Read this before posting Dawnguard info

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Since Dawnguard has a staggered release on the different platforms, it is VITAL that you do not include spoiler information in the titles of your threads. I also added the "Spoiler" prefix so you can put that in your titles. Just hover your mouse over the small arrow to the left of your thread title, then click on the "Spoiler" label and it will be applied.

Be patient if you're posting questions. Remember that not everyone on this site plays the game on Xbox so many of us will be initially unable to respond with anything useful.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Question: what would classify as a spoiler in signatures? My vampire will be joining, obviously, the vampire faction, so I was going to add "________'s Coven" or whatever it might be called to his information in my signature. Would that be a no-no?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I think listing the coven is fine. Just nothing like "AwesomeCharacter - Level 50 - Got the Holy Hand Grenade from the Evil Vorpal Bunny" or something.

Yeah rayven! You said no spoilers allowed!

Gowsh

Old Fart
Rayven,

Is this section for both Help and Discussion of Dawnguard or should help requests go in the usual place?

Thanks.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
It's Dawnguard help and Dawnguard discussion for now, Gowsh. I'll split it up later if we end up needing to do so.

ShadowGambit

Damn Rayven, because of your spoiler I HAVE TO BUY AN XBOX now...o_O

Vorpal Bunny FTW

SaveVsBedWet

Vorpal Bunny gave up the Holy Hand Grenade? But he told Dr. D'Irsei he hadn't seen it...

IN TEH BUNNY SHE IS DISAPPOINT :sadface:

Sargeant_002

Why not just add a temporary *SPOILER ALERT* viewable by any and all entering the DAWNGUARD area until it's available on all platforms. Maybe a launch page with a radio button that remembers your permission choice? I.E.

"You are about to enter the DAWNGUARD discussion section. As this add on is currently only available on XBOX be forewarned there may be spoilers about the coming expansion for the PS3/PC players. By clicking "OK" you are agreeing that seeing a spoiler won't be held against our site ;-)"

Or something like that...either way I have the expansion and have yet to really dive into it's new quest chains...sad really.

Brian-

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well the thread titles show up on the "What's New" page regardless of where they are. That's why we don't like spoilers in thread titles anyway.

Nakatsu_Hime

Since Dawnguard has a staggered release on the different platforms, it is VITAL that you do not include spoiler information in the titles of your threads...

I just read this and was highly amused by the above definition of 'staggered'.

pro-Skillz

What
Since Dawnguard has a staggered release on the different platforms, it is VITAL that you do not include spoiler information in the titles of your threads. I also added the "Spoiler" prefix so you can put that in your titles. Just hover your mouse over the small arrow to the left of your thread title, then click on the "Spoiler" label and it will be applied.

Be patient if you're posting questions. Remember that not everyone on this site plays the game on Xbox so many of us will be initially unable to respond with anything useful.

What about PC and PS3? people play on those platforms to. Just saying:)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts