warily. Then he heard it again. Louder. Closer.

He gave a quick glance behind him and thought he caught a glance of beady red eyes. He picked up his pace, and soon it became a moderate jog. He could see the ramshackle wall of Falkreath in the distance; he was almost there. He turned his head again, and for an instant saw the beast before it leaped on top of him. Silann had just enough time to pull his trusty axe out of his leather belt before he fell to the ground.

Silann swiftly jammed the axe in the wolf's jaw before it could strike, and it snarled and attempted to bite through the wooden handle to reach his prey. Silann kneed the wolf in it's stomach, and managed to throw the beast off of him. He quickly rose, and with slobbery axe in hand, charged at the wolf. The creature's and his eyes locked for just one second before Silann slammed the axe into the wolf's collarbone, killing it instantly. He tore it out, and sheathed his axe.

If there are any more of those wretched things, I will not be a happy camper. Or rather lumberjack. He lifted the wolf's lifeless carcass up and draped it over his shoulders. Ah, Hrolgard will want this for the pelt. At least the part I didn't tear to shreds with my axe. But Nania will be furious with the bloodstained linens. And with that thought, he continued down the road to Falkreath.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Name:Sheila(pronounced She-el-a)

Race:Bosmer

Family:Sister( in Skyrim. The rest of her family is in Valenwood)

Birthplace: Arenthia, Valenwood

Residence: Solitude

Physical Description: Medium black hair with two braids on each side. She has blue eyes, which is not common in bosmer. She has a athletic build(Archer's body) She also has a scar on her face from a wolf. She is also cute.

Personality Description: She hates people she doesn't know. She took the job as a Fletcher so she doesn't have to deal with people or as many people. She is a solitary person, only talking to her good friends. She isn't very outspoken, but she will listen to her friends or any person that is not that annoying. Men try to flirt with her in the inn, she laughs them off. Most people don't get her, and she kind of has a cynical view of the world. However, she is a hopeless romantic in secret. She also spends a lot of time reading.

Weapons: An elven longbow that was made by her parents who were both great hunters, and one elven short blade made by a village blacksmith ( it is mainly used for a home defense weapon, cutting food, she mainly relies on her bow) She also uses her mind as a weapon.

Clothing: A leather vest with a tan linen undershirt. She also has leather bracers and leather boots.

History: She was born in Arenthia, Valenwood. Her parents taught her how to use a bow and her mind at a very young age. Most people who want to use a bow must start at a young age, so Sheila was no different. At the age 5 her parents began to teach her how to read and write. She showed a love for knowledge at a young age. After that she was reading anytime she could or when she had free time after bow practice. She was picked on by the other village children for having blue eyes, and not having the right hair, or the right presence, even for reading things other than the stuff deemed "practical". After that she developed a cynical view of people and the world. When she was 18 she and her sister, Avia, went out to see the world. They first stopped in cyrodiil, doing bounty jobs, hunting. Then after three years of the same things, same people, and maybe being to close to home, they went to skyrim. They have been there ever since.

Sample: The annoying sound of the customers and the sweet voice of her sister filled the shop. She had no idea how Avia could stand people, their voices, and how, at least to her, they always waited for their turn to talk. This is why she loved being a Fletcher, being behind the curtains. Sheila hates people. Always have and always will. Sure she has a few friends, but other than that, she can't stand people. How they are always in a rush, always so narrow minded and loud. This is why she liked being behind her sister, not being bothered by the annoyances. The routine of making the arrows calms her body and mind down. She hums a simple tune from her homeland, at this moment, she was content. Days like this she wishes she meets the perfect person who really understands her, she is tired of thinking she found the right person, only to get torn down afterwards. Maybe that's one of the reasons she is a cynic.

She sometimes think if coming to skyrim was a right choice, but then flashes of being called "freak","coward",and "waste of skin who can't do anything",destroys any thought of going to back to valenwood. Besides people here are less social, the weather is nice, and she has her sister, and a few group of friends makes her want to stay in skyrim. That thought was interrupted by a loud voice with a problem.

"I said I want my money back, damn elf! Your bows are folly!" "Well maybe it's how you are shoot-" then the big nord pulled back and slapped Avia. Sheila heard the commotion and then saw the slap."I suggest you take your damn bow back, lower your voice, and get out of here you stupid man." Sheila said with her bow drawn.

"Don't test me girl, I will snap both of you in half. I am going to get my septims back." the man was now furious and was white knuckling his sword. "You won't even have time to draw your sword." then the nord began to draw his sword only to have an arrow catch his sleeve and cut his hand. the arrow stuck in the wall. "You think an arrow can hold me!" Then two arrows followed. One arrow just above the nords head, then the other between his legs. "No, but you can risk your head or your manhood." The nord took the hint and hurried off. This is why Sheila hates people.

She proceeded to help and look over her sister and best friend. "Are you ok Avi? did he hit hard? Next time I see him i will teach him not to mess with us" "I'm Fine Ila, thanks to you of course. Not every nord is like that. Unfortunately we just happened to have one come in. You know what? We need the day off lets go to the inn, eat, drink and have some fun!" Sheila pondered the thought then smiled. "Let's do that! We both need some time off!" With that, they proceeded to the inn.

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    LOOOOL

Your character's name is Sheila?

That's what we call girls down here in Australia!

'Oh she's a nice sheila!'

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    This is looking pretty damned good!
    I'd be happy to include both Delusional and Wolfbane if you are both still interested. Seems ideal that we tend to have characters that are somewhat reclusive that shy away from the general public...being a viral outbreak and all...but even better is that we also have a character that is social and comedic to work as the glue of the group. Sorry Magicblade, but it looks like you're going to be the foundation and morale of the group...so far... :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts